[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Your starting 5 next year!!!update
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/15/2019  12:25 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/ccrpw9/just_found_this_interesting_comment_by_the_guy/
This was an interesting find.

To sum up:
The guy who's been recording Frank's workout videos say they just hired guys to work with Frank for the first time this summer.

There are many ways to look at this and spin it. Why didnt they do this earlier? However the positive spin is if they Knicks have done more to help Frank than they have in the past that can only be a good thing. Frank getting rotation minutes would be amazing.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2019  12:59 PM
fishmike wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/ccrpw9/just_found_this_interesting_comment_by_the_guy/

To sum up:
The guy who's been recording Frank's workout videos say they just hired guys to work with Frank for the first time this summer.

There are many ways to look at this and spin it. Why didnt they do this earlier? However the positive spin is if they Knicks have done more to help Frank than they have in the past that can only be a good thing. Frank getting rotation minutes would be amazing.

That is tough. He was hurt the summer of his rookie year and missed all of summer league. I don't remember if he stayed in NY that summer after SL. Last year he was with the Fiz kids in some workout pictures. I know Mike Miller was working with him in some of the videos posted. Frank is a high character kid with a great work ethic. He has always seemed slow and tentative. Not sure how you coach that out of a guy but he will definitely put in the work.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/15/2019  12:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2019  1:00 PM
I hope they keep Frank at pg -- whether starting or not; his biggest strength is guarding the point; his weakest is playing sg

I also hope they keep RJ at 2 -- again whether starting or not; he'll have a size advantage at 2 that he seems crafty enough to exploit.

I also think that if this team has any success it will be from depth more than a particular starting 5. I hope that they'll have a squad that will play as hard as it can for the full 48

(5)(5)
fishmike
USA
7/15/2019  1:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/ccrpw9/just_found_this_interesting_comment_by_the_guy/

To sum up:

That is tough. He was hurt the summer of his rookie year and missed all of summer league. I don't remember if he stayed in NY that summer after SL. Last year he was with the Fiz kids in some workout pictures. I know Mike Miller was working with him in some of the videos posted. Frank is a high character kid with a great work ethic. He has always seemed slow and tentative. Not sure how you coach that out of a guy but he will definitely put in the work.
I think the hope is maturity. Deferring to older players was ingrained in his culture and first role as a non-youth pro. If he can get right on offense he can play such a role for us.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/16/2019  10:09 AM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

To sum up:

I think the hope is maturity. Deferring to older players was ingrained in his culture and first role as a non-youth pro. If he can get right on offense he can play such a role for us.

I don’t know if he will ever develop a “bite your head off” mentality but I think this next season will certainly truly begin defining his character on the court. He has 2 starting guards to compete with. One of them is expected to break out (DSJ) and one of them is at least pretty decent with triple double capabilities. If he sees this as competition and this lights a fire under his ars then he has every ability to actually break out, especially since he has two seasons under his belt.

If it’s more of the same ol’ with him, then we can start considering him a bust. He absolutely HAS to become a lot more aggresive.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/16/2019  10:20 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

To sum up:

I don’t know if he will ever develop a “bite your head off” mentality but I think this next season will certainly truly begin defining his character on the court. He has 2 starting guards to compete with. One of them is expected to break out (DSJ) and one of them is at least pretty decent with triple double capabilities. If he sees this as competition and this lights a fire under his ars then he has every ability to actually break out, especially since he has two seasons under his belt.

If it’s more of the same ol’ with him, then we can start considering him a bust. He absolutely HAS to become a lot more aggresive.

3rd year is the last year for him to establish himself in NBA.
Or he will do just that or he is back to Europe where he will be very good player.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2019  10:46 AM
Crazy to think we can judge by workout videos. Measure a man's resolve? His soul?
Year three is his time. Berman had us thinking he'd be traded on draft night. Seems knicks have not given up on him.
This is his year to prove something. If not we'll let him walk. I think he sticks in the NBA on year to year deal(s) before he goes to Europe if he improves somewhat this year.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/16/2019  2:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2019  9:31 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

To sum up:

Its called the "IT" factor. Certain guys just have that endless confidence that they can do anything and are relentless. Frank will always be passive. Its too bad, because I think he is one of the most physically gifted guys we have. You give him DSJR confidence and you have a potential All Star. Maybe he puts ot together this year.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

7/16/2019  2:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2019  2:55 PM
jazz74 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jazz74 wrote:pg- dsj: hard to envision anyone else especially right now we gave up kp for him and he is working on his game. talent wise, he is better than payton even though payton is a better playmaker.

sg- barrett: unless his training camp is awful, he should start and probably be the second scoring option early in the year.

sf- morris: a LOT of money is going his way for him to be a starter. he is a good defender who can shoot threes and provide toughness which was lacking for YEARS! no one is flipping bottles on his watch. I HOPE this changes after all star break and knox play is good enough to be in the starting lineup.

pf- randle: least surprising since he is probably the most talented player we have. he will probably avg a double double and the only knick with a point avg in the 20s.

c- robinson: I think another sure thing in the starting lineup. he is a defensive anchor and he can lead the league in bpg.

6th man- trier: I think iso zo will beat out portis for the first off the bench.

PG- Smith and Payton at 50-50 for starting PG. Will pick Smith but depends on Pre season and camp.
SG- Bullock, if signed. If they feel Barrett is not ready (possibility) and the line up needs a pro shooter.
SF- Morris. Knox can learn by coming off the bench.
PF- Portis $15M starts
C- Randle

Back up
PG- Payton
SG- Barrett
SF- Knox
PF- Gibson
C- Robinson

Small lineup will have Trier in and Gibson out. Will be interesting to see how Fiz uses Frank, Dot, Iggy and Ellington.

the problem is that defense will be atrocious. robinson is a true anchor and needs to start.

After hearing about our new signing and walking med unit, I would like to update my starting 5:

PG Smith
SG RJ (Dot may shock)
SF Morris
PF Portis
C. Randle

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

7/16/2019  3:37 PM

To sum up:

Frank was a waste of a pick and shows nothing. They need to bite the bullet and release him!

blkexec
Member: #748
7/16/2019  4:20 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:

To sum up:

Frank was a waste of a pick and shows nothing. They need to bite the bullet and release him!

That's like throwing money away. Especially when he's posting these video's....It's only helping his stock rise. He's still a top 10 guard defender, on a team with mostly offensive players. As soon as our guards continue to get beat on defense, Frank will be called on.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

7/16/2019  11:58 PM
Chandler wrote:I hope they keep Frank at pg -- whether starting or not; his biggest strength is guarding the point; his weakest is playing sg

I also hope they keep RJ at 2 -- again whether starting or not; he'll have a size advantage at 2 that he seems crafty enough to exploit.

I also think that if this team has any success it will be from depth more than a particular starting 5. I hope that they'll have a squad that will play as hard as it can for the full 48

Playing Frank at the PG, with
Barrett SG
Morris SF
Randle PF
Mitch C

Will force Frank to grow up quick. The defense will be on point, and Morris, Randle and Barrett will be more than happy to take up the slack with extra offense.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
fishmike
USA
7/17/2019  11:08 AM
bigjeep8 wrote:

To sum up:

Do you follow the NBA?
HofstraBBall

7/17/2019  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2019  12:30 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:

To sum up:

Way Too early to do that. Knicks have 4.8m,6m,8m committed over next 3 years. With third being QO.
If he pans out this year that has value. Fact is, all you have to do is look at the three FAs we just added to give you an idea of how long it takes for new playera to put it together. In all three you see 3 to 5 years before they put up solid numbers. Frank is physically gifted and has talent.

However, getting closer to the day that summer videos wont be enough to save him from the Knicks giving up on him. Have a bet he turns it around this year though.

Your starting 5 next year!!!update

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy