CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/15/2019  9:17 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Only Knick fans would rather have Mitchell, Frank & Knox instead of A. Davis

Well, the Lakers are A Davis to a team with a Lebron. That’s worth it for them. Wed have to give them all of our assets and it’d be Davis with no help and then he could leave at the end of the year. If we had a contender ready to add Davis to, great. We are so far from that it’s not really worth dumping everything we have that has any value.

This. He would be gone in a year. He wanted LA.

Agreed...good trade for the Lakers when you consider what happened to GS. The west is wide open. Lakers got LeBron so they are swinging for the fences...go gamble by them.

I agree. If DLo ends up in Utah I think the west could be really interesting.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/15/2019  9:24 PM
L
ekstarks94 wrote:We would have had a stronger offer...on the pick side we could have thrown 5 on the table

Scratch the earlier statement....Lakers git raped...we could not beat this...maybe the Donny Walsh regime...not Ninja P

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/15/2019  9:26 PM
dodged a bullet for sure. I'd see if I could trade for #1 with NO. You never know.
CrushAlot
USA
6/15/2019  9:30 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:L
ekstarks94 wrote:We would have had a stronger offer...on the pick side we could have thrown 5 on the table

Scratch the earlier statement....Lakers git raped...we could not beat this...maybe the Donny Walsh regime...not Ninja P

Wow. This was a great trade for Nola. If Ingram is healthy I think he will thrive in a new environment, same with Ball.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/15/2019  9:44 PM
Pick swaps for 7 years?? Lebron is probably limited to 3 more seasons after which Zion is entering Optimus prime mode and lakers picks are there for the taking.
Where’s that vid of Magic saying “I’m not gonna be here” again?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/15/2019  9:51 PM
Just imagine how many picks we would of had to give up lol. Thank God Perry is sticking to his word
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/15/2019  9:57 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
PresIke wrote:Great...more likely we'll suck for longer and or sign a gimpy 31 year old KD to come back at 33 because he can shoot.

Looking forward to RJ killing it in summer league and being hailed an all-star immediately. Wait...didn't that happen last summer with Knox? Was I dreaming???

Being a Knicks fan is more a burden than an enjoyment for you, right.

Can’t blame you. We’ve made awful moves in the past. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Practically. I haven't given up, but I cannot have any kind of reasonable faith in a draft pick with major question marks by scouts, in THE DRAFT, and a weak one at that in terms of top tier talent outside of Zion, a setting that is not likely to garnish a superstar, which IS as far as I understand THE determining factor in success in the NBA. OF COURSE RJ COULD BE A VALUABLE "ASSET." But you're not being honest about real concerns about his game from some scouts.

We thought KP was it, and then he became gimpy, questionable as the future and then it turns out a sellout.

I'm not wrong to say fans were salivating over Knox last summer. If I found what I wrote it was the same as now and yet I'm the right one and yet still "debby downer?" Not saying we shouldn't have faith, as maybe it will happen. We'll get lucky.

Really GS was LUCKY in their own rights. Building a title winning team seems to be partially about luck as much as it is about smart moves and patience. I do have more hope in the current leadership than the past, but the KD injury has thrown everything I had faith in in to beyond turmoil. That was the MFin plan.

The basketball gods send a lot of messages of hate and it's been for at least 2 decades now, and arguably more if you want to throw our successful period of "almost" in there as well during the Ewing and late Ewing era.

I just am tired of reading over-excitment about things that we should be reluctant about, and dismisal of things that happen that I deem quite catastrophic (Lebron to MIA, KP injury, KD injury) and this time when we REALLY seem to be doing things right.

I am supposed to have faith in signing KD?? Who in their right mind thinks that's not extremely risky??? Only our fans who are so desperate for hope and have to be to stick around so long.

I'm still a fan, but this summer seems like a major ****storm of pain once again. The NBA don't love us.

Dont believe the jury is out on Knox, especially since he finished the season strong, was rookie of the month at one point before he hit the rookie wall.

If Knox had stunk from start to finish I would get the pessimism. Lets see how he does next season.

Dude, he's not strong enough. That should improve, he doesn't rebound, and he is a black hole.

He dropped off A LOT from the heights our fans held him up as after SL. Am I lying?

Not lying, not accurate. Knox was having trouble holding on to the ball, was getting stripped on takes to the rim. By the end of the season, he was attacking from different angles, his numbers fg pct improved ,AND he was sharing the rock more.

Youngest (or second) player in the league. Knox had a green light to be a scorer. Once he started figuring out things it made it easier for him to share the rock because he was a threat.

Knox looks like he is getting in NBA shape, already has a good looking 3. Not promising anything of course, but I believe Knox is going to come back a more well rounded player. We'll see.

I hope you're right. We need one of our young players to turn things around. We need a D'Angelo Russel turn around from someone. Knox could be it. I'm rooting for him 100%, no doubt.

As I said during the season, Knox did exactly what he should have done. This was a rebuilding/Lotto season. Knox came into the league very raw. The only way Knox is going to become a threat is reps, and lots of them. This was the perfect time for Knox to get plenty of reps. Fizdale gave him the green light.

There were stories about how teammates were PO'd at Trier because of his ball stopping. Didnt hear anything like that about Knox. My guess is that his teammates knew he had a lot of work to do on his takes to the rim. Once Trier established that he didnt need any more work on his drives, he still was mostly ISO Zo. Once Knox got that part of his game down, the game started to slow down for him, made it easier to find teammates.

Trier was more efficient throughout the season. He had a poor stretch but it was following an injury. Knox is younger, but Trier was given slack somewhat, in what I believe others and I saw, because our guard play and creativity from there was so poor.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

6/15/2019  9:57 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Just imagine how many picks we would of had to give up lol. Thank God Perry is sticking to his word

So what's left for the Knicks?

ekstarks94

6/15/2019  9:58 PM
There were two trades to be had...either make this trade or Lebron was going to ask for a trade
CrushAlot
USA
6/15/2019  10:00 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Just imagine how many picks we would of had to give up lol. Thank God Perry is sticking to his word

If they want to trade for a star? Bradley Beal. Not sure they should go there but the package would be smaller and part of the motivation would be for the Wiz to drop salary. The Knicks may sign KD and there is a rumor that KD and Kyrie are still discussing hooking up with one of the NY teams.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/15/2019  10:12 PM
martin wrote:

Thank god, trading for a PF/C would of been a ridiclious move

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
PresIke
USA
6/15/2019  10:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  10:21 PM
1 for sure, 2 probably, and possibly 3 more years of trash lies ahead. Maybe Mitch becomes a superstar, while our past forever haunts us.

Rationalization of what things are like for us: Enjoy "the growth" of young players that have quality, but mostly rated less highly as our fans rate them

Reality: Watch out for the Nets growing into the team for the new NY each year even if we have a better more dedicated, yet OLDER, fanbase.

I know...way to see things is stay the course, "accumulate assets" (Welcome to being an NBA fan...one of the least friendly leagues to casual fandom for understanding team construction) and "wait" for when "the next NBA star" asks to be traded.

I see more and more why fans follow the good teams or just players and why teams are secondary. It happens in a lot of sports globally now unless you follow a team like the Lakers who get what they want due to fame. We came close to this with KD, so that's something, but next summer is a complete joke for free agency as we kow so not sure how that's going to work for us at all. So 1-2 more seasons of mediocrity at best, baring a trade of "assets" hence why we're apparently willing to sign KD still.

It's a spin job on a very sad situation that basically means I am more in the go young and suck, yet questions about the new NBA lottery system makes that more complicated. Grapple with all that and it's just too difficult to really come to a fair understanding of what makes most sense. I don't envy Perry and Mills at all right now.

PresIke
USA
6/15/2019  10:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  10:17 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:

bottom of the bin for 2 more seasons or desperation leading to 5-8 seed for an undetermined length. Enjoy!

PresIke
USA
6/15/2019  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  10:22 PM
Trading for Beal to maintain relevance with fans is a more distinct reality now.
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

6/15/2019  10:27 PM
No doubt the FA season for the Knicks has again turned into a nightmare. But maybe that's a good thing and stay away from KD. If we draft Barrett we will be fine. Add a few above average players with all that money and we should have a very good season with draft picks and money for the future!
ekstarks94

6/15/2019  10:27 PM
PresIke
USA
6/15/2019  10:33 PM
Key details: "Twitter is on fire"
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/16/2019  2:03 AM
Frank and #3 for Ingram and #4 do you do it?
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
USA
6/16/2019  2:06 AM
TPercy wrote:Frank and #3 for Ingram and #4 do you do it?
Absolutely but Ingram could be the prize of that trade. I think he blossoms away from LBJ.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/16/2019  2:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TPercy wrote:Frank and #3 for Ingram and #4 do you do it?
Absolutely but Ingram could be the prize of that trade. I think he blossoms away from LBJ.

My thoughts exactly. Rj and Zion get to continue their development together establishing themselves as the cornerstones of NO and we get a guy whose getting exponentially better and a lotto pick.
The Future is Bright!
AD traded to Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy