[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

whoa tyreke
Author Thread
sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

5/21/2019  4:06 PM
Sambakick wrote:The morality in our culture of out of whack.

If you agree a woman has the right to her body who the hell are you to limit what someone does to their mind?

he signed a contract which is subject to the cba which outlines things a player cannot ingest (among other things). this was not hidden terms or some other giant wall of text to read and he missed it.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/21/2019  4:11 PM
sidsanders wrote:

If you agree a woman has the right to her body who the hell are you to limit what someone does to their mind?

he signed a contract which is subject to the cba which outlines things a player cannot ingest (among other things). this was not hidden terms or some other giant wall of text to read and he missed it.

I think he’s saying how it’s f’ed up that we say a women has a right to her body but we often villianize people who do drugs.

I agree with what you said though despite the fact that I feel for people with addictions. They should still pay for the mistakes they make.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/21/2019  4:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2019  4:31 PM
Sambakick wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I do think the nba's drug policy is a bit draconian and out of date- `i can understand suspending someone multiple years for steroids etc, but recreational drugs etc would tend to indicate a problem, and the emphasis should be on treatment not punishment.

YES. Thank you. Taking a guys livelihood away can just makes things worse and hurt those around him.

Nobody said he can't work or make a living. Just not under the terms of agreement in the National Basketball Association as per terms collective agreement and the terms of his contract. The same rules apply for all players no matter the size of his contract.
I cannot find the rules by which he was suspended. I would imagine it was an egregious violation that caused the harshest penalty.
He is the 12th player in NBA history to have a 2 year ban from drugs. 6 players were later reinstated.

Nalod does not feel its "punishment" but for the good of the game or the health of the player. Player should be allowed to become a meth head or a crack head while under contract?
Where do you draw the line? Its ok of one players can perform but another does not? It becomes subjective. You want to see a team full of Nate Robinsons all trying to play Phils Triangle on crack? Ok, maybe I do.
The weed thing is handled very differently.

sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

5/21/2019  4:50 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
sidsanders wrote:

I think he’s saying how it’s f’ed up that we say a women has a right to her body but we often villianize people who do drugs.

I agree with what you said though despite the fact that I feel for people with addictions. They should still pay for the mistakes they make.

the drug angle to me has more potential impacts to the general public, and in the case of pro sports the potential lost revenue from negative info/loss of reputation. based on the nba cba, if he had a problem, he could have voluntarily entered into treatment programs and avoided being dismissed.

Players can come forward voluntarily for a problem involving the use of a drug of abuse or marijuana (but not SPEDs). A player who comes forward voluntarily will enter the appropriate education, treatment and counseling program, and will not be penalized for coming forward (although he may be penalized for failure to comply with his program or for advancing a stage under stage two of the Drugs of Abuse program).

for sure folks will struggle to admit they have a problem. he did appear to have some avenues to avoid this and did not. i suspect there are quite a few who would like treatment for various addictions and do not have the means or options like he did to get that help.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
whoa tyreke

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy