[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/13/2019  9:30 PM
And to think some people said RJ was a ball hog and the guy is a really good passer and playmaker.
Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/13/2019  11:04 PM
Knicksfan wrote:And to think some people said RJ was a ball hog and the guy is a really good passer and playmaker.

That's what makes it frustrating when he goes into "Mamba Mentality." He seems more comfortable with the pick and roll now, but he was consistently missing simple reads the first two games.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

7/13/2019  11:30 PM
21 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists...I thought he was a bust....
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/13/2019  11:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2019  11:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:And to think some people said RJ was a ball hog and the guy is a really good passer and playmaker.

That's what makes it frustrating when he goes into "Mamba Mentality." He seems more comfortable with the pick and roll now, but he was consistently missing simple reads the first two games.

Young players are often anxious to establish themselves, especially high picks. Props to Barrett for figuring things out so fast, 10 assists, very nice!

blkexec
Member: #748
7/14/2019  12:36 AM
Marv wrote:
blkexec wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Looks like RJ is hushing a lot of his critics lately. Kid looks relaxed and doing a little bit of everything

Yep....I said RJ might be the best player on Duke, when he was in college. I saw exactly what we saw today. But more importantly, he had no fear in college, even with Zion on his team. And in crunch time, Coach K put the ball in RJ's hands. Zion deferred to RJ as well. Those were qualities I saw in college. When we fell to 3 in the draft, it reminded me of KP all over again. We wanted the #1 pick, but RJ has the same potential if not more than Zion. And RJ is a gym rat that wants to be the best....With mentors that will sharpen him up like a pencil throughout his career. I love how he slowed down his pace, and his vision is better than I thought.

wow. rj playing like last year’s #3. Don’t need that explosion when you’re skilled, crafty and smart.

Give it time.....It takes a while b4 those NBA drugs kick in. When they do, he will have more explosiveness and his career will lead to greatness.....Mamba Style.

But b4 we get ahead of ourselves....hes still an average NBA player, with playmaking skills that can bring a team together and uplift the skill set of others, like knox.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/14/2019  7:06 AM
KnickDanger wrote:21 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds...I thought he was a bust....

Fixed it 🙂

Knicks_Fan
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/14/2019  1:11 PM
KnickDanger wrote:21 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists...I thought he was a bust....
Guys coming out and saying that stuff after two games... its just so stupid and part of the internet message forum fun. This kid is gonna be great. How great? Who knows... but we got high end talent and that is a nice start for once.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/14/2019  2:11 PM
Anyone have a link to the summer league player rankings? I am interested to see how the other rookies did.
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/14/2019  2:26 PM
fishmike wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:21 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists...I thought he was a bust....
Guys coming out and saying that stuff after two games... its just so stupid and part of the internet message forum fun. This kid is gonna be great. How great? Who knows... but we got high end talent and that is a nice start for once.
Yeah, I never understood people's desire to say they were the first to proclaim that a player sucks. Need to give it time both ways. Way too early to say he'll suck, but way too early to proclaim him a future star.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/14/2019  7:36 PM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Yeah, I never understood people's desire to say they were the first to proclaim that a player sucks. Need to give it time both ways. Way too early to say he'll suck, but way too early to proclaim him a future star.

I see nothing wrong with trying to predict someones future. It's called being a sports fan. What I don't give credit for is saying someone sucks based on current stats. I give credit for the opposite. When everybody was down on RJ and riding Zion's wagon, I was one of a few fans saying RJ might be better than Zion, back in college. I guess being a knicks fan for so long, I like rooting for the underdog. And RJ never got his credit, living in Zion's shadow.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/14/2019  8:48 PM
blkexec wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I see nothing wrong with trying to predict someones future. It's called being a sports fan. What I don't give credit for is saying someone sucks based on current stats. I give credit for the opposite. When everybody was down on RJ and riding Zion's wagon, I was one of a few fans saying RJ might be better than Zion, back in college. I guess being a knicks fan for so long, I like rooting for the underdog. And RJ never got his credit, living in Zion's shadow.

I think he'll be better than Zion at some point, to be honest.

Zion's perimeter shot looks terrible. Guys are going to jab and back up on him, keep him off balance, and dare him to shoot. He will get his fast break points, but teams are going to figure him out and find ways to mess up his head in the half-court game.

When I see him hitting midrange jumpers with consistency and showing a turn abound jumper against a lengthy opponent, I'll reevaluate my opinion.

I never thought he was the generational player some thought he was, and I was pissed that we didn't get the #1 pick for some time, until I realized that I was hesitant to draft Zion at #1.

We'll see.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/15/2019  4:38 AM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think some knick followers (and I call them followers rather than fans, because they sure don't seem to root for the team), just seem to relentlessly campaign for everyone to say that the entire team is trash, all their decisions are trash, the coach is trash, all their young players are trash, they have no hope and their future will be one of failure. But also they should make the playoffs and win multiple series and attract all the top FAs.

It's like that with anything you like- tv shows, music- you go online to discuss it with fellow fans, only to discover the boards and sites are filled with people saying everything about the tv show or music is trash. I always think if you genuinely believe it, why waste your time following something you think is so s***- find a better use of your time.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/15/2019  7:57 AM
Not a relevance there but old tale was when Wilt Chamberlin played the Rucker one year (he was Philly/Baker league guy” and he pinnned someone’s shot. Might be been “Helicopter Heinz” (much shorter but a leaper) and said “Welcome to the NBA”, Soon after the little dude pinned Wilts bank shot and said “Welcome to Harlem MuthaPhucker”.

ONe of the Morris Brothers will test Zion or some other player. Its still the law of the jungle out there were guys are vying for money and pride. Zion’s hops do give much to the imagination of what could be. Lebron and Michael were athletic freaks but until their shot developed they were limited and would have worn themselves out.
Zion does possess a unique tool chest of skills in the open court and so strong to pass out. He can be very dangerous rebounding and creating high tempo transition. Wes Unseld at 6-7 and a monster was HOF and the back bone of the Baltimore/Washington teams that eventually won a chip by the end of the 70’s. Zion has the handle to start the break. Massive tool to have. Add the open court passing acumen and we starting to add things up. His shot has a long way to go.. Its an awkward quick release and I don’t think he elevates much with it. was it Mitch who blocked him on the perimeter? That might have never happened to him before.

I can’t predict his career success but he is such an unusual talent and one we might not have seen before. Thats why the hype and excitement. I doubt it might not be year one.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

7/15/2019  8:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2019  9:03 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think some knick followers (and I call them followers rather than fans, because they sure don't seem to root for the team), just seem to relentlessly campaign for everyone to say that the entire team is trash, all their decisions are trash, the coach is trash, all their young players are trash, they have no hope and their future will be one of failure. But also they should make the playoffs and win multiple series and attract all the top FAs.

It's like that with anything you like- tv shows, music- you go online to discuss it with fellow fans, only to discover the boards and sites are filled with people saying everything about the tv show or music is trash. I always think if you genuinely believe it, why waste your time following something you think is so s***- find a better use of your time.

I truly don't get this. Look, we don't need to be super homer boys and ignore that the last 20 years of Knickdom were primarily a shat show -- but whether one likes the decisions and moves of the current FO or not you would need to have a nasty agenda to not admit things are being done differently. In the past couple of months they were excoriated on a daily/hourly basis with no regard to possible positives -- seriously. I could not listen to sports talk radio in the FA aftermath because it was beating that dead horse back to life then death again (other than Joe Benigno and Alan Hahn to my ears -- who interestingly were slammed in yesterday's Daily News by Bob Raissman for leading a "soft" media response to "Knicks Chaos." What stations is he tuned into?). It peaked for me last week when watching ESPN after the second summer league game some clown was ranting about how the Knicks in RJ had drafted another bust after "striking out" in free agency. I have to believe that these schmucks can't really believe what they're saying but are simply stoking the trendy Knicks-hate fire. Hell, the Knicks were raked across the coals for not winning the lottery! Like I said I don't get it but it seems to be how it is now -- only rooting for the first place team is acceptable.

Having said that I am excited to see RJ develop along with Mitch and Knox and maybe a couple among DSJ, Frank, Dotson, Trier, Iggy, Wooten at al. To see how Randle and the new FAs play out. I am glad we have a FO doing things differently -- flexible contracts/cap space going forward, all our first rounders plus, and what seems to be becoming a good drafting record. Do I think we're going to the finals? Naaah -- but I'm sure glad we're not cap strung with a gimpy KD and nutty Kyrie minus most of our assets. Nothing against the Nets, but I envision these same imbeciles jumping off their bandwagon soon enough and onto ours. Yuck -- but that's the way it goes these days.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/15/2019  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2019  11:07 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I truly don't get this. Look, we don't need to be super homer boys and ignore that the last 20 years of Knickdom were primarily a shat show -- but whether one likes the decisions and moves of the current FO or not you would need to have a nasty agenda to not admit things are being done differently. In the past couple of months they were excoriated on a daily/hourly basis with no regard to possible positives -- seriously. I could not listen to sports talk radio in the FA aftermath because it was beating that dead horse back to life then death again (other than Joe Benigno and Alan Hahn to my ears -- who interestingly were slammed in yesterday's Daily News by Bob Raissman for leading a "soft" media response to "Knicks Chaos." What stations is he tuned into?). It peaked for me last week when watching ESPN after the second summer league game some clown was ranting about how the Knicks in RJ had drafted another bust after "striking out" in free agency. I have to believe that these schmucks can't really believe what they're saying but are simply stoking the trendy Knicks-hate fire. Hell, the Knicks were raked across the coals for not winning the lottery! Like I said I don't get it but it seems to be how it is now -- only rooting for the first place team is acceptable.

Having said that I am excited to see RJ develop along with Mitch and Knox and maybe a couple among DSJ, Frank, Dotson, Trier, Iggy, Wooten at al. To see how Randle and the new FAs play out. I am glad we have a FO doing things differently -- flexible contracts/cap space going forward, all our first rounders plus, and what seems to be becoming a good drafting record. Do I think we're going to the finals? Naaah -- but I'm sure glad we're not cap strung with a gimpy KD and nutty Kyrie minus most of our assets. Nothing against the Nets, but I envision these same imbeciles jumping off their bandwagon soon enough and onto ours. Yuck -- but that's the way it goes these days.

Good take.

As for Nets stealing the show.....that's correct. The media show. The starphuch nature of a "win" disregarding the on court improvement.
I don't hate on Nets like some do, and its not for me to day its cool or not, My take is they do what they gotta do and knicks do theirs. Nets made playoffs and need starpower to boost attendance. Kyrie is a very exciting player and Durant in year two and beyond if healthy can provide a huge boost on court.
Knicks make up is not the same and there is no valid correlation to say the teams are the same, and thus Knicks "Lost". The media had knicks getting Durant all along. Seems in retrospect there are a lot of things missing to all of this we don't know about. if so, then perhaps one day we get it.
Knicks seemed locked and loaded June 30th. Dolan had said it was going to be a big summer. Other than that I don't hold them that responsible for leading us astray.

I will say that if team did sign a big name for the buzz or a heavy weight trade and it failed in traditional knick history it would have fatigued many fans. Thus im fine with the slow rebuild and in time a trade will present itself that makes sense. Make a plan and stick to it. Doing a deal in response to the Nets moves would be silly.

masud
Member: #2442

7/19/2019  1:28 PM
Anyone know where I can find copy of the last game against Washington?
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
7/19/2019  3:04 PM
masud wrote:Anyone know where I can find copy of the last game against Washington?

Thankfully there are quite a few sites , just do a google search for NBA HD replays.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/19/2019  4:45 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
masud wrote:Anyone know where I can find copy of the last game against Washington?

Thankfully there are quite a few sites , just do a google search for NBA HD replays.

If you have the ESPN app it might still be available on demand.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy