[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nobody Knows What The Knicks Are Doing And I’m Cool With That
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
7/9/2019  8:43 PM
No matter your opinion of Scott Perry, the myth of players not wanting to come to The Garden was just confirmed with the signing of FIVE veteran free agents, with two more on the back burner.

ESPN Sources: The New York Knicks and free agent Reggie Bullock are re-working an original two-year, $21M deal, with both sides motivated to find an agreement with new terms. Agent David Bauman and the Knicks are re-evaluating Bullock’s fitness to play a full season in 2019-20.

The front office has loaded up with yutes, who will compete for the privilege of playing in Manhattan over White Plains. The shuttle bus driver will clock so many miles between Seventh and Central Avenues he will be able to retire early.

The basketball teenagers, listed last, will be playing without the label of “savior” or “franchise player” and that’s a good thing. Their cameo understudy minutes will be time to learn at their own pace, without the great expectations of carrying a franchise.

The veterans, listed first, are playing to extend their NYC contracts past two years. The good news is that should they learn to trust each other, things could get interesting by November.

A rough sketch that is always subject to change:

C: Bobby Portis, Mitchell Robinson, tbd
PF: Julius Randle, Maybe Marcus Morris, Taj Gibson, Kenny Wooten
SF: Reggie Bullock, Kevin Knox, Ignas Brazdeikis
SG: Wayne Ellington, Allonzo Trier, Damyean Dotson, R.J. Barrett
PG: Elfrid Payton, Dennis Smith Jr., Frank Ntilikina

Expect the unexpected.

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/9/2019  10:32 PM
If the Knicks sign Morris he likely starts at SF. He can shoot and defend wings no problem.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/9/2019  11:09 PM
Are ylu cool with how bad are young players looked in the summer league? Kevin Knox might be worst player in the league. We have had multiple rotation players playing these games and we are getting our asses kicked. I thought Frank couldn't dribble but Knox is even worse. I don't see how he becomes a useful player.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/9/2019  11:12 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Are ylu cool with how bad are young players looked in the summer league? Kevin Knox might be worst player in the league. We have had multiple rotation players playing these games and we are getting our asses kicked. I thought Frank couldn't dribble but Knox is even worse. I don't see how he becomes a useful player.
this post is hilarious
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/9/2019  11:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2019  11:25 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Are ylu cool with how bad are young players looked in the summer league? Kevin Knox might be worst player in the league. We have had multiple rotation players playing these games and we are getting our asses kicked. I thought Frank couldn't dribble but Knox is even worse. I don't see how he becomes a useful player.
Towelie says
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/9/2019  11:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2019  11:56 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Towelie says

Yes I do want to get high. We made 1 FG in the 2nd quarter tonight, 4 total in the 2nd and 3rd quarters combined. This is frickin embarrassing man. I want to believe we have some young talent but 1 FG. We went almost 12 minutes without a FG. We scored 24 points total in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.I can't take it anymore. I'm sick of bad basketball. How much more do we have to take? I miss the 90's, I miss LJ. At first I thought all the vet signings were going to stunt the young players growth but now I think that its a good idea. Maybe having all these vets around will force these guys to play the game the right way. Maybe Barrett and Knox don't play out of control. Its possible shot selection improves. Maybe the defensive intensity picks up. It can't get any worse right?
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/10/2019  12:03 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Towelie says

Yes I do want to get high. We made 1 FG in the 2nd quarter tonight, 4 total in the 2nd and 3rd quarters combined. This is frickin embarrassing man. I want to believe we have some young talent but 1 FG. We went almost 12 minutes without a FG. We scored 24 points total in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.I can't take it anymore. I'm sick of bad basketball. How much more do we have to take? I miss the 90's, I miss LJ. At first I thought all the vet signings were going to stunt the young players growth but now I think that its a good idea. Maybe having all these vets around will force these guys to play the game the right way. Maybe Barrett and Knox don't play out of control. Its possible shot selection improves. Maybe the defensive intensity picks up. It can't get any worse right?

If you have to get to the point of saying Kevin Knox is the worst player in the league...then yes for you it cant get worse. Are you just mad we didn't sign FAs...?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
blkexec
Member: #748
7/10/2019  12:15 AM
I was cool with it too....but now I think it's clear what the problem is with the FO. We need more diversity....and I'm not talking race. I think mills and Perry need to add some young creative strategies....for example, plan B shouldve been to seek out draft picks, while taking players other teams didnt want. Vs just stock piling vets and roll players on short salaries....they couldve done both.

After watching summer league I bet they are kicking themselves....thinking these youths will make a step forward this year. But I'm not sure these guys mix together well. Now they could be buried behind hungry vets we just added. Maybe that's what they need, including Knox. They all have loads of potential, but maybe this free willy....positionless style of play doesnt work for certain players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
misterearl
USA
7/10/2019  5:38 AM
The Answer Man Returns

Jmpasq wrote:Q. Are ylu cool with how bad are young players looked in the summer league? Kevin Knox might be worst player in the league. We have had multiple rotation players playing these games and we are getting our asses kicked. I thought Frank couldn't dribble but Knox is even worse. I don't see how he becomes a useful player.

A. Absolutely.
Evidently, in your haste to judge and hand out final grades you missed the ENTIRE point of the original post. Lemme put it another way... Given the prime years are between 24-27, how many years away is Knox, Barrett, Ntilikina, Robinson or Trier for that matter?

misterearl
USA
7/10/2019  5:41 AM

blkexec wrote:I was cool with it too....but now I think it's clear what the problem is with the FO. We need more diversity....and I'm not talking race. I think mills and Perry need to add some young creative strategies....for example, plan B shouldve been to seek out draft picks, while taking players other teams didnt want. Vs just stock piling vets and roll players on short salaries....they couldve done both.

After watching summer league I bet they are kicking themselves....thinking these youths will make a step forward this year. But I'm not sure these guys mix together well. Now they could be buried behind hungry vets we just added. Maybe that's what they need, including Knox. They all have loads of potential, but maybe this free willy....positionless style of play doesnt work for certain players.

The Knicks HAVE acquired extra draft picks.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/10/2019  7:01 AM
blkexec wrote:I was cool with it too....but now I think it's clear what the problem is with the FO. We need more diversity....and I'm not talking race. I think mills and Perry need to add some young creative strategies....for example, plan B shouldve been to seek out draft picks, while taking players other teams didnt want. Vs just stock piling vets and roll players on short salaries....they couldve done both.

Good points. One huge issue for me is a lot of our guys suck defensively and many of our FAs do too

So even if they switch you still have crappy D

I agree more creativity on offense is needed

I would also like to see some old school thinking which says you earn your minutes on the defensive end. That’s our biggest issue IMO. Poor defensive players not even providing effort. (Knox is exhibit A)

Having said that Iggy and RJ has bad/mediocre reps for D but I have been encouraged to see a few plays where they got after it

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/10/2019  7:02 AM
misterearl wrote:

The Knicks HAVE acquired extra draft picks.

He’s talking about absorbing contracts for picks.

(5)(5)
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/10/2019  8:13 AM
SL is pickup games not organized bbal.
Not sure how anyone can make any conclusions on anything from watching this.
Just shows what the young players state is.
And it is what it is - they are young players who have ways to go.
Nothing more nothing less.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/10/2019  8:18 AM
misterearl wrote:The Answer Man Returns

Jmpasq wrote:Q. Are ylu cool with how bad are young players looked in the summer league? Kevin Knox might be worst player in the league. We have had multiple rotation players playing these games and we are getting our asses kicked. I thought Frank couldn't dribble but Knox is even worse. I don't see how he becomes a useful player.

A. Absolutely.
Evidently, in your haste to judge and hand out final grades you missed the ENTIRE point of the original post. Lemme put it another way... Given the prime years are between 24-27, how many years away is Knox, Barrett, Ntilikina, Robinson or Trier for that matter?

Are you kidding me, the average NBA career is 4 to 5 yrs, and that's if your a really solid player....Lemme put it to you another way..50% of players won't last 5 yrs .. AS far as summer league, they are playing very similar to last yrs regular season, a bunch of Iso's, stupid passes, and knox is still a BLACK HOLE, that guy will not pass the ball....smh

ES
arkrud
USA
7/10/2019  8:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

A. Absolutely.

Are you kidding me, the average NBA career is 4 to 5 yrs, and that's if your a really solid player....Lemme put it to you another way..50% of players won't last 5 yrs .. AS far as summer league, they are playing very similar to last yrs regular season, a bunch of Iso's, stupid passes, and knox is still a BLACK HOLE, that guy will not pass the ball....smh

Solid players playing in NBA around 10 years.
Of course many will fall off.
Injuries, personal issues, talent level, character, various life consequences, intelligence, support system, etc.
There is no way we can find out without trying as many young talent as possible.
Some will be solid and stick around but most will be gone.
This is real life not computer game or reality show which you expect NBA to be.
You boxed yourself out in misery and hate box. Are you happy?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
7/10/2019  8:57 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A. Absolutely.

Injuries, personal issues, talent level, character, various life consequences, intelligence, support system, etc.
There is no way we can find out without trying as many young talent as possible.

Sounds like you wanna throw players on the wall and see if they stick...

That explains why we have an entire new roster every other yr,and zero stability, TOP FA look at us as a joke of a franchise..

Or are you still sipping Mills and Dolans KOOL AIDE about TOP FA wanting to come HERE..

ES
arkrud
USA
7/10/2019  9:02 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A. Absolutely.

That explains why we have an entire new roster every other yr,and zero stability, TOP FA look at us as a joke of a franchise..

Or are you still sipping Mills and Dolans KOOL AIDE about TOP FA wanting to come HERE..

This called team building and players development.
Knicks organization learning to do this after 20+ years of funk.
Everything people do is taking a lot of chances and making a lot of mistakes.
Only after going through this hard mental exercise anything great can be achieved.
And also remember the rule - "Don't show half made job to a fool".

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/10/2019  9:26 AM
misterearl wrote:No matter your opinion of Scott Perry, the myth of players not wanting to come to The Garden was just confirmed with the signing of FIVE veteran free agents, with two more on the back burner.

ESPN Sources: The New York Knicks and free agent Reggie Bullock are re-working an original two-year, $21M deal, with both sides motivated to find an agreement with new terms. Agent David Bauman and the Knicks are re-evaluating Bullock’s fitness to play a full season in 2019-20.

The front office has loaded up with yutes, who will compete for the privilege of playing in Manhattan over White Plains. The shuttle bus driver will clock so many miles between Seventh and Central Avenues he will be able to retire early.

The basketball teenagers, listed last, will be playing without the label of “savior” or “franchise player” and that’s a good thing. Their cameo understudy minutes will be time to learn at their own pace, without the great expectations of carrying a franchise.

The veterans, listed first, are playing to extend their NYC contracts past two years. The good news is that should they learn to trust each other, things could get interesting by November.

A rough sketch that is always subject to change:

C: Bobby Portis, Mitchell Robinson, tbd
PF: Julius Randle, Maybe Marcus Morris, Taj Gibson, Kenny Wooten
SF: Reggie Bullock, Kevin Knox, Ignas Brazdeikis
SG: Wayne Ellington, Allonzo Trier, Damyean Dotson, R.J. Barrett
PG: Elfrid Payton, Dennis Smith Jr., Frank Ntilikina

Expect the unexpected.

Wonderful post. This jives with the aplomb the front office received for their organizational processes since Perry arrived.

I was a bit surprised by Barrett’s bringing the ball up in Summer league and would love to see more of that. With LA penciling Lebron at PG, the PointForward model will get a bit more legitimacy. He reminds me a bit of Tracy McGrady. There has to be influence there.

Knox looked really collected and solid in Las Vegas. Feel like Zion woke him. Love that.

Robinson has me bouncing in my seat. He seems to effortlessly outwork folks. As the perimeter defense develops, I think his overall presence in the paint will be recognized on an All-NBA first team level, possibly DPOY. He’s got the tools and the brains. Love love love this kid.

Randle and Smith should schedule some workouts together. Just the two of them. The PG/PF dynamic is key to the success of an old school PF bruiser like Randle. Payton should help Randle get acclimated.

We don’t have to win it all this coming year. But I’d like to see this team really develop. Would love to see Robinson in an All Star game, Knox in the Sophomore squad and Barrett on the All-Rookie First Team.

20/10 from Randle would be amazing. Smith with 6+ assists on average would be great. Trier in the running for 6MoY would make me happy.

Portis getting 15+ techs for hard fouls protecting our yoots would be okay by me (If Mr. Dolan reconciled with Oakley and invited him to work with Portis, it would be a large step toward the institutional healing this organization needs. Bring the whole 1995 squad back for the 25th anniversary of that team. You can call it “Roll Off the Rim” night vs the Pacers. Own it.

This is the Randle.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/10/2019  9:28 AM

A. Absolutely.

Trier is almost 24 (23 and a third). Not surprisingly he is also further along than the rest. But I agree with you: Most players don't become stars/net positive players their rookie or even sophomore years.

knicks1248
7/10/2019  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  9:30 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A. Absolutely.

This called team building and players development.
Knicks organization learning to do this after 20+ years of funk.
Everything people do is taking a lot of chances and making a lot of mistakes.
Only after going through this hard mental exercise anything great can be achieved.
And also remember the rule - "Don't show half made job to a fool".

After 3 games in SL, knox is shooting a ghastly 35% on 37 shots, and has had just 1 assist in 3 games..is that what you called development...

Yesterday the commentator (the guy from NBA TV) stated Knox has more ISOLATION plays that any player in summer league thus far...wtf

And our coaching staff tells him to keep being aggressive, they dont tell him to take better shots, look for your teammates..no they tell him to keep shooting and being aggressive..

ES
Nobody Knows What The Knicks Are Doing And I’m Cool With That

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy