[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The anti starphuch support group......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/16/2019  10:50 PM
I’d plead to make this a sticky as we need to reread this post often to remind ourselves The path to greatness is not on Starphuch BLVD. sort of a “break glass and read Incase of emergency!

I can live with a future uncertain and the process of acquiring assets over a long time.
Not sure what plan “A” but often in life you can’t control everything. Durant still might an option but our timeline just went out another year. If he was smart and confident he opts back in for another year with GSW. It really helps us. We can decide in 12 months.

I’ll repeat my mantra: “Luck is when opportunity and preparation collide”. Our time is not to trade the farm for a big name YET. Maybe this takes a few more years. More players, more opportunities and luck will happen. This is not the same old knicks, so post this and commit it to memory!!

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019/6/16/18679305/the-knicks-wont-sign-or-trade-for-a-star-this-june-you-should-feel-good-about-that

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

6/16/2019  10:58 PM
Look, we have to get over the one-size-solution-fits-all.

The FO should use every avenue they can to continuously and consistently improve the talent on this team. There's nothing wrong in concurrently developing youth AND nurturing a winning culture. You need more than youthful enthusiasm to win games.

Nalod
USA
6/16/2019  11:17 PM
fwk00 wrote:Look, we have to get over the one-size-solution-fits-all.

The FO should use every avenue they can to continuously and consistently improve the talent on this team. There's nothing wrong in concurrently developing youth AND nurturing a winning culture. You need more than youthful enthusiasm to win games.

I agree, I’m not down for a respeat of last season but then no two seasons can be the same.

For all we know the FO might have some very intense plans. Or not.
It might have involved things beyond their control and thus won’t play out.
All I know is its wide open. Next few weeks will be interesting, or not.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/17/2019  2:25 AM
I'm in.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/17/2019  6:15 AM
Why is it smart if for him to opt in another year if teams are willing to still give him the max?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
6/17/2019  8:07 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Why is it smart if for him to opt in another year if teams are willing to still give him the max?

From his perspective “competitively”, not financially he can see how perhaps potential destinations align themselves. Let’s assume the prognosis is good for a full or near full recovery. He can see how knicks roster shapes up and even see where we draft in 12 month.

Financially he gets 4 years on top of this year, so he can get paid 5 years.
Knicks might even want to wait to see how his recovery goes.

Seemingly there were media reports “3 teams” would be interested in signing him. And that was overnight!! We can talk all we want as fans but “really??”.

For example we read today knicks really never were seriously in the hunt for Davis. Totally cool with this BTW. Lakers did what they needed to do and perhaps can sign Kyrie or Walker and build around that Trio.

Not us:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/16/why-the-knicks-backed-off-their-anthony-davis-pursuit/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/17/2019  8:48 AM
Nalod wrote:I’d plead to make this a sticky as we need to reread this post often to remind ourselves The path to greatness is not on Starphuch BLVD. sort of a “break glass and read Incase of emergency!

I can live with a future uncertain and the process of acquiring assets over a long time.
Not sure what plan “A” but often in life you can’t control everything. Durant still might an option but our timeline just went out another year. If he was smart and confident he opts back in for another year with GSW. It really helps us. We can decide in 12 months.

I’ll repeat my mantra: “Luck is when opportunity and preparation collide”. Our time is not to trade the farm for a big name YET. Maybe this takes a few more years. More players, more opportunities and luck will happen. This is not the same old knicks, so post this and commit it to memory!!

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019/6/16/18679305/the-knicks-wont-sign-or-trade-for-a-star-this-june-you-should-feel-good-about-that

My favorite part of that article...

"Typical Knicks would have been Durant sitting out Game 5, signing here next week and tearing his Achilles next preseason. Typical Knicks would be trading the farm for Davis after signing Durant, then after KD was lost being stuck watching AD and Kadeem Allen for six months with no first-round pick at the end of it. Typical Knicks would mean pairing Durant alongside Kyrie or Kemba Walker, KD going down and watching one of those guards miscast as a max-salaried lead option. That a Knick plan could go as catastrophically wrong as it did Monday in Toronto, yet they still have roster flexibility, youth and upside, a ton of draft picks and all the cap space in the world is delightfully atypical."

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/17/2019  10:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  10:13 AM
KD tearing his achilles before hitting free agency was a total blessing for the knicks. Better to do it with warriors than for us in training camp

BUT

I'm afraid our fans, media and front office are dumb enough to ignore our good fortune and sign his broken down old as$ anyway

Nalod
USA
6/17/2019  10:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  10:41 AM
anrst wrote:KD tearing his achilles before hitting free agency was a total blessing for the knicks. Better to do it with warriors than for us in training camp

BUT

I'm afraid our fans, media and front office are dumb enough to ignore our good fortune and sign his broken down old as$ anyway

True. I tend to think if he rested and healed this summer he would not have torn the heel in a knick uniform?
The guy has been iron the last few years. So I don't think he would have torn it as a knick.
But this is tough business and things change in a moment.
If Kyrie and Durant are not a tandem and Kyrie heading to Brooklyn does D'angelo Russell AS A FREE agent provide a great value for us. Naturally if he can play up to a contract he can remain a trading asset down the road as well.
No trade, just a signing. Makes the KP trade all worth it. Its like we drafted him, and dumped the contracts and got two picks. Would set things well.
Then sign Julius Randle. Not sure whats up with him. This short contract thing has me thinking he is a motivation risk. If so I'd just as soon pass. If not then what is his market?

Miami might have a shot at Jimmy Butler. They are in cap hell. Riles wants to double down with Jimmy. Whiteside makes 27mm. Ryan Anderson like 19MM? He has to make it so worth our while. Its a good deal for him if he can. This is how you get lucky? Plant seeds for future picks and enough will germinate into something special.

KnickDanger

6/17/2019  10:54 AM
anrst wrote:KD tearing his achilles before hitting free agency was a total blessing for the knicks. Better to do it with warriors than for us in training camp

BUT

I agree completely -- but it is my hope that while bipolar fans and the weaselly media do what they do our current front office is smart enough and courageous enough to not be pressured into the stupid splash moves.

Nalod
USA
6/17/2019  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  11:52 AM
KnickDanger wrote:

BUT

I agree completely -- but it is my hope that while bipolar fans and the weaselly media do what they do our current front office is smart enough and courageous enough to not be pressured into the stupid splash moves.

Funny we have to applaud the adults for a change. Really we are seeing normalcy in the post Dolan Meddle era. I appreciate what Phil had in his head. Too bad the weed clouded the execution. Other than Noah, There were not epic disasters. In time he as correct about Rose returning to form and to trade KP. Jury is still out on frank but its not looking good.

If Mills/Perry have bought clarity to the theme then even better.
Video of Frank has a different look to it. Kid looks a few pounds heavier. If we have the cap space and all things being equal I'd just as soon see another season and see how it turns out. If his trade value is low, then its just not a risk to keep him. If we landed our AAA free agents and go into contender mode perhaps he'd get moved for cap.

Im still hoping for a Kawhi/D'angelo signing. Then you trade Frank.

KnickDanger

6/17/2019  1:06 PM
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

BUT

Funny we have to applaud the adults for a change. Really we are seeing normalcy in the post Dolan Meddle era. I appreciate what Phil had in his head. Too bad the weed clouded the execution. Other than Noah, There were not epic disasters. In time he as correct about Rose returning to form and to trade KP. Jury is still out on frank but its not looking good.

If Mills/Perry have bought clarity to the theme then even better.
Video of Frank has a different look to it. Kid looks a few pounds heavier. If we have the cap space and all things being equal I'd just as soon see another season and see how it turns out. If his trade value is low, then its just not a risk to keep him. If we landed our AAA free agents and go into contender mode perhaps he'd get moved for cap.

Im still hoping for a Kawhi/D'angelo signing. Then you trade Frank.

Agree with everything. Didn't take into account the weed factor with Phil :) . And Noah played pretty okay last year (jerk) and Frank still has a shot. And we have all our #1 picks going forward....

BTW -- According to the NY Post the Knicks never got beyond the most preliminary discussions on Davis even though the Knicks were one of his 2 preferred teams. Supposedly there was never any thought they could meet the Pelicans' demands in terms of assets. That makes me feel pretty good -- that the FO isn't going to gut the team because of pressure from the dimwits.

Nalod
USA
6/17/2019  1:21 PM
Knicks1248, please digest this.

From 2013......

MV: A few days before training camp you changed general managers; why do that so close to the start of camp? Did something change from the start of summer to the end?

JD: I didn’t time it, per se, like that. I’m surprised other folks were surprised about this. The general manager’s work doesn’t really occur at that time of year. If you’re going to change general managers that’s probably the right time to do it. The next available trade date is Dec. 15. You’ve just finished free agency and all that. It’s a lull period. The timing didn’t really have much to do with that. It was more about an initiative I have going on with both teams that I hired McKinsey & Company [a Manhattan-based global management consulting firm] for, because as I’ve gotten to look at both our organizations, it’s become apparent that we really need to reprocess both teams. We were using a lot of — not old, but “classic” methods and now with technology, and what’s available to a team to help improve, I didn’t think we were taking advantage of those things.

https://nypost.com/2013/11/22/james-dolan-dishes-on-isiah-his-garden-teams/#content-wrapper

Dolan few months after this hires Phil. We understand the intent but maybe Dolan needed PHil to commit to staying away. Just a guess.

Remember we had Melo, we resigned melo and delayed the enevitable. We also had one pick in the next three years.
So if you recall Phil had limited resources to draft. He likely had to resign melo, who at age 29 was still ok. To pair him with Rose and Noah not to win a chip, but at least return to some respectable way until we could rebuild under the surface. Was not a plan that succeeded. But this marks the turn of not mortgaging the future.

The anti starphuch support group......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy