[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Management is Incompetent
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/4/2019  5:13 AM
smackeddog wrote:I love how so many people pretend like either they forgot we got 2 1st round picks back in the KP trade (one of which is unprotected) or that now first round picks are a worthless irrelevance, while also praising the Pels for getting first round picks back for AD and criticizing us for not taking back bad contracts to get firsts.
This and suddenly Stephen A has insider info about KP wanting to meet with Dolan that he sat on for six monthS. Dude is an ******* that needs to be provocative.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
7/4/2019  8:40 AM
First round picks?

If we were really concerned with acquiring first round picks, these idiots should have taken on Iggy and got the package the warriors were given. Iggy will likely get moved again and some playoff team will include another asset because he’s actually been an all star and a champion. Unlike Ellington, Payton, Portis, etc. veterans are important guys that actually have won. The Nets were able to do it multiple times. The Blazers just did a salary dump and gave picks out.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/4/2019  9:00 AM
As others have said, the situation was the situation. We had about a .01% chance of getting Leonard. The Knicks were realistic and made the best decision for the franchise. Now you can complain about whether the Knicks made a miscalculation in tanking this year, but they were doing that for Zion. If we had gotten the No. 1 pick, everyone would have been cheering the Knicks' decisions. Hindsight is 20/20. The Knicks faced reality and took the best course of action under the circumstances. That is smart management, not incompetent management. Getting Randle, Payton, and Bullock will help this team immensely.
Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/4/2019  9:44 AM
We fans take the starphuch bait. KNicks have not been totally innocent to quell all of it but we get our hopes high that a savior will come.
Visit players, stars, and the stories bout how they love to play at MSG and get pumped. It adds fuel.

I know some are “good residence to the KP diva and his brother” but basketball wise its regrettable circumstance.
KNicks wanted to see how his health played out and it saves the team 10mil in cap to sign a player. KP wanted his money and status. His body of work was very encouraging but his health was not. His actions off the court, the filming of his documentary, and the snip back at Fiz for “Sprints”. Coach said sprints in the gym, thats when a player is getting into game shape, not on a track learning how to run again. TO me it was a dick move by KP and telling of where his head was at.

If he can sustain his health he will be an all star player. Despite the pain I saw Knicks as making a solid non desperate decision.
Also regrettable that Durant got hurt. Nets are desperate to make a splash. They are a good team and from a business perspective they needed this.
As for Kawhi, he is making teams wait. Its his prerogative but also knicks can’t afford to wait. Not that they miss any franchise changing player but the ability to get good players at very good length at a fair price. They paid up for some guys to get the short deals.

Media and fans are used to knicks going after stars. We did not FAIL to get AD, we could not afford the asking price. KYrie was set on BKN. Durant needed to be paired with a buddy. At his age and injury I’m ok with this.
We did not lose Zion, the odds were never there. Nola and Lakers moved up. Thats math. It happens. We had an opportunity, it did not happen. We were lucky to get of of three blue chip studs.

This is not homerism. Its practical acceptance to reality and realizing knicks recklessness in the past did not yield what we have hoped and perhaps we can ill afford to continue that path. It hurts, but its real.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/4/2019  10:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:I love how so many people pretend like either they forgot we got 2 1st round picks back in the KP trade (one of which is unprotected) or that now first round picks are a worthless irrelevance, while also praising the Pels for getting first round picks back for AD and criticizing us for not taking back bad contracts to get firsts.

Ha yes!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MS
Member: #724
7/4/2019  10:54 AM
Contracts that would have expired at the end of this season. That would have given the team more assets to trade in the future.

It makes no sense to bring in Payton and Bullock, when the entire point of this season is to see what you have with Smith, Trier, Dotson, Barrett and Frank.

Our front court was weak so signing Randle was a nice move. Gibson and Portis we’re overpaid. We are not making the playoffs so this season was more of an audition.

Again, real veterans make sense that have been through the wars. A Vince Carter, a Carol, a Dudley, Ariza. Gibson is the only guy that’s really been to the playoffs.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/4/2019  10:58 AM
MS wrote:Contracts that would have expired at the end of this season. That would have given the team more assets to trade in the future.

It makes no sense to bring in Payton and Bullock, when the entire point of this season is to see what you have with Smith, Trier, Dotson, Barrett and Frank.

Our front court was weak so signing Randle was a nice move. Gibson and Portis we’re overpaid. We are not making the playoffs so this season was more of an audition.

Again, real veterans make sense that have been through the wars. A Vince Carter, a Carol, a Dudley, Ariza. Gibson is the only guy that’s really been to the playoffs.

We needed to add some talent to the roster, we need to take a step forward. We've added players with toughness, excellent work ethics and real dog mentalities. I'm not sure how it will all fit together, but I get what we're trying to do. Not so bummed about the Iggy deal, but I would have liked to have got in on the Harkless and a first move the clips did. But we'll see how our new players develop- some might be better than any mid round pick.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/4/2019  11:20 AM
martin wrote:

Ha yes!

West is 10 teams deep ahead of the Mavs. Not even counting the Pelicans who can make the case for having more talent overall on their roster.

It's very very possible they fail to make the playoffs over the next 2 seasons. And that's even if KP is able to stay relatively healthy. I thought going in they would net a guy like Vooch or something in typical Cuban fashion. But at this moment they are on the outside looking in.

They also have Houston & Spurs in their division to try and beat out to lock in a playoff spot.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/4/2019  11:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/4/2019  11:25 AM
MS wrote:Contracts that would have expired at the end of this season. That would have given the team more assets to trade in the future.

Ive been as big a proponent of Smith jr getting a shot as anyone. I see competition with another young PG who has shown glimpses of elite play, a very good thing. They will both have the incentive to be good floor generals. Wouldn't be surprised if they shared a backcourt at times. Pretty sure Fizdale will experiment with lineups, hopefully not too much, if we're trying to win. Which I believe the Knicks are.

These vets have experience, but you're right would be nice to have more. Those players also want to play for a contender, or playoff team. These short term deal are a good incentive to show something. Playoff experience will be more important when we upgrade the roster. Gibson has plenty of playoff experience to help the younger players. Not like the team is devoid of it.

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/4/2019  1:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:

We needed to add some talent to the roster, we need to take a step forward. We've added players with toughness, excellent work ethics and real dog mentalities. I'm not sure how it will all fit together, but I get what we're trying to do. Not so bummed about the Iggy deal, but I would have liked to have got in on the Harkless and a first move the clips did. But we'll see how our new players develop- some might be better than any mid round pick.

It was a very good summer. This is just incremental improvement at a manageable cost. Let the best players win the minutes. Nothing wrong with that.

The Iggy deal was because Iggy didn't want to be shown up as the idiot throwing shade on the team he got traded to.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/4/2019  2:13 PM
THe moves are good or bad based on what these guys do:

RJ Barret
Knox
Ntilikina
Robinson
Smith Jr
Trier

The 6 players NY got can all be important pieces toa good team as they provide leadership, depth and experience.

I do think DSjn is fighting for a starting job. Ntilikina is fighting to stay on the team. Knox has to show positive improvement. Robinson too.

RJ has the most to show and he is a 19 year old rookie.

Managment has done the right thing. We were not ready for KD and irving is the wrong guy. Kawhii would have been fine but does he want to waste 1-2 years?

They brought in young players who have talent and need to show they want to be stars in the NBA. Randle can be a starter on a contender. Portis? Bullock? Payton? Ellington and Gibson are vets - here to guide and step in when needed.

I am excited about Iggy, Wilkes and Hinton. Can they show enough to stick? Can iggy join the rotation? He has swagger for sure.

35-40 wins and RJ ROY, KNox a good season, DSjr showing signs, Frank showing some swagger and Robinson improving and this season will be a success.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/4/2019  2:16 PM
All these one year deals will turn into very selfish play IMO

Time will tell.

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
7/4/2019  3:00 PM
You over pay to get short term deals. In a weak free agent class some of these guys might earn more next year. Some will earn less. With a team option we can negotiate a longer term deal.

Starphuching is incompetent as would have been trading the house for AD.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/4/2019  3:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/4/2019  3:06 PM
How is being ready to sign SIX players within 20 hours, incompetent?

For starters, experience matters
G Effrid Payton, 25, averaged 10.1 points and 7.6 assists
G Wayne Ellington, 31, 10.3 pg on 40.3 percent, 37.1 pct from long distance.

G-F Reggie Bullock, 27, career 39.2% shooter from three-point range.

F Bobby Portis, 24, avg 14.2 pts, 8.1 rebounds, 39 pct on 3-pointers.
F Taj Gibson, 34, solid 6’9 10.8 points and 6.4 rebounds per game

C Julius Randle, 24, 21.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists per game.

Please explain the alternative, given the stated interests of Durant, Kyrie, Klay and Kawhi.

Trust Plan B from outer space.

once a knick always a knick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/4/2019  3:11 PM
Knicks backed out because they were told they didn't have much of a shot to land Kawhi....

Nalod
USA
7/4/2019  3:44 PM
Im good with what knicks did and how they did it. Media has to have a point and counter point. Carter makes sense. The other guy is just stretching the plot to fill time.
I get it. If Kawhi really thought he wanted to be here, he'd ask knicks to hold off. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. WE don't know eveything.

Why is Kawhi waiting?? Cuz he can!! LOL

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/4/2019  4:00 PM
Uptown wrote:Knicks backed out because they were told they didn't have much of a shot to land Kawhi....

I like cris carter a lot- smart, no BS, no agenda

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/4/2019  4:39 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Uptown wrote:Knicks backed out because they were told they didn't have much of a shot to land Kawhi....

I like cris carter a lot- smart, no BS, no agenda

Yeah, he seems to have no interest in following media trends and just reporting what he gets. He seems to be very connected to Perry and seems to respect what he is trying to do. Thats cool

Knicks_Fan
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/4/2019  4:40 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Porzingis? We're talking about Porzingis? Lets recap. Perry takes the job, and loses KP to a season ending injury. That season, and tbe next one is a wash because your franchise player cant play. KP also cant go very far into a season before running out of gas.

The next season, Porzingis is in street clothes, he isnt contributing anything, he hasnt in year. He lets it be known he doesnt like the way the team is being run. From the bench.

He then goes to Perry/Mills with his brother and says something to the effect of "F you, pay me" Doesnt matter that KP still hasn't recovered from his injury, he wants his money now or he walks.

My response would be the same as Perry's I would ship KP's humpty dumpty ass on the first flight to Dallas. Who the F does he think he is to march his narrow ass into Perry's office and demand anything, when he is still hurt, and the Knicks have yet to see how well he has recovered? Why would they let themselves get rolled like that?

Post of the year!

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/4/2019  7:25 PM
WORD

Panos wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Porzingis? We're talking about Porzingis? Lets recap. Perry takes the job, and loses KP to a season ending injury. That season, and tbe next one is a wash because your franchise player cant play. KP also cant go very far into a season before running out of gas.

The next season, Porzingis is in street clothes, he isnt contributing anything, he hasnt in year. He lets it be known he doesnt like the way the team is being run. From the bench.

He then goes to Perry/Mills with his brother and says something to the effect of "F you, pay me" Doesnt matter that KP still hasn't recovered from his injury, he wants his money now or he walks.

My response would be the same as Perry's I would ship KP's humpty dumpty ass on the first flight to Dallas. Who the F does he think he is to march his narrow ass into Perry's office and demand anything, when he is still hurt, and the Knicks have yet to see how well he has recovered? Why would they let themselves get rolled like that?

Post of the year!

once a knick always a knick
Knicks Management is Incompetent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy