[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marcus Morris, anyone?
Author Thread
KNICKSBIGCATS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3745

7/9/2019  6:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:First we had no depth at PF.
Now, if Morris is acquired, we'll have 4.
Either it gives the term position less basketball a new meaning,
or there's another move in the works for a SF.

For the last time! Bobby portis played stretch 5 for the wiz. Taj can play 4 and 5. Fiz loved it when the lakers played Randle at the 5. Marcus can play 3 and 4.

At SF we have Knox, Iggy, plus RJ can play there as can Frank and Dotson

I had alluded to those same thoughts in a previous post, smackee.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
AUTOADVERT
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/9/2019  6:04 PM
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/9/2019  6:32 PM
should've signed him in the beginning...do it
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/9/2019  7:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I like the message this sends to other players and agents. It goes a long way into building the Knicks rep as a close organization.

Yep, thats how you get FAs interested.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/9/2019  7:43 PM
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Weird move. I like Morris but now there is a glut of forwards.

What other deals have they not announced yet?
Is something else going on?

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Rj/trier/dotson/Ellington
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

If Bullock still comes that’s 16 ??!!

What is going on? Where is the youth movement?

At some point winning matters, or you enjoying are 17 win seasons..

Has to be a balance between young players and vets, and we are signing many vets in anticipation that they might not be with us next year, or we might trade them at the deadline because their contracts are trade friendly.

I hope the Knicks are not thinking like the Mets...that with a few tweaks we will be contender, when we really aren't ready.

I don't even know how you make that leap.

Pretty sure the Knicks will strive for playoffs and even that can be considered a big stretch. The East is weak, 6-8th seeds last year were barely over .500 and win or lose a few more games and you are in the lottery.

Toronto is less dominant and an injury to a few guys who are injury prone - Kyrie - and there are a lot more space in the 6-10th spots in the East.

I just think the knicks want to make the playoffs, and Fiz is going to be more motivated to play vets like most coaches would. Mitch basically got minutes in a TANK season with no other Center on the roster that could remotely defend.

I definitely think they will start with a more veteran line up and see how that goes.

ES
KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

7/9/2019  7:44 PM
Marc Berman: Agent David Bauman tells The Post “we are working toward a deal”, Knicks won’t back out from Bullock and calls Steve Mills and Scott Perry “mensches.” – via Twitter NYPost_Berman
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/9/2019  8:17 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:hopefully this comes to be because Morris would be our second best addition

He is good but makes Taj really pointless

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/9/2019  8:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:

Mitch made quite the impression when he got him thrown out last year in pre-season.

That was Markief Morris

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/9/2019  8:28 PM
the ****ing morrises?? whoa even their own dad said while they were growing up he assumed they were both retarded.
Jmpasq

7/9/2019  8:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

Has to be a balance between young players and vets, and we are signing many vets in anticipation that they might not be with us next year, or we might trade them at the deadline because their contracts are trade friendly.

I hope the Knicks are not thinking like the Mets...that with a few tweaks we will be contender, when we really aren't ready.

Pretty sure the Knicks will strive for playoffs and even that can be considered a big stretch. The East is weak, 6-8th seeds last year were barely over .500 and win or lose a few more games and you are in the lottery.

Toronto is less dominant and an injury to a few guys who are injury prone - Kyrie - and there are a lot more space in the 6-10th spots in the East.

I just think the knicks want to make the playoffs, and Fiz is going to be more motivated to play vets like most coaches would. Mitch basically got minutes in a TANK season with no other Center on the roster that could remotely defend.

I definitely think they will start with a more veteran line up and see how that goes.

SO we should play Mitch less? Maybe we trade him for a bag of chips this off-season if he never played. I don't mid having some vets around but it would be dumb as hell to stunt their growth

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/9/2019  9:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  12:21 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

SO we should play Mitch less? Maybe we trade him for a bag of chips this off-season if he never played. I don't mid having some vets around but it would be dumb as hell to stunt their growth

The worst thing, for me, would be to have a losing record, but be in the hunt for #8, play the vets we've picked up 33-35 MPG, don't make the playoffs, and then find out our so called future was getting intermittent minutes, with many of them coming during garbage time, and then, when they are not ready next year, hear the excuse,"well we were in a playoff run, that was more important than developing our younger players, they will have their time at some point."

This, by the way, is why putzing around last year...letting people play ISO ball and not installing some kind of identifiable system and a sense of how Fizdale wants to run an offense, was a mistake. At least the younger players from last year would have had a small advantage this year.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/9/2019  11:59 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

The worst thing, for me, would be to have a losing record, but be in the hunt for #8, play the vets we've picked up 33-35 MPG, don't make the playoffs, and then find out that our so called future was getting intermittent minutes, with many of them coming during garbage time, and then, when they are not ready next year, here the excuse,"well we were in a playoff run, that was more important than developing our younger players, they will have their time at some point."

This, by the way, is why putzing around last year...letting people play ISO ball and not installing some kind of identifiable system and a sense of how Fizdale wants to run an offense, was a mistake. At least the younger players from last year would have had a small advantage this year.

Agreed back to old days when Jimmy guitar took over the team.. just good enough to make the 7th or 8th seed then get swept in 1st round.

Jmpasq

7/10/2019  12:00 AM
CleaverGreene wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

The worst thing, for me, would be to have a losing record, but be in the hunt for #8, play the vets we've picked up 33-35 MPG, don't make the playoffs, and then find out that our so called future was getting intermittent minutes, with many of them coming during garbage time, and then, when they are not ready next year, here the excuse,"well we were in a playoff run, that was more important than developing our younger players, they will have their time at some point."

Look if the vets can keep the young players accountable for poor shot selection, lack of defensive intensity, and not looking for the open man than fine. Fizdale has a tough job to do this year. Ideally the young guys just beat them out.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2019  12:09 AM
Goodness gracious thank god he split that evil into two embryos! One of them would have been a handful!
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/10/2019  3:31 AM
dwiley20 wrote:should've signed him in the beginning...do it

I think we wanted to, but he thought the market for him would be bigger so he held out and it didn't work out the way he thought.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/10/2019  6:13 AM
MX25 wrote:Morris will use Knicks for 1 year to try and avg 20 a game to get big contract next off season so he may help knicks lose more games.

If Morris tries to average 20 we go to the eastern conference finals. He doesn't have to though. He just has to do what he's been doing the last few years. That's all any if these guys have to do. Randle 20, Morris 14, Portis 14, DSJ 14... anything else is cake.

Randle, Morris and Portis collectively are mobile enough to shoot the three and string enough to control the boards every night.

This is a playoff team fellas. It will be a bad if we don't. We have the talent

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2019  7:41 AM
From 17 to 41 wins would be great. Not sure the arbitrary goal of playoffs.
Knicks in my book are an expansion team but with a good core developing.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/10/2019  8:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  8:14 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

Look if the vets can keep the young players accountable for poor shot selection, lack of defensive intensity, and not looking for the open man than fine. Fizdale has a tough job to do this year. Ideally the young guys just beat them out.

In case some have not noticed..the decision to try to compete with some experienced players was made first week in July. Yes its not the lets let first and second year guys learn on the fly and get us a lottery pick plan but watching SL play, that might not be such a bad decision.

Keep in mind the players we signed cant play all the minutes. They need back ups. I remember the days when 1st and second year guys had to earn those minutes. That did not seem to stun anyone's growth. Btw, that was with rookies who had played 4 full years of college ball.

Morris is a good player. He would be a welcomed addition.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/10/2019  8:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  8:30 AM
TLover wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

Agreed back to old days when Jimmy guitar took over the team.. just good enough to make the 7th or 8th seed then get swept in 1st round.

Like the Nets and Clippers did last season, that's why both franchises killed it this off season hauling the BEST FA and the knicks were left scraps...

You think your going to get different results doing the same thing....cmon now.

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/10/2019  10:02 AM
Nalod wrote:From 17 to 41 wins would be great. Not sure the arbitrary goal of playoffs.
Knicks in my book are an expansion team but with a good core developing.

damn - I'm completely shocked you didn't get attacked for saying that. I guess there's still time. That said, I completely agree. There is no high end talent on the Knicks just yet. Maybe in a couple seasons but as of now, the Knicks winning games will have more to do if the other team's stars have an off night or not.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Marcus Morris, anyone?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy