AD traded to Lakers
Author Thread
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

6/15/2019  8:07 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:This confirms RJ will be a Knicks player. I’m excited.

You don’t think NO is incentivized to trade up for RJ?

Hadn’t thought of that but could be. Interesting.

Would you guys do #3, Frank, and DSJr for Lonzo, a future first, and #4?

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/15/2019  8:07 PM
PresIke wrote:Great...more likely we'll suck for longer and or sign a gimpy 31 year old KD to come back at 33 because he can shoot.

Looking forward to RJ killing it in summer league and being hailed an all-star immediately. Wait...didn't that happen last summer with Knox? Was I dreaming???

Being a Knicks fan is more a burden than an enjoyment for you, right.

Can’t blame you. We’ve made awful moves in the past. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Knicks_Fan
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/15/2019  8:08 PM
Trade made sense for Lakers and aging Lebron. Would be disastrous for Knicks.
Knicksfan
USA
6/15/2019  8:08 PM
TheGame wrote:Great, we avoided trading our whole team for one year of Davis. Now we can draft RJ and continue to build the team slowly.

🙌

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
6/15/2019  8:10 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:This confirms RJ will be a Knicks player. I’m excited.

You don’t think NO is incentivized to trade up for RJ?

Hadn’t thought of that but could be. Interesting.

Would you guys do #3, Frank, and DSJr for Lonzo, a future first, and #4?

Tempting but I like RJ/Morant more.

Knicks_Fan
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/15/2019  8:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  8:23 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
PresIke wrote:Great...more likely we'll suck for longer and or sign a gimpy 31 year old KD to come back at 33 because he can shoot.

Looking forward to RJ killing it in summer league and being hailed an all-star immediately. Wait...didn't that happen last summer with Knox? Was I dreaming???

Practically. I haven't given up, but I cannot have any kind of reasonable faith in a draft pick with major question marks by scouts, in THE DRAFT, and a weak one at that in terms of top tier talent outside of Zion, a setting that is not likely to garnish a superstar, which IS as far as I understand THE determining factor in success in the NBA. OF COURSE RJ COULD BE A VALUABLE "ASSET." But you're not being honest if you decide to entirely dismiss the real concerns about his game from some scouts.

We thought KP was it, and then he became gimpy, questionable as the future and then it turns out a sellout.

I'm not wrong to say fans were salivating over Knox last summer. If I went back and found what I wrote then about Knox in SL it was the same as now and yet I'm the right one and yet still "debby downer?" Not saying we shouldn't have faith, as maybe it will happen. We'll get lucky. I want to be positive, but you gotta be a true American optimist to buy into hope next season, that's for sure. Growth? Maybe. Maybe not or at least enough.

Really GS was LUCKY in their own rights. Building a title winning team seems to be partially about luck as much as it is about smart moves and patience. I do have more hope in the current leadership than the past, but the KD injury has thrown everything I had faith in in to beyond turmoil. That was the MFin plan.

The basketball gods send a lot of messages of hate and it's been for at least 2 decades now, and arguably more if you want to throw our successful period of "almost" in there as well during the Ewing and late Ewing era.

I just am tired of reading over-excitment about things that we should be reluctant about, and dismisal of things that happen that I deem quite catastrophic (Lebron to MIA, KP injury, KD injury) and this time when we REALLY seem to be doing things right.

I am supposed to have faith in signing KD?? Who in their right mind thinks that's not extremely risky??? Only our fans who are so desperate for hope and have to be to stick around so long.

I'm still a fan, but this summer seems like a major ****storm of pain once again. The NBA don't love us.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/15/2019  8:22 PM
PresIke wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Practically. I haven't given up, but I cannot have any kind of reasonable faith in a draft pick with major question marks by scouts, in THE DRAFT, and a weak one at that in terms of top tier talent outside of Zion, a setting that is not likely to garnish a superstar, which IS as far as I understand THE determining factor in success in the NBA. OF COURSE RJ COULD BE A VALUABLE "ASSET." But you're not being honest about real concerns about his game from some scouts.

We thought KP was it, and then he became gimpy, questionable as the future and then it turns out a sellout.

I'm not wrong to say fans were salivating over Knox last summer. If I found what I wrote it was the same as now and yet I'm the right one and yet still "debby downer?" Not saying we shouldn't have faith, as maybe it will happen. We'll get lucky.

Really GS was LUCKY in their own rights. Building a title winning team seems to be partially about luck as much as it is about smart moves and patience. I do have more hope in the current leadership than the past, but the KD injury has thrown everything I had faith in in to beyond turmoil. That was the MFin plan.

The basketball gods send a lot of messages of hate and it's been for at least 2 decades now, and arguably more if you want to throw our successful period of "almost" in there as well during the Ewing and late Ewing era.

I just am tired of reading over-excitment about things that we should be reluctant about, and dismisal of things that happen that I deem quite catastrophic (Lebron to MIA, KP injury, KD injury) and this time when we REALLY seem to be doing things right.

I am supposed to have faith in signing KD?? Who in their right mind thinks that's not extremely risky??? Only our fans who are so desperate for hope and have to be to stick around so long.

I'm still a fan, but this summer seems like a major ****storm of pain once again. The NBA don't love us.

Dont believe the jury is out on Knox, especially since he finished the season strong, was rookie of the month at one point before he hit the rookie wall.

If Knox had stunk from start to finish I would get the pessimism. Lets see how he does next season.

PresIke
USA
6/15/2019  8:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  8:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Practically. I haven't given up, but I cannot have any kind of reasonable faith in a draft pick with major question marks by scouts, in THE DRAFT, and a weak one at that in terms of top tier talent outside of Zion, a setting that is not likely to garnish a superstar, which IS as far as I understand THE determining factor in success in the NBA. OF COURSE RJ COULD BE A VALUABLE "ASSET." But you're not being honest about real concerns about his game from some scouts.

I'm not wrong to say fans were salivating over Knox last summer. If I found what I wrote it was the same as now and yet I'm the right one and yet still "debby downer?" Not saying we shouldn't have faith, as maybe it will happen. We'll get lucky.

Dont believe the jury is out on Knox, especially since he finished the season strong, was rookie of the month at one point before he hit the rookie wall.

If Knox had stunk from start to finish I would get the pessimism. Lets see how he does next season.

Dude, he's not strong enough. That should improve, but he doesn't rebound, the "motor" question mark seems more real than we wanted to see, and he is a black hole. I don't think most NBA experts project him to be ALL THAT now. The NBA is HOT STOVE heavy like all American sports so it can change, but he's got a lot of work to do to change that. Does he have it in him?

He dropped off A LOT from the heights our fans held him up as after SL. Am I lying?

Let's see? How about Frank? Another one our fans way overrate and causes insane levels of disagreement that I find bizarre.

PresIke
USA
6/15/2019  8:31 PM
I like Mitch and Trier. Dotson too, but he is not a youngin really. Jury is out this season on DSJ. I have my doubts to be real, but I am a little warmer on him for now.
GustavBahler

6/15/2019  8:33 PM
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Dude, he's not strong enough. That should improve, he doesn't rebound, and he is a black hole.

He dropped off A LOT from the heights our fans held him up as after SL. Am I lying?

Not lying, not accurate. Knox was having trouble holding on to the ball, was getting stripped on takes to the rim. By the end of the season, he was attacking from different angles, his numbers fg pct improved ,AND he was sharing the rock more.

Youngest (or second) player in the league. Knox had a green light to be a scorer. Once he started figuring out things it made it easier for him to share the rock because he was a threat.

Knox looks like he is getting in NBA shape, already has a good looking 3. Not promising anything of course, but I believe Knox is going to come back a more well rounded player. We'll see.

Knicksfan
USA
6/15/2019  8:34 PM
PresIke wrote:I like Mitch and Trier. Dotson too, but he is not a youngin really. Jury is out this season on DSJ. I have my doubts to be real, but I am a little warmer on him for now.

Dotson 25 isn’t youngin? I think he is part of the core, especially as a weapon off the bench.

Knicks_Fan
PresIke
USA
6/15/2019  8:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Dude, he's not strong enough. That should improve, he doesn't rebound, and he is a black hole.

Not lying, not accurate. Knox was having trouble holding on to the ball, was getting stripped on takes to the rim. By the end of the season, he was attacking from different angles, his numbers fg pct improved ,AND he was sharing the rock more.

Youngest (or second) player in the league. Knox had a green light to be a scorer. Once he started figuring out things it made it easier for him to share the rock because he was a threat.

Knox looks like he is getting in NBA shape, already has a good looking 3. Not promising anything of course, but I believe Knox is going to come back a more well rounded player. We'll see.

I hope you're right. We need one of our young players to turn things around. We need a D'Angelo Russel turn around from someone. Knox could be it. I'm rooting for him 100%, no doubt.

PresIke
USA
6/15/2019  8:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  8:37 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
PresIke wrote:I like Mitch and Trier. Dotson too, but he is not a youngin really. Jury is out this season on DSJ. I have my doubts to be real, but I am a little warmer on him for now.

Dotson 25 isn’t youngin? I think he is part of the core, especially as a weapon off the bench.

25 isn't the age of a 1-3 year NBA player nowadays, no? It's approaching/in early prime years.

He's a piece all good NBA teams have. A Keeper to me. Agree.

Knicksfan
USA
6/15/2019  8:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

I’m on this boat too. Many are down on Knox because he had holes in his game and he is a Knick. That means there is no hope for most. But people here kill Knoxk as if he was supposed to be a ready-made Star and not the youngster with lots of potential but also lots to learn.

He is an important piece and management has shown so with paying attention to his offseason training.

I do believe he will be a step further into becoming one of our most important pieces into the future.

Knicks_Fan
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/15/2019  8:39 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:We would have had a stronger offer...on the pick side we could have thrown 5 on the table

I doubt it.

From what I'm hearing around the league, NO had a pretty lock solid tampering case against the Lakers, but the fallout extended to Rich Paul and Klutch Sports, then backed into LBJ, who is the de facto head of Klutch Sports in the worst hush hush let's not talk about it situation in any major sport.

League administration is furious. Zion was the price to avoid a tampering charge that would start to open up ugly questions about the league and then Klutch and force a massive suspension against LBJ. Zion was slated another team but had to be redirected.

Looks like the bounty for NO was Zion, massive crypto payout overseas to NO, the league angling the networks to give NO more national broadcasts/merchandising and brand support, and a huge haul in assets from LA.

LBJ totally ****ed this up. Given how this played out, he also likely triggered the fallout from the next impeding labor war.

This is the level of stupid you only see in a sitcom.

You could put LBJ with Chandler, Joey, Ross, Rachel and Monica and it would be pretty seamless in the plotline and dialogue.

How do you **** up this badly?

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/15/2019  8:44 PM
It’s true we lost our minds over Knox killing summer league

And it’s true he sucked as a rookie. That could be mostly the coaches fault.

Knicksfan
USA
6/15/2019  8:45 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:We would have had a stronger offer...on the pick side we could have thrown 5 on the table

I doubt it.

From what I'm hearing around the league, NO had a pretty lock solid tampering case against the Lakers, but the fallout extended to Rich Paul and Klutch Sports, then backed into LBJ, who is the de facto head of Klutch Sports in the worst hush hush let's not talk about it situation in any major sport.

League administration is furious. Zion was the price to avoid a tampering charge that would start to open up ugly questions about the league and then Klutch and force a massive suspension against LBJ. Zion was slated another team but had to be redirected.

Looks like the bounty for NO was Zion, massive crypto payout overseas to NO, the league angling the networks to give NO more national broadcasts/merchandising and brand support, and a huge haul in assets from LA.

LBJ totally ****ed this up. Given how this played out, he also likely triggered the fallout from the next impeding labor war.

This is the level of stupid you only see in a sitcom.

You could put LBJ with Chandler, Joey, Ross, Rachel and Monica and it would be pretty seamless in the plotline and dialogue.

How do you **** up this badly?

I want to see this made on Netflix.

Knicks_Fan
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/15/2019  8:46 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Only Knick fans would rather have Mitchell, Frank & Knox instead of A. Davis

Well, the Lakers are A Davis to a team with a Lebron. That’s worth it for them. Wed have to give them all of our assets and it’d be Davis with no help and then he could leave at the end of the year. If we had a contender ready to add Davis to, great. We are so far from that it’s not really worth dumping everything we have that has any value.

This. He would be gone in a year. He wanted LA.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler

6/15/2019  8:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  8:49 PM
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
PresIke wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

I hope you're right. We need one of our young players to turn things around. We need a D'Angelo Russel turn around from someone. Knox could be it. I'm rooting for him 100%, no doubt.

As I said during the season, Knox did exactly what he should have done. This was a rebuilding/Lotto season. Knox came into the league very raw. The only way Knox is going to become a threat is reps, and lots of them. This was the perfect time for Knox to get plenty of reps. Fizdale gave him the green light.

There were stories about how teammates were PO'd at Trier because of his ball stopping. Didnt hear anything like that about Knox. My guess is that his teammates knew he had a lot of work to do on his takes to the rim. Once Trier established that he didnt need any more work on his drives, he still was mostly ISO Zo. Once Knox got that part of his game down, the game started to slow down for him, made it easier to find teammates.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/15/2019  9:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2019  9:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Only Knick fans would rather have Mitchell, Frank & Knox instead of A. Davis

Well, the Lakers are A Davis to a team with a Lebron. That’s worth it for them. Wed have to give them all of our assets and it’d be Davis with no help and then he could leave at the end of the year. If we had a contender ready to add Davis to, great. We are so far from that it’s not really worth dumping everything we have that has any value.

This. He would be gone in a year. He wanted LA.

Agreed...good trade for the Lakers when you consider what happened to GS. The west is wide open. Lakers got LeBron so they are swinging for the fences..

I dont think some people realize how good AD is....you can make a case that he is the most talented player in league on both sides of the ball. Dude can shut down the pick n roll all by himself! Good gamble by them.

AD traded to Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy