[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marcus Morris, anyone?
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/9/2019  5:26 PM
I wonder if Randle starts at the 5 with Morris at the 4.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/9/2019  5:28 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:hopefully this comes to be because Morris would be our second best addition

He would've been if we didn't sign Portis and Randle. We need an experies 3/4 with consistent three point range. Morris is a 4/3.

Portis played 5 for the wiz, I think we envisage him as a stretch 5

Portis is a 5/4. Randle is considered a 4/5. Morris isn't really a FT wing at this point from what I saw in Boston. I still see a logjam.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

7/9/2019  5:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2019  5:30 PM
It's all about the money, man.
But this guy is blue collar and tough.
Can be vocal at times and is a leader.

This past season with the Boston Celtics, Morris averaged 13.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.5 assists while shooting 44.7 percent from the field, 37.5 percent from beyond the arc, and 84.4 percent from the free-throw line.

Sign me up.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/9/2019  5:37 PM
surly miserable player!
But we'll love him!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/9/2019  5:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:hopefully this comes to be because Morris would be our second best addition

Easily..but that leaves very little minutes for mitch

Please tell us how that even makes sense

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
7/9/2019  5:45 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Knicks are renovating Bullocks deal.

What are we trying to do, now?

Are we rebuilding with youth, or looking to reach the playoffs? Can we actually do both?

If it's another 2 year/2nd year team option deal, we will actually have some pretty solid trading chips at some point, or Perry, Mills, and Fizdale looking to keep them.

Morris boys are tough players...good to have in the trenches, but why would he want to come here?

I think ideally you would do both.

Hard to do, I think, and a coach trying to reach the playoffs is not going to be as cuddly and warm with younger players and tolerant of mistakes if they are fighting for an 8th seed.

You want younger players to not worry as much about getting pulled out for a mistake.

That's the norm.

You also want players who can provide some normalcy on the court - i.e. knowing what they should be doing. Experience helps.

Coach needs to figure out the balance.

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/9/2019  5:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Weird move. I like Morris but now there is a glut of forwards.

What other deals have they not announced yet?
Is something else going on?

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Rj/trier/dotson/Ellington
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

If Bullock still comes that’s 16 ??!!

What is going on? Where is the youth movement?

At some point winning matters, or you enjoying are 17 win seasons..

Has to be a balance between young players and vets, and we are signing many vets in anticipation that they might not be with us next year, or we might trade them at the deadline because their contracts are trade friendly.

I hope the Knicks are not thinking like the Mets...that with a few tweaks we will be contender, when we really aren't ready.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/9/2019  5:48 PM
Marcus walking away from the spurs deal would be cold blooded:

To use the full $9.3 million midlevel exception on Morris, the Spurs traded forward Davis Bertans to the Washington Wizards and reworked an original two-year, $13M agreement with DeMarre Carroll to make it a three-year, $21 million contract.

If Morris backs out of a Spurs deal, there will be some roster carnage left in his wake.

I think in the end he’ll stick with them after this wobble

KNICKSBIGCATS

7/9/2019  5:49 PM
First we had no depth at PF.
Now, if Morris is acquired, we'll have 4.
Either it gives the term position less basketball a new meaning,
or there's another move in the works for a SF.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/9/2019  5:49 PM
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Knicks are renovating Bullocks deal.

What are we trying to do, now?

Are we rebuilding with youth, or looking to reach the playoffs? Can we actually do both?

If it's another 2 year/2nd year team option deal, we will actually have some pretty solid trading chips at some point, or Perry, Mills, and Fizdale looking to keep them.

Morris boys are tough players...good to have in the trenches, but why would he want to come here?

I think ideally you would do both.

Hard to do, I think, and a coach trying to reach the playoffs is not going to be as cuddly and warm with younger players and tolerant of mistakes if they are fighting for an 8th seed.

You want younger players to not worry as much about getting pulled out for a mistake.

That's the norm.

You also want players who can provide some normalcy on the court - i.e. knowing what they should be doing. Experience helps.

Coach needs to figure out the balance.

We will see...I understand the veteran leadership angle, but I can see Fizdale giving the younger players much less time, with less concern for their development.
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
martin
USA
7/9/2019  5:50 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

Has to be a balance between young players and vets, and we are signing many vets in anticipation that they might not be with us next year, or we might trade them at the deadline because their contracts are trade friendly.

I hope the Knicks are not thinking like the Mets...that with a few tweaks we will be contender, when we really aren't ready.

I don't even know how you make that leap.

Pretty sure the Knicks will strive for playoffs and even that can be considered a big stretch. The East is weak, 6-8th seeds last year were barely over .500 and win or lose a few more games and you are in the lottery.

Toronto is less dominant and an injury to a few guys who are injury prone - Kyrie - and there are a lot more space in the 6-10th spots in the East.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/9/2019  5:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:Marcus walking away from the spurs deal would be cold blooded:

To use the full $9.3 million midlevel exception on Morris, the Spurs traded forward Davis Bertans to the Washington Wizards and reworked an original two-year, $13M agreement with DeMarre Carroll to make it a three-year, $21 million contract.

If Morris backs out of a Spurs deal, there will be some roster carnage left in his wake.

I think in the end he’ll stick with them after this wobble

Worse than when Boozer lied to the blind old owner of the Cavs.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KNICKSBIGCATS

7/9/2019  5:54 PM
If Iggy is the real deal, he can play at SF with Knox
and Morris can be a swing forward.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/9/2019  5:55 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

I Don’t enjoy 17 win seasons but I like building a team. young players need leadership and good examples. NY has that now. Mitch, Knox, RJ, Dan, Trier, Dotson And Frank need to play if they are part of the future. Guys on 1 year deals should not take their time. Obviously Mitch, Knox, RJ and DSJr are the top 4 of the young guys.

Balance is good for sure. I hope Fiz can make it work!!!

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
7/9/2019  5:56 PM
If Morris sticks with SA and we revamp Bullock's deal... should we look at any of the remaining unsigned free agents? K.Farried also plays hard, Justin Holiday did a tour with the Knicks a few years back and could shoot...Shumphert, Lance Stephenson, etc...

I personally think we have enough vets and would prefer to keep a roster spot to allow another young talented player get called up sometime in the season. Or maybe another quality player demands a trade...

smackeddog
7/9/2019  5:57 PM
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:First we had no depth at PF.
Now, if Morris is acquired, we'll have 4.
Either it gives the term position less basketball a new meaning,
or there's another move in the works for a SF.

For the last time! Bobby portis played stretch 5 for the wiz. Taj can play 4 and 5. Fiz loved it when the lakers played Randle at the 5. Marcus can play 3 and 4.

At SF we have Knox, Iggy, plus RJ can play there as can Frank and Dotson

KNICKSBIGCATS

7/9/2019  5:57 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Robinson/portis
Randle/Gibson
Knox/Morris/iggy
Payton/Dsjr/frank/Allen

I Don’t enjoy 17 win seasons but I like building a team. young players need leadership and good examples. NY has that now. Mitch, Knox, RJ, Dan, Trier, Dotson And Frank need to play if they are part of the future. Guys on 1 year deals should not take their time. Obviously Mitch, Knox, RJ and DSJr are the top 4 of the young guys.

Balance is good for sure. I hope Fiz can make it work!!!

But.....you forgot IGGY!!!!!!!!

smackeddog
7/9/2019  5:58 PM
jskinny35 wrote:If Morris sticks with SA and we revamp Bullock's deal... should we look at any of the remaining unsigned free agents? K.Farried also plays hard, Justin Holiday did a tour with the Knicks a few years back and could shoot...Shumphert, Lance Stephenson, etc...

I personally think we have enough vets and would prefer to keep a roster spot to allow another young talented player get called up sometime in the season. Or maybe another quality player demands a trade...

There’s no worthwhile FA for 15mil left, so I’d rather see if there are any trade options- say maybe help OKC out if they trade Russel, or just get rid of Roberson, as they want to reduce salary and have a tonne of firsts they might part with.

MS
Member: #724
7/9/2019  5:59 PM
What the **** are they doing!!!!!!

We need minutes for Mitch, Knox, Randle in our frontcourt. We just signed Portis and Gibson. How many marginal guys can we sign in one offseason.

He's got a huge ego and is going to want big minutes.

MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/9/2019  5:59 PM
Morris will use Knicks for 1 year to try and avg 20 a game to get big contract next off season so he may help knicks lose more games.
Marcus Morris, anyone?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy