[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Julius Randle would look REALLY good next to Mitch
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/17/2019  9:40 AM
Randle is very mobile. Not the best from 3... last year was the first he really added the shot but he showed promise.
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

Will be costly... this will likely require an investment.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/17/2019  10:17 AM
would be very nice, hopefully,HOPEFULLY, the other young-ins show improvement; mitch at center, he at pf, knox at sf( hopefully improved) rj at sg and dsj at pg is a nice young core get backups like dj etc we moving a good direction
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/17/2019  10:18 AM
fishmike wrote:Randle is very mobile. Not the best from 3... last year was the first he really added the shot but he showed promise.
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

A couple concerns that i have; with Randle and mitch you have 2 limited shooters. That's not a great idea with Smith, Barrett, and knox all being streaky. Also, most teams committing long-term to good but not great bigs start to have buyer's remorse i.e. Capela. Randle is good, but my concern is his price tag will exceed his actual value without great shooting or defense. I would rather keep Mitch as the lone big man and add a pure shooter at the 4 (or 3 with Knox playing the 4.) The way the league is, it's better to load up on shooters and athletic wings than clog the paint with scoring bigs.

Knixkik
USA
6/17/2019  10:19 AM
dacash wrote:would be very nice, hopefully,HOPEFULLY, the other young-ins show improvement; mitch at center, he at pf, knox at sf( hopefully improved) rj at sg and dsj at pg is a nice young core get backups like dj etc we moving a good direction

Not 1 player in that lineup shooting more than 34% from the 3. Unless 2 of those guys suddenly become lights out shooters, thats a big problem.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/17/2019  10:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  10:42 AM
Why not just stick with Kornet and MR. Kornet is able to spread the floor and plays well defensively. MR and Kornet compliment each other well.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/17/2019  10:45 AM
Knixkik wrote:
dacash wrote:would be very nice, hopefully,HOPEFULLY, the other young-ins show improvement; mitch at center, he at pf, knox at sf( hopefully improved) rj at sg and dsj at pg is a nice young core get backups like dj etc we moving a good direction

Not 1 player in that lineup shooting more than 34% from the 3. Unless 2 of those guys suddenly become lights out shooters, thats a big problem.

thats why i said HOPEFULLY, its just a nice young core to go with, hopefully improvements every year and they will be nice

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/17/2019  10:49 AM
fishmike wrote:Randle is very mobile. Not the best from 3... last year was the first he really added the shot but he showed promise.
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

what kind of deal are we talking? 20M per, 4 years?

Any deal is a gamble, but I like what Randle did last year, and it bodes well moving forward.

He'd be a nice signing, especially if we could keep some of our own FA (Vonley, Mudiay, Mario).

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/17/2019  11:07 AM
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

He’s the guy I’ve been clamoring for if the superstars fall though. Or even as a 3rd piece through trade. He is similar to a Siakam from Toronto. Ability to handle shoot rebound create for others. Was a top 5 pick himself. Only 24 and will get better at those things he does well. He doesn’t need plays called to produce. But can fill in that go to role for the Knicks as the other young guys develop. Main thing will be price. Paying him like he is a superstar and the Knicks featured player would be a Knicks of past move. He got 9mil last season then added the 3. I think doubling that 9mil with the added 3 is the correct price range.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
6/17/2019  11:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  11:13 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

He’s the guy I’ve been clamoring for if the superstars fall though. Or even as a 3rd piece through trade. He is similar to a Siakam from Toronto. Ability to handle shoot rebound create for others. Was a top 5 pick himself. Only 24 and will get better at those things he does well. He doesn’t need plays called to produce. But can fill in that go to role for the Knicks as the other young guys develop. Main thing will be price. Paying him like he is a superstar and the Knicks featured player would be a Knicks of past move. He got 9mil last season then added the 3. I think doubling that 9mil with the added 3 is the correct price range.

Siakam is a multi-positional defender. Randle is not a good defensive player. That's not a fair comparison. He's a more athletic Kanter.

fishmike
USA
6/17/2019  11:22 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

A couple concerns that i have; with Randle and mitch you have 2 limited shooters. That's not a great idea with Smith, Barrett, and knox all being streaky. Also, most teams committing long-term to good but not great bigs start to have buyer's remorse i.e. Capela. Randle is good, but my concern is his price tag will exceed his actual value without great shooting or defense. I would rather keep Mitch as the lone big man and add a pure shooter at the 4 (or 3 with Knox playing the 4.) The way the league is, it's better to load up on shooters and athletic wings than clog the paint with scoring bigs.

Why is Randle a limited shooter? Most of his shooting is "keep them honest" type shots because yes, he surely is a slasher but he and Mitch are not a Monroe/Drummond type combo. Both are very fast athletic guys. Spacing may or may not be a problem but neither are plodders. This would be one of the more athletic fronts I think.

I like Randle's mostly offensive skill set balancing Mitch's mostly defensive and both are well above average. Randle's scoring is VERY eff% and he's no ball hog. Would fit in nicely. Defense is an issue but this is a very talented productive player to bring into the mix. Fills a need as well as we are a very low FG% team

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/17/2019  11:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  11:29 AM
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

These are the options that are available to us and what we need to take advantage of...We have to commit some of cap space anyway, as to meet NBA requirements, so why not grab young players with great potential. This is the type of innovation we need, but that the same time, we cant tie-up all of our money in these type of investments.
We need to keep space open to absorb expiring contracts attached to draft picks.

With that said, I like Randle a lot. Love him coming out of college. He is a dawg and plays with the type of aggression and attitude that helps give a team an identity/ Randle, Trier, DSJ, Mitch and RJ all have that dawg in them. sign me up.

newyorknewyork
6/17/2019  11:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

Siakam is a multi-positional defender. Randle is not a good defensive player. That's not a fair comparison. He's a more athletic Kanter.

He isn’t a stopper but he isn’t a weak defender either. His defensive grades weren’t bad at all this last season last time I checked. He has way quicker feet, better ball handling ability, court vision and shooting ability than Kanter. He is way more skilled all around than Kanter as well as more athletic. He has more tools to work positively in a defensive scheme. If he was a defensive stopper as well then he would be worth 30mil. Siakam is stronger defensively but Randle is a stronger offensive player due to his post skills and more developed arsenal.

fishmike
USA
6/17/2019  11:32 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

neither Siakam or Kanter are good comparisons.

This part was true tho:

Ability to handle shoot rebound create for others.

Thats the thing. 21ppg, 9rebs and 3 assists shooting 52%+ is fantastic when you consider he moves the ball and is very active and athletic. He turns 25 next year.

Randle and Russell would not be my first choice. However adding a couple high end scorers who are 23/25 to the rebuild is a very good next step.

fishmike
USA
6/17/2019  11:33 AM
Vmart wrote:Why not just stick with Kornet and MR. Kornet is able to spread the floor and plays well defensively. MR and Kornet compliment each other well.

because Kornet sucks and is a bench role player and has shown nothing the says he's an NBA starter. That being said I love him and hope he's back but lets be realistic about his role
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/17/2019  11:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  11:39 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:Why not just stick with Kornet and MR. Kornet is able to spread the floor and plays well defensively. MR and Kornet compliment each other well.

because Kornet sucks and is a bench role player and has shown nothing the says he's an NBA starter. That being said I love him and hope he's back but lets be realistic about his role

Randle is gonna get you to the promise land I’ll start fitting everyone for a championship ring. Your the epitome of desperation. Kornet brings as much to the table as Randle. By the way what does randle bring that Vonleh can’t. Come on man the grass isn’t greener with this one. Costly player who will do nothing but make the situation worse.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/17/2019  11:39 AM
I'd rather have a better shooter at the PF spot, especially if Mitch isn't able to develop one.

Also- do you still want Randle if we end up signing KD, or is he a fallback option?

fishmike
USA
6/17/2019  11:44 AM
smackeddog wrote:I'd rather have a better shooter at the PF spot, especially if Mitch isn't able to develop one.

Also- do you still want Randle if we end up signing KD, or is he a fallback option?

total fall back. Assume we whiff on KD/Kawhi/etc... We need to REALLY upgrade the talent level of this roster. Not sure I see the upside of 1 year deals and I dont think another tank season where we take contracts for assets is feasible either.

With Mitch, 3rd pick, $75mm in cap space and some OK young players I think you need to have some kind of core moving forward next year.
Russell and Randle represent a lot of firepower coming on the roster at age 23/25.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/17/2019  11:44 AM
newyorknewyork
6/17/2019  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  11:49 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nice handle for a big
Very good rebounder
Great in the open floor
Highly athletic
Ball mover
Turns 25 next year

neither Siakam or Kanter are good comparisons.

This part was true tho:

Ability to handle shoot rebound create for others.

Thats the thing. 21ppg, 9rebs and 3 assists shooting 52%+ is fantastic when you consider he moves the ball and is very active and athletic. He turns 25 next year.

Randle and Russell would not be my first choice. However adding a couple high end scorers who are 23/25 to the rebuild is a very good next step.

The Siakam comparison was more about them being able to grab the rebound and handle and attack into the paint from the 3 point line out. But I can see how comparing them as a whole my throw people off. Though they do a lot of things similar.

One of the things I like about him the most is he produces basically EVERY game. Its very rare he has a game where he doesn't produce. Night in and night out you can count on him to produce. He can produce whole game #s in 1 quarter *when he gets hot*.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/17/2019  11:50 AM
Just posted this vid in the FA thread, thought it would make more sense here...

Julius Randle would look REALLY good next to Mitch

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy