[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nobody Knows What The Knicks Are Doing And I’m Cool With That
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
7/10/2019  9:38 AM
KNox is 19. RJ is 19, Frank is 20. Smith and Mitch are 21. They are babies in the NBA.

We are seeeing why KD did not want NY and I have been saying since then. They are not ready even with KD/Kyrie to compete for a ring.

This desire to toss out the rebuild and get Beal or Westbrook is dumb. Let it gel. Let it take time. SL means NOTHING! There are still 2.5 months until pre season CAMP!!

IMpatience is why NY is where they are now.

The FO has done it right. Draft the best you can, get young talent and surround it with some Vets who can play, lead and teach.

This is a teaching and growing year for all those above and a few more.

WHen they struggle, then you will realize why Ellington, Taj, Portis, Randle and Payton are here. To lessen the pain of the sturggle to learn.

I hate bad basketball and last night was bad. Learn and grow.

AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/10/2019  9:53 AM
Thank you

GoNyGoNyGo wrote:KNox is 19. RJ is 19, Frank is 20. Smith and Mitch are 21. They are babies in the NBA.

We are seeeing why KD did not want NY and I have been saying since then. They are not ready even with KD/Kyrie to compete for a ring.

This desire to toss out the rebuild and get Beal or Westbrook is dumb. Let it gel. Let it take time. SL means NOTHING! There are still 2.5 months until pre season CAMP!!

The FO has done it right. Draft the best you can, get young talent and surround it with some Vets who can play, lead and teach.

WHen they struggle, then you will realize why Ellington, Taj, Portis, Randle and Payton are here. To lessen the pain of the sturggle to learn.

Summer League is glorified pickup ball. Despite MGM and ESPN have turned it into as much a spectacle as the home run hitting contest, it’s STILL the same chaos one would see on a public court in Harlem.

None of the teenagers will have developed “old man strength” until 2020 at the earliest. It is such an unfamiliar feeling to have multiple teens on the roster that it is a shock to the collective Knicks fans sense of well-being. It’s different.

Different is good.

once a knick always a knick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/10/2019  10:09 AM
misterearl wrote:Thank you

GoNyGoNyGo wrote:KNox is 19. RJ is 19, Frank is 20. Smith and Mitch are 21. They are babies in the NBA.

Summer League is glorified pickup ball. Despite MGM and ESPN have turned it into as much a spectacle as the home run hitting contest, it’s STILL the same chaos one would see on a public court in Harlem.

None of the teenagers will have developed “old man strength” until 2020 at the earliest. It is such an unfamiliar feeling to have multiple teens on the roster that it is a shock to the collective Knicks fans sense of well-being. It’s different.

Different is good.

So you think young players should get minutes handed to them, like they no longer have to earn those minutes.

The spurs, who have been known for having one of the best development process in the NBA, sent Louis Walker to the G - league Last yr, he only played a hand full of games in the NBA, he is lighting up SL.

How many G League games did frank, Mitch, trier, or knox..Nada, and they look every bit the part

ES
misterearl
USA
7/10/2019  10:57 AM
Read

knicks1248 wrote:

Different is good.

So you think young players should get minutes handed to them, like they no longer have to earn those minutes.

The spurs, who have been known for having one of the best development process in the NBA, sent Louis Walker to the G - league Last yr, he only played a hand full of games in the NBA, he is lighting up SL.

How many G League games did frank, Mitch, trier, or knox..Nada, and they look every bit the part

Perhaps, you missed the point of the original post. Let me explain.

The acquisition of potentially SEVEN veteran free agents means that minutes for the baby bulls will be so scarce that Barrett, Brazdeikis, Wooten, Knox, Robinson and Trier could be playing more frequently in White Plains than in Manhattan.

Fizdale could easily start ALL veterans and let the Yutes watch and learn.

This ain’t charity.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/10/2019  11:00 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Different is good.

Difference- Spurs were winning, we were losing. When you're losing you can afford to give young players minutes rather than send them to G league to get them. Walker had surgery, so it made sense to ease him back in via G league, rather than disrupt what the Spurs were doing.

Mitch and Trier were excellent success stories for development- now you're saying they should have been sent to G League instead. Bizarre. I'd rather Knox got his mins in the actual nba last season- not sure how sending him to G league would have been better.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/10/2019  11:00 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Different is good.

Spurs did in right way when they tanked hard for Dunkin while Robinson was hurt.
We are trying to do exactly what they did except instead of Admiral the Karma handed us Latvian Diva and instead of Zion we get Barret.
So suck it up and keep trying. There is no other way... as we learned last 20 years. But you didn't learn and doesn't looks you will.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/10/2019  11:05 AM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Different is good.

Difference- Spurs were winning, we were losing. When you're losing you can afford to give young players minutes rather than send them to G league to get them. Walker had surgery, so it made sense to ease him back in via G league, rather than disrupt what the Spurs were doing.

Mitch and Trier were excellent success stories for development- now you're saying they should have been sent to G League instead. Bizarre. I'd rather Knox got his mins in the actual nba last season- not sure how sending him to G league would have been better.

The only guy the g league argument fits for me is Frank but that would have been his rookie year with him running the point. i agree about Mitch, Trier and Knox.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
7/10/2019  11:11 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Different is good.

Spurs did in right way when they tanked hard for Dunkin while Robinson was hurt.
We are trying to do exactly what they did except instead of Admiral the Karma handed us Latvian Diva and instead of Zion we get Barret.
So suck it up and keep trying. There is no other way... as we learned last 20 years. But you didn't learn and doesn't looks you will.

you ask yourself when was the last time the spurs had a lottery pick,(20 yrs)but we have had 4 in 6 yrs, and not one is even close to duncan.

No Instead of POP and Riley, we got Phill and Mills..who are just as bad as our 18 yr old rookies

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/10/2019  11:37 AM
The stem of the problem is not the young players but your coach and NYK developmental staff. The players really need to get wise if they want to succeed in the NBA. You absolutely should avoid the NYK development staff.

Fizdale has failed the young players. The man is not coaching material man I’m turning blue in the face saying the same shyt again and again. Fire this FO ASAP and get new blood from top to bottom before it’s to damn late and all these young guys become marginal players. There is no FO accountability.

misterearl
USA
7/10/2019  11:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  11:45 AM
Vmart wrote:The stem of the problem is not the young players but your coach and NYK developmental staff. The players really need to get wise if they want to succeed in the NBA. You absolutely should avoid the NYK development staff.

Fizdale has failed the young players. The man is not coaching material man I’m turning blue in the face saying the same shyt again and again. Fire this FO ASAP and get new blood from top to bottom before it’s to damn late and all these young guys become marginal players. There is no FO accountability.

In three days, Scott Perry will have been here for only two years.

The preliminary results of the regime change from the MIA Phil Jackson will not be known for another season.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/10/2019  12:02 PM
misterearl wrote:
Vmart wrote:The stem of the problem is not the young players but your coach and NYK developmental staff. The players really need to get wise if they want to succeed in the NBA. You absolutely should avoid the NYK development staff.

The preliminary results of the regime change from the MIA Phil Jackson will not be known for another season.

I don’t see progress here and that is the deciding factor for me. I see player regression. I see retreads that teams have moved on from on one year deals as favors. I see very little of player development. I see alienation of what they consider not theirs. But long as you guys are okay with that. By December and January when shut hits the fan it will be another season of development down the drain.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2019  12:13 PM
Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

I don’t see progress here and that is the deciding factor for me. I see player regression. I see retreads that teams have moved on from on one year deals as favors. I see very little of player development. I see alienation of what they consider not theirs. But long as you guys are okay with that. By December and January when shut hits the fan it will be another season of development down the drain.

Wait, what has your timeframe been to evaluate progress? And who regressed?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Member: #748
7/10/2019  12:16 PM
Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

I dont think the house is on fire....but theres definitely some smoke. Is it as simple as havi g a lack of 2way players. And that's the reason for these vets we added, which appear to be mostly two players. I guess the hope is for them to rub off on the rooks and sophomores. Let's see how this is working by mid season. There should be some indication we are heading in the right direction. As far as development, Trier and Mitch are playing g like they did when they came into the league. Knox is still inconsistent and he knows thats what he should work on, according to reports I've read. Let's hope fitz can find the right recipe of vets and younguns to equal tough wins.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
misterearl
USA
7/10/2019  12:21 PM
Progress?

Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

What is this “progress” you speak of in July?

“How silly is that?

Now I know that Taj Gibson is supposed to lead by example and all that but I’m not shoving that aside like it don’t mean anything. I know it’s important, I honestly do but we’re talking about summer league. We’re talking about summer league man. We’re talking about summer league. We’re talking about summer league. We’re not talking about the game. We’re talking about summer league. When you come to Madison Square Garden, and you see Julius Randle, Bobby Portis, Marcus Morris or Elfrid Payton play, you’ve seen them play right, you’ve seen them give everything they’ve got, but we’re talking about summer league right now.”

martin
USA
7/10/2019  12:23 PM
misterearl wrote:Progress?

Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

What is this “progress” you speak of in July?

“How silly is that?

Now I know that Taj Gibson is supposed to lead by example and all that but I’m not shoving that aside like it don’t mean anything. I know it’s important, I honestly do but we’re talking about summer league. We’re talking about summer league man. We’re talking about summer league. We’re talking about summer league. We’re not talking about the game. We’re talking about summer league. When you come to Madison Square Garden, and you see Julius Randle, Bobby Portis, Marcus Morris or Elfrid Payton play, you’ve seen them play right, you’ve seen them give everything they’ve got, but we’re talking about summer league right now.”

knicks1248
7/10/2019  12:32 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Both KP and Frank regressed..

Knox went from Rookie of the month in december, to only making the rookie all star game by default in feb and didn't make a single NBA rookie team by april. Is that consider progress?

ES
martin
USA
7/10/2019  12:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Knox went from Rookie of the month in december, to only making the rookie all star game by default in feb and didn't make a single NBA rookie team by april. Is that consider progress?

You are trying to convince me that KP regressed?

Dude, there is a low IQ limit for these here parts and you are streaking right towards it. May have passed it a long time ago cause I really don't pay too much attention to your blather.

Come on bro, walk back to reality

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/10/2019  12:38 PM
Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

I don't agree with any of this but I am going to push back on alienation of anything that is not theirs. Guys left from Phil's reign of terror are Dot, Frank and possibly Lance. Dot spent most of his first year developing in Westchester and last year was a rotation player that showed mid to low end 3 and d potential despite playing the year with a torn labrum. Second round pick developed in g league becomes rotation player. That just doesn't fit your narrative. Lance was the team captain last year despite having limited abilities and reports are out there that the Knicks will bring him back if they have a roster spot. I don't see anyway Lance gets minutes on this year's team but management still would like to bring him back. Again this doesn't fit with your narrative. Perry came in after Frank was drafted. My guess is Frank would not have been his pick. However, Perry brought in a mentor point guard in Jack and Frank received 21 minutes a night playing the point no matter what. Frank did not play well and reports were out there that he had become tired from the minutes he was playing late in January. At some point during Frank's struggles, management realized he was not going to be a starting caliber point guard in the nba in the near future if ever. Mudiay and Burke were brought in to try to fill the need for a young, starting caliber point. The next year Frank was moved off the ball and labeled a versatile guy that could play multiple positions. Injuries and poor play made last season pretty disappointing. But injuries and poor play don't equal management alienating a player. Frank has not been very good in the nba. He has not come close to producing what the 8th pick in a draft should. If I talk nba with any of my friends that are not Knick fans they consider Frank a bust. I don't think the front office is there yet but Frank needs to show something. Alienating a player would not include having him workout with Mike Miller over the summer.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/10/2019  12:40 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Its VMart... he's recycling his last couple decades of misery.

Knicks have big problems. IS the FO addressing them?

We are devoid of high end talent. So they tanked last year for a high pick.
We dont have good prospects. So they have been pretty diligent in adding prospects from 2nd round and FA and finding guys with upside. Iggy, Dotson, Trier, Mitch etc..
We dont have veteran players the coaches can lean on or evaluate our young guys next to. So they added good shooters, a potential starter in Randle with upside and upgrade every position with a vet on a short deal.

I mean we can cry about Mill's role in all of this. Perry has replaced Phil. What did he inherit? What is the plan? What has he said? Has he followed through on what he's said?

Vmart didnt think we should sign Randle for $20mm+ when Luke Kornet is out there for 1/10th of the price. I guess you either give the new guy a couple years or you dont and decide to hold him accountable for the last guy how sat at the desk.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
7/10/2019  12:42 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
misterearl wrote:

You are trying to convince me that KP regressed?

Dude, there is a low IQ limit for these here parts and you are streaking right towards it. May have passed it a long time ago cause I really don't pay too much attention to your blather.

Come on bro, walk back to reality

I didn't make it up, I looked at his numbers, his shooting pct took a NOSE dive his last season with us, obviously his points when up, but he took hella more shots...

We all said he couldn't make it through a season without gasping for air by december every yr he was here, and his assist #s were brutal..

Where did you see progress?

ES
Nobody Knows What The Knicks Are Doing And I’m Cool With That

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy