[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Julius Randle would look REALLY good next to Mitch
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
7/3/2019  9:27 AM
I'm not going to hate on THJr. He was a solid Knick - he just never was on the team under the right circumstances. By the eye test, he put in work to round out his game and it showed. I hope he does well in Dallas, and I hope KP bombs there. *shrug*

Basically the entire Knick machine looked better when KP was healthy and scoring, but superstar KP only lasted for less than half a season. We've seen many a team start hot with 12-3 starts only to fall back to earth and miss the playoffs. THJr got hurt relatively early last year too, so we didn't get an extended look at KP/THJr.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/3/2019  10:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2019  10:13 AM
“Alongside Randle’s shooting is his ability to pass and create on the floor.

Last season, the Knicks tried several dual point-guard lineups in an effort to get more creation on the floor. Now, with the addition of Randle, Pelicans teammate Elfrid Payton, and rookie wing R.J. Barrett on the roster, the Knicks have two additional players who can move the ball and find open shooters.

With a career 15.4 assist rate and an 3.1 assists per game last season, Randle has shown the ability to find the open man when the ball is in his hands. That ultimately means that New York could put new wing players Wayne Ellington and Reggie Bullock on the floor, and Randle could find them to help create space on the floor.

Randle’s ability to find open players also removes pressure off of Dennis Smith Jr. in an important season for the third-year guard. Lineups with Smith and Randle together would offer Smith a strong offensive threat to lean up, as well as another creator who could continue to move or re-establish the offensive if need be.

Taking a peek NBA.com’s passing tracking data, Randle mostly found himself passing to the Pelican point guards—Jrue Holiday, Elfrid Payton and Tim Fraizer. He also found Darius Miller a ton, resulting in Miller shooting 42% from three-point range on Randle’s passes. Someone like Ellington, Bullock, or even Damyean Dotson could be said beneficiaries of Randle’s passing.

In an offseason pivot, the New York Knicks ultimately added a quality big man in Julius Randle. While Randle comes with his own defensive woes, his offensive prowess takes pressure off of his fellow teammates. His passing, namely to point guards and open wings, will benefit several players on the roster, while his budding ability to space the floor could create a solid balance for New York’s offense.

As the Knicks attempt to navigate keeping a clean cap sheet for a star player pivot and adding talent to win games, Julius Randle is a perfectly fine player who could assume a larger role in October, thanks to his multidimensional offensive game.”

-Quentin Haynes

once a knick always a knick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2019  10:11 AM
misterearl wrote:“Alongside Randle’s shooting is his ability to pass and create on the floor.

Last season, the Knicks tried several dual point-guard lineups in an effort to get more creation on the floor. Now, with the addition of Randle, Pelicans teammate Elfrid Payton, and rookie wing R.J. Barrett on the roster, the Knicks have two additional players who can move the ball and find open shooters.

With a career 15.4 assist rate and an 3.1 assists per game last season, Randle has shown the ability to find the open man when the ball is in his hands. That ultimately means that New York could put new wing players Wayne Ellington and Reggie Bullock on the floor, and Randle could find them to help create space on the floor.

Randle’s ability to find open players also removes pressure off of Dennis Smith Jr. in an important season for the third-year guard. Lineups with Smith and Randle together would offer Smith a strong offensive threat to lean up, as well as another creator who could continue to move or re-establish the offensive if need be.

Taking a peek NBA.com’s passing tracking data, Randle mostly found himself passing to the Pelican point guards—Jrue Holiday, Elfrid Payton and Tim Fraizer. He also found Darius Miller a ton, resulting in Miller shooting 42% from three-point range on Randle’s passes. Someone like Ellington, Bullock, or even Damyean Dotson could be said beneficiaries of Randle’s passing.

In an offseason pivot, the New York Knicks ultimately added a quality big man in Julius Randle. While Randle comes with his own defensive woes, his offensive prowess takes pressure off of his fellow teammates. His passing, namely to point guards and open wings, will benefit several players on the roster, while his budding ability to space the floor could create a solid balance for New York’s offense.

As the Knicks attempt to navigate keeping a clean cap sheet for a star player pivot and adding talent to win games, Julius Randle is a perfectly fine player who could assume a larger role in October, thanks to his multidimensional offensive game.”

-Quentin Haynes

Love it

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/3/2019  10:24 AM
Are we fully tapped out on cap space and roster space? I just read that Pau Gasol is still around and is "fully recovered" from whatever ailments he had last year. He's a FA.
If we signed him, even a 38 year old Gasol would help transform us into a playoff team. Not sure he'd want to do that, though. We might be too young for him and too far away... though I think a lot of these players seem to enjoy being under the big lights of NYC during the twilight of their careers.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/3/2019  10:39 AM
technomaster wrote:Are we fully tapped out on cap space and roster space? I just read that Pau Gasol is still around and is "fully recovered" from whatever ailments he had last year. He's a FA.
If we signed him, even a 38 year old Gasol would help transform us into a playoff team. Not sure he'd want to do that, though. We might be too young for him and too far away... though I think a lot of these players seem to enjoy being under the big lights of NYC during the twilight of their careers.

I would like Hollis-Jefferson at this point. Good guy to take a chance on. He's a big-time role player if he just gets an average three point shot.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2019  10:47 AM
technomaster wrote:Are we fully tapped out on cap space and roster space? I just read that Pau Gasol is still around and is "fully recovered" from whatever ailments he had last year. He's a FA.

He should pull a Rolo and join his brother. Dude is 38 coming off foot injury and hasn't been productive in years.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/3/2019  11:05 AM
misterearl wrote:“Alongside Randle’s shooting is his ability to pass and create on the floor.

-Quentin Haynes

Earl... great read and great find. Thanks for this man
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/4/2019  12:53 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/4/2019  2:18 PM
fishmike wrote:

-Quentin Haynes

Earl... great read and great find. Thanks for this man

I second that! This was a smrt thread and the more I read and see about Randle the more I like him. Defense is weak, we know that but...maye a little Mitch and Taj can cover his weaknesses.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/5/2019  8:30 AM
martin wrote:

He should pull a Rolo and join his brother. Dude is 38 coming off foot injury and hasn't been productive in years.

Agreed. His role now is a tall yoda

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/5/2019  4:52 PM
Have to wonder if the plan is to play Randle a lot at C:

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/5/2019  4:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:Have to wonder if the plan is to play Randle a lot at C:

Good find...Fiz loves the kid, no doubt. I'm sure he'll get some mins there as he, Portis and Gibson are all interchangeable.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/5/2019  6:24 PM
smackeddog wrote:Have to wonder if the plan is to play Randle a lot at C:

Interesting. I think he still starts at 4 probably with Mitch at 5, but depending on matchups he gets his time at 5 along with Portis.

Knicks_Fan
Julius Randle would look REALLY good next to Mitch

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy