fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/12/2019  2:35 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
MS wrote:I think the Nets are making a big mistake with bringing in Irving. I get it, but he really reminds me of Marbury. He hasn't proven that he's a winner without Lebron and he's surely not a leader. He made some big plays in the Finals, but switch Irving with 10 other point guards and the results are likely the same playing alongside Lebron.

I love the idea of maxing out Russell. He played well, players responded to him and is improving. More importantly he's younger and is healthier. You're bringing in a guy that left Lebron and is leaving a well run organization with young talent and great coach and GM.

He fits this team and having two big guards with multiple skills next to Knox and Robinson is very interesting.

I’m opposed to maxing out Russell out. He is good but not max deal. Maybe a Tim Hardaway type deal.

thats not how FA works. Dont bother then

How does it work? You know and I know he isn’t max material as of now. Even a Tim Hardaway type deal is to much IMHO. Russell is younger than Timmy and show improvement every year he may justify a Tim Hardaway type deal.

stop playing dumb. You know how it works. FAs dont go to teams looking to get the best value and cap friendly contract they can structure. FAs go to the teams that wow them and are willing to show the financial commitment beyond the nice words.

Russell is a 23 year old all star. He was the best player on a young team that just made it back to the playoffs. He's gotten better every year. He's a PG putting up 21/7/4 and played 80 games last year. IF you dont think his offer starts at max you are simply not paying attention to anything happening in the NBA.

Please dude. A Hardaway deal is too much? What?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
6/12/2019  2:40 PM
Vmart wrote:
anrst wrote:what's his baggage? she took a phone video of swaggy p talking about other women? 3 years ago?

He tried to board a plane using liquid substance container with Marijuana hidden if I’m not mistaken. Which is just ridiculously stupid.

Agreed stupid but many NBA players ingest weed in some form.
This kid is just scratching the surface to being a great player. He is already an all star.
He was the player I actually wanted in the KP draft. He is able to handle the pressure of the big moment by hitting big shots. Would love to see he & RJ in the backcourt for years to come. Add in Mitch & Knox with another big time free agent and we would have a legit starting 5 that will grow together to be great IMO.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/12/2019  2:49 PM
If we'd kept KP and signed Okafor to a min contact, we could have picks 2-6 from that draft class!
TLover
USA
6/12/2019  3:29 PM
Panos wrote:If we'd kept KP and signed Okafor to a min contact, we could have picks 2-6 from that draft class!

Would have no problem resigning Hezonja for 1 yr at 10-12 million. He was our best player at the end of last season and is only 24. Hezonja showed that he can guard the 3 which makes Knox more effective at the 4. In this scenario I would look to sign KD with Mario holding it down till KD is ready to play. The cap hold on Hezonja should not be much, meaning we can sign D.Russell & KD while going over the cap to resign Mario.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/12/2019  5:25 PM
TLover wrote:
Panos wrote:If we'd kept KP and signed Okafor to a min contact, we could have picks 2-6 from that draft class!

Would have no problem resigning Hezonja for 1 yr at 10-12 million. He was our best player at the end of last season and is only 24. Hezonja showed that he can guard the 3 which makes Knox more effective at the 4. In this scenario I would look to sign KD with Mario holding it down till KD is ready to play. The cap hold on Hezonja should not be much, meaning we can sign D.Russell & KD while going over the cap to resign Mario.

I would be SHOCKED if Mario got more than like $5M. And I don't think the math works with keeping cap hold on Herzonja and signing those 2 guys.

Mario had a good game or 2 at end of season but nothing that would stand out to me that he was really getting it as a player.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/12/2019  7:21 PM
TLover wrote:

Our best player for what? The last two or three games? That is HARDLY a good sample size to merit resigning him at that sum. Especially if there could be younger players that could be had for less than that and with possibly more potential.

Knicks_Fan
TLover
USA
6/12/2019  7:32 PM
Would trade for Josh Jackson then and hope to revitalize his career at age 22. Playing for Fiz should straighten the kid out and hopefully reach his potential.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/12/2019  8:23 PM
TLover wrote:Would trade for Josh Jackson then and hope to revitalize his career at age 22. Playing for Fiz should straighten the kid out and hopefully reach his potential.
Jackson has charcter issues. They were a concern when he was drafted and he was just arrested last month at a music festival. Not sure he is worth the risk/trouble.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
wargames
Member: #6053

6/12/2019  9:13 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:personally, if we don't get the biggest of fish, I would love to add Russell and guys like Julius Randle. Give me young guys with high upside. The single best UFA class I can remember for the Knicks was when we added Allan Houston (the first time) and Chris Childs. People though we would got for vets that offseason but we got guys that were slightly proven but high upside

I don’t think Julius randle works next to Mitch. If anything Bobby Portis or Marcus Morris would be better. Portis is horrific on defense and Morris is older......

Not a lot of great choices honestly.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
TLover
USA
6/12/2019  9:57 PM
We need to forget about throwing $ at 2nd & 3rd tier free agents - that’s how we got in trouble with Hardaway, Lee & Noah.

Keep developing the young guys who have reasonable contracts and combine them with a star or two.
It’s about building sustained success which hopefully results in multiple championships.

Uptown
Member: #1883

6/12/2019  10:38 PM
Just saw that Kyrie signed with Roc nation sports....they have deep ties with Barclay Arena. It's a wrap! .Kyrie to the nyets looks like a done deal.
TLover
USA
6/12/2019  11:33 PM
Uptown wrote:Just saw that Kyrie signed with Roc nation sports....they have deep ties with Barclay Arena. It's a wrap! .Kyrie to the nyets looks like a done deal.

Well then it means KD is going to the Nets too bc he is also rep’d by roc nation.

Would rather have Kawahi & D.Russell anyway.

Uptown
Member: #1883

6/12/2019  11:45 PM
TLover wrote:
Uptown wrote:Just saw that Kyrie signed with Roc nation sports....they have deep ties with Barclay Arena. It's a wrap! .Kyrie to the nyets looks like a done deal.

Well then it means KD is going to the Nets too bc he is also rep’d by roc nation.

nyets intentions may be to pair Kyrie and Russ together.

TLover
USA
6/13/2019  12:01 AM
Uptown wrote:
TLover wrote:

nyets intentions may be to pair Kyrie and Russ together.

They already have LeVert & Dinwiddie in the backcourt. Someone would have to go. Nets will not max out both Kyrie & D.Russell especially with roc nation client Caris LeVert as the 2 guard.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
6/13/2019  12:14 AM
TLover wrote:Would trade for Josh Jackson then and hope to revitalize his career at age 22. Playing for Fiz should straighten the kid out and hopefully reach his potential.

I second this, although he does have off the court issues. He does seem well-liked by his teammates though... kinda reminds me of the Spree situation (even though Spree was already great). He definitely needs a fresh start and would be cheap with a high athletic ceiling. Really think Fiz could do wonders for him and he at least plays hard on defense. Needs to learn how to shoot from outside for sure

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/13/2019  10:32 AM
Vmart wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:personally, if we don't get the biggest of fish, I would love to add Russell and guys like Julius Randle. Give me young guys with high upside. The single best UFA class I can remember for the Knicks was when we added Allan Houston (the first time) and Chris Childs. People though we would got for vets that offseason but we got guys that were slightly proven but high upside

yup i'm feeling that too. putting a couple of other guys in that consideration category too - harris, middleton, brogdon.

I'd be happy with any of those names. Frankly, we might have more to gain by adding three guys (if possible) that fit that description. But I would bet happy as hell with any of those names. Easy to get the Durant or Bust blinders on but that's how you end up striking out on everyone, when you pursue LBJ with the rest of the heard. I would almost rather hear the Knicks pitched Harris and Middleton at 12:01AM than followed the herd again

lol it would be 6:01PM now - they changed it.

omfg, ratings run the world

It’s so GMs don’t look creepy camping outside the door waiting for midnight.

I kinda enjoyed the old timeline... the decision is: should I stay up and drink all night and follow the events? or do i go to bed early and devour the news like Christmas Morning? I used to lean to the former, now I prefer the latter. For me that was a fun dilemma

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/13/2019  10:58 AM
I still think they sign either Tobias Harris or Butler to go with Kyrie. Harris would make a lot of sense for them.

I don't really trust D-lo, I know he had a good year, but...

TLover
USA
6/13/2019  5:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:I still think they sign either Tobias Harris or Butler to go with Kyrie. Harris would make a lot of sense for them.

I don't really trust D-lo, I know he had a good year, but...

You need a guy with ice water in his veins in this town and D-Lo has that. And he’s 23

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/13/2019  5:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
MS wrote:I think the Nets are making a big mistake with bringing in Irving. I get it, but he really reminds me of Marbury. He hasn't proven that he's a winner without Lebron and he's surely not a leader. He made some big plays in the Finals, but switch Irving with 10 other point guards and the results are likely the same playing alongside Lebron.

I love the idea of maxing out Russell. He played well, players responded to him and is improving. More importantly he's younger and is healthier. You're bringing in a guy that left Lebron and is leaving a well run organization with young talent and great coach and GM.

He fits this team and having two big guards with multiple skills next to Knox and Robinson is very interesting.

I’m opposed to maxing out Russell out. He is good but not max deal. Maybe a Tim Hardaway type deal.

thats not how FA works. Dont bother then

How does it work? You know and I know he isn’t max material as of now. Even a Tim Hardaway type deal is to much IMHO. Russell is younger than Timmy and show improvement every year he may justify a Tim Hardaway type deal.

stop playing dumb. You know how it works. FAs dont go to teams looking to get the best value and cap friendly contract they can structure. FAs go to the teams that wow them and are willing to show the financial commitment beyond the nice words.

Russell is a 23 year old all star. He was the best player on a young team that just made it back to the playoffs. He's gotten better every year. He's a PG putting up 21/7/4 and played 80 games last year. IF you dont think his offer starts at max you are simply not paying attention to anything happening in the NBA.

Please dude. A Hardaway deal is too much? What?

Depends on the market. If the Nets are scared off by his airport incident and other teams don’t offer him the max, then he has no choice but to take a little less. He screwed up bad. With that said, I would love to take him.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/13/2019  5:45 PM
My motivation for taking him in part is because I think the nets losing him and signing Kyrie is going to turn out really bad.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
If Nets sign Kyrie we should sign D.Russell

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy