[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Biggest question remaining... who is the PG?

Author Poll
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
First big test for Fizdale as a coach. He has wildly different players. Payton plays like he's thirsty for his next contract. He cant shoot. He's in the Rondo/Rubio zone there, at least for now. He's great with the ball. Most of his TOs come attacking the basket, not facilitating offense which he is a very good floor general. Plays some D. Stable. Finished year on bunch of triple doubles. Playing for a home.

DSjr has yet to show any consistent blending of that athleticism, scoring and court vision. The raw talent and skills are tantalizing. He's a good prospect. Nothing about anything I have seen from him says "ready to run and NBA team" and we really need that at this stage of the roster build.

Then there is Frank. Is there any scenario that doesnt involve a car wreck that has Frank being the main PG in our rotation next year? I just hope he plays well enough to get *any* role.

DSjr: there is some pressure to show dividends from the KP trade as he joins Luka and will surely be appearing in the NY media. Does Fizdale live with the growing pains and possibly slow start?

Payton: is a Perry draftee... Perry will have the most say in a year or so where they stand in their commitment to Fizdale. Is he the guy for the next level or was he fun young guy to get the kids to play hard but its time for a proven leader... questions question. Whats the take on UK

DSjr - most talent, just needs right scene to put it all together
Payton - Decent young player ready to take next step. Mr. tripledouble to end last year picks it up there. Becomes floor general.
Frank - (fish, let it go dude)
View Results

Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

7/5/2019  4:00 PM
No Kadeem? He showed the most balance (though small sample)

DSJ is the most tantalizing for this FO but he needs to get a consistent shot -- Game looks so easy for him at times, and at other times he shoots like me (i.e., lookout SCUD coming in)

Fizz doesn't know how to use Frank -- my sincere desire is the team trades him because I'd like to see him succeed where he is appreciated

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/5/2019  4:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2019  4:28 PM
Dennis Smith jr. is a 21 year old pg with unlimited potential on a team that is rebuilding. Makes the most sense to turn the keys over to him and let him grow with Barrett, Knox, Robinson, Trier, Randle, etc. Would rather see him fall flat on his face before we give up on him completely....Last year was unstable; give him a year of stability and lets see what he can do. In the orange and blue, Smith showed to be a willing ball mover, plays downhill and is explosive to the rim.

Smith has embraced the city since he arrived, and seems like h really wants to be here. The 2 moves the make the least amount of sense to me is Payton and Ellington. I thought Smith and Allen showed enough to hold down the pg spot this year....Ellington adds to the already cluttered 2 guard spot with Trier, Barrett, Dotson and Frank. Unless, Ellington was signed with the intent to move him to a playoff team looking for a shooter at the trade deadline...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/5/2019  4:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2019  4:34 PM
Why this need to define who is the PG? Guards are guards.
In fact, three wings and two bigs. Who brings the ball up and who starts the play? My take is you got three guys that should start any transition. Get into a set the ball goes to the point......Might be a point forward?
I see frank is not on roster but is he practicing with the team?
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/5/2019  4:49 PM
For now Payton starts Kadeem backup...
DSj need to show who he is. For now combo guard from the bench.
Frank is position-less player. He need to grow into this rile to remain in NBA and has another year to do so.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
7/5/2019  5:51 PM
I Voted DSJ...I hope he can put it together because he is the most talented and we need some of these lottery picks to develop.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/5/2019  6:56 PM
Best case scenario is definitely DSJr.
Knicks_Fan
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/5/2019  7:16 PM
I see what DSJ did in NY with a bad back. He comes back 100 percent, and doesnt drive into traffic as much, expect him to start. Sometimes his off the charts athleticism gets him into trouble. If Smith can spot a potential turnover, from not resetting, believe that will pay big dividends.

Its no secret Payton also needs to improve his 3pt shot. Smith jr. seemed to turn the corner before he got hurt. Payton knows what Fizdale wants to see improve. Believe it will be likely decided by who has worked the most on the holes in their respective games over the summer. I know they were playing at a higher level, but this feels like the best PG competition since Jackson/Strickland. Should be fun.

The wildcard in all of this is Frank. Seen very little if anything of his progress. Might have made strides he isnt ready to show yet. Normally Id be against Frank going to FIBA, as a Knicks fan. But he does need the reps and seems unwilling to play pick up ball. Frank will probably be asked to mainly be a facilitator, maybe thats all they expect. Would be great to see Frank shock the world (or at least FIBA) with an aggressive mindset on offense. Hope our fellow posters in Europe will fill us in on how Frank does. Not sure if we will get it here. At least live.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/7/2019  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2019  11:33 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:Dennis Smith jr. is a 21 year old pg with unlimited potential on a team that is rebuilding. Makes the most sense to turn the keys over to him and let him grow with Barrett, Knox, Robinson, Trier, Randle, etc. Would rather see him fall flat on his face before we give up on him completely....

DSJr is a poor decision maker on the court with troubling attitude problems that have followed him everywhere.

Is he a key 3 And D candidate? No, which is why Dallas had no problem giving him up.

DSJr is simply not productive enough to play the way he actually wants/tries/does play. He's very talented from a raw potential standpoint. He has the physical pedigree to be a Top 5 player. Raw physical talent is not enough. He's not a high IQ player.

Payton was signed to start. Period. Maybe DSJr turns it all around and takes the job. Unlikely. But maybe Payton gets hurt.

When DSJr was on the trade block, it's not like every NBA team was clamoring to get him. "Potential" is a ticking clock in professional sports.

Yep I wish you weren't right but you are. Barrett scares the hell out of me too. He can't shoot at all either. Everyone talks about our young core but most of these guys don't have the skills that translate to winning. I just don't see how we ever get out of this. I think Barrett is going to really struggle his rookie year. I think like Knox he will try to do way to much. This may be the reason the Knicks brought in Bullock so we don't rush him like Knox. We may be better off sitting all the young guys. Start the vets and have the young guys run the 2nd unit.

How are they going to assign minutes for all these guys. They have 144 minutes for Knox, Bullock, Ellington, Payton, Dennis Smith Jr, Trier, Dotson, and Frank. I mean Dennis Smith jr played 28 minutes a game last year, Payton played 30. Ellington played 24, Bullock played 30, Kevin Knox 29, Trier 23, Dotson 27. Frank played 21 a game in 43 games. I don't see anywhere near enough minutes for these young players. This is without Barrett. Should of just signed either Ellington or Bullock.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Biggest question remaining... who is the PG?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy