[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marcus Morris, anyone?
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
7/12/2019  7:59 AM
MOrris will help KNox a lot. Morris is a good player - he knows how to get his shot off and plays hard. Knox can learn many subtle things from Morris. 1 year is wise as Knox should be ready for big minutes next year. This year is about learning from all the youngins!
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
7/12/2019  8:28 AM
I was confused with this plan B off season, but then I realized theres no more tanking in the NBA with these new draft rules....,And the rooks last year or players in the past have paid for it by playing heavy minutes, thinking losing games and PT will help their development. But with high ticket sales, the knicks need to develop while having a playoff team.

This year, adding vets on short term contracts is a better development strategy than the past FO, and a good way to sneak into the playoffs, giving the youngins some playoff experience.....learning from Brooklyn and NO who got lucky with zion as a playoff team. This also keeps us flexible for mid season trades, since stars are switching zip codes, in the middle of their contracts. With the west so loaded, their will be some frustrated stars who will not make the playoffs, and demand a trade.

How does teams like Minnesota survive in the loaded west with Towns as their lone star, who happens to be from NY? This new strategy will also test Fitz. We need to know if hes the coach of the future. Last year was player development. This year will be a test for Fitz. Next year we can evaluate the FO and see if this plan B paid off.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/12/2019  8:38 AM
blkexec wrote:I was confused with this plan B off season, but then I realized theres no more tanking in the NBA with these new draft rules....,And the rooks last year or players in the past have paid for it by playing heavy minutes, thinking losing games and PT will help their development. But with high ticket sales, the knicks need to develop while having a playoff team.

This year, adding vets on short term contracts is a better development strategy than the past FO, and a good way to sneak into the playoffs, giving the youngins some playoff experience.....learning from Brooklyn and NO who got lucky with zion as a playoff team. This also keeps us flexible for mid season trades, since stars are switching zip codes, in the middle of their contracts. With the west so loaded, their will be some frustrated stars who will not make the playoffs, and demand a trade.

How does teams like Minnesota survive in the loaded west with Towns as their lone star, who happens to be from NY? This new strategy will also test Fitz. We need to know if hes the coach of the future. Last year was player development. This year will be a test for Fitz. Next year we can evaluate the FO and see if this plan B paid off.

They couldn't go into this yr with the same mind set as last yr, especially after striking out this off season, and the youngins showing very little to no progress...

I hope I'm wrong, but i believe fiz will be exposed this season. I mean I really like the guy, but i just dont think he's HEAD COACHING material

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/12/2019  8:44 AM
blkexec wrote:I was confused with this plan B off season, but then I realized theres no more tanking in the NBA with these new draft rules....,And the rooks last year or players in the past have paid for it by playing heavy minutes, thinking losing games and PT will help their development. But with high ticket sales, the knicks need to develop while having a playoff team.

Randle, Gibson, Portis were all understandable moves. Bullock, Ellington & Payton kind of had me scratching my head due to the log jam. But It all depends on the motive. If the Knicks FO are looking at it as Trier, Dotson, Frank, Barrett need to prove they are better than Bullock and Ellington when they were signed. Then I can get behind that. Frank & Dotson in their 3rd season and Trier after his high profile rookie season. If they are the real deal then they need to prove they can beat out the Bullocks and Ellington calibre players. Smith if he is the real deal needs to prove he can beat out Payton level player.

Only thing I don't really like though is the fit. Payton doesn't fit our roster with Smith. He can fit certain lineups though with shooters around him like Portis,Morris,Knox,Ellington combination.

Knicks def need to build to be a contender 3 years from now for post Kyrie-Durant timeline. Thats when the east will really be up for grabs. ATL is stacking the deck though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2019  11:51 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

They couldn't go into this yr with the same mind set as last yr, especially after striking out this off season, and the youngins showing very little to no progress...

I hope I'm wrong, but i believe fiz will be exposed this season. I mean I really like the guy, but i just dont think he's HEAD COACHING material

You are. About a lot of things.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/12/2019  12:05 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's true
SelltheteamDolan
Member: #8761

7/12/2019  12:21 PM
martin wrote:

Dolan on vacation?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2019  12:32 PM
SelltheteamDolan wrote:
martin wrote:

Dolan on vacation?

on tour with the band

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/12/2019  1:15 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Are you serious dude, funny how i predicted when Woodson, Fisher JH, PHIL was on the HOT seat months before they got fired..and that was your same response...IN TOTAL DENIAL, then when i come back and say I told you so..cricketts..

You act like I said I hope he gets Fired..

If you think FIZ is a great coach at least indicate what you saw that nobody else did...He got a pass in a tank season, now it's time for him to earn his $$

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/12/2019  1:18 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Are you serious dude, funny how i predicted when Woodson, Fisher JH, PHIL was on the HOT seat months before they got fired..and that was your same response...IN TOTAL DENIAL, then when i come back and say I told you so..cricketts..

If you think FIZ is a great coach at least indicate what you saw that nobody else did...He got a pass in a tank season, now it's time for him to earn his $$

I guess you really are RAINMAN
newyorknewyork
7/12/2019  1:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Where does this desperate desire to be validated stem from? You do know posters sense this and continue to mess with you for it.

If I posted to be right about the Knicks all the time. I would just claim every move is gonna fail as they happen. Odds are I would be right majority of the time. But most of us don't post with the goal of being right.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/12/2019  2:06 PM
I think the best case scenario is for Morris to get 18ppg for us and we flip him at the deadline. He should be able to net us a first and a prospect
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/12/2019  2:15 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I think the best case scenario is for Morris to get 18ppg for us and we flip him at the deadline. He should be able to net us a first and a prospect

If CP3 (with his absurd 40m+/yr x 3 contract at age 34!) can be traded, surely an expiring Morris deal can be trade fodder.

I think/hope Morris can do for Knox what Jordan seemed to do for Robinson - minimally, he can show him how to score a little more efficiently and make it as a combo forward.

By the numbers, Morris basically produced like Tatum's equal last year, exacerbating the Celtics' playing time woes.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
newyorknewyork
7/12/2019  2:19 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I think the best case scenario is for Morris to get 18ppg for us and we flip him at the deadline. He should be able to net us a first and a prospect

I don't know about first and a prospect. Would more likely be packaged with one or 2 of our prospects for an upgrade.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/12/2019  2:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

I don't know about first and a prospect. Would more likely be packaged with one or 2 of our prospects for an upgrade.

the theme of this offseason has basically been that everyone si willing to overpay because the league is wide open. I don't expect that to slow down over the year.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/13/2019  9:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2019  12:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Predicting knicks coaches don’t last is not really some Nostradamus like talent.
Everyone saw Woodson departure. Fish turbulence was a clear tell tail sign. JH was doomed when Phil was made gone. What made Phils departure unusual was the money aspect and centric on KP.
If you predict gloom and boast about accuracy its really not respected. If you take a good team and
outline why it will not succeed then your saying something. Take a bad team and outline why it wont succeed then you are adding insight as well. To take a team that struggles and say the coach will get canned is not a talent. Its inevitable.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/13/2019  11:20 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Predicting knicks coaches don’t last is not really some Nostradamus like talent.

The formula is literally: 2nd season = knicks coach on hot seat

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/13/2019  3:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The formula is literally: 2nd season = knicks coach on hot seat

Believe Fizdale will get one more year after this, as his first season was devoted to the tank. Unless Fizdale has problems with some vets again, or the young guys dont develop as expected, expect Fizdale to get 2 more seasons. Mainly because they dont want to scare off quality coaches if Fizdlale doesnt work out. The ones who care about more than a paycheck, want a fair chance to turn the team around. Cant do that if mgmt has an itchy trigger finger.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/13/2019  8:03 PM
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254877/Marcus-Morris-Nerlens-Noel-Fire-Rich-Paul-As-Agent
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/13/2019  8:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2019  8:04 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Marcus Morris, anyone?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy