[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/11/2019  1:03 PM
Missed the game, but it sounds like Barrett is gradually improving. Glad he will have some positives to take out of the experience.
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/11/2019  1:06 PM
Mitch's transformation has been great to watch- look at his first interview, to how he handles the media today- I remember people thought he had a learning difficulty when we first signed him:

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/11/2019  1:07 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Missed the game, but it sounds like Barrett is gradually improving. Glad he will have some positives to take out of the experience.

yeah i'm coming out of sl feeling real good about rj and brazdiddy.

GustavBahler

7/11/2019  1:11 PM
Marv wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Missed the game, but it sounds like Barrett is gradually improving. Glad he will have some positives to take out of the experience.

Love the diamonds in tbe rough, the scouting dept has been finding. Mitch, Braz.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/11/2019  1:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Marv wrote:

Love the diamonds in tbe rough, the scouting dept has been finding. Mitch, Braz.

allonzo too.

GustavBahler

7/11/2019  1:13 PM
Marv wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Marv wrote:

allonzo too.

True

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/11/2019  1:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2019  1:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:man, I just wish RJ had more athleticism.

His strength and euro-step may get him places but it just feels like he can't explode to the basket. Or vertically. And maybe he has a long stride but not a super quick first step to get by people. And even in open space it looks like it takes him a long time to get downhill.

You can develop a quicker first step. Did it in my late 20s. I practiced launching myself out of the blocks, so to speak. Over and over again. After a while it really helped. Understand we are talking about the NBA, still confident Barrett can get at least a little faster, with some focused training

Here is a video from a former scout in the RJ thread. He pointed out that RJ was being tentative, dancing around with the ball, when seams appeared. You can get away with that in college, but you have to be more decisive in the NBA. He pointed to Brazzers, who was effective going to the hole despite so-so athleticism. He doesn't hesitate, he just goes strong.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

7/11/2019  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2019  1:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

His strength and euro-step may get him places but it just feels like he can't explode to the basket. Or vertically. And maybe he has a long stride but not a super quick first step to get by people. And even in open space it looks like it takes him a long time to get downhill.

You can develop a quicker first step. Did it in my late 20s. I practiced launching myself out of the blocks, so to speak. Over and over again. After a while it really helped. Understand we are talking about the NBA, still confident Barrett can get at least a little faster, with some focused training

Here is a video from a former scout in the RJ thread. He pointed out that RJ was being tentative, dancing around with the ball, when seams appeared. You can get away with that in college, but you have to be more decisive in the NBA. He pointed to Brazzers, who was effective going to the hole despite so-so athleticism. He doesn't hesitate, he just goes strong.

Thanks, phone is running slow, hard to watch, but I agree that Barrett is going to have to make quicker decisions. Believe when he knows some of the tendencies of his teammates, and the players he will be going up against (scouting them), things will get easier. The fact that he didnt get phased by the poor start, and has been gradually improving speaks to his drive.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/11/2019  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2019  3:02 PM
I honestly think that RJ was just rusty and pressing the first two games. His rebounding has been consistent the whole summer league. His free throw shooting has been much better. His chemistry with Mitch is something t look forward to. he has show the ability to the go the hole pretty well, even going to his right the past couple games. I know there are some that want him to be more explosive but I have never been a huge believer in explosiveness always making you more effective. I think RJ is crafty in his approach. Iggy is really making me excited. If he becomes another 2nd round steal like Mitch that is tremendous. I liked what I saw from Knox. Yes he can be out of control sometimes and his shot selection especially from 3 can be annoying sometimes but I think he is gonna have a good 2nd year.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/11/2019  3:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:Mitch's transformation has been great to watch- look at his first interview, to how he handles the media today- I remember people thought he had a learning difficulty when we first signed him:

One of my favorite transformations so far. I was truly scared he was going to be so shy and closed that it was gonna affect his development but its really great to see him enjoy himself out there, have fun and feel so confident about who he is. Definitely one of the stories that could go under the radar but whatever the Knicks decided to do with him has really paid of.

Knicks_Fan
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/11/2019  4:23 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

You can certainly work on explosiveness. but that's not the only way to get "quicker". You can also work on not signaling your intentions.

Back a long time ago when I used to practice Jiu jitsu we used to practice throwing a first punch (not for power) but to merely make contact unblocked. And key things were not flinching, or tightening a muscle, looking a certain way etc. so that the opponent could anticipate your strike and block it. there are analogies to be made in hoops in taking a big first step to get your opponent on your hip

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG

7/12/2019  4:32 PM
Knicks play a consolation game tonight lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
7/12/2019  8:33 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Knicks play a consolation game tonight lol

What time?????

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
7/12/2019  8:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2019  8:41 PM
blkexec wrote:

What time?????

The only knicks game I see is tomorrow at 6pm against wizzards

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/07/12/summer-league-2019-tournament-schedule-official-release

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG

7/12/2019  10:01 PM
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

What time?????

The only knicks game I see is tomorrow at 6pm against wizzards

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/07/12/summer-league-2019-tournament-schedule-official-release

My bad. Misread the schedule. Sorry for the fake news.

LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
7/13/2019  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2019  1:48 PM
Tacko Fall is real deal! This monster is 7`7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEhDJxAWlk
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/13/2019  1:52 PM
Yeah I wanted us to sign him.
Knicks_Fan
GustavBahler

7/13/2019  5:12 PM
Might be getting ahead of myself, but I already bought a Knicks consolation prize victory
T-shirt.
GustavBahler

7/13/2019  5:23 PM
LegendD wrote:Tacko Fall is real deal! This monster is 7`7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEhDJxAWlk

Boston should play the Godzilla theme song for Tacko, during the player introductions. If I were that tall, would kind of like it. Like the introductions to a championship fight.

Watching Fall dunk flat footed was something else. Please dont develop a vertical! Looking forward to seeing matchup vs. KP. KP is faster, but he really hasnt faced many players of this height and reach. Dont know if Tacko can block 3s like Mitch though.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/13/2019  6:04 PM
good ball movement to start!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy