[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/2/2019  12:11 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/jeff-goodman-id-be-surprised-if-kyrie-stays-boston?

I’d be surprised if he stays in Boston. You see his body language. You hear enough smoke, you know there's something going on here. Obviously, Kyrie’s kinda moody, he’s got a tight inner circle. So, I’m not sure how much validity some of (the rumors have), but again, I don’t expect him to be in Boston. You could see it in the locker room and with his teammates, that they almost don’t know how to take to Kyrie Irving.

I’ve known him a long time, Colin, and, honestly, he’s become tough to like. He has. Obviously, he's an elite level talent. But we saw it in the playoffs. He kinda got swallowed up because he's not the most athletic dude in the world. And this group was far more entertaining to watch a year ago in the playoffs with Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier. I’m not sure how many people in Boston, including Danny Ainge, would be that unhappy if Kyrie Irving leaves.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/2/2019  2:25 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

6/2/2019  6:56 PM
Congrats to Ruiz! "Rocky" like win. He's also a Knicks fan!

GustavBahler

6/2/2019  10:32 PM
Almost forgot, still think its not real?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/3/2019  7:28 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

That boy don’t look right.

GustavBahler

6/3/2019  10:03 AM
Clips are going hard at Durant/Kwahi, had no idea to what lengths. If Durant went to the Clips he would be looking to be part of the team that ends the Warriors dominance in the West. Dont know if thats important to him. If it isnt, maybe NY is in play. Find out soon enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-clippers-kevin-durant-kawhi-leonard-plan-still-afloat%3famp

Nalod
USA
6/3/2019  11:39 AM
Thought......and of course KD has to be down with this.........

KD is done and a knick. Easy.
Part two: Go after AD and gut the team? Not in favor of that.
I like the idea of Kyrie, but he is on another planet. Say not.
The timeline of KD on this roster in any form is weird.
But..... Nets will be looking to sign someone THEN sign D'angelo. Here is the rub, do you sign him for what he is or his potential?
This is the age old question with the NBA, not what he "is", but at age 23 what can he be? If you think he is still on the rise, swoop down and make a big fast offer. nets can sit and match. Question becomes do the Nets match in Three days.

Three days........You give Kyrie the first choice. Kemba the second. But if you going to pay a guy big time, do you want his best years ahead or pay for the ones he already had? Chris Paul is the poster child for this. John Wall might be next.

Likely moot as nets will match. Our timeline with Durant is weird. Our time line with AD gets thrown out the window.

OffDaMeterzzzz
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1052

6/3/2019  11:46 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:ODM, I remember you. I enjoyed your posts....

I am completely against this though. I’d rather sign nobody.

I’ll take Walker if you get KD or Kawhi. That’s about all.

Thanks Allanfan. I remember you and always enjoyed your posts as well. Allan Houston was my second favorite NBA player, after Derek Harper.

Regarding free agency, I really hope the Knicks don't just sign someone for the sake of signing simply because we have cap space. That would only set us back and be a repeat of the same old same old. Example: Tim Hardaway Jr, chucking, non-play making, bench player to a long term deal.

OffDaMeterzzzz
Member: #1052

6/3/2019  11:54 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Walker would be fine. He's a good player who was built for NY and is low-baggage. He stays healthy and can lead the way while the young guys develop. No one would be expecting a title, but he would improve the team and allow guys like Barrett, Knox, and Mitch to continue to grow at their own rate. No to Harris though, he doesn't really bring anything new to the table and isn't a star.

I want stars, or guys that will be stars. Im ok with Rookies but know not all turn out. More rookies, more chance one or more can be a star.
Same for Harris. at 26 he is a 20 amd 8 player. Can knox get there? I think so. Gonna take a while. I'd pass on Harris at big money.
Kid is Fron Dix Hills, So he from NY too!!! LOL
Personally Kemba being from the Bronx, Kyrie from NY don't mean a thing unless its on the court. Im picking players, not where they are from. Carmelo "came home". Did any of that ever matter??? It did at first but it never added any value. I like Melo.
I can't stand KP, but all I care is what he did on the court in a knick uniform!!!

I have strong reservations about Knox. Many of you may disagree, however I saw a low percentage, high volume shooter, who chucks up shots, and makes no plays for anyone but himself. Fizdale gave him the green light to do what he wants with what seemed like no direction at all. Isolation basketball.

Nalod
USA
6/3/2019  12:02 PM
OffDaMeterzzzz wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Walker would be fine. He's a good player who was built for NY and is low-baggage. He stays healthy and can lead the way while the young guys develop. No one would be expecting a title, but he would improve the team and allow guys like Barrett, Knox, and Mitch to continue to grow at their own rate. No to Harris though, he doesn't really bring anything new to the table and isn't a star.

I want stars, or guys that will be stars. Im ok with Rookies but know not all turn out. More rookies, more chance one or more can be a star.
Same for Harris. at 26 he is a 20 amd 8 player. Can knox get there? I think so. Gonna take a while. I'd pass on Harris at big money.
Kid is Fron Dix Hills, So he from NY too!!! LOL
Personally Kemba being from the Bronx, Kyrie from NY don't mean a thing unless its on the court. Im picking players, not where they are from. Carmelo "came home". Did any of that ever matter??? It did at first but it never added any value. I like Melo.
I can't stand KP, but all I care is what he did on the court in a knick uniform!!!

I have strong reservations about Knox. Many of you may disagree, however I saw a low percentage, high volume shooter, who chucks up shots, and makes no plays for anyone but himself. Fizdale gave him the green light to do what he wants with what seemed like no direction at all. Isolation basketball.

I won't do this, but I suspect his last 20 games showed a different metric than the first 20. Seemed the shooting % got better, more FT, rebounding, etc.
Full season does not tell the story as much as smaller samples. Kid is 19. My take is Fiz let him get the feel for the NBA first and foremost. Same for Trier. Frank too but he is cut from another cloth. Big changes are coming and we'll see how the culture galvanizes into a system of play. It was chaos ball play. I agree.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/3/2019  9:35 PM
We're signing someone?
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
GustavBahler

6/3/2019  11:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Clips are going hard at Durant/Kwahi, had no idea to what lengths. If Durant went to the Clips he would be looking to be part of the team that ends the Warriors dominance in the West. Dont know if thats important to him. If it isnt, maybe NY is in play. Find out soon enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-clippers-kevin-durant-kawhi-leonard-plan-still-afloat%3famp

Didnt catch this, Clips really are pulling out all the stops. Kahwi/KD to Clippers wont be a big surprise, if it happens.

From WAPO..

The New York Times reported last week that the Clippers “are said to have quietly looked into the feasibility of purchasing the portion of the rights to Leonard’s ‘Klaw’ logo that is still owned by Nike.” The Clippers could then, at least theoretically, offer control of the logo to Leonard as a lure to sign with them, though such an arrangement would likely prompt questions from the NBA about possible salary-cap violations.
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/4/2019  2:51 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Interesting if true. Wonder if Charlotte has already made it's peace with Kemba's departure.

Why would they be unwilling to max out Kemba (he'll definitely stay if they do), but would be fine paying CP3 $40mil per year? If you look at the Hornets salaries, it should be pretty easy to dump salary to save money (they have three players on big expiring contracts who contribute little), so I think they will keep Kemba

Nalod
USA
6/4/2019  8:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Interesting if true. Wonder if Charlotte has already made it's peace with Kemba's departure.

Why would they be unwilling to max out Kemba (he'll definitely stay if they do), but would be fine paying CP3 $40mil per year? If you look at the Hornets salaries, it should be pretty easy to dump salary to save money (they have three players on big expiring contracts who contribute little), so I think they will keep Kemba

Miami and Charlotte have some bloat in their salary and make no bones about it the would be moving a bit of it.

Paul has two years left and Hornets have a few with one year. Lose Kemba, bring Paul, a NC native who went to school at Wake Forest would be a starphuch marketing move while they rebuild itself.
Net-Net its one year of Paul vs. 5 potentially of Kemba plus the one year of expiring. I kind of get why they would do it.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/4/2019  11:32 AM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Miami and Charlotte have some bloat in their salary and make no bones about it the would be moving a bit of it.

Paul has two years left and Hornets have a few with one year. Lose Kemba, bring Paul, a NC native who went to school at Wake Forest would be a starphuch marketing move while they rebuild itself.
Net-Net its one year of Paul vs. 5 potentially of Kemba plus the one year of expiring. I kind of get why they would do it.

Not sure if Houston has the stomach for it, but if they are really trying to get out of that Paul contract, Batum would actually be a very good fit in Houston at the 3 alongside a backcourt of Harden and Gordon. He would bring back some elements of Ariza that they miss.

GustavBahler

6/5/2019  1:37 PM
https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/is-this-a-sign-knicks-free-agent-target-kawhi-leonard-is-staying-with-raptors/307727192

It was reported during a Toronto morning show with host Michael Landsberg, with a contributing report from TrueHoop.com's David Thorpe, that Leonard had just purchased a new property in the city. 
Nalod
USA
6/5/2019  3:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/is-this-a-sign-knicks-free-agent-target-kawhi-leonard-is-staying-with-raptors/307727192

It was reported during a Toronto morning show with host Michael Landsberg, with a contributing report from TrueHoop.com's David Thorpe, that Leonard had just purchased a new property in the city. 

1. if Raptors win this series Ujiri is a freaking executive god! No Lebron and Boston imploded. Milwaukee was a surprise but too green perhaps and the freak is just not there yet.

2. They catered the franchise to Kawhi every whim. Dialed in his values and health values. They pressed all the buttons. Im sure Clippers will also. Spurs really set in their ways and felt they created him. Can't say I blame them for that level of thinking. If they can get him to stay that puts Ujiri in star category.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/5/2019  4:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/is-this-a-sign-knicks-free-agent-target-kawhi-leonard-is-staying-with-raptors/307727192

1. if Raptors win this series Ujiri is a freaking executive god! No Lebron and Boston imploded. Milwaukee was a surprise but too green perhaps and the freak is just not there yet.

2. They catered the franchise to Kawhi every whim. Dialed in his values and health values. They pressed all the buttons. Im sure Clippers will also. Spurs really set in their ways and felt they created him. Can't say I blame them for that level of thinking. If they can get him to stay that puts Ujiri in star category.

That also makes Toronto a major franchise that people will actually want to go to. They’ll look pretty bad though if they can’t beat the Warriors, if the Warriors can’t get healthy. If Klay is better and Durant return, then fun time is over for the Raptors.... at least for the finals.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/5/2019  6:02 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

That also makes Toronto a major franchise that people will actually want to go to. They’ll look pretty bad though if they can’t beat the Warriors, if the Warriors can’t get healthy. If Klay is better and Durant return, then fun time is over for the Raptors.... at least for the finals.

Maybe a little. Taxes, weather and travel still remain huge free agent deterrent s.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
6/7/2019  8:15 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Maybe a little. Taxes, weather and travel still remain huge free agent deterrent s.

Am I wrong to think Toronto can adjust its salary to compensate for taxes?
California Taxes are pretty bad BTW!

Toronto can Offer something no other team can’t: LOVE OF A COUNTRY!!
LA can’t guarantee a City!!!

Free Agency 2019 (6/30 6pm ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy