[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Management is Incompetent
Author Thread
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
7/3/2019  9:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  9:35 PM
So apparently Kawhi wanted to meet with us and WE canceled the meeting for fear of losing out on free agents. Are you even serious right now? So we can sign end of the bench 9th deep scrubs in a desperate hope to squeeze into the playoffs (which won't happen btw)?? We went for the gusto in cap space, traded a future top 10 player for peanuts in the process just to have our moment. Now we back out at the 11th hour. Please fire the entire staff. This is worse incompetence than all of them. Worse than Phil, worse than Isiah, worse than Layden. I'm done with this franchise. I will not watch a single Knicks game this season. You guys sugarcoat all you want, but this is why we can't get respectable. Pure sabotage. F this franchise. I am sickened that I will have to try to find a way to like the @#@#@@ Nets if I want to see basketball in NY.

I can acknowledge there was slight logic in being cautious about Durant after his injury. But Kawhi, arguably the best player in the NBA. That should have been plan 1A. It is unbelievable. Now we have a team where we are 10 players deep and not a single one would start on most good teams in the league. F this franchise.

And while the Laker rumors are most popular, some have said Kawhi may have chosen the Knicks had we actually met with him. But we can't roll the dice. Why bother with cap room then?

AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/3/2019  9:35 PM
Link?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/3/2019  9:35 PM
Nevermind
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/3/2019  9:41 PM
Knicks didn’t think they had a shot and needed to get better this summer. I don’t see the big deal here. Getting in a room with kawhi is not the goal , getting better is. If lakers miss out on kawhi they will have missed role players that can help them win a title. We are not in the same situation but can’t afford to end up empty handed this summer with so much money. If you have a shot at him sure, you go for it. Otherwise what’s the point.
Solace
USA
7/3/2019  9:47 PM
This team is still going to suck this year. I bet the pathetic Shanvis Eisleyspoon Knicks eould wipe the floor with these guys. And you notice we go all 2 year contracts? Why so we can pretend like we're making a play at Giannis then fail to get him too because we don't meet with him, so we can give a contract to some other scrubs? You either take the meeting or don't bother with cap room. That's it. We sabotaged our chances with Durant and Kyrie and then sabotages Kawhi. Just 100% pure garbage organization.
Solace
USA
7/3/2019  9:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  10:06 PM
Knixkik wrote:Knicks didn’t think they had a shot and needed to get better this summer. I don’t see the big deal here. Getting in a room with kawhi is not the goal , getting better is. If lakers miss out on kawhi they will have missed role players that can help them win a title. We are not in the same situation but can’t afford to end up empty handed this summer with so much money. If you have a shot at him sure, you go for it. Otherwise what’s the point.

If that was the goal why bother with the cap space? You do not create cap space in the NBA to overpay scrubs, sorry. The benefit of a bunch of young players on rookie contracts is they are making peanuts along with potential. Overpaying young players who have low ceilings just caps your overall ceiling.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/3/2019  10:00 PM
So it’s incompetent to act on a realistic plan that you have instead of waiting for a meeting on a dream that EVERYONE including the media bullying NY considered impossible because Kawhi would either go to LA or stay in Toronto?
Knicks_Fan
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2019  10:04 PM
Knicksfan wrote:So it’s incompetent to act on a realistic plan that you have instead of waiting for a meeting on a dream that EVERYONE including the media bullying NY considered impossible because Kawhi would either go to LA or stay in Toronto?

Exactly

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:06 PM
Knicksfan wrote:So it’s incompetent to act on a realistic plan that you have instead of waiting for a meeting on a dream that EVERYONE including the media bullying NY considered impossible because Kawhi would either go to LA or stay in Toronto?

What plan?? We traded Kristaps Porzingis for cap space to sign a star. That was the plan so you see it through. We switched course to overpay scrubs. Meanwhile the franchise was set back years by the Kristaps trade. This is worse than anything Phil did. If you don't see that, then I suggest putting a towel under your knees to prevent rugburn.

Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:09 PM
martin wrote:

Exactly

The problem is our so called plan B was a plan D- and the necessity of it was caused by the stupidity of what preceeded it. You watch. Please bring back this thread in a few years when we have a whole new set of management, no playoff victories and RJ Barrett is also asking to be traded. Its the same cycle repeatedly.

Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  10:13 PM
And no, this is spin. You don't get credit for bailing early on the mess you yourself created... and one that had a chance of success if you don't fat finger it at every turn.
Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  10:16 PM
Bobby Portis, Elfrid Payton and the rest of the misfit toys... they are a little better than last year's scrubs. We win 28 next year. Woo hoo
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/3/2019  10:16 PM
Solace wrote:

What plan?? We traded Kristaps Porzingis for cap space to sign a star. That was the plan so you see it through. We switched course to overpay scrubs. Meanwhile the franchise was set back years by the Kristaps trade. This is worse than anything Phil did. If you don't see that, then I suggest putting a towel under your knees to prevent rugburn.

Just because you have chosen your negative narrative to believe doesn’t actually make it a fact. This simplistic view that negates all the flexibility the team actually got, the assets acquired and the real reasoning to sign the players they signed considering the youth, it really sucks.

I get being frustrated for not getting the stars we wanted and being bullied even more on the media, but not to be able to pivot from that into the not spectacular but really solid plan the front office has is sad.

Knicks_Fan
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/3/2019  10:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  10:23 PM
You dont like their plan? Whats yours? Details please. Which players are you sure would sign with the Knicks? Would they be 100 percent by opening day? Team players? Injury prone? Fill in the roster for us.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/3/2019  10:23 PM
Solace wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Knicks didn’t think they had a shot and needed to get better this summer. I don’t see the big deal here. Getting in a room with kawhi is not the goal , getting better is. If lakers miss out on kawhi they will have missed role players that can help them win a title. We are not in the same situation but can’t afford to end up empty handed this summer with so much money. If you have a shot at him sure, you go for it. Otherwise what’s the point.

If that was the goal why bother with the cap space? You do not create cap space in the NBA to overpay scrubs, sorry. The benefit of a bunch of young players on rookie contracts is they are making peanuts along with potential. Overpaying young players who have low ceilings just caps your overall ceiling.

The cap space was for KD and another star. After the Achilles tear everything changed.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/3/2019  10:25 PM
martin wrote:

Exactly

This.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:26 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Solace wrote:

Just because you have chosen your negative narrative to believe doesn’t actually make it a fact. This simplistic view that negates all the flexibility the team actually got, the assets acquired and the real reasoning to sign the players they signed considering the youth, it really sucks.

I get being frustrated for not getting the stars we wanted and being bullied even more on the media, but not to be able to pivot from that into the not spectacular but really solid plan the front office has is sad.

Its the only realistic narrative. You homers do this every time and every time it blows up and you are positive about the next. I've been going through these Knicks cycles for 20 years. Every time I have a bad feeling about a move the Knicks make, I've been proven right. Trading Porzingis was a four year setback. Its a long road and we don't have a higher ceiling than before we traded Porzingis and we got no free agents.

Here are the facts: Perry and Mills wanted Porzingis out so bad that we got nothing for him. We justified this because DOLAN basically told us we were getting Durant and Kyrie. This was mot the media. Dolan said it himself. If we got them it justified trading Porzingis. If we gor Kawhi it justified it. Neither of those things happened so these a-holes have to be held responsible for trading the next Dirk and getting Dennis Smith Jr who is at best a 7th man off the bench. You don't get up from this bad a mistake. This will go down as one of the worst recent trades in NBA history. You'll see... I would love to be wrong on this. But I'm not. You guys are suckered in by love of the team and not logic. Sorry.

And if this is an attempt to repeat the Nets plan, we can't. They have a good GM and don't have the most distrusted owner in the NBA.

Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:You dont like their plan? Whats yours? Details please. Which players are you sure would sign with the Knicks? Would they be 100 percent by opening day? Team players? Injury prone? Fill in the roster for us.

Tank again if we don't get anyone. This plan leads us to mediocrity which is no mans land in the NBA. But my plan starts with NOT trading Porzingis. We could've traded him now to make room for KD if we needed the space.

Perry is overhyped garbage as a GM.

Solace
USA
7/3/2019  10:30 PM
Looks like the homer mafia is invading. Have at it. I haven't posted here in years and still the same guys holding up the homer flag every year. Don't you guys get tired of being wrong?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/3/2019  10:33 PM
“20 Hours
Perry had a Plan B, and Mills had his back. They have created the rudiments of a culture and player development. Brought in real talent to contribute to the incremental resuscitation of the franchise.  Sean Marks is much farther ahead, but he’s got a year or two in Perry. 

If the Knicks stay true to the plan, and they seem to be, then we need to show incremental but significant growth. 

I think with big, athletic young pups like Randle and Portis, a PG on the rise like Payton, and solid vets like Gibson, Ellington and Bullock, we are adding real talent and a degree of professionalism. 

I think New York fans are going to be very pleasantly surprised by Randle and Portis, whom I was campaigning for, in my insignificant way. 

Like many fans, if we show improvement, real substantive improvement, a better competitive culture, I think people will get behind the team. 
A lot depends on the progress of Knox, Robinson, Smith, Barrett and Randle.  But they have good players to push them; to force them to earn their minutes.  DEFENSE. 
Now we will see what kind of coach we have.”

Chip Stern
(With permission)

once a knick always a knick
Knicks Management is Incompetent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy