[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

next disgruntled superstar traded?
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/12/2019  3:39 PM
wow in the past two years we have pg13, butler, kyrie, westbrook, leonard and kp traded. it seems like there are many disgruntled stars who want to leave their situations which is why teams are stockpiling assets to get ready for the next blockbuster trade. the question is who will be the next superstar to be traded? if Portland is knocked out in the first round next year I can see lillard getting traded.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/12/2019  3:57 PM
jazz74 wrote:wow in the past two years we have pg13, butler, kyrie, westbrook, leonard and kp traded. it seems like there are many disgruntled stars who want to leave their situations which is why teams are stockpiling assets to get ready for the next blockbuster trade. the question is who will be the next superstar to be traded? if Portland is knocked out in the first round next year I can see lillard getting traded.

Lilliard has listed NY as a potential trade destination in the past. Also, I've heard KAT mentioned in passing the past few months. Jimmy Butler is always a possible.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/12/2019  4:29 PM
I know the knicks need to stop banking on FA and holding your cap space because clearly this is a players league.

We have had cap space every other yr for the last 6 yrs, and NOT one Super star has signed on. The knicks are going to have to trade for a star and then they will have a better chance of getting one through FA..

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2019  4:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I know the knicks need to stop banking on FA and holding your cap space because clearly this is a players league.

We have had cap space every other yr for the last 6 yrs, and NOT one Super star has signed on. The knicks are going to have to trade for a star and then they will have a better chance of getting one through FA..

Wait, about how much cap space has the team had in each of the last 6 years?

I wanna see how this plays out for you.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/12/2019  5:17 PM
There’s been so much star movement, I really don’t see any more stars becoming disgruntled in the near future. The other problem is that even if they do, the AD, Westbrook and PG trades have so hyper inflated the expected package, it’s just not worth it (and we can be easily outbid by the peels and OKC).We’re best building like Denver did, only stars will be homegrown.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/12/2019  5:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:There’s been so much star movement, I really don’t see any more stars becoming disgruntled in the near future. The other problem is that even if they do, the AD, Westbrook and PG trades have so hyper inflated the expected package, it’s just not worth it (and we can be easily outbid by the peels and OKC).We’re best building like Denver did, only stars will be homegrown.
Exactly. The prices have gone out of control.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/12/2019  5:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I know the knicks need to stop banking on FA and holding your cap space because clearly this is a players league.

That's some profound shyt you vomited. You came to that all by yourself?

We had melo. he did not bring anyone. Why was that? Some deformed Mecca thing? WE were not able to draft high enough, or frequent enough to get lucky enough.
KP was a regrettable circumstance. Realize your need to lay blame on it. I don't excuse it, but firing Mills won't change what happened. Your super time machine ignorant hindsight thing don't work outside your laughing in mirror thing.

Give you some real keen "Man in the High Castle" stuff: sometimes team do the right thing and the wrong outcome happens. KP. Problem is team sometimes do the wrong thing and it compounds. Marbury/Amare. Last time the franchise was prime to rebuild was pre Isiah and we were almost done cleaning ou out the Anderson/Eisley/Weatherspoon/etc etc quagmire. Layden or not, if we didn't let Isiah do that awful thing he did we might have had a shot. Then we unraveled that cluster phuch to get Lebron. That lead to Amare/Melo.

It don't matter whose fault it was cuz its done. can't say your ideas are valid cuz you really don't say anything. Just rainman ranting drunk uncle savant giggle vomit word salad.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2019  6:22 PM
Nalod wrote:

We had melo. he did not bring anyone. Why was that? Some deformed Mecca thing? WE were not able to draft high enough, or frequent enough to get lucky enough.
KP was a regrettable circumstance. Realize your need to lay blame on it. I don't excuse it, but firing Mills won't change what happened. Your super time machine ignorant hindsight thing don't work outside your laughing in mirror thing.

Give you some real keen "Man in the High Castle" stuff: sometimes team do the right thing and the wrong outcome happens. KP. Problem is team sometimes do the wrong thing and it compounds. Marbury/Amare. Last time the franchise was prime to rebuild was pre Isiah and we were almost done cleaning ou out the Anderson/Eisley/Weatherspoon/etc etc quagmire. Layden or not, if we didn't let Isiah do that awful thing he did we might have had a shot. Then we unraveled that cluster phuch to get Lebron. That lead to Amare/Melo.

It don't matter whose fault it was cuz its done. can't say your ideas are valid cuz you really don't say anything. Just rainman ranting drunk uncle savant giggle vomit word salad.

you are making Trump blush some place. If he could

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

7/12/2019  6:25 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

you are making Trump blush some place. If he could

Today he's smiling! Stock market broke an all time high!

jazz74
Member: #371
7/14/2019  2:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:There’s been so much star movement, I really don’t see any more stars becoming disgruntled in the near future. The other problem is that even if they do, the AD, Westbrook and PG trades have so hyper inflated the expected package, it’s just not worth it (and we can be easily outbid by the peels and OKC).We’re best building like Denver did, only stars will be homegrown.

everytime we say that there will be little player movement then a flurry of moves happen. I think we are at the era that it will constantly happen and movement is the norm.

OjilEye
Member: #3017
USA
7/14/2019  6:19 PM
What about Karl Anthony Towns? Timberwolves aren't winning anything for the next few years
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

7/14/2019  7:36 PM
OjilEye wrote:What about Karl Anthony Towns? Timberwolves aren't winning anything for the next few years

Doesn't that indicate that Towns isn't a superstar and not worth trading for? If you are a star player in your prime then you should be able to lead your team to the top half of your conference, or at the very least the playoffs. If you can't, well then, you are not a star.

He seems more like an Andrew Bynum type, with maybe a little better attitude.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/14/2019  7:39 PM
90sKnicks wrote:
OjilEye wrote:What about Karl Anthony Towns? Timberwolves aren't winning anything for the next few years

Doesn't that indicate that Towns isn't a superstar and not worth trading for? If you are a star player in your prime then you should be able to lead your team to the top half of your conference, or at the very least the playoffs. If you can't, well then, you are not a star.

So AD is not a superstar? According to your statement, AD falls in that same category during his time in NO, when he was the only star player.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/14/2019  8:11 PM
Giannis when the Sixers go to the Finals instead of him?
Knicks_Fan
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/14/2019  10:07 PM
Knicksfan wrote:Giannis when the Sixers go to the Finals instead of him?

More like Giannis when the Sixers win the championship.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/14/2019  10:34 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Giannis when the Sixers go to the Finals instead of him?

More like Giannis when the Sixers win the championship.

If that happens back to back (Raptors then Sixers) it could happen.

Knicks_Fan
OjilEye
Member: #3017
USA
7/14/2019  11:51 PM
blkexec wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:

So AD is not a superstar? According to your statement, AD falls in that same category during his time in NO, when he was the only star player.

Agree with this logic. Ok, KAT isn't likely a "Superstar" yet, but he's got a looong road and very cold winters ahead of him in Minnesota and as a top 20 guy, I can see him, to paraphrase OP's question, as the next star to demand to be traded. Not that I'd want to pay a king's ransom for him though... we gotta focus on getting to that 8th seed or more this year. If we do, it'll perk up a lot of star/superstar's eyes in the league

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/15/2019  4:32 AM
90sKnicks wrote:

I'm not a fan of Towns- didn't like the way he caved before Butler's onslaught- fair enough, I'd probably do the same, but he doesn't seem to have that champion mentality he needs to take the next step.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/15/2019  11:09 AM
smackeddog wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:

I'm not a fan of Towns- didn't like the way he caved before Butler's onslaught- fair enough, I'd probably do the same, but he doesn't seem to have that champion mentality he needs to take the next step.

might be youth. KAT is 23. Based on his age etc I would want nothing to do with the package it would take to get him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/16/2019  2:08 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
jazz74 wrote:wow in the past two years we have pg13, butler, kyrie, westbrook, leonard and kp traded. it seems like there are many disgruntled stars who want to leave their situations which is why teams are stockpiling assets to get ready for the next blockbuster trade. the question is who will be the next superstar to be traded? if Portland is knocked out in the first round next year I can see lillard getting traded.

Lilliard has listed NY as a potential trade destination in the past. Also, I've heard KAT mentioned in passing the past few months. Jimmy Butler is always a possible.

Rumor that won't die right now is Tilman Fertitta wants Harden gone now that Westbrook is in town.

From a marketing standpoint, WB is more valuable. Also apparently elements within the franchise are just weary of Harden ( He's high maintenance, even beyond the typical NBA star)

This may end up with Morey pulling a Brian Cashman and simply stalling his owner out of a nutty decision. Like the way Torre and Cash would misdirect Old Man Steinbrenner from dumb choices.

next disgruntled superstar traded?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy