[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

raven is back from NYC
Author Thread
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
9/24/2004  4:14 PM
I know I wrote a bit about the guys selling weed (trees) in Washington Square. The reason they get away with it because the police cant possibly arrest everyone. And also alot of them are just trying to jack people, so really dont have any weed to be arrested for. They like to walk unsuspecting types and then take their money. Watch them Washington Square rastas.

Sounds like you and the gf had a good time. But I find Montreal much nicer than NYC, but thats just me.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
9/25/2004  9:58 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Hey Raven,what is Montreal like? I might be moving there.

so we're parit of the same club. I (in fact my girlfriend and I) have recently started the immigration process, so that we could have a permanent visa to stay in canada.

we'll then have plenty of time to get a job in our field (marketing and communication). 2 of our friends have recenlty moved there, and they seem to find the life great.

My opinion is that for a european guy like me, moving to montreal would be much easier than, let say, to toronto, which has not the same kind of soul we are used to. How does it work when a US guy wants to move in canada ? is it hard ?
raven
Canada
9/25/2004  10:07 AM
btw while i was there, I bought and read the book "the jordan rules". Found it great. Do you know other good bookds that are related to basket ball ?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/25/2004  11:14 AM
I just bought Court Vision: Unexpected Views on the Lure of Basketball by Ira Berkow. He interviews all sorts of well-known people about their basketball jones.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0688168426/qid=1096125117/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/002-6976481-0167269?v=glance&s=books

Btw I read Jordan Rules when it first came out and then gave it away. Since you just read it, did they mention an incident where Jordan punched a teammate in the face during practice because he picked him but would never pick in a game? Was it Will Perdue?
raven
Canada
9/25/2004  6:27 PM
yes it was perdue.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
9/26/2004  10:53 AM
Posted by raven:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Hey Raven,what is Montreal like? I might be moving there.

My opinion is that for a european guy like me, moving to montreal would be much easier than, let say, to toronto, which has not the same kind of soul we are used to. How does it work when a US guy wants to move in canada ? is it hard ?

Ive been looking into it.They have a point system that covers education,finances etc.. so far it looks like Im OK there but you never know.Its not easy and Americans arent too popular these days.

I may try for a permanent Visa as well although Id rather have dual citizenship.Im going to be renewing my passport next week and hope to visit Montreal early next year.

Bobby
Member: #408
USA
9/26/2004  12:29 PM
I feel I now much more understand why this city can’t accept the knicks to rebuild. Noise never stops, people never stop running, walking, driving… So I guess the knicks can’t stop either and take their time. Things must go quickly, results must be brought right now and long term plan must be erased from the dictionary

the city that never sleeps, the naked city, ny does not miss a beat. now that zeke has arrived, knick fans are being treated with a rebuilding process based on youth and athletic talent with long term in mind. the key for knicks is leadership, everything else falls in place
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
raven is back from NYC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy