The Devil is in the Details
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/10/2019  1:04 PM
New York Knicks skip postgame handshake after third straight Summer League loss

The New York Knicks on Tuesday fell to 0-3 in the NBA Summer League with a loss to the Toronto Raptors and it appears their frustrations overwhelmed them at the end of the game.

The Knicks decided to skip the postgame handshake line and walk directly into the locker room after the loss.

New York started off its Summer League with losses to the New Orleans Pelicans and the Phoenix Suns and the loss to the Raptors didn’t make things any better.

Star rookie R.J. Barrett had gotten off to a slow start for the Knicks. He scored 10 points on 4-of-18 shooting against the Pelicans and scored eight points on 3-of-15 shooting against the Suns.

His performance against the Raptors was better. He scored 17 points on 6-of-14 from the field.

However, the way the offseason has been going for the Knicks, Summer League losses only underscore how much frustration there has been with the franchise.

New York takes on the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday night.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/knicks-skip-postgame-handshake-nba-summer-league

Most will probably disregard this, but small details like this show the character of the team and the franchise. Not only does this says a lot, but this sets a terrible example considering the youth approach the team is going.

And this is mostly to the coaches and team representatives more than the players. Yes, they were immature, but there had to be a coaching presence here making sure the team acted right.

The kids have talent, but building character is what will make them someday be winners. This shouldn’t have been allowed and shows that whoever was there leading the kids was doing a terrible job.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/10/2019  1:28 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

The New York Knicks on Tuesday fell to 0-3 in the NBA Summer League with a loss to the Toronto Raptors and it appears their frustrations overwhelmed them at the end of the game.

The Knicks decided to skip the postgame handshake line and walk directly into the locker room after the loss.

New York started off its Summer League with losses to the New Orleans Pelicans and the Phoenix Suns and the loss to the Raptors didn’t make things any better.

Star rookie R.J. Barrett had gotten off to a slow start for the Knicks. He scored 10 points on 4-of-18 shooting against the Pelicans and scored eight points on 3-of-15 shooting against the Suns.

His performance against the Raptors was better. He scored 17 points on 6-of-14 from the field.

However, the way the offseason has been going for the Knicks, Summer League losses only underscore how much frustration there has been with the franchise.

Most will probably disregard this, but small details like this show the character of the team and the franchise. Not only does this says a lot, but this sets a terrible example considering the youth approach the team is going.

And this is mostly to the coaches and team representatives more than the players. Yes, they were immature, but there had to be a coaching presence here making sure the team acted right.

The kids have talent, but building character is what will make them someday be winners. This shouldn’t have been allowed and shows that whoever was there leading the kids was doing a terrible job.

Not everything’s a big deal

sealy
Member: #3291
USA
7/10/2019  1:56 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

Don't post a ton, but yeah this was pretty pathetic and Buechler should know better being part of a winning franchise as a player. Dudes need to own their stuff if they're going to grow the mental part of their game.

I think another issue, I'm sure many would disagree with, is I hope Mitch isn't getting a big head because he still feels like he has a ton of work to do.

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/10/2019  2:19 PM
Not a good look, unless something happened on the court that we are totally unaware of.

The coach has to step up and should have redirected them to shake hands immediately. An older player like Allen could have also gathered them and made them shake hands.

Losing, or feeling that you got jobbed by the refs should not make you act like this.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
smackeddog
7/10/2019  2:35 PM
I genuinely don’t care!
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/10/2019  5:20 PM
It was not a good look (for TV) but I suspect it was a brain fart. Some guy spaced and walked in the wrong direction and most of the guys followed like Lemmings/knuckleheads without thinking about it

Would also like to think that after realizing this they would have approached the Raptors and said no disrespect.

this was not a Pistons moment IMO

(5)(5)
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/10/2019  5:59 PM
they did it the 2nd game too nobody said anything
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/10/2019  6:03 PM
I could be mistaken but I thought I saw other teams skip the team wide after game handshake. If fact, I could have sworn before the game on Sunday, the teams that played before the Knicks did not shake hands in a line with the other team. They all just walked off. It is a big adieu about nothing and would not have even been mentioned if it were not the Knicks.
Trust the Process
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/10/2019  6:18 PM
shakegate
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/10/2019  6:56 PM
Maybe they were just tired and forgot
Sambakick
Member: #5646

7/10/2019  7:43 PM
Marv wrote:shakegate

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/10/2019  8:52 PM
Loser mentality
ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/10/2019  9:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Loser mentality

trollgate

chrismcnealy
Member: #5586

7/10/2019  9:42 PM
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/10/2019  9:55 PM
Marv wrote:

trollgate

(5)(5)
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/11/2019  5:38 AM
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:

trollgate

😂😂😂

Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
7/11/2019  11:08 AM
I wonder how the people complaining about this would of felt about some of the stuff Riley's Knicks did...
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

7/11/2019  11:58 AM
smackeddog wrote:I wonder how the people complaining about this would of felt about some of the stuff Riley's Knicks did...

i never had a problem with the 90s knicks. i loved the fact they were always ready to fight if need be. lol

smackeddog
7/11/2019  12:14 PM
knicks180nyc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I wonder how the people complaining about this would of felt about some of the stuff Riley's Knicks did...

i never had a problem with the 90s knicks. i loved the fact they were always ready to fight if need be. lol

I like this 'unsportsman like' stuff

The Devil is in the Details

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy