knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/1/2019  10:32 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:Very satisfied with the free agency results.
No malcontents, no albatross contracts, no overpaying.
Great job by FO in another step into right direction.
Respect.

95% of knicks fans disagree, we are currently the biggest laughing stock on social media, and every single sport show across the board has labeled us losers x100.

So far no Team IN the NBA has overpaid for anyone, in fact you have a few players that took less so their respected teams can add more..

Next yrs Draft class and FA class will be the worst in decades..

No Rainman most knick fans arent doom and gloom like you. They understand that in years past we would throw away all our picks or cap space for injury prone players or headcases. I know you hate that we are building through the draft but its the best move in the longrun. We are building a solid young core but also adding good support around them. Sure they may not be the "sexy" names but they will help a lot. We also keeps our assets and financial flexibility for the future so when we do get a BIG Free agent we will be in even better shape

You said the same thing when we drafted KP, Willy and frank and we signed THJ, where are they now..YOUNG CORES STAY TOGETHER WHEN THEY ARE WINNING..not when the winning % is .308..are you in denial about that

If rules state you can only trade 1 pick in 3 yrs why are you acting like the FO did wonders...lol

When was the LAST TIME THE NETS had Lottery picks and Cap money, they just made the P/O and had just as Much money as we did...

You and I both know that KD and Kyrie's contracts will have expire and the knicks will be no closer to a championship..

You probably the one trying the whole life to win the lottery by buying one ticket every time it runs.
The truth it you lost before you started unless you will leave million years.
There is no lottery in pro sports. It's very hard frustrating business when you pay for every mistake.
Being a fan of the org which made so many is hard road to take.
So if you want to continue stop buying the lottery tickets and put your mind to work.

ES
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

7/1/2019  10:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  10:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

95% of knicks fans disagree, we are currently the biggest laughing stock on social media, and every single sport show across the board has labeled us losers x100.

So far no Team IN the NBA has overpaid for anyone, in fact you have a few players that took less so their respected teams can add more..

No Rainman most knick fans arent doom and gloom like you. They understand that in years past we would throw away all our picks or cap space for injury prone players or headcases. I know you hate that we are building through the draft but its the best move in the longrun. We are building a solid young core but also adding good support around them. Sure they may not be the "sexy" names but they will help a lot. We also keeps our assets and financial flexibility for the future so when we do get a BIG Free agent we will be in even better shape

You said the same thing when we drafted KP, Willy and frank and we signed THJ, where are they now..YOUNG CORES STAY TOGETHER WHEN THEY ARE WINNING..not when the winning % is .308..are you in denial about that

If rules state you can only trade 1 pick in 3 yrs why are you acting like the FO did wonders...lol

When was the LAST TIME THE NETS had Lottery picks and Cap money, they just made the P/O and had just as Much money as we did...

You and I both know that KD and Kyrie's contracts will have expire and the knicks will be no closer to a championship..

First of all you are wrong. I HATED when we signed Tim because of that contract, although I like Tim. Yes I admit I was a big fan of KP and Willy and I turned out to be wrong. KP turned out to be a giant douchebag who has big durability issues and Willy was lazy. That doesn't mean I was wrong about the process. In fact I said we need to keep building through the draft even if KP wanted to be here. Yes I know you love veterans and trading picks for big splashes but it didn't make sense to give a max contract to a players(no matter how good he is) a big contract after suffering a achilles injury at 32. I never wanted Kyrie because he is injury prone and a headache(had enough of those guys). Would you of rather give a max contract to a second tier guy which would f crippled us in the future? I know its like talking to a brick wall but I rather have flexibility and a chance at longterm success then just throwing everything away. Lets be honest the Nets still feel that they are in our shadow so they will make the riskier moves( The Celtic trade) but im glad for once we aren't doing thatanyore. You can spin it however you like but The Knicks tried it your way for 15 years and ended up in worse shape
StarksEwing1

7/1/2019  10:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

You probably the one trying the whole life to win the lottery by buying one ticket every time it runs.
There is no lottery in pro sports. It's very hard frustrating business when you pay for every mistake.
So if you want to continue stop buying the lottery tickets and put your mind to work.

Who gives s sh^t about the media? Its their job to cause controversy. if you honestly believe all that then you are far more guillible and far gone than I thought lol
jazz74
Member: #371
7/1/2019  10:39 AM
well....after a night of being talked off the ledge, avoiding twitter ( brutality towards our fellow knick fans on there) and a good night sleep, I am sort of content with what they did. since we traded ewing, this is what I wanted. a true rebuild. we can not be the arrogant fan saying they want to come to the knicks because winning in nyc is like no other. that MAY be true but the fa think the same can happen in Brooklyn, which is now a far better run organization than us. so.....fa don't want to come here. lets face the facts. the allure isn't there any more. so the fo must earn their money now like MOST of the teams in the nba. the one thing that I really like is that no one really mentioned is the acquisition of assets. todays nba constantly have disgruntled stars that want to be traded. whether it is paul George, jimmy butler, ad, kawhi, there will always be a disgruntled star. we see other teams getting these stars because they have a cupboard of assets without making it bare. smarter melo trade in other words. we are starting to do that. we have a lot of picks for the next 4 years and starting to gather young talent. in a few years, I can see stars like kat, westbrook, Giannis, beal, simmons and other all stars available. we need to be ready when that happens and we are on the path way to do that. until then, we should have an awesome summer league team for the next couple of years. enjoy it.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2019  10:44 AM
jazz74 wrote:well....after a night of being talked off the ledge, avoiding twitter ( brutality towards our fellow knick fans on there) and a good night sleep, I am sort of content with what they did. since we traded ewing, this is what I wanted. a true rebuild. we can not be the arrogant fan saying they want to come to the knicks because winning in nyc is like no other. that MAY be true but the fa think the same can happen in Brooklyn, which is now a far better run organization than us. so.....fa don't want to come here. lets face the facts. the allure isn't there any more. so the fo must earn their money now like MOST of the teams in the nba. the one thing that I really like is that no one really mentioned is the acquisition of assets. todays nba constantly have disgruntled stars that want to be traded. whether it is paul George, jimmy butler, ad, kawhi, there will always be a disgruntled star. we see other teams getting these stars because they have a cupboard of assets without making it bare. smarter melo trade in other words. we are starting to do that. we have a lot of picks for the next 4 years and starting to gather young talent. in a few years, I can see stars like kat, westbrook, Giannis, beal, simmons and other all stars available. we need to be ready when that happens and we are on the path way to do that. until then, we should have an awesome summer league team for the next couple of years. enjoy it.

Well said. Also, guys on expiring deals heading into the 2021 free agent class are going to be covered by teams seeking cap space.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/1/2019  10:48 AM
Guys this is just some new age Scott Layden. How many medicore power forwards do you need.

Randle was a good piece actually, but they only needed one of the other 3 guys.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2019  10:50 AM
Love the Wayne Ellington signing. I see you Perry / Mills.

They are putting a lot of pressure and expectations on Fitz and this young core.

But I think we will surprise a lot of teams....Barely make the play offs....And get lucky like NO did. Eitherway, this year will be a great learning lesson for the young guns, with great vet leadership up and down the roster. A vet PG would be nice.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/1/2019  10:53 AM
blkexec wrote:Love the Wayne Ellington signing. I see you Perry / Mills.

They are putting a lot of pressure and expectations on Fitz and this young core.

But I think we will surprise a lot of teams....Barely make the play offs....And get lucky like NO did. Eitherway, this year will be a great learning lesson for the young guns, with great vet leadership up and down the roster. A vet PG would be nice.

Doesn't he just block Dotson/Trier on a team that isn't really fit to contend. I don't really get the point.

CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2019  10:58 AM
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/1/2019  11:02 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

Who gives s sh^t about the media? Its their job to cause controversy. if you honestly believe all that then you are far more guillible and far gone than I thought lol

Awwh cmon dude, if they were singing praises you would be supporting every word.

I went back and looked at all the praises you were giving KP in OCT/NOV/DEC, funny to here how your talking about him now.

when I was pointing out my concerns of his health, fatigue and wanting to play for a winner and not signing an extension, you pretty much laughed and knock my concerns to the floor, I was raining on your parade.

Only to flip the script and side with the FO now that his gone, you did the same with phil. Anything Mills does you support..Anything.

You running think everyone is against the knicks

ES
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/1/2019  11:04 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Woj is right. This isn't sexy but this is Plan B. Plan A was swinging for the fences but Durant's achilles gave out and that basically ruined Plan A. They are building this team with a core of RJ, Mitch and Kevin. These 2 year contracts for capable, professional vets is what you need for this team. Please re-sign Kornet and Mario and I will be content.

StarksEwing1

7/1/2019  11:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  11:09 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Respect.

Awwh cmon dude, if they were singing praises you would be supporting every word.

I went back and looked at all the praises you were giving KP in OCT/NOV/DEC, funny to here how your talking about him now.

when I was pointing out my concerns of his health, fatigue and wanting to play for a winner and not signing an extension, you pretty much laughed and knock my concerns to the floor, I was raining on your parade.

Only to flip the script and side with the FO now that his gone, you did the same with phil. Anything Mills does you support..Anything.

You running think everyone is against the knicks

Another Bullsh^t reply. never supported everything Phil did. in fact I HATED The Rose trade and the Noah signing, HATED IT. I hated the returns we got for Chandler and Shumpert. Does that sound like somebody who supports everything Phil did? As for Mills I said in my previus post I HATED the THJR signing. I have liked what Perry has done. As for the media no I wouldn't care if they were positive to be honest. Rainman if you are gonna be accusing me of stuff at least have facts lol
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2019  11:09 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Woj is right. This isn't sexy but this is Plan B. Plan A was swinging for the fences but Durant's achilles gave out and that basically ruined Plan A. They are building this team with a core of RJ, Mitch and Kevin. These 2 year contracts for capable, professional vets is what you need for this team. Please re-sign Kornet and Mario and I will be content.

I think Mario went to the Blazers but I would love to see Luke back
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/1/2019  11:21 AM
arkrud wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:never underestimate the power of denial. We traded our star to which Dolan said, "this is gonna be a BIG YEAR IN FREE AGENCY!!!" We signed three guys that play the same position. Why didn't we just sign a SG to pair with THJ and CLee? This offseason reminds me of getting late to your fantasy draft and you find out your top three picks play the same ****ing postion

The denial about the state of the team as far as readiness to any significant moves this year is really out of charts.
Live is hard my man. Nothing is coming easy. And if is coming easy it slips away even easier.
Only hard road brings the joy of reaching the destination.

There is a middle ground. Losing KP and not replacing him with marquee talent hurt very much. How much of that was KP being a snake/diva or our FO just screwing up the relationship we may or may not know over time. Bottom line is in terms of building the team the KP trade was a big step back and the trade to clear cap space most certainly did not replace that talent. There are legit reasons to be plenty upset with how the team has been handled since the KP trade. Tank/draft was good but the talent didnt go post KP.

As for the guys we signed they 100% address the roster needs. Stop acting like we just signed Al Harrington, Othella Harrington and Clarence Weatherspoon.

Portis and Randle are 24. Both are trending upwards in their careers. Both represent chances to add cornerstone players. Either of those guys could take big steps forward in the next couple years. Look at Portis shooting #s. He was just under 40% from 3 last year. Randle is an eff% horse in the paint. Taj is pure muscle. Ellington a nice vet.

Sucks we whiffed on the big fish. So instead we signed guys with upside to short deals and left us flexible moving forward.

This also puts good pressure on Fizdale to produce.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2019  11:21 AM
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/1/2019  11:28 AM
does hurt that Woj gives props to the Knick's offseason
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2019  11:33 AM
fishmike wrote:does hurt that Woj gives props to the Knick's offseason

Aldridge and Marks have as well. When the noise quiets I think this will be seen as a solid offseason.
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2019  11:37 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Aldridge and Marks have as well. When the noise quiets I think this will be seen as a solid offseason.

Add Windhorst to the list.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/1/2019  11:39 AM
VDesai wrote:
blkexec wrote:Love the Wayne Ellington signing. I see you Perry / Mills.

Doesn't he just block Dotson/Trier on a team that isn't really fit to contend. I don't really get the point.

Nope....nothing wrong with a healthy competition?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/1/2019  11:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

It really was. Love the idea of adding Randle and Portis, 2 24 yr old prospects who have a chance to have break out years. The may prove to be a part of our long term plans...if not, they are on short deals.

Great job by FO!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy