smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/22/2019  11:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
shinmen wrote:Do they have that much cap space and assets to make a splash like that?

They could be a threat- send Crabbes $18mil to help make up the numbers, Jarret Allen, joe Harris or leVert and picks. Then sign Kyrie who seems to want to play in Brooklyn

I think Crabbe’s deal is close to unmoveable. Minimally they would need to move a first with him to get a team to take on his deal. I think with this free agent class a team trying to clear cap will pay a high price. I also wonder if there is any animosity towards Marks with the poison pill type deals he has been offering to restricted free agents.

I think fans should know by now that no contract is unmoveable as long as the team trying to trade that player is good with giving up an asset or assets to move that player because there's plenty of bad teams that will take assets that will help them build to take on a big contract for one year or even 2 years. Some really bad players with big contracts have been moved by teams over the years. Dallas was able to move Harrison Barnes and his huge contract last year and we moved Timmy and C.Lee.

Sure but do you take on Crabbe’s deal to move your top 5 player? Also, I think teamsprice gauge the nets to take on Crabbe.

It's one year! one year deals aren't toxic!

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/22/2019  11:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
shinmen wrote:Do they have that much cap space and assets to make a splash like that?

They could be a threat- send Crabbes $18mil to help make up the numbers, Jarret Allen, joe Harris or leVert and picks. Then sign Kyrie who seems to want to play in Brooklyn

I think Crabbe’s deal is close to unmoveable. Minimally they would need to move a first with him to get a team to take on his deal. I think with this free agent class a team trying to clear cap will pay a high price. I also wonder if there is any animosity towards Marks with the poison pill type deals he has been offering to restricted free agents.

I think fans should know by now that no contract is unmoveable as long as the team trying to trade that player is good with giving up an asset or assets to move that player because there's plenty of bad teams that will take assets that will help them build to take on a big contract for one year or even 2 years. Some really bad players with big contracts have been moved by teams over the years. Dallas was able to move Harrison Barnes and his huge contract last year and we moved Timmy and C.Lee.

Sure but do you take on Crabbe’s deal to move your top 5 player? Also, I think teamsprice gauge the nets to take on Crabbe.

So which teams will have the $18M to absorb Crabbes contract and what do you think the cost may be?

Feel like only Atlanta really has the space

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
5/22/2019  12:08 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

So which teams will have the $18M to absorb Crabbes contract and what do you think the cost may be?

The Pelicans! I was talking about the Nets doing an AD trade, and said they could use Crabbes contract to make the salaries match, along with picks, Jarrett Allen and either Joe harris or LeVert- I think that's a package that would appeal to Griffin. In that context, I was saying Crabbes 1 year $18mil wouldn't be seen as a terrible thing for the pelicans.

If they were trying to just dump Crabbe, then likely price would be 1 to 2 first rounders, though for some reason if it was the Knicks in exactly the same situation, we'd be charged an extra pick out of spite!

martin
USA
5/22/2019  12:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

The Pelicans! I was talking about the Nets doing an AD trade, and said they could use Crabbes contract to make the salaries match, along with picks, Jarrett Allen and either Joe harris or LeVert- I think that's a package that would appeal to Griffin. In that context, I was saying Crabbes 1 year $18mil wouldn't be seen as a terrible thing for the pelicans.

If they were trying to just dump Crabbe, then likely price would be 1 to 2 first rounders, though for some reason if it was the Knicks in exactly the same situation, we'd be charged an extra pick out of spite!

ha serves me right for jumping in half way and thinking convo was about something else

smackeddog
5/22/2019  3:59 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

ha serves me right for jumping in half way and thinking convo was about something else

Ha, I was thinking “how is this even a controversial point?!*

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/22/2019  8:35 PM
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

They have like $55-$60 mil and like i said if they can get the Pels or any team to take on A.Crabbe's contract then they would have enough or close enough that a couple minor moves be made to get there like adding D.Carroll in the A.Davis trade or other smaller parts. Sp they could get there but would have some work to do to do it.

DCarroll is an expiring.... I don't think you can move him in the way you think.

Yeah he is but they still wouldn't need him to be able to come up with enough to sign two max players anyway. A.Crabbe is the guy they would need to get someone like the Pels or another team to take on for them to be able to afford two max guys.

martin
USA
5/22/2019  8:51 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

They have like $55-$60 mil and like i said if they can get the Pels or any team to take on A.Crabbe's contract then they would have enough or close enough that a couple minor moves be made to get there like adding D.Carroll in the A.Davis trade or other smaller parts. Sp they could get there but would have some work to do to do it.

DCarroll is an expiring.... I don't think you can move him in the way you think.

Yeah he is but they still wouldn't need him to be able to come up with enough to sign two max players anyway. A.Crabbe is the guy they would need to get someone like the Pels or another team to take on for them to be able to afford two max guys.

First they would need to use picks and/or players to get rid of Crabbe. Then probably not resign most of their team including DRussell and maybe RHJ. And then maybe they have room got 2 max guys.

Have you done the salary cap math?

smackeddog
5/23/2019  4:46 AM

When we landed Perry from the Kings, we were banned from dealing with the Kings for a year to avoid insider dealings- I wonder if the Nets and Pels will have the same.

newyorker4ever

5/23/2019  9:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2019  9:48 AM
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

First they would need to use picks and/or players to get rid of Crabbe. Then probably not resign most of their team including DRussell and maybe RHJ. And then maybe they have room got 2 max guys.

I already posted that they have $55-$60 mil right now which is obviously with D.Russell not under contract so now add A.Crabbe's $18 mil to that and they now have enough money for two max players. If it was too close and they need to get rid of a RHJ to get a couple max players then i'm sure they wouldn't have a problem doing that.

It's already been said on here multiple times that they would need to give up something to get a team to take on the Crabbe contract. This happens every offseason where a team takes a bad contract from another team to help them out but gets compensated to do it.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/23/2019  10:46 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I already posted that they have $55-$60 mil right now which is obviously with D.Russell not under contract so now add A.Crabbe's $18 mil to that and they now have enough money for two max players. If it was too close and they need to get rid of a RHJ to get a couple max players then i'm sure they wouldn't have a problem doing that.

It's already been said on here multiple times that they would need to give up something to get a team to take on the Crabbe contract. This happens every offseason where a team takes a bad contract from another team to help them out but gets compensated to do it.

Teams are not doing that anymore, especially since tanking isn't a sure ticket to a top pick.

Crabbee sucks, it's not like he was putting respectable #s like THJ who makes roughly the same amount.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/23/2019  12:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Teams are not doing that anymore, especially since tanking isn't a sure ticket to a top pick.

Crabbee sucks, it's not like he was putting respectable #s like THJ who makes roughly the same amount.

LOL< you just made a good case that Mills did not destroy the universe with his contact.

But your right I don't think teams are "helping" as much as using cap space to gain assets. It can be done but with a different spin. For example we strike out in free agency, and we take Crabbe who is serviceable at the very least for a 20-30 protected pick. what is Crabb really worth? Not 18mm. But half? 9mm? Just saying, thus we in effect bought a late first round pick for 9 mil (over pay). Might get you a Jokic (picked 41st), Mitch or a DLee type value. Or nothing.

newyorker4ever

5/23/2019  2:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2019  2:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Teams are absolutely still doing it. The Knicks did it in the Porzingis trade getting rid of THJ and C.Lee.

knicks1248
5/23/2019  3:30 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Teams are absolutely still doing it. The Knicks did it in the Porzingis trade getting rid of THJ and C.Lee.

yeah but the reward was KP, and THJ wasn't a throw in, the Mavs actually wanted him..lee was probable a throw in because they were getting 3 other solid players in KP, THJ, and Burke.

You want the pels to take back a horrible contract from the nets along with giving up their best player..lol

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2019  4:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

yeah but the reward was KP, and THJ wasn't a throw in, the Mavs actually wanted him..lee was probable a throw in because they were getting 3 other solid players in KP, THJ, and Burke.

You want the pels to take back a horrible contract from the nets along with giving up their best player..lol

The Mavs are trying to move Lee. The Knicks moved a lot of salary but KP was the prize. I think the Nets get squeezed a bit if they try to dump Crabbe.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
5/23/2019  4:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

The Mavs are trying to move Lee. The Knicks moved a lot of salary but KP was the prize. I think the Nets get squeezed a bit if they try to dump Crabbe.

right, and you would think the pels would do the same thing here..You want AD, well take a BAD contract off our hands.

newyorker is acting like the nets are doing them a favor by off loading Crabbe's contract

ES
newyorker4ever

5/24/2019  9:27 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

The Mavs wanted Timmy? Hahaha you don't have to make stuff up to try to prove your point. It still happens just like it happened last year and will happen again this year. Teams will absolutely take on a one year bad contract if a 1st round pick or some good asset comes with taking on that contract.

newyorker4ever

5/24/2019  9:29 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

right, and you would think the pels would do the same thing here..You want AD, well take a BAD contract off our hands.

newyorker is acting like the nets are doing them a favor by off loading Crabbe's contract

What the F**k are you talking about now? All i was very simply saying, which you said wasn't true, was that teams take on bad contracts if a a asset comes with it and you very clearly said that teams don't do that anymore. FOH

knicks1248
5/24/2019  2:08 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

What the F**k are you talking about now? All i was very simply saying, which you said wasn't true, was that teams take on bad contracts if a a asset comes with it and you very clearly said that teams don't do that anymore. FOH

I dont think crab's expiring contract is an asset because teams and players are signing one yr deals like crazy, last offseason was the most ever..

The knicks have enough cap to cover AD's contract without having to match it with salary going back.

Basically i don't think Boston or the NETS are in play for AD, unless he confirms that he will resign with them. Boston took that chance with Kyrie and are on the brink of losing him, and what did he do for them in 2 seasons..nothing special, yet they gave up some decent assets ( 8th #pick sexton all star IT.and some solid rol players)

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/24/2019  11:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I dont think crab's expiring contract is an asset because teams and players are signing one yr deals like crazy, last offseason was the most ever..

The knicks have enough cap to cover AD's contract without having to match it with salary going back.

Basically i don't think Boston or the NETS are in play for AD, unless he confirms that he will resign with them. Boston took that chance with Kyrie and are on the brink of losing him, and what did he do for them in 2 seasons..nothing special, yet they gave up some decent assets ( 8th #pick sexton all star IT.and some solid rol players)

If Kyrie stays in Boston I think they get AD. If they offer Tatum and or Brown they have the best offer. If not I think the Lakers have the best deal. I think Griffin is practical and would do a deal with the Lakers.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/26/2019  3:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/26/2019  3:12 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

The Mavs wanted Timmy? Hahaha you don't have to make stuff up to try to prove your point. It still happens just like it happened last year and will happen again this year. Teams will absolutely take on a one year bad contract if a 1st round pick or some good asset comes with taking on that contract.

Yes! The Mavs wanted Timmy's 6 yr experience as a role-player to be the 3rd or 4th scoring option in their guard-rotation. When Timmy's not a first or 2nd option scorer in a lineup his performance become consistent, something coach Carlilse couldn't get from Wes Mathews & DSJr in the guard rotation.

For some reason (KG & Pierce), I don't see the Nets making any type of trade to bring in a super-star player on a short contract .. again.

Damn Nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy