[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Need a jump shooting point guard.
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
7/11/2019  8:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2019  8:57 PM
I am sure OKC would trade Chris Paul for the right deal...
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

7/11/2019  9:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Barrett is a point forward type who gets in the paint. Randle has point forward skills. Robinson occupies the paint. Backcourt needs to consist of high level shooters for balance.

Looking around the NBA the best bet in a shallow pool of options for this particular skill set who still has upside would be Monte Morris from Denver. He is a heady knock down jumper floor general type who would be absolute perfect fit. He is the perfect player for the makeup of the roster and core pieces moving forward.

The issue is, there is no real reason for Denver to outright give him up so he wouldn't be added through value meaning slight overpay. But IMO he is absolutely worth it to have him locked in. Would have to sacrifice Smith Jr to make it work though. I don't know if Denver would or would not value him due to the makeup of their team. If not he could be offered for something of value to in turn offer to Denver.

Morris shot 49%-41%-80% from the field and held a .151 WS48. His game and efficiency has translated nicely from college ball which he has put up the same level of efficiency all for 4 of college and his first 2 years of the NBA meaning his efficiency is legit. IMO he is that next Lowry and Dragic who go from backup roles to starting roles and become all star caliber guys.

Hindsight right now. Should have maybe targeted Brogdon instead of Payton and Bullock/Ellington as well. His game also fits exactly what we need at G right now. But Indy is also the better overall situation so would have been tough to beat them out.

Just play Barrett and Trier in the backcourt, Trier shoots 40% from 3

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/12/2019  1:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2019  1:05 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Barrett is a point forward type who gets in the paint. Randle has point forward skills. Robinson occupies the paint. Backcourt needs to consist of high level shooters for balance.

Looking around the NBA the best bet in a shallow pool of options for this particular skill set who still has upside would be Monte Morris from Denver. He is a heady knock down jumper floor general type who would be absolute perfect fit. He is the perfect player for the makeup of the roster and core pieces moving forward.

The issue is, there is no real reason for Denver to outright give him up so he wouldn't be added through value meaning slight overpay. But IMO he is absolutely worth it to have him locked in. Would have to sacrifice Smith Jr to make it work though. I don't know if Denver would or would not value him due to the makeup of their team. If not he could be offered for something of value to in turn offer to Denver.

Morris shot 49%-41%-80% from the field and held a .151 WS48. His game and efficiency has translated nicely from college ball which he has put up the same level of efficiency all for 4 of college and his first 2 years of the NBA meaning his efficiency is legit. IMO he is that next Lowry and Dragic who go from backup roles to starting roles and become all star caliber guys.

Hindsight right now. Should have maybe targeted Brogdon instead of Payton and Bullock/Ellington as well. His game also fits exactly what we need at G right now. But Indy is also the better overall situation so would have been tough to beat them out.

Until Trier shows he can share the rock, there are better options on the roster IMO.
Would rather have a more willing passer playing alongside Barrett.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/12/2019  8:53 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Until Trier shows he can share the rock, there are better options on the roster IMO.

I looked back at Trier's college #s and he has been consistently efficient which is a huge positive. But like you said until he is able to share that rock and fit in a team consept. He is nothing more than a spark plug type player off the bench.

While I named Monte Morris as a target. With OKC now landing Paul and having Shroader already on the roster. I wonder if we can make a play for SGA. I would offer Trier and a later round pick for him. Think it would make sense for OKC since Trier provides scoring prowess which they need to fill. And is more of a natural SG which is also a need offensively for them.

SGA just like Monte is an ideal fit for this roster. Headly efficient floor general type. But he provides great length as well. Adding him to the core in place would be a potential game changer for us.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2019  12:05 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I looked back at Trier's college #s and he has been consistently efficient which is a huge positive. But like you said until he is able to share that rock and fit in a team consept. He is nothing more than a spark plug type player off the bench.

While I named Monte Morris as a target. With OKC now landing Paul and having Shroader already on the roster. I wonder if we can make a play for SGA. I would offer Trier and a later round pick for him. Think it would make sense for OKC since Trier provides scoring prowess which they need to fill. And is more of a natural SG which is also a need offensively for them.

SGA just like Monte is an ideal fit for this roster. Headly efficient floor general type. But he provides great length as well. Adding him to the core in place would be a potential game changer for us.

SGA is obviously behind CP3/Dennis Schröder in the pecking order by why would OKC give up on SGA for the long term?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/12/2019  12:13 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

SGA is obviously behind CP3/Dennis Schröder in the pecking order by why would OKC give up on SGA for the long term?

I wouldn't be surprised if SGA leapfrogged Dennis at some point. I think OKC is trying to younger, not older. I don't see OKC moving SGA anytime soon.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/12/2019  1:02 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

They don't have any reason to give him away other than us offering them value thats appealing to them. I am hoping with Paul & Dennis on the books there is a shot at him. As they can instead of having SGA wait it out, they can forward him for a young plug and play SG and other assets.

I also think they will look to package some of those picks for for a stud forward to pair with Paul and Adams. They probably could have gotten a package of expirings(Jackson, Galloway) and assets(Sekou Doumbouya) future first from Detroit. The fact that they targeted Paul instead tells me they probably are looking to compete immediatly rather than long term rebuild.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/12/2019  1:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I think DSJ is going to develop a reliable JUMPER

I hope you are right but highly doubt it. Changing his shooting mechanics at this stage of his career is extremely hard.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/12/2019  1:30 PM
I still think Frank will get his done. Yup. Still a Frank fan.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/12/2019  2:47 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Id like to see Trier get some time to show he can as you said play in a team concept. Might be a late bloomer, so to speak, when it comes to sharing the rock. Oladipo took some time to develop more of a complete game. I could see Trier at least being someone you could start down the road. Id like to see one way or another if Trier can raise his game before exploring trades.

Even if he never becomes more than instant offense, Trier should have value in a deal. If he pans out, and it looks like there is a logjam, could get a very good player back.

Need a jump shooting point guard.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy