Member: #11
USA
7/1/2019  5:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  5:47 PM
C Robinson/Gibson
PF Randle/Portis
SF Knox/Bullock/Brazdeikis
SG Barrett/Ellington/Trier/Dotson
PG Smith/Payton/Ntilikina/Allen

Is this what the lineup looks like? Or does Bullock replace Knox for shooting? Maybe Payton over Smith?

I'm guessing Ntilikina is traded and Allen is guaranteed as 3rd PG. Likely one more spot remaining. Are Lance or Kornet brought back? Seems like we have a full roster with exception of a 3rd string PF/C. Also, looking like Trier and Dotson may be on the outside looking in for a bit. I see Bullock and Ellington getting their minutes. 10 man rotation looks set.

AUTOADVERT
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
7/1/2019  5:50 PM
Trier can ride the bench
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2019  5:57 PM
Looks like a team that might sneak into the playoffs. Playoff experience for the younger players would be great. If we get some big FAs down the road, that playoff experience will make it easier for the team to gel sooner.

I like the depth at PG/SG could see some good competition for minutes.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/1/2019  6:02 PM
Robinson will have to compete and beat out Portis for the starting center spot.

Knox will have to beat out Bullock, Ellington, Dotson, Trier, Frank for the starting SF spot. With Barrett sliding over to SF if Someone like Trier proves to be to good to not start for example.

Smith will have to beat out Payton to start at PG.

Frank will have to beat out everyone that plays the wing or guard to get mins.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/1/2019  6:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Looks like a team that might sneak into the playoffs. Playoff experience for the younger players would be great. If we get some big FAs down the road, that playoff experience will make it easier for the team to gel sooner.

How can you say if we get some big FA down the road...like this was the largest Top tier FA list and we got none...again..It hasnt happen in your life time or mine,.

ES
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
7/1/2019  6:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Looks like a team that might sneak into the playoffs. Playoff experience for the younger players would be great. If we get some big FAs down the road, that playoff experience will make it easier for the team to gel sooner.

Playoffs????

Really?

A lot of things have to go right for that to happen.

This is easily a 30 win team in many ways.

It could happen, but no way would I bet any kind of decent money on such an idea if I were a betting man.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
GustavBahler

7/1/2019  6:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

How can you say if we get some big FA down the road...like this was the largest Top tier FA list and we got none...again..It hasnt happen in your life time or mine,.

Easy. The largest FA market where the top targets like Klay/KD/Cousins are all recovering from serious injures. Kyrie showing he wouldnt be a good teammate. This class of FAs was a minefield.

FAs want to see this core grow before joining up. Cant blame them. This isnt the last good FA class we will see, because its likely the top targets wont be missing entire seasons before ever playing a game for the Knicks.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/1/2019  6:23 PM
PresIke wrote:

Playoffs????

Really?

It could happen, but no way would I bet any kind of decent money on such an idea if I were a betting man.

yea.. likely 32-50. The x-factors that would elevate us to the playoffs are not impossible but also not likely. But here is my "holy ****, everything went right and the Knicks made the playoffs at 42-40:

(just for fun starting line up with color)
PG: Payton (we get stable PG play, good defense 28mpg 10ppg, 7assist, 5rebs, 1.5 TO)
SG: Dotson (strong defense and great shooting wins this job 14ppg, 5rebs, 38% from 3)
SF: Reggie Bullock
PF: Randle (featured scorer, 22ppg, 55% FGs 35% from 3)
C: Mitch (28mpg, 8ppg, 12rebs, 2.5 blocks)
Bench mob: DSjr, RJ, Knox, Portis

Something where our starters play good defense like the Nets did this year (our SL is basically 4 defensive guys + Randle) and our bench runs up and down the court pushing the ball and the tempo and since the bench/starters are not much different coach basically rides the hot hands each night.

Thats the best *type* of scenario and not wildly far fetched.

More likely:
Nobody establishes themself as a standout at PG so our offensive really struggles and everything is tough from there.

We will see. I like the moves. I like Randle a lot. I like that Fiz has to coach now. I like the Piston fans are bummed we took a lot of their blue collar guys who really helped. I like that we can see all our players in real NBA games vs. the summer league we ran last year.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

7/1/2019  6:23 PM
PresIke wrote:

Playoffs????

Really?

I admit Im usually a bit too optimistic with my win predictions. This season I dont see us gutting the roster mid season again. Will be more continuity, more of an effort to implement a system from day one. No tanking, heavy minutes to G-leaguers. That might be enough to build some momentum going into the second half of the season.

TPercy
Member: #5748

7/1/2019  6:25 PM
Gibson plays center since when? Also I don't think Robinson starts.
The Future is Bright!
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
7/1/2019  6:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
PresIke wrote:

Playoffs????

Really?

yea.. likely 32-50. The x-factors that would elevate us to the playoffs are not impossible but also not likely. But here is my "holy ****, everything went right and the Knicks made the playoffs at 42-40:

(just for fun starting line up with color)
PG: Payton (we get stable PG play, good defense 28mpg 10ppg, 7assist, 5rebs, 1.5 TO)
SG: Dotson (strong defense and great shooting wins this job 14ppg, 5rebs, 38% from 3)
SF: Reggie Bullock
PF: Randle (featured scorer, 22ppg, 55% FGs 35% from 3)
C: Mitch (28mpg, 8ppg, 12rebs, 2.5 blocks)
Bench mob: DSjr, RJ, Knox, Portis

Something where our starters play good defense like the Nets did this year (our SL is basically 4 defensive guys + Randle) and our bench runs up and down the court pushing the ball and the tempo and since the bench/starters are not much different coach basically rides the hot hands each night.

Thats the best *type* of scenario and not wildly far fetched.

More likely:
Nobody establishes themself as a standout at PG so our offensive really struggles and everything is tough from there.

We will see. I like the moves. I like Randle a lot. I like that Fiz has to coach now. I like the Piston fans are bummed we took a lot of their blue collar guys who really helped. I like that we can see all our players in real NBA games vs. the summer league we ran last year.

I hear you man.

I like Randle too, btw, although I worry whether he can become a decent defender.

Things could also go very badly again and I could see Fiz fired before the season is over. Would that happen if we aren't really in contention for the playoffs?

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/1/2019  6:40 PM
Unless RJ can walk on water we are so ****ed next year
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/1/2019  6:42 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Unless RJ can walk on water we are so ****ed next year
Not Really but thanks for the overreaction
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/1/2019  6:50 PM
We winning 50+ games this coming season. Yup. I said it.
MS
Member: #724
7/1/2019  6:52 PM
I think in this scenario, DLo actually made a lot of sense on a four year deal. There are no free agents till 2021 and everyone is being grossly overpaid.

Our biggest need was at the point. You could have really put a fun exciting team out there with Barrett and DLo and had a nice story line. I think he will prove to be better than Kyrie the next few years and handled NYC well.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/1/2019  7:04 PM
MS wrote:I think in this scenario, DLo actually made a lot of sense on a four year deal. There are no free agents till 2021 and everyone is being grossly overpaid.

Our biggest need was at the point. You could have really put a fun exciting team out there with Barrett and DLo and had a nice story line. I think he will prove to be better than Kyrie the next few years and handled NYC well.

DLO wanted all his money which the Nets were the only ones who could offer it. Which is why he worked out a S&T to go to the Warriors who will then look to reroute him.

I don't believe the Nets would be willing to S&T DLO to the Knicks unless we offered something substantial. Nets also would have matched what ever offer we signed him to since they had his rights. Would have then looked to work out a trade with either us or another team.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
MS
Member: #724
7/1/2019  7:11 PM
They couldn’t have matched once they signed Durant they renounced his rights. He got $31MM a year which we could have given him.

Just doesn’t appear anyone has any interest in being a Knick so need to go outside the box. He would have brought some life with Randle.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/1/2019  7:19 PM
MS wrote:They couldn’t have matched once they signed Durant they renounced his rights. He got $31MM a year which we could have given him.

Just doesn’t appear anyone has any interest in being a Knick so need to go outside the box. He would have brought some life with Randle.

committing max money to a good player who doesnt defend when you have young guys at the same position is a classic Knick move. GS has no Klay. They will play DLo and Curry together, try to pump up his value and flip him for pieces at the deadline so they can retool.

First you say everyone is grossly overpaid. Then you lament not giving Russell $30+ mil a year. Thats not really out of the box.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/1/2019  9:04 PM
If RJ is the truth and Knox takes his game up two levels, we can make the playoffs. We added 3pt shooting and defense with these additions. Plus, we have a legit low post scorer in Randle. Things would have to break right and Fizdale will have to be the coach that everyone says he is, but a playoffs or close to playoffs season is quite doable with this roster.
Trust the Process
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/1/2019  9:19 PM
TheGame wrote:If RJ is the truth and Knox takes his game up two levels, we can make the playoffs. We added 3pt shooting and defense with these additions. Plus, we have a legit low post scorer in Randle. Things would have to break right and Fizdale will have to be the coach that everyone says he is, but a playoffs or close to playoffs season is quite doable with this roster.

no doubt about it the key is Knox and Dennis smith JR

Current Roster/Rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy