[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kawhi will consider Knicks... and Nets (and other teams)
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/17/2019  11:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  11:49 AM

We don't have a hope in hell, but I'll have nervous breakdown if he goes to the Nets with Kyrie It's actually a good option for him now Lebron has taken back LA with the AD trade, in fact the more I think about it, the more the Nets seems like Kawhi's type of team

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/17/2019  12:40 PM
there are a lot of wild cards

With the Nets there is the SA connection -- not sure if that's a plus or minus

With the Knicks we have to worry about what Gasol did or didn't say about Fizzdale

Lakers I don't see happening; Clippers definite maybe

Kawhi is my #1 choice; I have always liked him, but have so much respect for him from this year, both the way he plays and conducts himself. Not that I expect NYK to land him (because other teams just seem to be more desirable landing spots ATM -- starting with Toronto), if we do I will be super impressed with the FO, coaching staff for the sales job that will be needed.

On a related note, I think Toronto is a super smart organization; it will be tough for Kawhi to leave that gig. It has a certain SA vibe in terms of balanced team play but their coach is less egotistical; Also, whereas the SA teammates were reportedly pressuring him to return sooner, the Toronto teammates are giving him all the space in the world to make his next decision -- smart on their part

(5)(5)
smackeddog
6/17/2019  12:50 PM
Chandler wrote:there are a lot of wild cards

With the Knicks we have to worry about what Gasol did or didn't say about Fizzdale

Kawhi is my #1 choice; I have always liked him, but have so much respect for him from this year, both the way he plays and conducts himself. Not that I expect NYK to land him (because other teams just seem to be more desirable landing spots ATM -- starting with Toronto), if we do I will be super impressed with the FO, coaching staff for the sales job that will be needed.

On a related note, I think Toronto is a super smart organization; it will be tough for Kawhi to leave that gig. It has a certain SA vibe in terms of balanced team play but their coach is less egotistical; Also, whereas the SA teammates were reportedly pressuring him to return sooner, the Toronto teammates are giving him all the space in the world to make his next decision -- smart on their part

I just don't get what we have to offer Kawhi- doesn't seem interested in fame or a big stage, we don't have any winning team mates for him, I'd hate to be Perry and Mills trying to make some sort of pitch!

Chandler

6/17/2019  1:18 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I just don't get what we have to offer Kawhi- doesn't seem interested in fame or a big stage, we don't have any winning team mates for him, I'd hate to be Perry and Mills trying to make some sort of pitch!

I personally think Kawhi is very driven. I can imagine him being up for the challenge, even if it's just personal gratification (not glory seeking). I also think he's super smart and can only imagine him taking our offer if he feels like our FO, talent etc. I don't think he'll demand instant success

Toronto is a good gig, but a lot of their best guys are getting old

(5)(5)
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/18/2019  1:27 PM
I did not see any reason why he would select the Knicks over his other options. Unless his goal is to find the biggest challenge in the largest market, there is nothing we offer that would compare to the other four teams mentioned
Trust the Process
smackeddog
6/18/2019  1:36 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I personally think Kawhi is very driven. I can imagine him being up for the challenge, even if it's just personal gratification (not glory seeking). I also think he's super smart and can only imagine him taking our offer if he feels like our FO, talent etc. I don't think he'll demand instant success

But if he want's the challenge of rebuilding from scratch he can just join the Clips

TLover
Member: #381
USA
6/18/2019  2:38 PM
Even if KD & Kyrie sign with the Nets Kawahi would be the King of NY if he plays for the Knicks.

Clippers played above expectations last season but will likely lose one of their heart & soul players to free agency in Patrick Beverly.

Kawhi fits perfect with the Knicks as the veteran leader (at only 27)and allows Kevin Knox to play the 4 which will suit him better.

Chandler

6/18/2019  3:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

But if he want's the challenge of rebuilding from scratch he can just join the Clips

Fair enough. I'd like to think winning for Knicks should matter more than winning for LA's other team. Objectively the Clips seem like a nicer landing spot but I have fingers and toes crossed that Kawhi decides on NY. He's a slightly lesser version of Lebron in his prime -- without the mega-ego and drama. All around game, at times unstoppable and plays big in crunch time all over the court. He imposes his will. I have a man-crush on him

(5)(5)
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/18/2019  3:22 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Does Kawhi want endorsements? I don't see him in any commercials.

That is the only thing I think we could offer him - is the ultimate media market that could raise his profile to be closer to on par with Lebron, KD, etc.

MS
Member: #724
6/18/2019  3:45 PM
Depends on what type of team the Leonard wants to play with. At $74.6MM in space we could use the second max on veterans. Depending on what Leonard wants we can give every veteran a player option.

The Knicks could draft Barret and then use the remaining cap room on players like Milshap (12MM) Beverly (8MM) Green (8MM), Jordan (8MM) if Kawhi needs veterans.

Beverly/Frank/Trier
Green/DJSR/Dotson
Milshap/Barret
Leonard/Knox
Robinson/Jordan

There is creativity we can use to fill the roster out with playoff caliber talent and mix it with our youth.

Chandler

6/18/2019  3:59 PM
MS wrote:Depends on what type of team the Leonard wants to play with. At $74.6MM in space we could use the second max on veterans. Depending on what Leonard wants we can give every veteran a player option.

The Knicks could draft Barret and then use the remaining cap room on players like Milshap (12MM) Beverly (8MM) Green (8MM), Jordan (8MM) if Kawhi needs veterans.

Beverly/Frank/Trier
Green/DJSR/Dotson
Milshap/Barret
Leonard/Knox
Robinson/Jordan

There is creativity we can use to fill the roster out with playoff caliber talent and mix it with our youth.

I like the idea of meeting with him and asking him who he wants. Talent knows talent

(5)(5)
smackeddog
6/18/2019  4:31 PM
Chandler wrote:
MS wrote:Depends on what type of team the Leonard wants to play with. At $74.6MM in space we could use the second max on veterans. Depending on what Leonard wants we can give every veteran a player option.

Beverly/Frank/Trier
Green/DJSR/Dotson
Milshap/Barret
Leonard/Knox
Robinson/Jordan

I like the idea of meeting with him and asking him who he wants. Talent knows talent

But clips can do exact the same thing (if they move gallo). I don’t get what our unique selling point would be.

MS
Member: #724
6/18/2019  6:34 PM
BK is BK.

New York is New York.

While the Clips can do that, the Lakers have 2 of the 7 best players in the league, the dodgers the rams etc.

NYC has nothing right now. He becomes the biggest star in the biggest city. He chooses all his veteran teammates. clips would have to clear out some folks. We can go through players with him.

But, agree The Knicks don’t offer anything.

Ira
Member: #91
6/18/2019  6:41 PM
A long shot, but there's a chance. We should know soon.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2019  6:49 PM
Kawhi full of Drama last season.
Fiz from what I have read is liked.
Durant was rumored here, what did he want?

Where did Kawhi come to rehab??

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/18/2019  7:43 PM
MS wrote:BK is BK.

New York is New York.

While the Clips can do that, the Lakers have 2 of the 7 best players in the league, the dodgers the rams etc.

NYC has nothing right now. He becomes the biggest star in the biggest city. He chooses all his veteran teammates. clips would have to clear out some folks. We can go through players with him.

But, agree The Knicks don’t offer anything.

I think you are forgetting a certain pinstriped bunch, but the point remains that whoever comes here becomes a star in a city really hungry for that in the basketball court and in general.

Knicks_Fan
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/18/2019  7:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  7:45 PM
Obviously, Kawhi isn't going to join what he believes to be a garbage organization, but he also doesn't seem to be the type looking for a stacked squad either. He seems like the type looking for a solid organization in a city he would enjoy living in and an opportunity to try and contribute to making a team a winner. I see the Clips checking all of the boxes but I wouldn't rule out the Knicks. Definitely a very long shot, but hey, so that means we have shot?
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/18/2019  8:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  8:08 PM
whoever comes to ny and wins will FOREVER be a legend. Kawhii has proven that he can carry a team maybe not to the Lebraon level but he can do it. I think Leonard wants NY. He has an inner fire and NY is the greatest challenge.

NY with and Barret/ja and Kawhii is a much better team. SUrround hime with a couple of vet shooters and there is hope. I thnk DJ needs to be back for sure and Vonleh, to support Mitch and Luke and Knox.

My dream is KD and Kawhii, I am not giving up on it, until it is impossible. BUt KAwhii gets to choose his running mate...whatever he wants...whatever.

Kawhi will consider Knicks... and Nets (and other teams)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy