[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Good article on Kyrie from the Boston Herald.
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/21/2019  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2019  10:12 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe Irving will be able to keep his stuff together in NY. Dont believe he will move the ball (as a PG) enough to make signing any other big time FA worth it. Thats why LeBron took over the PG spot. Kyrie as starting PG didnt work in Cleveland with a GOAT contender, didnt work in Boston. Why the F does anyone believe after watching Boston in the last series that it will work here? I dont see any scenario where Kyrie to the Knicks gets us a ring without LeBron.

I won't go that far. They did lose to what now appears to be one of the top 3 teams in the league. Kyrie looked good the series before and he looked real good as their lead ball-handler last year. There were obviously other things going on with that team this season. Now, if you want to get into his leadership abilities, that's fair. But he'd probably be coming here with another GOAT contender.

Agreed about the celts losing to the best team in the east...on top of that, before he got injured last year, Kyrie was in the discussion for league MVP...this year, there were too many individuals on the celts that had their own agendas so Bostons struggles weren't all on Kyrie.

Also, if Kyrie was such a disaster, why the hell the Celts want resign him?

AD, thats why, Celtics folly.

Kyrie must not sit on the Garden throne!!!

If the only way to get KD here is for Kyrie to sit beside him on the MSG throne, you do it!! If we are serious about trying to win a title, that's what you do...only mvp calibre talent win titles....Durant is good enough with a good supporting cast to knock of Giannis in the east...Knox and Barrett as the lead dawgs will get us to the 8th seed, maybe in a couple of years.

Would rather watch drama on HBO than at MSG. Kyrie is Drama with a capital D. Its Marbury all over again, but with more injuries.

Compared to Marbury, Kyrie is an afterschool special. Other than media speculation that Kyrie wasn't a good leader for the Celts, what drama did Kyrie cause? Most of the drama was created by talking-heads on ESPN, Foxsports and podcast that nothing better to talk about other than "is Kyrie coming to NY", or studying his body language and assuming he was a problem in the locker room which was refuted by Marcus Smart.

Just because Kyrie isnt eating vaseline doesn't mean there isnt potential for drama. Forced his way off the Cavs, drama. Threw his Boston teammates under the bus with his comments before and during the playoffs.Rozier was saying that Kyrie wasnt doing what had been planned in practice.

You have an awful shooting performance, and your answer is not that you should have trusted your teammates more, but say you should have taken many more shots, is drama. Its throwing your team under the bus. And you want Kyrie in NY as the starting PG.

*Players forcing their way off of teams is the new norm...its how we got Melo. It's how Paul George landed in OKC, etc. It's players taking control of their own destiny as opposed to management shipping players to teams and states they dont want to be in.

*I saw the Rozier interview and when he mentioned that the practice plan wasn't executed on the floor, my impression was that was more of a shot at the Coaching Genius Stevens changing things up to appease Hayward as well...I will re-watch.

*The press conference response was a poor-one, and as far as him throwing his teammates under the bus just showed that Kyrie had a tough time being the lead-dawg on the team (Reaching out to LeBron for help) and was learning on the job how to lead a team through adversity. Before, he had LeBron to shield him from the fire so-to-speak and now he had to handle it all by himself. It was like the Truman show and we had a front row seat and witnessed the day-to-day ups and downs of the Kyrie show and the analyst added fuel to the fire by re-treading the same tired story-lines ad-nauseum.

I'm not saying bring Kyrie here by himself...but if you are telling me he is coming here with KD, then I'm all for it. Kyrie will fall back into the role he had when he won a chip with LeBron. A role he is more comfortable with. a role he can thrive in!

BTW, I mentioned in another post that we didn't hear anything about this so-called drama last year when Kyrie was in the running for league MVP. I do think the pending free agency wore on him too...It definitely added to the drama!! Once he re-ups with us, he will be free to just play ball!

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/21/2019  1:25 PM
Fans thing players can't learn? There is physical play which for a 26 year old is not easy to change.
Then there is attitude. We learn from mistakes. Does anyone really think Kyrie will repeat the same mistakes?
fans do this all the time with coaches and players.
Lets look at Kawhi leonard. After last season where he played only 9 games and polarized himself he has risen to be MVP conversation status.
An injury prone player has a whole other set of issues that can continue.
Paul George and Kawhi also couldn't shoot a lick in College either.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/21/2019  2:58 PM
Well I don't have any problem with people suggesting that kyrie creates drama and has pulled some questionable moves. At the same time with the knicks' current situation i want him.

Imo our situation totally turned around when kp presented his trade demand. Boom - there goes a Home grown bird rights-owned 23 y.o. all-star. Our plans had been all about building around him.

We now have not only a Unique opportunity to snatch 2 stars, we have a must-cash-in situation imo. We're not going to get this again. We can sign 2 perennial all-stars AND hold on to a bunch of good-looking kids to see who blossoms, who becomes a good role player and who won't be here long-term. This includes this year's #3 pick and what, 7 #1's in the next 5 years? From my angle now is the time to spend on stars - they don't come easy and i don't think this opportunity will come again.

Kyrie wouldn't be my first choice in a straight-up rebuilding process but he sure is for me given the current situation. Especially if he accompanies kd. To reiterate he's a 26 year old 6-time all-star who just averaged 24 ppg, 7 assists, 5 boards, 1.5 steals and shot 53% 2's, 40% 3's and 87% ft's. oh and also has won a chip and been to other finals. No question, drama or not, we grab him if we can for no players or draft picks given up.

Good article on Kyrie from the Boston Herald.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy