[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2019  9:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Thanks for posting this....I watched a ton of CBB last year and there are some pretty good prospects that went undrafted or went very late...

Zach Norvell =Lakers
Tyus Battle = Twolves
Shamorie Ponds = Houston
Aric Hollman = Lakers
Aubrey Dawkins = N.O

Dont watch a lot of college bball. We'll see if Trier comes back looking to get his teammates more involved. We have guards who can pass and score now. Who are also competing for minutes next season.

Despite the nickname, Iso Zo proved that can pass the rock...he and Robinson probably have the best chemistry on the team as they hooked up for some highlight reel alley oops...He has the ability to pass but he is mos def a scorer first in the mold of Lou William's and Jamal Crawford.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/24/2019  7:55 AM
Trier, Barrett, Knox, Robinson. Good shot to win the tourney. Maybe a little profile booster if they do. Perception of the upcoming young talent on the team?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2019  6:25 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/25/2019  10:41 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Thanks for posting this....I watched a ton of CBB last year and there are some pretty good prospects that went undrafted or went very late...

Zach Norvell =Lakers
Tyus Battle = Twolves
Shamorie Ponds = Houston
Aric Hollman = Lakers
Aubrey Dawkins = N.O

Dont watch a lot of college bball. We'll see if Trier comes back looking to get his teammates more involved. We have guards who can pass and score now. Who are also competing for minutes next season.

Despite the nickname, Iso Zo proved that can pass the rock...he and Robinson probably have the best chemistry on the team as they hooked up for some highlight reel alley oops...He has the ability to pass but he is mos def a scorer first in the mold of Lou William's and Jamal Crawford.

lol Uptown, he didnt get the name "Iso Zo" for his passing. All you had to do is throw the ball in Mitch's zip code, and he would flush the ball through the hoop. Hoping to see Iso Zo sharing the rock more next season. Not just with Mitch.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/25/2019  10:42 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/25/2019  10:53 AM
Do we think the starting lineup is:

C Robinson F Knox F Brazdeikis G Barrett G Trier ?

Trying Trier at PG maybe since Barrett will be a ball handler too.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/25/2019  11:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2019  11:42 AM
Knixkik wrote:Do we think the starting lineup is:

I don't expect Mitch or Knox to play more than two games. Zo seems like a maniac, so he might want to play like Nate did back in the day. But really, he has nothing to prove in SL. SL is made for guys like RJ, so I'm expecting impressive numbers. But he's expected to play for Canada, so it might not make sense to run him throughout SL.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/25/2019  11:45 AM
Knixkik wrote:Do we think the starting lineup is:

Agree that Barrett should start at SG. Know Fizdale likes to try players at different positions. Would rather see Barrett settle into the 2 spot, asap. Make that position his from the start. Get right down to business.

Trier could use the time at PG, might encourage him to move the ball more. Was watching a replay of a Duke game last weekend, was impressed with the quality of entry passes Barrett threw to cutters, bigs.

Thats why Im encouraged about a backcourt with Barrett. Having a PG and a SG who can make pin point passes should open up the offense. Can also blow by defenders as well, when the D gets stouter. Why I believe a DSJr/Barrett backcourt has potential. In the meantime, agree that Trier might benefit from some time at PG.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/25/2019  1:49 PM
As a former shot blocker, I have a soft spot for Kenny Wooten. Just watch some of his highlights. He's a 6'9 mini Mitchell Robinson. Perfect rim protector coming off the bench, when MR sits.

If MR or Kenny Wooten can develop an offensive game, it's over. Back to the no layup rule of the 90's. This dude swats blocks like he's playing volley ball....His timing and instincts are excellent.

I would give him a partial contract now....Even as the worst player on the team, there's always room for someone like him, with high defensive IQ. Especially on this young team, which has more offensive minded players. And at 6'9 with Mitchell Robinson bounce. DSJ or any guard on the fast break will have fun throwing lobs to these dudes.

1 blocks...the other catches a lob...all in one possession. Mark my words. This dude's a sleeper.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
6/25/2019  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2019  1:51 PM
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/25/2019  1:57 PM
blkexec wrote:As a former shot blocker, I have a soft spot for Kenny Wooten. Just watch some of his highlights. He's a 6'9 mini Mitchell Robinson. Perfect rim protector coming off the bench, when MR sits.

If MR or Kenny Wooten can develop an offensive game, it's over. Back to the no layup rule of the 90's. This dude swats blocks like he's playing volley ball....His timing and instincts are excellent.

I would give him a partial contract now....Even as the worst player on the team, there's always room for someone like him, with high defensive IQ. Especially on this young team, which has more offensive minded players. And at 6'9 with Mitchell Robinson bounce. DSJ or any guard on the fast break will have fun throwing lobs to these dudes.

1 blocks...the other catches a lob...all in one possession. Mark my words. This dude's a sleeper.

I won't lie, I'm intrigued by the signing too. He'll end up in the G-League, hopefully on our team, but I like his physical tools. Good replacement for that guy we had from UNC.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/25/2019  2:44 PM
blkexec wrote:As a former shot blocker, I have a soft spot for Kenny Wooten. Just watch some of his highlights. He's a 6'9 mini Mitchell Robinson. Perfect rim protector coming off the bench, when MR sits.

Ohh! Good post man. That program is about defense and this guy has some motor. So a few points.. his athleticism is off the charts and his physical profile mirror's Ben Wallace. Wooten is a bit taller at 6'9 and both have 7 foot + wingspans (Wooten measured 7'2 )

Also there is a potential need/fit with our current frontcourt pieces. I am sure Luke will be back. He's an excellent passer. He's an excellent shot blocker. He's *got* a good shot, but has been inconsistent there. I see real value in Kornet as a role player and his ability to stretch the defense makes him a great pairing with Wooten.

Obv these guys are crazy young and raw but you have two sets of uber athletic rim protecting duos in the frontcourt
Robinson/Knox
Kornet/Wooten

That is a nice blanket for guys like RJ/DSjr/Trier who are scorers first and everything else 2nd.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
6/25/2019  3:20 PM
fishmike wrote:

Ohh! Good post man. That program is about defense and this guy has some motor. So a few points.. his athleticism is off the charts and his physical profile mirror's Ben Wallace. Wooten is a bit taller at 6'9 and both have 7 foot + wingspans (Wooten measured 7'2 )

Also there is a potential need/fit with our current frontcourt pieces. I am sure Luke will be back. He's an excellent passer. He's an excellent shot blocker. He's *got* a good shot, but has been inconsistent there. I see real value in Kornet as a role player and his ability to stretch the defense makes him a great pairing with Wooten.

Obv these guys are crazy young and raw but you have two sets of uber athletic rim protecting duos in the frontcourt
Robinson/Knox
Kornet/Wooten

That is a nice blanket for guys like RJ/DSjr/Trier who are scorers first and everything else 2nd.

I'm trying not to be that knick fan who over hypes fringe NBA players, who may or may not make it in the NBA. But if Ben Wallace can do it, anybody can. Hes built like Denis Rodman...Let's hope he has a big enough chip on his shoulder...Summer league could make or break him.

Love the pairing of Kornet and Wooten...

martin
USA
6/25/2019  3:39 PM
CrushAlot
USA
6/25/2019  4:09 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Robinson/Knox
Kornet/Wooten

I'm trying not to be that knick fan who over hypes fringe NBA players, who may or may not make it in the NBA. But if Ben Wallace can do it, anybody can. Hes built like Denis Rodman...Let's hope he has a big enough chip on his shoulder...Summer league could make or break him.

That is a great pairing. Watched some videos of him and his athleticism is off the charts. He gets compared to Jordan Bell a lot.
CrushAlot
USA
6/25/2019  4:15 PM
martin wrote:
They need to sign him and start playing exhibition games at the dome again.
martin
USA
6/25/2019  4:36 PM
blkexec
6/25/2019  4:48 PM
Whats interesting is NBAdraft.net compares Wooten to Joel Bolomboy. I have no idea who this was, so I searched on Joel and he's compared to Kevin Willis. Whats interesting is Joel's overall score is 90 and Wooten is 85. But Wooten has a high potential score of 8 and Joel is 6.

Based on this data and NBA comparison, Joel seems like a nice gem with high potential, as a defensive force, with enough agility to guard pick and role.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/kenny-wooten
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/joel-bolomboy

blkexec
6/25/2019  5:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2019  5:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
They need to sign him and start playing exhibition games at the dome again.

This is the type of player LA would love to have. He's cheap and he can shoot. Glad he chose the Knicks. With our G league success, we are starting to make a name for ourselves on player development, with a real chance at getting a call up to the big leagues.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/26/2019  12:37 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Robinson/Knox
Kornet/Wooten

THis is the time of year to be THAT Knick fan

I am with you. Its not really that I am excited about Wooten as a prospect. I am not. Everything screams bit/bench player or maybe role player and that is IF he hits his upside. What I like is the type of player he is, and the impact having him around will have. He will push more talented players on both sides of the ball. This is a guy you want in practice every day. Its a good culture add.

That being said if the other guys are difference makers guys like Wooten drive opponents crazy. I just like the trends I see in the players we scout and are adding.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Summer League (next game Weds 7/10 at 930pm ET on MSG)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy