[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

“Mitchell Robinson From Deep...”
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
7/5/2019  8:50 AM
When he is on the floor, Mitch should be given free rein on offense. When talking with reporters, Robinson mentioned he was working on his shooting this offseason.

Breaking out the jump shot should be at the top of Robinson’s list in his brief summer league stint. Last season he was mostly Mitchell Lobinson. 

Adding a jumper to his game will open up the floor considerably. Julius Randle likes to set up shop in the paint. If Mitch can bring his guy out and give Randle more room to operate, the offense could kick into another gear. Seeing some pick-and-pops versus pick-and-rolls might crash Twitter, in addition to putting a Kodak smile on Fizdale, Perry, and Mills.”

-Mike Cortez

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/5/2019  9:07 AM
Best thing is he is hungry for it. You see that interview and he is clear the sky is the limit with him. He isn’t backing down from what he has said, but actually looking forward to expand his game in that range.

So many big men have developed a 3 in very successful fashion that I believe Mitch can make it.

It’s crazy how exciting of a player he is and we aren’t even close yet to seeing the ful definition of his NBA game.

Knicks_Fan
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/5/2019  9:52 AM
I want to see it, but I'm not counting on it. Remember all thos stories back in the day about Tyson Chandler adding a three-point shot to his arsenal? That said, SL is the best time to experiment.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/5/2019  10:53 AM
Mitchell Robinson is not Tyson Chandler

BigDaddyG wrote:I want to see it, but I'm not counting on it. Remember all thos stories back in the day about Tyson Chandler adding a three-point shot to his arsenal? That said, SL is the best time to experiment.

By the time he became a Knick, Tyson Chandler’s game was cemented in place.
Mitchell Robinson is still finding his levels and exploring the league.

Huge difference.

once a knick always a knick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/5/2019  10:59 AM
misterearl wrote:Mitchell Robinson is not Tyson Chandler

BigDaddyG wrote:I want to see it, but I'm not counting on it. Remember all thos stories back in the day about Tyson Chandler adding a three-point shot to his arsenal? That said, SL is the best time to experiment.

Huge difference.

true but who here would not be thrilled if Mitch didnt become as good as Tyson?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/5/2019  12:29 PM
It could happen. He exhibited a great ability to learn last year

I would like to see him develop 1 or 2 go to offensive moves. With his hops and athleticism in general I don't think he needs a huge array of tricks to make a big step forward

I know I may get skewered for this but one can at least (hope?) envision aspects of KG or even Kemp with his explosiveness

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/5/2019  1:03 PM
Mitch invited to join the USA Select Team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
7/5/2019  1:24 PM

Well...I've seen it.....and at 1st I was like why is this big dude shooting 3s b4 games or during individual shoot arounds. Then when the game started, he looked exactly how he looked in the NBA. So he has the form and willingness to develop in game jumpers. But his lobs, dunks, and blocks looked so effortless before he was drafted. That's simply his natural gift.

I want to see his back to the basket moves, but with the addition of Randle his back to basketball development skills will be delayed. Hopefully he develops that in year 3.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG

7/5/2019  1:53 PM
blkexec wrote:

Well...I've seen it.....and at 1st I was like why is this big dude shooting 3s b4 games or during individual shoot arounds. Then when the game started, he looked exactly how he looked in the NBA. So he has the form and willingness to develop in game jumpers. But his lobs, dunks, and blocks looked so effortless before he was drafted. That's simply his natural gift.

I want to see his back to the basket moves, but with the addition of Randle his back to basketball development skills will be delayed. Hopefully he develops that in year 3.....

Not necessarily...Randle is really a face up guy. Even when I've seen him post, he usually just faxed up. Fiz might be the biggest obstacle. Not sure how much he values post ups. Remember, he phased Zbo out and tried to move Marc Gasol the three-point line in Memphis.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

7/5/2019  1:58 PM

Huge difference.

Yeah, but you can also say Marc Gasol's game was cemented. He got comfortable with the 3. Heck, I've seen Joachim Noah knock down threes alone in a gym. My point was that I'd like to see knock down a few in real games, even SL, before I can say Mitch has that in his game.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/5/2019  5:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Huge difference.

Yeah, but you can also say Marc Gasol's game was cemented. He got comfortable with the 3. Heck, I've seen Joachim Noah knock down threes alone in a gym. My point was that I'd like to see knock down a few in real games, even SL, before I can say Mitch has that in his game.

It was awhile ago but Mitch’s high school coach was on a podcast and I believe said Mitch could hit threes.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG

7/5/2019  9:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Huge difference.

It was awhile ago but Mitch’s high school coach was on a podcast and I believe said Mitch could hit threes.

I read that. I also remember reading an interview from Tyson Chandler's coach saying he could hit threes. I'm hoping Mitchell's coach is right in this case.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/6/2019  7:34 AM
Hitting 3th an jumpers in practice is one thing and do it in the game without hurting the team chances to win is another.
Mitch has great feel for the game and understanding of what his strength are.
So it will be very difficult for him to incorporate shooting from the perimeter in his game.
He may start trying some shots from 8-12 feet if defense will deny him the entry and cut passing lines.
But while his instincts and physical gifts allowing him to slam it down he will do just that.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/6/2019  6:19 PM
on defense he's not discipline I a rather talk about that
Ira
Member: #91
7/6/2019  10:01 PM
This may be a little off topic, but just in case anyone missed it -

So sweet.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/7/2019  12:07 AM
Efficiency play suggests that the big guys skip the 20 ft jump shot until
They can nail the 23 footer. Part of moving on from KP had to be his predilection for inefficiency shots. Robinson is not the “unicorn” but his role on the team has less volatility. No reason to make him a spot shooter. Let his defense define him as an All Defense Team Center and whatever he adds on Offense is gravy.

Excited to see the two way play on Randle/ Barrett. Barretts’s lefthandedness should be an asset.

Knox needs to channel his internal Sprewell. If he got 15 techs this year for rough play i’d Exercise his option immediately. At SF, he will need to play tougher. Or guys like Zion will use him like tissue paper.

This is the Randle.
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/7/2019  11:33 PM
dwiley20 wrote:on defense he's not discipline I a rather talk about that

very undiscipline

blkexec
Member: #748
7/8/2019  1:39 AM
dwiley20 wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:on defense he's not discipline I a rather talk about that

very undiscipline

B4 he got drafted....he played pickup in my gym.....b4 that he played HS ball.....keep in mind he didnt start playing ball for real until his Jr year in HS.

Basketball IQ wise, hes a baby.....relax. we should be encouraged where hes at so far. ..and how much fun hes having. When I talked to him, basketball was not his first love....it was something like biology.....I dont remember, but I came away thinking hes a big geek. I'm an engineer so I love seeing geeks like me playing ball.

I just hope Fitz let these guys earn their PT. Dont give them shet....including RJ and Knox. If they get out played by the bench vets we signed, they dont deserve to start. I'm glad we added vets that are blue collar. They will or should out work this entire summer league squad. I think Iggy and Trier will earn PT. Along with knox.....I love Wooten off the bench....a minny Mitch. He will learn a lot playing behind these tough forwards we added. He will be a beast by mid year....or early next year.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
“Mitchell Robinson From Deep...”

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy