[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/1/2019  10:53 AM
Before Lebron got hurt he was killing it statistically. He was carrying that franchise on his back.
That's a tall order, but he had them over .500 and a playoff slot. He had an injury filled season, his first.
Does he bounce? Nobody can say can they? Not with a straight face? odds say he is older and more prone. That's all we got.
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
8/1/2019  12:41 PM
Nalod wrote:Before Lebron got hurt he was killing it statistically. He was carrying that franchise on his back.
That's a tall order, but he had them over .500 and a playoff slot. He had an injury filled season, his first.
Does he bounce? Nobody can say can they? Not with a straight face? odds say he is older and more prone. That's all we got.

Last season's coverage of Lebron by the bball hacks was truly weird. Before he got injured, as you said, he was doing great, everyone was marvelling at him dragging that team not only into the playoffs, but also had them looking like a good playoff team. Then he got injured and the Lakers plummeted without him, then by the time he returned chemistry was shot (due tot he trade rumors), he was overweight and it was too late to salvage the season. But then all the writers and press acted like the first half of the season never happened, and started pumping out that he was finished and the fact they never made the playoffs was proof he can no longer carry the team. It was just a bizarre take that seemed to dominate- no one referred to his performance pre-injury.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/5/2019  7:24 PM

Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/11/2019  10:10 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

i am not sure what the problem is. looks pregnant to me 😂

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler

8/12/2019  10:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2019  10:18 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

i am not sure what the problem is. looks pregnant to me 😂

What got me laughing was that it was right out of an old "Cheech and Chong" movie, think it was "Up in Smoke." Chong tells Cheech he submitted his sister's urine for a drug test, and she was pregnant. Life imitating art lol.

GustavBahler

8/16/2019  4:52 PM
Speaking of old movies...

Finally!

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/16/eddie-murphy-arsenio-hall-coming-to-america-sequel-arrive-georgia-filming-prince-akeem/

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/16/2019  5:07 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Speaking of old movies...

Finally!

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/16/eddie-murphy-arsenio-hall-coming-to-america-sequel-arrive-georgia-filming-prince-akeem/

Movie still makes me laugh to this day. That and Ghostbusters are two of the first things I buy whenever any new media content comes out. Still have a Ghostbusters UMD for PSP around somewhere.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

8/18/2019  10:27 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Finally!

Movie still makes me laugh to this day. That and Ghostbusters are two of the first things I buy whenever any new media content comes out. Still have a Ghostbusters UMD for PSP around somewhere.

Remember watching a scene in Ghostbusters being filmed way back when. My favorite comedy from the 80s might be "Local Hero". Other Eddie Murphy films like "48 Hours" and "Trading Places" would also be on the list.

The one movie I usually buy first, if its available on new media is "2001". Or "Apocalypse Now". Something to see how good the new tech really is.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

8/18/2019  5:50 PM

Finally!

Perhaps my favorite movie of all time...Part 2s rarely live up to the original. There were rumors for years that part 2 was coming...I just hope they are doing it because they have a worthy script and not because of the pressure or to make a couple of dollars...

GustavBahler

8/18/2019  6:16 PM
Uptown wrote:

Finally!

Perhaps my favorite movie of all time...Part 2s rarely live up to the original. There were rumors for years that part 2 was coming...I just hope they are doing it because they have a worthy script and not because of the pressure or to make a couple of dollars...

Agree. Anchorman 2 was a dud. All that time to write. Dont know about Hall, but I dont believe Murphy is hurting for $$$. Too bad they didnt make more films together. Had that same kind of chemistry IMO as Poitier/Cosby had in "Uptown Saturday Night and "A Piece of the Action" The latter has a story which would be good for a remake.

Nalod
USA
8/19/2019  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/19/2019  11:36 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Finally!

Agree. Anchorman 2 was a dud. All that time to write. Dont know about Hall, but I dont believe Murphy is hurting for $$$. Too bad they didnt make more films together. Had that same kind of chemistry IMO as Poitier/Cosby had in "Uptown Saturday Night and "A Piece of the Action" The latter has a story which would be good for a remake.

Eddie was just on an episode with Seinfeld's "Cars and Coffee". Some funny bits.
Eddie now lives in California and stepped out of a sick house. I can't speak for his finances but I doubt he'd resettle in a house like that if short on cash. Talked a lot about wanting to do stand up but how hard it is to got back to it. Good stuff. He looked good and was cool.

GustavBahler

8/19/2019  12:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Finally!

Eddie was just on an episode with Seinfeld's "Cars and Coffee". Some funny bits.
Eddie now lives in California and stepped out of a sick house. I can't speak for his finances but I doubt he'd resettle in a house like that if short on cash. Talked a lot about wanting to do stand up but how hard it is to got back to it. Good stuff. He looked good and was cool.

Since Murphy did that interview, he signed a 70 million dollar deal with Netflix to do stand up comedy specials. Definitely not hurting. As Uptown mentioned, I hope the writing for the sequel is there as well.

Would love to see a new "Kings of Comedy" tour with Murphy, Hart, and a rising young comedian.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/19/2019  2:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Finally!

Since Murphy did that interview, he signed a 70 million dollar deal with Netflix to do stand up comedy specials. Definitely not hurting. As Uptown mentioned, I hope the writing for the sequel is there as well.

Would love to see a new "Kings of Comedy" tour with Murphy, Hart, and a rising young comedian.

delirious still holds up as totally hysterical 36 (!!) years later.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/26/2019  5:21 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/28/2019  8:48 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

The fact that he accepted such a contract mind boggling. Was he that bad in the locker room?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/28/2019  1:39 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

The fact that he accepted such a contract mind boggling. Was he that bad in the locker room?

He also missed most of last season with injuries. The Lakers also has some misgivings from Dwight's first stint with the team.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
8/28/2019  3:47 PM
Dwight on the Melo track to oblivion. He got a deal. Noah didn't.
How did Dwight play on all those teams, make all that money and not a penny from the knicks?
GustavBahler

8/31/2019  10:10 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/enes-kanters-record-setting-summer-011155459.html
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/1/2019  2:42 PM
New Film School podcast with Adam Taylor from Celtic Center. Taylor gives a great review of Morris. He said he was the guy that got on guys that missed their rotation etc. He said he is a great leader and that Knick fans will love him He also spent some time talking about just how much of a team wrecker Kyrie is. They also talk about Kanter , Dolan and other stuff.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/1/2019  4:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:New Film School podcast with Adam Taylor from Celtic Center. Taylor gives a great review of Morris. He said he was the guy that got on guys that missed their rotation etc. He said he is a great leader and that Knick fans will love him He also spent some time talking about just how much of a team wrecker Kyrie is. They also talk about Kanter , Dolan and other stuff.

at least marcus wasn’t the towel-throwing twin.

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy