knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
shinmen wrote:Do they have that much cap space and assets to make a splash like that?

They have like $55-$60 mil and like i said if they can get the Pels or any team to take on A.Crabbe's contract then they would have enough or close enough that a couple minor moves be made to get there like adding D.Carroll in the A.Davis trade or other smaller parts. Sp they could get there but would have some work to do to do it.

DCarroll is an expiring.... I don't think you can move him in the way you think.

Yeah he is but they still wouldn't need him to be able to come up with enough to sign two max players anyway. A.Crabbe is the guy they would need to get someone like the Pels or another team to take on for them to be able to afford two max guys.

First they would need to use picks and/or players to get rid of Crabbe. Then probably not resign most of their team including DRussell and maybe RHJ. And then maybe they have room got 2 max guys.

Have you done the salary cap math?

I already posted that they have $55-$60 mil right now which is obviously with D.Russell not under contract so now add A.Crabbe's $18 mil to that and they now have enough money for two max players. If it was too close and they need to get rid of a RHJ to get a couple max players then i'm sure they wouldn't have a problem doing that.

It's already been said on here multiple times that they would need to give up something to get a team to take on the Crabbe contract. This happens every offseason where a team takes a bad contract from another team to help them out but gets compensated to do it.

Teams are not doing that anymore, especially since tanking isn't a sure ticket to a top pick.

Crabbee sucks, it's not like he was putting respectable #s like THJ who makes roughly the same amount.

Teams are absolutely still doing it. The Knicks did it in the Porzingis trade getting rid of THJ and C.Lee.

yeah but the reward was KP, and THJ wasn't a throw in, the Mavs actually wanted him..lee was probable a throw in because they were getting 3 other solid players in KP, THJ, and Burke.

You want the pels to take back a horrible contract from the nets along with giving up their best player..lol

The Mavs wanted Timmy? Hahaha you don't have to make stuff up to try to prove your point. It still happens just like it happened last year and will happen again this year. Teams will absolutely take on a one year bad contract if a 1st round pick or some good asset comes with taking on that contract.

Yes! The Mavs wanted Timmy's 6 yr experience as a role-player to be the 3rd or 4th scoring option in their guard-rotation. When Timmy's not a first or 2nd option scorer in a lineup his performance become consistent, something coach Carlilse couldn't get from Wes Mathews & DSJr in the guard rotation.

For some reason (KG & Pierce), I don't see the Nets making any type of trade to bring in a super-star player on a short contract .. again.

Can you show me the link to the article saying Dallas wanted Timmy and please from an actual legit source?? I'd actually like to see that article if you could?

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/28/2019  12:31 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
shinmen wrote:Do they have that much cap space and assets to make a splash like that?

They have like $55-$60 mil and like i said if they can get the Pels or any team to take on A.Crabbe's contract then they would have enough or close enough that a couple minor moves be made to get there like adding D.Carroll in the A.Davis trade or other smaller parts. Sp they could get there but would have some work to do to do it.

DCarroll is an expiring.... I don't think you can move him in the way you think.

Yeah he is but they still wouldn't need him to be able to come up with enough to sign two max players anyway. A.Crabbe is the guy they would need to get someone like the Pels or another team to take on for them to be able to afford two max guys.

First they would need to use picks and/or players to get rid of Crabbe. Then probably not resign most of their team including DRussell and maybe RHJ. And then maybe they have room got 2 max guys.

I already posted that they have $55-$60 mil right now which is obviously with D.Russell not under contract so now add A.Crabbe's $18 mil to that and they now have enough money for two max players. If it was too close and they need to get rid of a RHJ to get a couple max players then i'm sure they wouldn't have a problem doing that.

It's already been said on here multiple times that they would need to give up something to get a team to take on the Crabbe contract. This happens every offseason where a team takes a bad contract from another team to help them out but gets compensated to do it.

Teams are not doing that anymore, especially since tanking isn't a sure ticket to a top pick.

Crabbee sucks, it's not like he was putting respectable #s like THJ who makes roughly the same amount.

Teams are absolutely still doing it. The Knicks did it in the Porzingis trade getting rid of THJ and C.Lee.

yeah but the reward was KP, and THJ wasn't a throw in, the Mavs actually wanted him..lee was probable a throw in because they were getting 3 other solid players in KP, THJ, and Burke.

You want the pels to take back a horrible contract from the nets along with giving up their best player..lol

The Mavs wanted Timmy? Hahaha you don't have to make stuff up to try to prove your point. It still happens just like it happened last year and will happen again this year. Teams will absolutely take on a one year bad contract if a 1st round pick or some good asset comes with taking on that contract.

Yes! The Mavs wanted Timmy's 6 yr experience as a role-player to be the 3rd or 4th scoring option in their guard-rotation. When Timmy's not a first or 2nd option scorer in a lineup his performance become consistent, something coach Carlilse couldn't get from Wes Mathews & DSJr in the guard rotation.

For some reason (KG & Pierce), I don't see the Nets making any type of trade to bring in a super-star player on a short contract .. again.

Can you show me the link to the article saying Dallas wanted Timmy and please from an actual legit source?? I'd actually like to see that article if you could?

When i say they wanted thj, Im not talking about he was a " make it or break it" part of the deal, Im saying he is a very useful player they can use as a 2nd or 3rd option. If your comparing Crabe and THJ considering heir salaries are almost dead on, your going with THJ any day of the wk.

I'm almost certain that if Crab was in the KP package, those 2 1st round picks are off the table

ES
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/28/2019  1:32 PM
Give me a break.......

Broussard and Cowherd are the biggest hacks in their respective industry. Can anyone remember when the last time Broussard's "sources" were anywhere close to being accurate?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/28/2019  4:43 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Give me a break.......

Broussard and Cowherd are the biggest hacks in their respective industry. Can anyone remember when the last time Broussard's "sources" were anywhere close to being accurate?

I saw on twitter that Isola and Bondy are reporting similar things. They might be the next biggest hacks. The Net stuff should die down on June 30th. They might be the second choice for Tobias.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/29/2019  7:46 AM
IMHO, Since Durant or anyone close to him his refuted any knick insinuation logic dictates a tactic by him and his camp to dilute the rumors by floating others out there. Its respective to the warriors in some fashion as well.
Reduces the collusion or tampering effects if any. Just a thought. WE’ll know in about a month!
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/6/2019  8:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Ahem ahem....so as i was trying to tell you..............................

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/6/2019  8:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

The Mavs are trying to move Lee. The Knicks moved a lot of salary but KP was the prize. I think the Nets get squeezed a bit if they try to dump Crabbe.

right, and you would think the pels would do the same thing here..You want AD, well take a BAD contract off our hands.

newyorker is acting like the nets are doing them a favor by off loading Crabbe's contract

What the F**k are you talking about now? All i was very simply saying, which you said wasn't true, was that teams take on bad contracts if a a asset comes with it and you very clearly said that teams don't do that anymore. FOH

I dont think crab's expiring contract is an asset because teams and players are signing one yr deals like crazy, last offseason was the most ever..

The knicks have enough cap to cover AD's contract without having to match it with salary going back.

Basically i don't think Boston or the NETS are in play for AD, unless he confirms that he will resign with them. Boston took that chance with Kyrie and are on the brink of losing him, and what did he do for them in 2 seasons..nothing special, yet they gave up some decent assets ( 8th #pick sexton all star IT.and some solid rol players)

Ahem Ahem

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/6/2019  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/6/2019  10:37 PM

Cough cough
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/6/2019  10:39 PM
However I'm still hopeful it rules the nets out of the AD trade as if your the pelican, surely you'd rather take on crabbes expiring WITH two first rounders than just cap space? But who knows
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/7/2019  8:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/7/2019  8:11 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Ahem ahem....so as i was trying to tell you..............................

NY1248 made an impressive gaff with conviction!
Dude, trying to predict a chess game where your not a player at the board or guessing others moves based on your own thoughts without nearly all the information is one thing. It’s another to state with conviction something and then “bam” it happens. It’s kinda funny. We all wrong BTW, its just some of us are not arrogant about it. A man must know his limitations.
The biggest mistake fans make is thinking the past will dictate the future. Nets problems stem from not having a bankable star and have been awful the last few years. Nets won’t take the city by storm until they win. There are a lot of people NOT attached to the knicks like we are. Nets might not even with a chip but they will grab a big slice if they get relevant before we do. Don’t think as a die heart knick fan, have to approach things objectively with a perspective. Also respect what they have done and are doing.
Damn Nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy