[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dear Scott......IF Sam calls
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/6/2019  2:57 AM
Just hang up. Take the phone from Dolan and hide it. Don’t trade anything for WestBrook.
It will end ugly for us. Let him go to Miami.

Keep the Mav’s pick. Nobody went there.

AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/6/2019  6:22 AM
Nalod wrote:Just hang up. Take the phone from Dolan and hide it. Don’t trade anything for WestBrook.

Agreed.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2019  6:43 AM
This. That was the first thing I thought of.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/6/2019  8:27 AM
Ha! Me too....if Bulter and Westboork is not a doof combo. They both need the ball.
Nalod
USA
7/6/2019  8:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2019  9:28 AM
Sam did get PG at discount compared to what he got in return. He got Clippers to pay AD prices for him.
Teams are very confident they can build a team going forward without draft picks going forward. Is the logo a genius or did he starphuch himself?
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/6/2019  8:45 AM
I’m seriously very scared of this

I’m scared that Dolan showed up to summer league

NO WESTBROOK

MS
Member: #724
7/6/2019  8:50 AM
They can’t be that stupid.

I think a majority of fans would just leave for BK, if they acquired Westbrook. Knicks have to be careful. The fans have had it. Can’t issue cowardice statements in the media and then do something like that.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/6/2019  9:03 AM
Nalod wrote:Sam did get PG at discount compared to what he got in return. He got Clippers to pay AD prices for him.
Teams are very confident they can build a team going forward without draft picks going forward. Is the logo a genius or did the starphuch himself?

Definitely the latter.

You get Kawhi, I understand, but the price is literally your future in a ridiculous way never before seen in the NBA. The price for George was astronomical. This can look SOOOO BAAAD with the injury risk both stars represent.

This is the danger of not building solid pieces before trying for the superstar. And in this era where media overblows every narrative, the Clips got desperate because they were getting the best player of Free Agency.

But the truth is this is a terrible deal for the Clippers.

Knicks_Fan
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/6/2019  9:28 AM
Free agency is the new draft. With a bunch of 18-19 year old players coming in who has time to develop anyone. Get your star aligned and use free agency to fill the roster. This is what the Knicks did through their Ewing years. Once you have a couple of stats picks don’t pan out and are lower picks.
Nalod
USA
7/6/2019  9:36 AM
MS wrote:They can’t be that stupid.

I think a majority of fans would just leave for BK, if they acquired Westbrook. Knicks have to be careful. The fans have had it. Can’t issue cowardice statements in the media and then do something like that.

The casual fan, or the masses would celebrate the arrival of a star. The diehard obsessed would be depressed. Even still we have some that just want to win an offseason. Bobby POrtis can be a great trade chip to one of these desperate teams down the road.

The Thunder stay relevant despite misses over the years. Lost Durant for nothing and gave harden away because they did not want to pay tax. Still they found a way to sign PG and now a haul in return. The key was they built a base thru the draft to create opportunities. Not a title yet, or never but they stay relevant at some level. call it “Reforestization”! We know very little of this.

There will be a time to go all in and make a big signing or a big trade. Just not yet.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/6/2019  9:38 AM
While getting Westbrook would not be the worst thing, he probably is not the right guy for this team at this stage. It will be interesting to see if he asks for a trade.
Trust the Process
anrst
USA
7/6/2019  9:39 AM

Dolan can be that stupid. And he will be. We are getting Russ no doubt.

The absolute beating knicks have taken in the media (social and regular) has been so over the top I think it’s way more likely than not that Dolan will react by demanding we get us a “star” asap

Sam is not going to call Perry

He is going to call Dolan

Mitch, Frank, RJ and a protected first for Westbrook. Book it.

We will be pitched that randle and Russ makes us a contender in the east now that Leonard has gone west. And we will also be told that our backcourt of DSJ and Russ is the most explosive backcourt of all time. And that DSJ is lil Russ and what a great mentorship this will be.

Nalod
USA
7/6/2019  9:46 AM
anrst wrote:

The absolute beating knicks have taken in the media (social and regular) has been so over the top I think it’s way more likely than not that Dolan will react by demanding we get us a “star” asap

We will be pitched that randle and Russ makes us a contender in the east now that Leonard has gone west. And we will also be told that our backcourt of DSJ and Russ is the most explosive backcourt of all time. And that DSJ is lil Russ and what a great mentorship this will be.

I would hate that. Pisses me off just reading about it!!
My thoughts are Westbrook is more of a salary dump given his toxic on court formula. Thinking Lakers make a move for him, they have cap space to absorb but little to offer besides Kuzma.
Thunder would do well to just get out from that contract.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2019  9:47 AM
anrst wrote:I’m seriously very scared of this

I’m scared that Dolan showed up to summer league

NO WESTBROOK

I thought the same thing. I don’t remember him going in past years. I hope he hasn’t decided to become involved in running the team again.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
anrst
USA
7/6/2019  10:07 AM
Nalod wrote:
anrst wrote:

I would hate that. Pisses me off just reading about it!!
My thoughts are Westbrook is more of a salary dump given his toxic on court formula. Thinking Lakers make a move for him, they have cap space to absorb but little to offer besides Kuzma.
Thunder would do well to just get out from that contract.

Sam will probly wanna dump Adams on us too so more like Russ and Adams for Frank, Mitch, RJ, Dotson and unprotected first and one of Dallas picks

Media will say “what y’all fanboys hope Mitch turns into Adams is now” and “it was important for Ny to bring in stars to restore credibility” and “getting Russ will help us attract giannis bc stars want to play with stars” and “if you remember when Melo was here the Knicks had buzz like after that 50 win season”

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/6/2019  10:08 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
Nalod wrote:Sam did get PG at discount compared to what he got in return. He got Clippers to pay AD prices for him.
Teams are very confident they can build a team going forward without draft picks going forward. Is the logo a genius or did the starphuch himself?

Definitely the latter.

You get Kawhi, I understand, but the price is literally your future in a ridiculous way never before seen in the NBA. The price for George was astronomical. This can look SOOOO BAAAD with the injury risk both stars represent.

Depends on how you look at it. Would you consider the price astronomical for PG AND Kawhi? I think you need to look at it as a package because they weren't getting Kahwi without getting PG and they weren't going to make this deal for just PG without assurances that it would land them Kawhi.

So all of those picks for both PG and Kawhi isn't that unreasonable if you look at it that way.

anrst
USA
7/6/2019  10:12 AM
But they also gave up Alexander who everyone loved so much. No one loves him anymore. Now he’s a throw in.
anrst
USA
7/6/2019  10:22 AM
Here’s how they sell themselves on it

If Knox takes a step fwd and you have Adams, Russ, Gallo, w/ triple double machine Elfrid as starting 5 w/ Randle and DSJ off bench for scoring punch, this squad could come out of the East.

Adams, Gallo, Russ

For

Frank, RJ, Mitch, Dotson protected first, a Dallas pick and the Charlotte second rounder

If you don’t think Dolan jumps on this deal you haven’t been paying attention

Stephen A will be happy in the present. And the future is toast.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/6/2019  11:56 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Just hang up. Take the phone from Dolan and hide it. Don’t trade anything for WestBrook.

Agreed.

Agreed

Nalod
USA
7/6/2019  1:20 PM
That Leonard recruited George, then Presti got a market for him to bid him up between Toronto and Clippers with Westbrook possibly going to Toronto but Ujiri blinked at it being possible Kawhi not resigning. Some good articles on this floating on ESPN.
While I admire this I see OKC as the winner while Clips were in arms race with Lakes.
Not sure anyone really won in LA. Lakers and Clipps sort of got desperate?
Wonder if Kawhi would have teamed up with Griffin and a stronger base of players. Gregarious-Alexander was a nice future player.
Dear Scott......IF Sam calls

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy