[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is it time for the Knicks to build a practice facility in NYC?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/3/2019  1:40 PM
Dudley said one reason players pick the Nets over the Knicks is that they have a practice facility in the city. Dont have to drive out to Westchester to practice. Should Dolan build a state of the art facility in NY to lure FAs in the future?
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

7/3/2019  1:45 PM
Honestly it would be nice to have it but I don't think thats the reason. I read dudley's interview and he clearly was taking shots at the Knicks the whole time
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  1:46 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Honestly it would be nice to have it but I don't think thats the reason. I read dudley's interview and he clearly was taking shots at the Knicks the whole time

You do realize that I bolded the word "one".

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/3/2019  1:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Dudley said one reason players pick the Nets over the Knicks is that they have a practice facility in the city. Dont have to drive out to Westchester to practice. Should Dolan build a state of the art facility in NY to lure FAs in the future?

I don't take anything Dudley says seriously. Remember when his sources said LeBron was coming to the Knicks? Or that time he tried to call out Melo? He's a clown.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  1:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  1:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dudley said one reason players pick the Nets over the Knicks is that they have a practice facility in the city. Dont have to drive out to Westchester to practice. Should Dolan build a state of the art facility in NY to lure FAs in the future?

I don't take anything Dudley says seriously. Remember when his sources said LeBron was coming to the Knicks? Or that time he tried to call out Melo? He's a clown.

Ive heard this criticism for years from former players, FAs picking destinations. Didnt start with Dudley. Im not suggesting it would be the main reason an FA signs. Considering the Knicks need every edge they can get, it sure wouldnt hurt.

StarksEwing1

7/3/2019  1:57 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Honestly it would be nice to have it but I don't think thats the reason. I read dudley's interview and he clearly was taking shots at the Knicks the whole time

I know dude. I wasn’t trying to say you said that. I respect your posts a lot. I was just talking about Dudley
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  1:59 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I know dude. I wasn’t trying to say you said that. I respect your posts a lot. I was just talking about Dudley

Sorry, sounded like you didnt know.

StarksEwing1

7/3/2019  2:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

No big deal. Sometimes over the internet it’s easy to misinterpret stuff, I do it all the time lol. Yeah I definitely wasn’t accusing you of saying that. I read the Dudley interview and he clearly is trying to boost up the Nets which is fine but it is funny that people from the Nets are focusing more on trying to upstage the Knicks instead of just basketball
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  2:12 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

No big deal. Sometimes over the internet it’s easy to misinterpret stuff, I do it all the time lol. Yeah I definitely wasn’t accusing you of saying that. I read the Dudley interview and he clearly is trying to boost up the Nets which is fine but it is funny that people from the Nets are focusing more on trying to upstage the Knicks instead of just basketball

Yes it is, that's why I bolded the word "one". Didnt think anyone could misinterpret that, lol.

StarksEwing1

7/3/2019  2:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  2:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yes it is, that's why I bolded the word "one". Didnt think anyone could misinterpret that, lol.

I mean sorry dude I just got off a 15 hour shift so I made one little mistake while half asleep lol
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  2:24 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I mean sorry dude I just got off a 15 hour shift so I made one little mistake while half asleep lol

Get some rest, sounds like you need it..

StarksEwing1

7/3/2019  2:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Im fine. But again my original post had everything to do with Dudley's overall interview
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  2:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Im fine. But again my original post had everything to do with Dudley's overall interview

Since you're fine now. Dudley listed more than one reason for Durant going to the Nets in that interview. Never suggested it was the driving force that made Durant pick the Nets.

Not having to drive an hour to Westchester was just one of them. As I told BigDaddy, this criticism has been leveled at the Knicks for years, by players, agents.

Most valuable franchise in the league, with a billionaire owner should be able to swing it. The best practice facility in the NBA, in the heart of NYC, would be a draw for FAs, and a point of personal pride for the Knicks. Im sure Dolan could build something amazing. Could also rent out part of it, to help defer the cost.

Put a gym in there for the general public, with a seperate entrance. Maybe a window, where members can watch the Knicks practice (when they let them)

StarksEwing1

7/3/2019  2:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Since you're fine now. Dudley listed more than one reason for Durant going to the Nets in that interview. Never suggested it was the driving force that made Durant pick the Nets.

Not having to drive an hour to Westchester was just one of them. As I told BigDaddy, this criticism has been leveled at the Knicks for years, by players, agents.

Most valuable franchise in the league, with a billionaire owner should be able to swing it. The best practice facility in the NBA, in the heart of NYC, would be a draw for FAs, and a point of personal pride for the Knicks. Im sure Dolan could build something amazing. Could also rent out part of it, to help defer the cost.

Put a gym in there for the general public, with a seperate entrance. Maybe a window, where members can watch the Knicks practice (when they let them)

Again I NEVER said it was the main reason. I actually agreed I think a facility in the city would be beneficial. I was just talking about the fact that dudley was taking shots at the Knicks about everything
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  2:52 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Again I NEVER said it was the main reason. I actually agreed I think a facility in the city would be beneficial. I was just talking about the fact that dudley was taking shots at the Knicks about everything

Why I only mentioned this one point he made. Didnt really care about the other stuff, had nothing to do with this topic. Just what he said about the hassle of driving out to Westchester, which was a legit reason for considering the Nets.

Nets are supposed to have an amazing practice facility with a great view. Tell Giannis we will name it after him, lol.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/3/2019  2:53 PM
My sister lived in White Plains for a long time and used to tell me she would see players all the time. Are guys still living in that area or are more of them in the city? Also, if you live in the city you have to pay nyc income tax. It may not matter to nba players but it seems like playing in Florida and Texas are more desirable because they don’t have state income tax.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  3:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
My sister lived in White Plains for a long time and used to tell me she would see players all the time. Are guys still living in that area or are more of them in the city? Also, if you live in the city you have to pay nyc income tax. It may not matter to nba players but it seems like playing in Florida and Texas are more desirable because they don’t have state income tax.

Have no idea. Not a diss on White Plains, but maybe some are living there because its an easier commute to practice. Remember reading about rooks choosing White Plains as their first home base as a pro. Must be nice for so many players to move there.

Guessing some elite FAs would love the option of living and practicing in the city. All the high powered tax attorneys out there, you would think they could work around higher taxes..South Bronx might be a nice place to build it. Real estate is less expensive, make sure the jobs went to local residents during construction, operations. Maybe build an entertainment complex with it, something for the community. Make sure property taxes dont skyrocket for small business owners.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/3/2019  3:28 PM
The Knicks should have a state of the art facility in Manhattan. They should have the best in class for international scouting. Ditto for player development and analytics. This team has more resources than the others. Considering there is a cap, the Knicks should have the best of all this other stuff
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/3/2019  3:40 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:The Knicks should have a state of the art facility in Manhattan. They should have the best in class for international scouting. Ditto for player development and analytics. This team has more resources than the others. Considering there is a cap, the Knicks should have the best of all this other stuff

If it’s true that MOST of the players and even coaches live in Westchester, then why on Earth would any of them want a practice facility in the city? They are there a lot more than the garden anyway.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler

7/3/2019  3:41 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:The Knicks should have a state of the art facility in Manhattan. They should have the best in class for international scouting. Ditto for player development and analytics. This team has more resources than the others. Considering there is a cap, the Knicks should have the best of all this other stuff

If it had to be in Manhattan, maybe Dolan should look into buying Chelsea Piers. Would probably save time over building one from the ground up. NBA ballers play there from time to time.

Is it time for the Knicks to build a practice facility in NYC?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy