[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dear Knicks Front Office
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2019  11:30 PM
umbisam wrote:we have lost Zion, KD and KI in just few weeks ... and we’ve lost badly & sadly, since two of them will play on the other side of the river

dear front office, it’s hard to be a Knick these days

I’ve no idea what to suggest ... humble enough to say only one more thing: “do NOT overpay for modest additions”

maybe best would be to take one year heavy contracts in exchange for some first round picks and mostly hope - on top of free agency 2020 - in a deep draft coming next year(s).... Kawhi aside

The Knicks had a 14% chance of getting Zion. They didn't lose him. KD tore his achilles. He was a Knick until that happened. The Knicks didn't chase AD. Once that happened you had to think they were not going all out to get KD and his torn Achilles.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/30/2019  11:36 PM
WTF did you guys expect? I been telling you all stop getting your freaking hope up. Expect the the unexpected if they the media is telling you something or someone is coming. Know it isn’t true. Put yourself in the players shoes and weigh the options from their perspective. Top tier answer will always be a big fat no.
blkexec
Member: #748
6/30/2019  11:37 PM
90sKnicks wrote:
If you feel you “Lost” Zion then revisit math.
If you feel we lost Kyrie then be greatful.
If we lost Durant, he was lost when he tore his heel.
Small consolation was were in his top 4. End of the day you really want a max contract with a guy sitting a year, then hopefully at 85% at the end of year two at age 33?
While I like to win, I just don’t think was “lost” here.

Well said! I've been sick as a Knicks fan for many years this century, but not today. Anyone who doesn't understand that we are undergoing our first true rebuild (the right way) is probably the reason the Knicks management often panics and signs big names to appease them.

If Durant hadn't torn his Achilles then today would have been entirely different as far as expectations of signing him and as far as real disappointment if he didn't sign.

I would have preferred 2 years for 48 million on the Randle signing instead of 3 for 63. That's the only thing that i'm disappointed with today.

Couldn't agree more with you guys. And for the fans thats killing the knicks, you're part of the problem. We now have a front office that doesn't fold to fan or media pressure / expectations. And what does this have to do with Perry and Mills? If nobody wants to come to the knicks, it's not because of the current FO. Dolan kicking Oakley out of the garden doesn't help. And I've said this for years, Dolan is the true dark horse, not Perry and Mills.

With that said, I applaud the knicks for not folding. Not a fan of Kyrie....He's like Alan Iverson, who I love. But you have to build a special team around Kyrie, Harden, Melo....all these guys who dribble the clock out and take tough shots. We don't have a team built for Kyrie. KD is injured and he's not going to be the same player. Still a top 15 player when he returns, but with our history, I'm not made at passing on KD. Not mad at passing on Kyrie.

Right now, if Kawhi wasn't coming, then build through the draft and try to strike lightning in a bottle like GS did. It's going to take a while to remove the Dolan stink from this team, where top free agents will want to play for us. Just like the Lakers....If they didn't have Lebron and AD, they would be in the same boat. Magic exposed them. But if one of our young guns turn into a star or superstar via the draft, then top tier free agents will come.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2019  12:31 AM
No picks traded. Love the Randle and Portis signings. No deals longer than two years. The Knicks are functioning like a smart franchise.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/1/2019  6:42 AM
90sKnicks wrote:
Small consolation was were in his top 4. End of the day you really want a max contract with a guy sitting a year, then hopefully at 85% at the end of year two at age 33?

Well said! I've been sick as a Knicks fan for many years this century, but not today. Anyone who doesn't understand that we are undergoing our first true rebuild (the right way) is probably the reason the Knicks management often panics and signs big names to appease them.

If Durant hadn't torn his Achilles then today would have been entirely different as far as expectations of signing him and as far as real disappointment if he didn't sign.

I would have preferred 2 years for 48 million on the Randle signing instead of 3 for 63. That's the only thing that i'm disappointed with today.

You do know by now the third year is a team option, right?

Knicks_Fan
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/1/2019  6:56 AM
CrushAlot wrote:No picks traded. Love the Randle and Portis signings. No deals longer than two years. The Knicks are functioning like a smart franchise.
Absolutely. While I am not in love with the moves. I do like the moves. Shows that we are no longer the stupid franchise making eddy curry, mcdyess type moves. All signings yesterday were short and sets us up for 2021. 2021 where we have our own pick and the Dallas pick.

Plus. This is RJs team now. We building this team around him. We got some bugs now to protect him and a shooter as an outlet.

Can't wait for summer league to start.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/1/2019  7:26 AM
everyone’s gonna have their own reactions, that’s cool. mine:

I wanted 2 or 3 guys. we got 1 - Randle. Middleton and harris stayed home for massive money. Deangelo traveled for massive money. Brogdon for whatever reason went to indiana.

Portis is a center as much as a pf. 6’11” 250, 24 y.o. 14 and 8 with 39% 3’s. Can punch a mother****er. Exactly what we need with a young foul-prone developing guy as our only other center. Taj and bullock super-competent vet backups.

I am good.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/1/2019  7:30 AM
This is triage. In a bad situation, they’ve done the best they could. Hurts to miss out on the stars. Only question now is if they’ve added value.
This is the Randle.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2019  7:31 AM
Marv wrote:everyone’s gonna have their own reactions, that’s cool. mine:

I wanted 2 or 3 guys. we got 1 - Randle. Middleton and harris stayed home for massive money. Deangelo traveled for massive money. Brogdon for whatever reason went to indiana.

Portis is a center as much as a pf. 6’11” 250, 24 y.o. 14 and 8 with 39% 3’s. Can punch a mother****er. Exactly what we need with a young foul-prone developing guy as our only other center. Taj and bullock super-competent vet backups.

I am good.

Thank you. We made space for KD....he tore his Achilles....had to go with plan B. Build around the youth.....Let RJ flap his wings as he tries to get ROY.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
7/1/2019  7:47 AM
Marv wrote:everyone’s gonna have their own reactions, that’s cool. mine:

I am good.

This

I was hoping for a combo of the same group you mentioned (plus Rozier) once KD went down. Once they started coming off the board, I’m not going to lie, I was hoping Russell, Butler and Randle would have been nice but not upset at all with the Portis signing. Always been a Gibson fan (although a bit older now).

Dont know who is still out there but would like to see us pick up a PG this off season.

rammagen
Member: #5756

7/1/2019  8:20 AM
My only issue honestly id the fact that the FO had the gall to try to sell a bad yr for Zion and 2 max cats. Period the owner even said as much in an interview. then they get cold feet on KD (Which I understand) they should have never opened their mouths and used KD in on the season ticket plan ect... or even mentioned this plan. Trading KP when you controlled his future in the NBA can be questioned as well but that is hind-site.

I want Parker as a wing player on this team then all of sudden you have a good young core all 24 or younger. Let's see where the dust will settle

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/1/2019  8:24 AM
CrushAlot wrote:No picks traded. Love the Randle and Portis signings. No deals longer than two years. The Knicks are functioning like a smart franchise.

Dude just 3 yrs ago the NETS had No cap space, no draft picks and was one of the most unattractive destination...

This is an extremely conservative FO, who have no desire to take any risk whatsoever. You can't even trade consecutive 1st rnd picks anymore ,so I'm not give them props for that, and you finally had a star that wanted to sign here, who would have brought other stars and you whiffed on him because of fear he won't be the same. A one legged KD is better than Randle, portis and taj combine..

Mills and Perry are incompetent, and Dolan is still the fckng MAN that makes everybody look bad

This is some bull sht CRUSH and deep down you know it,

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/1/2019  8:31 AM
Nalod wrote:
umbisam wrote:we have lost Zion, KD and KI in just few weeks ... and we’ve lost badly & sadly, since two of them will play on the other side of the river

dear front office, it’s hard to be a Knick these days

I’ve no idea what to suggest ... humble enough to say only one more thing: “do NOT overpay for modest additions”

maybe best would be to take one year heavy contracts in exchange for some first round picks and mostly hope - on top of free agency 2020 - in a deep draft coming next year(s).... Kawhi aside

As for all you Net haters I don’t know why your so concerned? Are you thinking if they are successful it will impact what others think of Knicks? Thats weak as hell.
Knicks will right their own story. Nets have theirs. Really, if nets fail and knicks fail you really feel that much better about the knicks?

I would like to know why things are working as they are. Not some speculation but some reality.

+1
300 million dollars. For a seriously broken All star with as many chips on his skinny shoulders as on his fingers.
And a defensive liability PG who mind fuhucked his last team before leaving.

And I'm not Net hater, just a Knick fan. If this doesn't turn out to be yet another massive cluster fuhuque for the Nets, good for them. The rivalry is dead at this point in our development anyway.

I actually feel bad for DRussell.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/1/2019  8:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  8:41 AM
90sKnicks wrote:

If thats the case then why are we not taking on salary dumps and adding draft picks?
Why are we not keeping imexpensive vets ($1m LT) instead of signing expensive vets in Gibson. Your telling me Taj is 10 times better than LT? Why are we not signing inexpensive young players? (Vonleh $5M) You will see Randle is not 4 times better than him. Bullock for $10M? Come on...

Fact is, we ****ed up deals that were teed up. Okay, lets say that's fine. Durant will go from best player on earth to a bumbling gimp. So why hand out all this salary to guys that essentially dont make us better than last year and will not be part of any future chip team. Bit that wpuld be fine if we were taking on draft picks to overpay these rentals. That is, unless you think that anyone we picked up will be part of any chip team? If so,,you haven't seen those guys play. But enjoy finding out during the regular season.
Knicks whiffed, yet again in FA. Their back up plan should have been deals like GS offered for Iggy. Or keep the same team as last year and get another top 3 pick. Instead they knee jerked to save face and signed a bunch of over paid bums with the space cleared dumping KP because they **** that relationship out of NY.

But I guess guys will,keep spinning to get by. Maybe an intervention will help.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Marv
7/1/2019  8:44 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:

If thats the case then why are we not taking on salary dumps and adding draft picks?
Why are we not keeping imexpensive vets ($1m LT) instead of signing expensive vets in Gibson. Your telling me Taj is 10 times better than LT? Why are we not signing inexpensive young players? (Vonleh $5M) You will see Randle is not 4 times better than him. Bullock for $10M? Come on...

Fact is, we ****ed up deals that were teed up. Okay, lets say that's fine. Durant will go from best player on earth to a bumbling gimp. So why hand out all this salary to guys that essentially dont make us better than last year and will not be part of any future chip team. Bit that wpuld be fine if we were taking on draft picks to overpay these rentals. That is, unless you think that anyone we picked up will be part of any chip team? If so,,you haven't seen those guys play. But enjoy finding out during the regular season.
Knicks whiffed, yet again in FA. Their back up plan should have been deals like GS offered for Iggy. Or keep the same team as last year and get another top 3 pick. Instead they knee jerked to save face and signed a bunch of over paid bums with the space cleared dumping KP because they **** that relationship out of NY.

did u watch the 2nd half of the season? understandable if u didn’t given how they were playing. but if u did u would have aeen that vonleh was godawful, totally figured out and nothing like the surprise he was the 1st half. and lt? r u serious?? so glad for the massive upgrades.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/1/2019  8:51 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Hofstra.

He's right; if this was supposed to be about the future it could have and should have been played a lot better by snagging assets

this smacks of desperation of a FO and CS being spurned (their best trait was supposedly to make the team an attractive destination). they want to add some wins to keep their jobs

nothing against the players; they're all nice but expensive for what you're getting and totally inconsistent with last week's "process"

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/1/2019  9:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2019  9:05 AM
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:

did u watch the 2nd half of the season? understandable if u didn’t given how they were playing. but if u did u would have aeen that vonleh was godawful, totally figured out and nothing like the surprise he was the 1st half. and lt? r u serious?? so glad for the massive upgrades.

Yes I did. Have you seen Randle play? Would rather have a guy over achieving for half the year and getting paid $1 million than a giving a guy like Randle, who plays like a league minimum guy, 21M X 2. This is the guy that teams are salary dumping and offering draft picks. Amd your missing my point, Vonleh ability is not the point.

Are you saying that Randle, and his type of game, will be a part of a chip team? If not, than why sign him? I would have been perfectly happy with waiting a few days after missing out on 1st tier, taking on salary dumps that give us more draft picks, taking a chance at young one year deals (like last year) and watching our young core figure things out. Worst vase is we gain draft picks and gain another lottery appearance.

Your still giving Mills too much credit and not enough blame. He knee jerked after missing and should have had a better back up plan. Picked up deala like Iggy plus 3 future 1sts.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/1/2019  9:14 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:

Yes I did. Have you seen Randle play? Would rather have a guy over achieving for half the year and getting paid $1 million than a giving a guy like Randle, who plays like a league minimum guy, 21M X 2. This is the guy that teams are salary dumping and offering draft picks. Amd your missing my point, Vonleh ability is not the point.

Are you saying that Randle, and his type of game, will be a part of a chip team? If not, than why sign him? I would have been perfectly happy with waiting a few days after missing out on 1st tier, taking on salary dumps that give us more draft picks, taking a chance at young one year deals (like last year) and watching our young core figure things out. Worst vase is we gain draft picks and gain another lottery appearance.

Your still giving Mills too much credit and not enough blame. He knee jerked after missing and should have had a better back up plan. Picked up deala like Iggy plus 3 future 1sts.

You can't be surprise at what THIS FO has accomplished so far this offseason..

This FO will never BUILD a championship team, so all you can do is wait until they are replaced..

The FIRE chants will surely start this season

ES
umbisam
Member: #3796

7/1/2019  10:13 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:

worst outcome possible ... if Knicks want to grow they need [at least] a star to join in, lead the young team around and attract more stars to share the journey, year after year

we are never at year 1 ... always at year 0 [ZERO]

now, we'll be looking at 2021 for hope ... once again, Knicks management has delivered a tragic outcome

dear Front Office ... this is New York ... not a fishermen village ...

if you'r unable to perform, go fishing

Marv
7/1/2019  11:17 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:

yeah i don't agree with this at all.

as we know, very few lottery picks become superstars. I'd venture to say that if dsj, frank, knox or barrett improved every year in the league and put up randle numbers of 21 ppg and 9 rpg on 56% efg in their 4th years, we'd be beyond thrilled and would be maxing them. but because randle isn't perfect and isn't a superstar and wasn't our lottery pick, grabbing him at a great price was a bad move to you.

this isn't last year. fiz isn't being told to go get zion while we wait for kp. we're not loading the roster with washouts on 1-year contracts. we're playing to build a young winning team that will then be in a position to have much more flexibility and leverage to make moves to move up to contender level.

Dear Knicks Front Office

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy