[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/9/2019  7:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:http://inquisitr.com/5519009/nba-rumors-magic-could-send-aaron-gordon-markelle-fultz-d-j-augustin-to-thunder-for-russell-westbrook/amp/

Despite his lucrative contract that runs until the 2022-23 NBA season, Russell Westbrook is still expected to receive plenty of interest once he becomes officially available on the trading block. According to Brad Botkin of CBS Sports, one of the NBA teams that could take a chance to acquire Westbrook is the Orlando Magic.

“There are a couple ways Orlando, which remains in need of an impact point guard, could go about this. The first package would include Aaron Gordon, along with Markelle Fultz and D.J. Augustin. The Thunder get Gordon, who is locked up for the next three years on a pretty team-friendly deal at an average annual salary of about $19 million, and take a shot on Fultz. If he somehow comes out of his funk and rediscovers his game, the Thunder win huge. If not, the Thunder have added Gordon and cleared their books of Fultz and Augustin by next summer.”

In the proposed trade deal by CBS Sports, the Magic will be sending a trade package including Aaron Gordon, Markelle Fultz, and D.J. Augustin to the Thunder in exchange for Russell Westbrook. The deal works on ESPN‘s NBA Trade Machine.

Guessing it will be between Miami and Orlando, although Westbrook might be pushing for South Beach, lol. Also Riley is there, and Spoelstra, and his finals experience.

The problem with Miami is OKC owns 2 of their picks, so why would they want to help make them better? Maybe they do it if the heat agrees to remove the protection on the 2023 pick

Dont believe that would be an impediment. If thats Westbrook's first choice, Im guessing they will try to accommodate him. He was their franchise player for more than a decade, would be a bad look for them if PG gets traded to the Clips (as requested) after one season. And Russ gets sent somewhere he doesnt want to go.

AUTOADVERT
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
7/9/2019  7:48 PM
I like getting Morris and Portia and Taj on the team. These guys are not soft.

The last tough player we had was ... was it Kenyon st the end?

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/9/2019  9:59 PM
Marcus Morris did he sign?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/10/2019  4:25 AM
Yoo Willie Cauley Stein went to GSW on a two year 4.4 deal. I’m very surprised we didn’t jump on him earlier. He would have made a perfect guy to start/ backup Robinson. Knicks moving bad
The Future is Bright!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2019  7:58 AM
TPercy wrote:Yoo Willie Cauley Stein went to GSW on a two year 4.4 deal. I’m very surprised we didn’t jump on him earlier. He would have made a perfect guy to start/ backup Robinson. Knicks moving bad

Not at all. We have Robinson. WCS got minutes with strong leadership in place. Here he’d be like SAC two years ago. Still putting things together. He will play next to draymond. The future belongs to Robinson.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2019  9:17 AM
TPercy wrote:Yoo Willie Cauley Stein went to GSW on a two year 4.4 deal. I’m very surprised we didn’t jump on him earlier. He would have made a perfect guy to start/ backup Robinson. Knicks moving bad

I think WCS falls into the low IQ category and the Knicks were happy to avoid.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/10/2019  12:55 PM
Me thinks you didnt follow WCS very well this year. Pass on WCS. You would turn on this guy so fast
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/10/2019  2:20 PM
fishmike wrote:
Me thinks you didnt follow WCS very well this year. Pass on WCS. You would turn on this guy so fast

He will do better on a team like GS. They have people there to keep him line.
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Nalod
USA
7/10/2019  2:23 PM
They made McGee look good.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/10/2019  3:01 PM
Nalod wrote:They made McGee look good.

A healthy Klay and KD would me look good lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
7/11/2019  8:04 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:They made McGee look good.

A healthy Klay and KD would me look good lol

Thats my point. I think Boogie was on his way to a pay day if not gotten hurt.
He took a short deal and short money

Nalod
USA
7/11/2019  11:30 AM
Knicks kind of pulled a dick move on incentivizing Morris to recind his deal with SAS?
who iniciates? Did Morris' agent knowingly come back to knicks and ask if Morris does that would we be interested and pay the $14.5mm? or Knicks come a 'knocking?

Aggressive tactic.

Remember when Carlos Boozer got Cavs, specifically Gordon Gund to renegotiate his second round contract? In good faith they wanted to pay Booze more as he clearly outperformed his contract. They do it, then Utah swoops in and blows them by upping the contract to 68mm from Cav's 41mm. He was set to earn $700k. 27mm MORE over 4 years. Pelinka was his agent and publically tried to get him to stay in Clev. Cav's fans went nuts and felt betrayed. Booze felt like in the aftermath his agency betrayed him to look bad. It was big. Obviously everyone did ok in the aftermath.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/11/2019  1:59 PM
Ouch baby ouch...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chauncey-billups-on-why-carmelo-anthony-isnt-in-the-nba-scoring-30-meant-too-much-to-melo-022527456.html

Carmelo Anthony hasn’t played since November and former teammate Chauncey Billups may have a reason why that may be the case.

Speaking on SiriusXM’s NBA radio, Billups shared how Anthony’s mindset has led him to being a free agent.

“I’ll tell you what, it’s so crazy — I feel bad for [Carmelo Anthony] and here’s why. ‘Melo was like a good teammate, man. ‘Melo practiced every day. He didn’t miss any games. Now, the only thing I will say — and I’ve even told ‘Melo this — scoring 30 [points] meant too much to ‘Melo. It meant too much because he could have games where he had 20, 22 [points], we win the game and he’s mad. He might have 36 and he’s in there, you know — we lose the game and he’s in there picking everybody up.”

This mindset has prevented Anthony from being willing to take on a backup role, something that is needed if he’d like to return.

“Scoring 30 meant too much, but I think now you fast forward the tape and the reason why he’s not in the league — because he’s still worthy — is he hasn’t mentally taken that step back to say, ‘OK, I’ll come in and play against back-ups. I’ll try to help the team out. I know I might not be able to close, but I just want to help.’ Well, he’s not there yet.”

Billups’ take is certainly harsh, but honest. Perhaps no one is better equipped to speak out about Anthony’s inability to find a team than Billups, who played alongside him on the Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks.

martin
USA
7/12/2019  1:20 PM
martin
USA
7/12/2019  2:40 PM

Nalod
USA
7/13/2019  8:09 AM
Opinion: I dont think the rockets under MDA fail at seasons end I think MDA has the team playing at such a high level they are expected to keep going. At some point it runs out and they are drained. There is nothing left.
Is that failure or playing over there heads?
BigDaddyG

7/13/2019  7:14 PM
Nalod wrote:Opinion: I dont think the rockets under MDA fail at seasons end I think MDA has the team playing at such a high level they are expected to keep going. At some point it runs out and they are drained. There is nothing left.

Part of coaching is managing minutes in a way that helps keep your team fresh through the post-season. If the scenario you described above plays out, how is it different from other playoff seasons?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
7/14/2019  11:20 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Opinion: I dont think the rockets under MDA fail at seasons end I think MDA has the team playing at such a high level they are expected to keep going. At some point it runs out and they are drained. There is nothing left.

Part of coaching is managing minutes in a way that helps keep your team fresh through the post-season. If the scenario you described above plays out, how is it different from other playoff seasons?

I think the Suns had one year in particular where they could have won a chip. Spurs and pop went full physical both out coached and outplayed that team. I forget who but they hip checked Nash and bled him on one play.
You make a good point but its a half full, half empty type of discussion. Does a team that manages its minutes and wins 54 games vs. a team that does not but wins 62 games the same or are expectations then distorted? Team wins 60 games, goes deep in playoffs with formula and then is cooked. We then say “Should have managed minutes......”. Chicken or the egg.

BigDaddyG

7/14/2019  1:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think the Suns had one year in particular where they could have won a chip. Spurs and pop went full physical both out coached and outplayed that team. I forget who but they hip checked Nash and bled him on one play.
You make a good point but its a half full, half empty type of discussion. Does a team that manages its minutes and wins 54 games vs. a team that does not but wins 62 games the same or are expectations then distorted? Team wins 60 games, goes deep in playoffs with formula and then is cooked. We then say “Should have managed minutes......”. Chicken or the egg.

You can easily make that argument if it is a coach with less baggage. But it's been an ongoing trend . I'll go on record as saying I think has been overrated. I'll also acknowledge his Phoenix team's were close one year. Heck, I'll even acknowledge that Morey played a major part for last season's failure by killing the team's depth. The stache's biggest issue is perception. But at some point you have to adjust, and he doesn't appear willing to do it. If the goal is to win a title or make a deep playoff run, then you put less focus on the regular season. Will fans care that you only won 48 games if you make it to the Conference Finals? Thibs, who has also has a bad rap for grinding his players down during the regular season, doesn't seem to get as much scrutiny as . Is it because he plays a relatable blue collar style or he's had fewer opportunities to fail on the big stage?

Nalod
USA
7/14/2019  4:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

You can easily make that argument if it is a coach with less baggage. But it's been an ongoing trend . I'll go on record as saying I think has been overrated. I'll also acknowledge his Phoenix team's were close one year. Heck, I'll even acknowledge that Morey played a major part for last season's failure by killing the team's depth. The stache's biggest issue is perception. But at some point you have to adjust, and he doesn't appear willing to do it. If the goal is to win a title or make a deep playoff run, then you put less focus on the regular season. Will fans care that you only won 48 games if you make it to the Conference Finals? Thibs, who has also has a bad rap for grinding his players down during the regular season, doesn't seem to get as much scrutiny as . Is it because he plays a relatable blue collar style or he's had fewer opportunities to fail on the big stage?

Maybe you don't give enough credit to the teams that beat them. Your assuming "They lost". Fact is, often your just beaten by a better team.
Its not so cut and dry, Im not sure either of us are wrong, or entirely correct. Maybe MDA is UNDERRATED by some measure?
His game has been adapted in some form by the Warriors and they were able to break thru with superior talent. Phil was correct to say up until then no team can win with that frantic pace. Then GSW broke thru the glass ceiling.

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy