[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fred VanVleet
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2019  8:15 AM
Fred is the kind BENCH player contending teams need for obvious reasons. what was it, his wife had a kid and “he found his shot”?

The justification that “Rozier got paid, so should he” does not always stand. Two different scenarios and even if not, “two wrongs don’t make a right”. Charlotte needed to do something in a sign and trade.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/11/2019  10:03 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:VanVleet is an exceptional player, his market price is probably around 20mm/year. But no, I wouldn't sign him, you sign players like him when you are going for a chip that year.

That’s what I figured. 20 per year for an above average , non all star starting PG.

I am trying to figure out where your benchmark comes from.

Who in the league next year will make $20M as an above average, non all star PG?

And not for nothing but Fred is a not-proven starter at this point, right? I mean, he can fill in, and depending on matchups, he can even excel.

This is not 2016 where stupid contracts are given out to everyone. Unless you are Charlotte.

Cory Joseph just got 3 years $37M.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/11/2019  1:23 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:VanVleet is an exceptional player, his market price is probably around 20mm/year. But no, I wouldn't sign him, you sign players like him when you are going for a chip that year.

That’s what I figured. 20 per year for an above average , non all star starting PG.

Who in the league next year will make $20M as an above average, non all star PG?

And not for nothing but Fred is a not-proven starter at this point, right? I mean, he can fill in, and depending on matchups, he can even excel.

This is not 2016 where stupid contracts are given out to everyone. Unless you are Charlotte.

Rozier, Teague, dragic, Rubio I put in that category I guess. VanVleet is less proven of course, but younger and more in-demand skill set.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/11/2019  8:08 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Rozier, Teague, dragic, Rubio I put in that category I guess. VanVleet is less proven of course, but younger and more in-demand skill set.

2 of those guys (barely) are all stars and multi year starters. Rozier contract is an aberration. Rubio signed with Suns at less than $20m, multi year starter.

Bookmark this thread. No way VanVleet signs for anywhere near 20 per.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/11/2019  11:02 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

2 of those guys (barely) are all stars and multi year starters. Rozier contract is an aberration. Rubio signed with Suns at less than $20m, multi year starter.

Bookmark this thread. No way VanVleet signs for anywhere near 20 per.

It really depends on this season. If he takes a jump he will. If he stays somewhat stagnant he won’t.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/11/2019  11:06 PM
Every time I see Van Leet in a Raps uniform, from a distance he looks like Damon Stoudemire. Keep thinking Im having a flashback, lol. With Kwahi gone and the attention he demands, it will be interesting to see how Van Leet and the rest of the team responds.
Fred VanVleet

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy