[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Nets sign Kyrie we should sign D.Russell
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
6/11/2019  11:27 PM
Makes no sense for the Nets to sign D.Russell if they sign Kyrie unless it’s a sign & trade.
D.Russell still has to agree to the trade. Thinking he would want to stay in NYC and take it to the Nets each time we play them. He is also 22/23 yrs old which fits perfectly with our youth movement. He can play off the ball with RJ Barrett handling the rock.
Would then look to trade both frank & SmithJr for draft picks or a young front court player.
Eg.Trade frank to suns for Josh Jackson and SmithJr to Charlotte (assuming they don’t resign Kemba) for #12 pick and draft Bol Bol.
If we cannot secure Kawahi with other max slot then take on a bad contract and accumulate more draft picks.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/12/2019  9:31 AM
first thought was UG, but Russell is very good and may be on the verge of really breaking out into a star. He was inconsistent last year IMO, but sure did put up some monster games. If we whiff on the bigger fish you have to look hard at adding him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/12/2019  9:56 AM
personally, if we don't get the biggest of fish, I would love to add Russell and guys like Julius Randle. Give me young guys with high upside. The single best UFA class I can remember for the Knicks was when we added Allan Houston (the first time) and Chris Childs. People though we would got for vets that offseason but we got guys that were slightly proven but high upside
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/12/2019  9:57 AM
fishmike wrote:first thought was UG, but Russell is very good and may be on the verge of really breaking out into a star. He was inconsistent last year IMO, but sure did put up some monster games. If we whiff on the bigger fish you have to look hard at adding him.

I agree with you he would be a great addition. Although he is brain dead off the court on it is another story.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/12/2019  10:00 AM
fishmike wrote:first thought was UG, but Russell is very good and may be on the verge of really breaking out into a star. He was inconsistent last year IMO, but sure did put up some monster games. If we whiff on the bigger fish you have to look hard at adding him.

He still showed improvements from his previous seasons. He’s very worth the look, especially if we somehow end up with Kawhi Leonard.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SupremeCommander

6/12/2019  10:04 AM
Vmart wrote:

I agree with you he would be a great addition. Although he is brain dead off the court on it is another story.

he is, but the reality is very rarely does a prime free agent leave for another team without blemishes. I think he would have grown past that immature bull**** and maybe he learned how on the Lakers and Nets dime

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/12/2019  10:08 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:personally, if we don't get the biggest of fish, I would love to add Russell and guys like Julius Randle. Give me young guys with high upside. The single best UFA class I can remember for the Knicks was when we added Allan Houston (the first time) and Chris Childs. People though we would got for vets that offseason but we got guys that were slightly proven but high upside

yup i'm feeling that too. putting a couple of other guys in that consideration category too - harris, middleton, brogdon.

SupremeCommander

6/12/2019  10:13 AM
Marv wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:personally, if we don't get the biggest of fish, I would love to add Russell and guys like Julius Randle. Give me young guys with high upside. The single best UFA class I can remember for the Knicks was when we added Allan Houston (the first time) and Chris Childs. People though we would got for vets that offseason but we got guys that were slightly proven but high upside

yup i'm feeling that too. putting a couple of other guys in that consideration category too - harris, middleton, brogdon.

I'd be happy with any of those names. Frankly, we might have more to gain by adding three guys (if possible) that fit that description. But I would bet happy as hell with any of those names. Easy to get the Durant or Bust blinders on but that's how you end up striking out on everyone, when you pursue LBJ with the rest of the heard. I would almost rather hear the Knicks pitched Harris and Middleton at 12:01AM than followed the herd again

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/12/2019  10:18 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:

I'd be happy with any of those names. Frankly, we might have more to gain by adding three guys (if possible) that fit that description. But I would bet happy as hell with any of those names. Easy to get the Durant or Bust blinders on but that's how you end up striking out on everyone, when you pursue LBJ with the rest of the heard. I would almost rather hear the Knicks pitched Harris and Middleton at 12:01AM than followed the herd again

lol it would be 6:01PM now - they changed it.

MS
Member: #724
6/12/2019  11:07 AM
I think the Nets are making a big mistake with bringing in Irving. I get it, but he really reminds me of Marbury. He hasn't proven that he's a winner without Lebron and he's surely not a leader. He made some big plays in the Finals, but switch Irving with 10 other point guards and the results are likely the same playing alongside Lebron.

I love the idea of maxing out Russell. He played well, players responded to him and is improving. More importantly he's younger and is healthier. You're bringing in a guy that left Lebron and is leaving a well run organization with young talent and great coach and GM.

He fits this team and having two big guards with multiple skills next to Knox and Robinson is very interesting.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/12/2019  11:12 AM
D. Russell is a nice player just too much baggage for my taste for a big contract. I would go with hunting for Brogdon, Middleton and Tobias Harris first.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/12/2019  11:29 AM
NYKBocker wrote:D. Russell is a nice player just too much baggage for my taste for a big contract. I would go with hunting for Brogdon, Middleton and Tobias Harris first.

I'd be OK with punting to next season if those are our choices. I don't want a THJ situation where we sign a dude simply because we have Capt space and feel pressured into making a splash.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
6/12/2019  11:39 AM
Vmart wrote:

agree... but he's literally a kid growing up. This is where Fizdale's value comes in IMO. He's yet to prove he's a great Xs and Os guy but he def gets the kids playing hard. Really my only disappointment was Frank and there are some clear reasons for that.

I like the idea of Russell and Randle a lot as a back up.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/12/2019  11:57 AM
what's his baggage? she took a phone video of swaggy p talking about other women? 3 years ago?
Vmart
USA
6/12/2019  12:01 PM
MS wrote:I think the Nets are making a big mistake with bringing in Irving. I get it, but he really reminds me of Marbury. He hasn't proven that he's a winner without Lebron and he's surely not a leader. He made some big plays in the Finals, but switch Irving with 10 other point guards and the results are likely the same playing alongside Lebron.

I love the idea of maxing out Russell. He played well, players responded to him and is improving. More importantly he's younger and is healthier. You're bringing in a guy that left Lebron and is leaving a well run organization with young talent and great coach and GM.

He fits this team and having two big guards with multiple skills next to Knox and Robinson is very interesting.

I’m opposed to maxing out Russell out. He is good but not max deal. Maybe a Tim Hardaway type deal.

fishmike
USA
6/12/2019  12:04 PM
Vmart wrote:
MS wrote:I think the Nets are making a big mistake with bringing in Irving. I get it, but he really reminds me of Marbury. He hasn't proven that he's a winner without Lebron and he's surely not a leader. He made some big plays in the Finals, but switch Irving with 10 other point guards and the results are likely the same playing alongside Lebron.

I’m opposed to maxing out Russell out. He is good but not max deal. Maybe a Tim Hardaway type deal.

thats not how FA works. Dont bother then
Vmart
USA
6/12/2019  12:20 PM
anrst wrote:what's his baggage? she took a phone video of swaggy p talking about other women? 3 years ago?

He tried to board a plane using liquid substance container with Marijuana hidden if I’m not mistaken. Which is just ridiculously stupid.

Vmart
USA
6/12/2019  12:25 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

thats not how FA works. Dont bother then

How does it work? You know and I know he isn’t max material as of now. Even a Tim Hardaway type deal is to much IMHO. Russell is younger than Timmy and show improvement every year he may justify a Tim Hardaway type deal.

SupremeCommander

6/12/2019  1:39 PM
Marv wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:

omfg, ratings run the world

Vmart
USA
6/12/2019  1:56 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Marv wrote:

omfg, ratings run the world

It’s so GMs don’t look creepy camping outside the door waiting for midnight.

If Nets sign Kyrie we should sign D.Russell

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy