[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

7/2/2019  7:16 AM
Does anyone understand the Butler trade? Is it true the Clips somehow got a first rounder for absorbing Harkless and his remaining one year?
(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/2/2019  8:21 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

FU Martin, he took a discount!

kinda tells you his value. He's great for that value.

Kanter was given 6 minutes to take or leave Portland's offer. Kanter didnt like the strongarm tactics, right after playing with a separated shoulder, and being the biggest reason they didnt get knocked out in the first round.

We dont know what they offered him. Pretty sure he could have gotten more if he wanted to play for a small market team, not a contender.

45 minutes, wow. I like Lillard, but that was a weak thing to do right after maxing out. Kanter wanted to talk to his family in Turkey first, through channels, because they will be jailed if they're caught. Not a very classy move by the Blazers or Lillard.

Portland wouldn’t have gotten as far as they did without Kanter.

Maybe, but they probably perform better with a healthy Nukic. Plus they Collins keeps improving and you have a nearly $70 million backcourt and you finding yourself needing to trim the fat. Boston is a good fit for Enes tho.

Yes but they didn’t have Nukic. Kanter did a great job filling in with what i believe was a separated shoulder.

Whether it was 6 minutes or 45 minutes, that’s piss poor business practice to give someone a short time frame like that. It’s essentially saying “FU Enes, we don’t want you here but here’s a bone to throw at your face for a few minutes.” Just tell him you aren’t interested. At least you aren’t burning a bridge, if you want to look at it selfishly.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/2/2019  8:48 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Kanter was given 6 minutes to take or leave Portland's offer. Kanter didnt like the strongarm tactics, right after playing with a separated shoulder, and being the biggest reason they didnt get knocked out in the first round.

We dont know what they offered him. Pretty sure he could have gotten more if he wanted to play for a small market team, not a contender.

45 minutes, wow. I like Lillard, but that was a weak thing to do right after maxing out. Kanter wanted to talk to his family in Turkey first, through channels, because they will be jailed if they're caught. Not a very classy move by the Blazers or Lillard.

Maybe, but they probably perform better with a healthy Nukic. Plus they Collins keeps improving and you have a nearly $70 million backcourt and you finding yourself needing to trim the fat. Boston is a good fit for Enes tho.

Yes but they didn’t have Nukic. Kanter did a great job filling in with what i believe was a separated shoulder.

Whether it was 6 minutes or 45 minutes, that’s piss poor business practice to give someone a short time frame like that. It’s essentially saying “FU Enes, we don’t want you here but here’s a bone to throw at your face for a few minutes.” Just tell him you aren’t interested. At least you aren’t burning a bridge, if you want to look at it selfishly.

Fact is, people will make excuses for anytime their hatred for one of our players does not work out. We released Kanter half way through the year. The guy loved the Knicks. Averaged 15 and 10. Had a great motor yet Knicks fans pushed the he doesn't play defense motto. Their go to. He was a former No.3. Agree that he has not lived up to expectations but for me this is the players Knick fans are so quick to give up on. But are the same to applaud a signing like Bobby Portis and hype the potential. Kanter is making 5 Million a year after performing quite well in Play offs. Portis is making 15 million after padding number on useless Wiz clan. Think there could be a case made that Knater may end up better than Randle, who we just paid $21 million. Ill stick to once a Knick always a Knick.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2019  9:00 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Fact is, people will make excuses for anytime their hatred for one of our players does not work out. We released Kanter half way through the year. The guy loved the Knicks. Averaged 15 and 10. Had a great motor yet Knicks fans pushed the he doesn't play defense motto. Their go to. He was a former No.3. Agree that he has not lived up to expectations but for me this is the players Knick fans are so quick to give up on. But are the same to applaud a signing like Bobby Portis and hype the potential. Kanter is making 5 Million a year after performing quite well in Play offs. Portis is making 15 million after padding number on useless Wiz clan. Think there could be a case made that Knater may end up better than Randle, who we just paid $21 million. Ill stick to once a Knick always a Knick.

Pay and retain him based on emotional attachment? GSW just released Iggy. But he has one year 17mm on his contract. Its a business.
Enes keeps getting screwed and thats his thing. Its his career Schtick. He was given an offer by Portland, He refused it. His market was set. 5mm.
WE won very few games despite his stats. We created an opportunity for cap space and if two stars was the objective it “failed”. Do you pay Enes 18mm again and not have the opportunity? Remember, you don’t know what happens. We did him a favor, we paid him his full amount and let him go to a team that wanted him as back up insurance. He did well. Do we really owe him more than that??

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/2/2019  9:10 AM
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Pay and retain him based on emotional attachment? GSW just released Iggy. But he has one year 17mm on his contract. Its a business.
Enes keeps getting screwed and thats his thing. Its his career Schtick. He was given an offer by Portland, He refused it. His market was set. 5mm.
WE won very few games despite his stats. We created an opportunity for cap space and if two stars was the objective it “failed”. Do you pay Enes 18mm again and not have the opportunity? Remember, you don’t know what happens. We did him a favor, we paid him his full amount and let him go to a team that wanted him as back up insurance. He did well. Do we really owe him more than that??

WE don’t owe him a dime. He was a decent Knick and I like him a lot. Hopefully his career is successful going forward and I especially hope he can re-connect with his family and he can stop living in fear if he travels.

The Portland Trailblazers owed him more than saying “You have 45 minutes.” Either they want him or not. Saying they aren’t willing to negotiate is a pu$$y move in this case. Just cut the cord at least.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/2/2019  10:12 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Allanfan, this is probably normal business practice for a front office during this part of free agency.

Cut throat world. Kanter and his agent absolutely understand this.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/2/2019  10:16 AM
Do we really think Enes had no clue what was going on? His agent didn't have the insight to tell him you can expect an offer between X and Y from Portland and A and B from someplace else

I think Enes is just hurt that he's not the stud he wants to be and putting on an act.

(BTW I like him as a general matter but he does act up from time to time)

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/2/2019  10:27 AM
Chandler wrote:Do we really think Enes had no clue what was going on? His agent didn't have the insight to tell him you can expect an offer between X and Y from Portland and A and B from someplace else

I think Enes is just hurt that he's not the stud he wants to be and putting on an act.

(BTW I like him as a general matter but he does act up from time to time)

Exactly.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/2/2019  10:43 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

What you saw happen with Kanter is exactly what the Knick fans who didnt love him were saying. His value is nothing close to the $20mm+ he was getting paid, and I most certainly did NOT want him coming back for some kind of extension under that contract. I dont think there are too many people here who wouldnt want Kanter for $5mm a year. He's been on good teams. He's been on some VERY good teams and those teams have been more than happy to let Kanter walk.

Knick fans didnt "push" the he doesnt motto. Enes did buy not playing any and by establishing himself as the worst P&R defender in the league. Good guy. Likable. Not an NBA starter.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/2/2019  10:51 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

What you saw happen with Kanter is exactly what the Knick fans who didnt love him were saying. His value is nothing close to the $20mm+ he was getting paid, and I most certainly did NOT want him coming back for some kind of extension under that contract. I dont think there are too many people here who wouldnt want Kanter for $5mm a year. He's been on good teams. He's been on some VERY good teams and those teams have been more than happy to let Kanter walk.

Knick fans didnt "push" the he doesnt motto. Enes did buy not playing any and by establishing himself as the worst P&R defender in the league. Good guy. Likable. Not an NBA starter.

True. Plus he did start acting like an ass eventually. I liked Kanter but he was never part of our future
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/2/2019  12:55 PM
Chandler wrote:Does anyone understand the Butler trade? Is it true the Clips somehow got a first rounder for absorbing Harkless and his remaining one year?

Yeah, I wish we'd been on the receiving end of that

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2019  12:58 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Think there could be a case made that Knater may end up better than Randle, who we just paid $21 million.

I can guarantee you that no one is ever going to make that case.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/2/2019  1:00 PM
Lakers fans must be on the edge of their seat- if this is all some ploy to weaken them by Kawhi (and really he's planning on staying in Toronto or going to the Clips), they'll go nuts. If he signs with them, they have a great shot at multiple chips. If he doesn't sign with the lakers, I really don't see what they do- all the big FAs are gone, nearly all the role players are gone. They gave up all their picks and recent 2nd rounders so they have no assets. 2020 FA is trash. It really is boom or bust for them.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/2/2019  3:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

These guys know weeks in advance via their agents what they will be offered.

Six minutes is a LONG TIME during the early stages of any FA period for any sport.

He's a Tier 4 FA, so he doesn't get the luxury of a Leonard type of player who can make everyone wait.

The marketplace has completely collapsed on big men in the NBA. There is no way the Knicks get Randle otherwise.

You want to make teams wait? Learn to hit a league average three point shot and be an actual rim protector. That simple.

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/2/2019  3:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Think there could be a case made that Knater may end up better than Randle, who we just paid $21 million.

You aren't from around here are you. LOL

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/2/2019  3:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Believe this is likely the best we will see from Kanter. Looking at what he did in the playoffs with one shoulder. Doing a great job of defending Jokic, MVP candidate.

His showing a midrange jumper. Id say that right now Kanter is the better player. When Randle can do what Kanter just did, Being the main reason a team was able to recover from the loss of a star player, and go deep in the playoffs. Then Randle can make that claim. Only one of them has proven themselves in the playoffs. Not a one off like Jerome James.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2019  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  4:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Believe this is likely the best we will see from Kanter. Looking at what he did in the playoffs with one shoulder. Doing a great job of defending Jokic, MVP candidate.

His showing a midrange jumper. Id say that right now Kanter is the better player. When Randle can do what Kanter just did, Being the main reason a team was able to recover from the loss of a star player, and go deep in the playoffs. Then Randle can make that claim. Only one of them has proven themselves in the playoffs. Not a one off like Jerome James.

Don't buy that argument. Are we to say that Danny Green has the right to say he's better than Luka Doncic because he's a battle hardened veteran who's had big games in the playoffs? Randle has never had the opportunity to showcase his skills in the postseason. Kanter had one good series and I'm happy for him. But he was middling in ever other series. He had a coach straight up say he can't play him. Also, I wouldn't call Julius a one-off. He's steadily improved and had a good year with the Lakers before he signed. If anyone is a one-off it's Kanter. He's had one playoff serious where he wasn't run off the court defensively. That was due to Portland's desperation and the switchability of guys like Aminu and Harmless.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

7/2/2019  4:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Don't buy that argument. Are we to say that Danny Green has the right to say he's better than Luka Doncic because he's a battle hardened veteran who's had big games in the playoffs? Randle has never had the opportunity to showcase his skills in the postseason. Kanter had one good series and I'm happy for him. But he was middling in ever other series. He had a coach straight up say he can't play him. Also, I wouldn't call Julius a one-off. He's steadily improved and had a good year with the Lakers before he signed. If anyone is a one-off it's Kanter. He's had one playoff serious where he wasn't run off the court defensively. That was due to Portland's desperation and the switchability of guys like Aminu and Harmless.

"One good series?" Go back and watch. One good series from Kanter wouldn't have gotten them to the WCF. No way.

Until a player proves themselves in the playoffs, you are just talking about potential. Body of work means something. There are regular season coaches and players. Dantoni and Harden would be a good example. I would take 2011 Kidd (old) over Harden in his prime. Why? Proven playoff success.

GustavBahler

7/2/2019  7:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2019  8:02 PM
Might have missed this in all the player movement. Going to be interesting team to watch next season. Dragic dominates the ball, more than Smith jr. Be interesting to see how Dragic adjusts to Doncic dominating the ball.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2019  8:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

He did all that and Portland still released him...And the Celts only signed him for 5 mil per...why do you think that is?

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy