[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2 Round steal
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/8/2019  8:45 AM
Just saying, Barrett was the only player out there getting doubled until they trapped with like 1 min on the clock. Kid missed some bad shots, forced it a bit. But had some real presence and collapsed the floor with his left handed ness. I’m saying wait for the “click”, the moment where he sees what is going on out there and it just clicks. If he puts the work in he can be great.
This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
7/8/2019  8:51 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
anrst wrote:If the draft was held today is RJ a lotto pick?

Yes....for the same reasons he was selected 3rd. If he played for a different school, and put up those numbers, without zion over shadowing him, he might have went #1.

2 games of summer league dosnt erase his entire college career and stats at duke. Smh

Exactly. We all know there are things that he needs to work on but its unfair to take these two games and say "he isnt a lotto pick". I mean we have seen many top picks struggle in SL and ended up just fine.

His 'entire college career' was one season. During that time, his outside shooting and his defense weren't anything to brag about. I'm not ready to give up on the guy, but I'm not and was never excited about drafting him. I think that Iggy will prove to be the better player just as Mitchell is looking like a better player than Knox. And this isn't based on two games, but on their one year college careers.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2019  8:55 AM
Fell asleep. Whole thing looked like a mess out there. Two games and all teams looked bad.
To label anyone a bust is comical. Same as the hype last summer when we fitted Knox for his HOF jacket.
I guess nobody fouls out cuz Mitch looked like he just wants to block everything. Knox stroke looks nice.
Braz looked good at times, and bad others.
Its summer league. I’m mad I even watched what I did.
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/8/2019  10:08 AM
Ira wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
anrst wrote:If the draft was held today is RJ a lotto pick?

Yes....for the same reasons he was selected 3rd. If he played for a different school, and put up those numbers, without zion over shadowing him, he might have went #1.

2 games of summer league dosnt erase his entire college career and stats at duke. Smh

Exactly. We all know there are things that he needs to work on but its unfair to take these two games and say "he isnt a lotto pick". I mean we have seen many top picks struggle in SL and ended up just fine.

His 'entire college career' was one season. During that time, his outside shooting and his defense weren't anything to brag about. I'm not ready to give up on the guy, but I'm not and was never excited about drafting him. I think that Iggy will prove to be the better player just as Mitchell is looking like a better player than Knox. And this isn't based on two games, but on their one year college careers.

Who would you have drafted instead? Please give us a name so that we can either praise you or hold you accountable a couple of years from now.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/8/2019  11:07 AM
I'm not sure man will know who this is but S.Marciulionis is who the announcers compared Iggy to last night.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sarunas+marciulionis+nba&&view=detail&mid=1EB23A523C08533B072D1EB23A523C08533B072D&&FORM=VRDGAR

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/8/2019  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2019  11:11 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:I'm not sure man will know who this is but S.Marciulionis is who the announcers compared Iggy to last night.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sarunas+marciulionis+nba&&view=detail&mid=1EB23A523C08533B072D1EB23A523C08533B072D&&FORM=VRDGAR

First European player, at least in the modern era, I believe. He was tough as nails, why he got picked over some other European players at the time. Sarunas and Drazen Petrovic changed fans minds about European players, who were seen as soft at the time.

NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

7/8/2019  12:59 PM
Iggy looks like the real deal. As many have said, we expect this play from him but our worries are all on the defensive end. Let's see how that ends up.
Looks like a later first round pick, but I can understand him sliding due to his defensive deficiencies.
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/8/2019  1:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2019  2:15 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:I'm not sure man will know who this is but S.Marciulionis is who the announcers compared Iggy to last night.

I might go with Chris Mullin, who played with Marciulionis.

Mullin was supposedly a better shooter, but still finished with only 38% from deep for his career. Iggy is a better athlete, and will be a better rebounder with the same minutes as Mullin, but both of them were crafty lefties.

Iggy is a baller, pure and simple...

I wish he could lend some of his confidence to people like Barrett, Frank, and Knox, but he also seems to have basketball smarts.

One thing which makes him interesting, is that even though he can be aggressive looking for his shot, he also moves without the ball, and can be a spot up shooter.

I hope Fizdale utilizes the full package.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/8/2019  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2019  1:52 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:

Mullin was supposedly a better shooter, but still finished with only 38% from deep for his career. Iggy is a better athlete, and will be a better rebounder with the same minutes as Mullin, but both of them were crafty lefties.

I wish he could lend some of his confidence to people like Barrett, Frank, and Knox, but he also seems to have basketball smarts.

One thing which makes him interesting, is that even though he can be aggressive looking for his shot, he also moves without the ball, and be a spot up shooter.

Three things about Mullin: 1) his shooting percentages got steadily better from the beginning of his career 2) Usage played a big part. When he was at the tail end of his career and required to do less, he was hitting at around 40 percent from three. 3) Mullin played out of position for most of his time with the GSW. He was a 2 who was forced to play 3 because of Richmond and Nelson's small ball proclivities. There is no doubt that Mullin was one of the best shooters of his time.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JesseDark
Member: #467
7/8/2019  2:04 PM
Iggy reminds me of Thunder Dan Marjle.
Bring back dee-fense
BigDaddyG

7/8/2019  2:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:

One thing which makes him interesting, is that even though he can be aggressive looking for his shot, he also moves without the ball, and be a spot up shooter.

Three things about Mullin: 1) his shooting percentages got steadily better from the beginning of his career 2) Usage played a big part. When he was at the tail end of his career and required to do less, he was hitting at around 40 percent from three. 3) Mullin played out of position for most of his time with the GSW. He was a 2 who was forced to play 3 because of Richmond and Nelson's small ball proclivities. There is no doubt that Mullin was one of the best shooters of his time.

He's about 50 in these videos

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/8/2019  2:15 PM
oh man we're comparing iggy with mullin? and marciulionis with mullin? sarunas was terrific and a lot of fun to watch but in his wildest dreams was he in mullin's category, a 1st-team all-nba, twice a 2nd-team all-nba and a 3rd-team all-nba. in his 20's he was as good a player as there was in the league. he stuck around till his late-30's and was pretty diminished in his later years.
CleaverGreene

7/8/2019  2:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:

Not sure Mullin was quick enough to play SG on the defensive end, he had to be a SF. I think his shooting would have suffered a bit if he had to chase quicker SGs around.

Always wanted the Knicks to pick him up, and give him a chance to play at home.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
BigDaddyG

7/8/2019  2:24 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:

Not sure Mullin was quick enough to play SG on the defensive end, he had to be a SF. I think his shooting would have suffered a bit if he had to chase quicker SGs around.

Always wanted the Knicks to pick him up, and give him a chance to play at home.

I'd go the other way and say his shooting might've been better because he had less size guarding him.
Nalod
USA
7/8/2019  2:42 PM
Iggy is:
Kiki Vandeweghe?...
Mullin?
Lampe?
Gondo? (RIP!)
Bird?

Its summer league folks.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/8/2019  2:46 PM
Nalod wrote:Iggy is:
Kiki Vandeweghe?...
Mullin?
Lampe?
Gondo? (RIP!)
Bird?

Its summer league folks.

just as long as he isn't . . .

Nalod
USA
7/8/2019  2:50 PM
Marv wrote:
Kiki Vandeweghe?...
Mullin?
Lampe?
Gondo? (RIP!)
Bird?

Its summer league folks.

And folks ask me why I don't follow the Hornets/Bobcats/Hornets?
Cody Zeller? Frank the Tank? JR Reid........Adam Freaking Morrison!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

The did have Mourning and LJ. That was a special duo. Mourning got his money but really Heat over paid for years.
Kept LJ and his back got him. Tragic franchise!!
Me, Im a KNICK guy!!!! If im going to suffer, I go BIG!!!

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/8/2019  3:12 PM
he's more like dwayne wade than any of those white guys
CleaverGreene

7/8/2019  3:25 PM
Marv wrote:oh man we're comparing iggy with mullin? and marciulionis with mullin? sarunas was terrific and a lot of fun to watch but in his wildest dreams was he in mullin's category, a 1st-team all-nba, twice a 2nd-team all-nba and a 3rd-team all-nba. in his 20's he was as good a player as there was in the league. he stuck around till his late-30's and was pretty diminished in his later years.

Heck...why not. I'm hoping, of course.

Remember, Mullin also got to play 4 seasons at SJU, and was 22 when he came up.

If you look at his shooting, by the way, he wasn't the great 3pt shooter we think of him as until he was 29!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/8/2019  5:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:
Kiki Vandeweghe?...
Mullin?
Lampe?
Gondo? (RIP!)
Bird?

Its summer league folks.

And folks ask me why I don't follow the Hornets/Bobcats/Hornets?
Cody Zeller? Frank the Tank? JR Reid........Adam Freaking Morrison!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

The did have Mourning and LJ. That was a special duo. Mourning got his money but really Heat over paid for years.
Kept LJ and his back got him. Tragic franchise!!
Me, Im a KNICK guy!!!! If im going to suffer, I go BIG!!!

Add Rozier and his insane contract to that list

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
2 Round steal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy