[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Reggie Bullock signs 2yr 21M with Knicks
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/1/2019  9:59 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:I was trying to be optimistic but I somehow am losing my ability. What exactly are they doing?

I'll tell you what they are doing -- they are signing guys to two year contracts to replace the guys they traded away that had two years left on their contracts

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2019  10:05 AM
MS wrote:If KP is healthy they are making the playoffs.

Hardaway at 18MM looks pretty good compared to Tobias Harris right now. Honestly that trade is still perplexing. Move people when you have an actual guarantee.

Bullock is not good. Justin Holiday is a better player and was good for this team and Mills chose Ron Baker over him. Keep in mind Holiday brought back picks in a trade. Have to question this brain trust right now.

Is Hardaway going to be able to play? I think he just had a rod put in the leg he had a stress fracture in. If he didn't have a really bad injury and a really bad contract Tim would be okay. Can KP stay healthy? He tires by January. He had elbow issues that he attributed to his height and said he needed surgery before he tore his acl. Bullock is a younger, taller, cheaper Courtney Lee. The Knicks did fine.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/1/2019  11:58 AM
Chandler wrote:
nothing against reggie bullock but this signing is also puzzling. Seems like we're trying to build a team to get us out of the lottery

if the plan was to some vets around the youth, ok. But i don't buy that

it wasn't a week ago when FO was saying they won't let their newfound cash be used on second and third tier players

then we got humiliated, realized we need to get to cap floor. and whereas other teams are or have used space to absorb contracts for a pick, where using it on guys what at best get us to 30 wins, at worst consume opportunities our youth should have

the team is a disgrace; we are the dung beatles of the NBA

the reality is that, while no player wants to speak ill of NY (and hurt their marketing), the agents for anyone worth a damn don't want to send their clients here because we're clueless.

Randle and Portis are young vets, both 24, who if they pan out, could be resigned. Portis can fill in at the 5 & 4, and Randle has steadily improved.

Ellington will be 32 in November, and Gibson just turned 34...They both have something left in the tank, but I think they're here to be mentors and keep our young players grounded.

Bullock is "in his prime," and over the past 4 seasons has averaged about 29MPG. I can't believe he came here to be an end of the bench mentor. His playing time will take minutes from many of our young players, and he will probably not be here if/when this franchise turns around. He might be a good role model for our younger wings, but he's also going to want to compete for minutes

Bullock seems to be a player a playoff team might want to sign fill out a rotation, but he's a strange signing for the Knicks.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/1/2019  12:06 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:I was trying to be optimistic but I somehow am losing my ability. What exactly are they doing?

I'll tell you what they are doing -- they are signing guys to two year contracts to replace the guys they traded away that had two years left on their contracts

I raised this in another post. Except we had KP under the former

We had overpaid wings which we decided to exchange for overpaid PFs == in line with modern NBA?

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/1/2019  12:08 PM
MS wrote:If KP is healthy they are making the playoffs.

Hardaway at 18MM looks pretty good compared to Tobias Harris right now. Honestly that trade is still perplexing. Move people when you have an actual guarantee.

Bullock is not good. Justin Holiday is a better player and was good for this team and Mills chose Ron Baker over him. Keep in mind Holiday brought back picks in a trade. Have to question this brain trust right now.

agree 100%

Hardaway looked good with Budenholzer. He needs the right coach though

(5)(5)
CleaverGreene

7/1/2019  12:17 PM
fitzfarm wrote:These are good signings, bullock had some big games last year.. don’t forget we have 2 first round picks two potential lottery picks as I doubt Dallas makes the playoffs ...

Wouldn’t be shocked if we make the playoffs with this roster if Mitch and Knox make strides and dsjr shows star potential, Barrett comes out with a bang. Zo in the running for 6th man.

We make the playoffs and start a culture plus two first coming in... we need to build a winning team and when we do the media will have nothing to say when we didn’t even star phuck.

We don't get one of their 1st rounders, until 2021, and if they suck during the next year we can get one of their 1st rounders, 2023, it's top 10 protected.

If everyone on Dallas is healthy, especially KP, none of those 1st rounders is going to be that high. The new lottery system does help a bit, if Dallas just misses the playoffs, but by the 20/21 season, who knows how good they might be.

Dallas Draft notes:

2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nerlens Noel).
2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Utah Jazz (Kyle Korver, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis).
2021 — Owe first-rounder to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis).
2023 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Josh McRoberts).
2023 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2025, otherwise converts to a 2025 second-rounder) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).[/quote

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2019  12:25 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/1/2019  2:33 PM
Seems like a real solid guy, just the kind of vet we need:

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/1/2019  2:39 PM
^ whoa
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/1/2019  2:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:Seems like a real solid guy, just the kind of vet we need:

Its good to have solid veterans AND kids in here
blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2019  4:42 PM
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CleaverGreene

7/1/2019  5:25 PM
Did the Sixers have the cap room to sign a guy like Bullock?

Seems to me that his next step was to play on a contending team.

He's come a long way as a player, but what will his role be on the Knicks...and who will he take minutes from?

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

7/1/2019  7:06 PM
Sum it up,
Simply Until Knickerbockers get a RESPECTED NBA player
Who gives results No one/team coming to garden
Will respect nor fear our knicks.

That's my point

NBA a star league must!

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/2/2019  3:55 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:Did the Sixers have the cap room to sign a guy like Bullock?

He's come a long way as a player, but what will his role be on the Knicks...and who will he take minutes from?

he would easily take mins from dotson and rj at the moment

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2019  4:02 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:Did the Sixers have the cap room to sign a guy like Bullock?

I can see us moving him at the deadline. I've Lakers fans post that they wanted him back and Pistons fans where bummed out when he was traded. We had to overpay to get him here on a 1+1 deal, but he knows the deal. If we drop his minutes so RJ, Dot and Knox get playing time after All-star break, I don't see him complaining. He's being compensated well enough financially.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/17/2019  7:34 PM
Back surgery! We really are doing this guy a solid.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/17/2019  7:54 PM
CLEAVER GREENE

I think your clearly over valuing KP he doesn’t make teammates better, as well as his lack of endurance to play a whole season the guy is drained after 20 games and has proven he cant carry a team. Mark my words KP goes out with another season ending injury by game 30 mavs underwhelmed for the season with a lack of defense. End up with a top 5 pick which will end up our pick

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/17/2019  7:57 PM
fitzfarm wrote:CLEAVER GREENE

I think your clearly over valuing KP he doesn’t make teammates better, as well as his lack of endurance to play a whole season the guy is drained after 20 games and has proven he cant carry a team. Mark my words KP goes out with another season ending injury by game 30 mavs underwhelmed for the season with a lack of defense. End up with a top 5 pick which will end up our pick

Also in the stacked west they will be lucky to be a playoff team even with a healthy KP. Hardaway doncic and KP is a super underwhelming core.

Also a terrible defensive core as KP gets overmatched BY stronger players

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/17/2019  8:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2019  8:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Back surgery! We really are doing this guy a solid.
OK, so I thought maybe the Knicks did this because his agent has a couple of high profile clients the Knicks may want down the road. Here is David Bauman's client list as far as I can find:

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/David-Bauman/27

I just don't get it. Hard to imagine Bullock is going to play this season yet we decided to give him a contract anyway when we didn't have to?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2019  11:51 PM
I think it was “Cervical”, might imply they fused a disc in his neck. not as big a deal as lumbar.
Reggie Bullock signs 2yr 21M with Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy