[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What else can Kevin Knox, DSJ, Future Picks get us?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2019  12:40 PM
fwk00 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ankurk wrote:All the talk has been about packages for AD. Im wondering what else we can get for players often mentioned in AD mega packages.

With Phoenix wanting a PG - would they be interested in trading out of #6 pick to get DSJ?
What type of value does kevin knox have? Can it net us another lottery pick to pick up Cam Reddish?
Can we get bradley beal for cheaper than AD with the wizards locked into 41MM on Wall and headed nowhere anytime soon?
Whats the price on an aging Kevin Love on a losing team?

No way to trading Knox to trade up for Reddish. Knox probably goes 4th overall in this draft.

As far as what our additional assets can get us? Depending on the Wiz front office changes, Beal is probably the best possibility out there. Had Portland got bounced in the 1st round again, McCollum would have been an option too, but obviously not anymore. Conley will always be an option, depending on how you value him. There's always new options that will come up.

Providing Kyrie wants to be an knick, why trade for 32 year Conley when 27 year old Kyrie come for free? Two years on his contract I value him only if Memphis dumps him. Not because I don’t think he has game, but our timeline is not consistent.

More to the point, why not keep the young guards, trade for Conley as a fixed cost and roll with that? Conley gives the kids two or three years to mature.

What do you trade to get Conley? That matters.

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

5/20/2019  1:06 PM
We should just keep our assets. Obviously im a fan of Knox and we need to be patient with him given his youth. DSJ i admit i have never been a big fan but he deserves more of a chance with us. Im a big supporter of keeping picks. Especially with the new lottery system having multiple picks like we do can get us big prospects
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

5/21/2019  7:57 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:We should just keep our assets. Obviously im a fan of Knox and we need to be patient with him given his youth. DSJ i admit i have never been a big fan but he deserves more of a chance with us. Im a big supporter of keeping picks. Especially with the new lottery system having multiple picks like we do can get us big prospects

I'm in agreement, tired of the trade for veterans and sign free agent method of building a team, a complete failure for 30 + years for us as a strategy. How about remaining patient with young players and high draft picks.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
5/21/2019  11:56 AM
Would trade Steve Francis 2.0 in DSJr for another pick in the lottery and pick Bol Bol who is KP 2.0 without the baggage.

Kyrie & RJ in the backcourt would work nicely considering how well RJ handles & passes the ball.

Start either Dotson or Knox with KD & Mitch Rob with Trier & Bol as your 6th men... should at least make the eastern conference finals with that squad.

fwk00
Member: #6048

5/22/2019  4:58 PM
Nalod wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ankurk wrote:All the talk has been about packages for AD. Im wondering what else we can get for players often mentioned in AD mega packages.

With Phoenix wanting a PG - would they be interested in trading out of #6 pick to get DSJ?
What type of value does kevin knox have? Can it net us another lottery pick to pick up Cam Reddish?
Can we get bradley beal for cheaper than AD with the wizards locked into 41MM on Wall and headed nowhere anytime soon?
Whats the price on an aging Kevin Love on a losing team?

No way to trading Knox to trade up for Reddish. Knox probably goes 4th overall in this draft.

As far as what our additional assets can get us? Depending on the Wiz front office changes, Beal is probably the best possibility out there. Had Portland got bounced in the 1st round again, McCollum would have been an option too, but obviously not anymore. Conley will always be an option, depending on how you value him. There's always new options that will come up.

Providing Kyrie wants to be an knick, why trade for 32 year Conley when 27 year old Kyrie come for free? Two years on his contract I value him only if Memphis dumps him. Not because I don’t think he has game, but our timeline is not consistent.

More to the point, why not keep the young guards, trade for Conley as a fixed cost and roll with that? Conley gives the kids two or three years to mature.

What do you trade to get Conley? That matters.

True.

Trade them one of the young PGs, LT, and sign and trade say Hezjona, Mudiay to make the numbers work. Eliminates the need for Irving and for carrying 5 young PGs.

Conley complements whoever gets signed quite nicely and provides a runway for the young PG candidates to take flight.

Memphis dumps age and salary. This assumes Knicks rolling into win-now-ish mentality. Conley has playoff chops.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
5/23/2019  12:05 AM
Like this idea better then anything to do with Kyrie where we don't have to lose RJ and Mitch... Conley is expensive but experienced, professional and probably a great mentor to pair with a KD and the young guys.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/26/2019  9:55 AM
Sign and trade numbers not attractive as it only counts 50% via trade.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/26/2019  10:13 AM
Two max slots. Why look to get anything for them right now? Dont get the rush to move them. Would much rather see what they both can do next season. They both might be good enough to be long term building blocks. Only way we find out is if DSJr and Knox are around to prove it.Showed enough to wait it out. See good things from both of them next season. Hope they arent moved with two max slots to work with.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/26/2019  10:35 AM
jskinny35 wrote:Like this idea better then anything to do with Kyrie where we don't have to lose RJ and Mitch... Conley is expensive but experienced, professional and probably a great mentor to pair with a KD and the young guys.

Yeah Conley would be a great fit. You can probably get him without getting rid of any of the big young pieces as long as we can absorb his contract and willing to part with a couple of picks. I'm thinking Frank plus 1 of the dallas picks plus 1 of the Charlotte 2nd round picks. Something along those lines.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/26/2019  1:10 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Two max slots. Why look to get anything for them right now? Dont get the rush to move them. Would much rather see what they both can do next season. They both might be good enough to be long term building blocks. Only way we find out is if DSJr and Knox are around to prove it.Showed enough to wait it out. See good things from both of them next season. Hope they arent moved with two max slots to work with.

DSJr is entering his third season. This is about the time you try to trade a former first round pick if you think you can get anything for him and you don't believe he will pan out for you long term. Poor defense ( though gotten a bit better), poor decision maker, has shades of poor attitude/work ethic problems.

It's possible he could turn it all around, but unlikely. Bad decision makers on the floor usually don't get dramatically better in that area. He's also ball dominant so that accelerates the problem.

Kemet
Member: #6148

5/26/2019  4:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/26/2019  4:45 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Two max slots. Why look to get anything for them right now? Dont get the rush to move them. Would much rather see what they both can do next season. They both might be good enough to be long term building blocks. Only way we find out is if DSJr and Knox are around to prove it.Showed enough to wait it out. See good things from both of them next season. Hope they arent moved with two max slots to work with.

DSJr is entering his third season. This is about the time you try to trade a former first round pick if you think you can get anything for him and you don't believe he will pan out for you long term. Poor defense ( though gotten a bit better), poor decision maker, has shades of poor attitude/work ethic problems.

It's possible he could turn it all around, but unlikely. Bad decision makers on the floor usually don't get dramatically better in that area. He's also ball dominant so that accelerates the problem.

All our young-core guards Frank DSJr Dotson Trier we need to keep, plus hire Mark Jackson as the top assistant head-coach in the off-season to mentor the guards into a team-ball system. It would also be great for Perry to pull off a trade to bring Conley to NY for a couple future first round draft picks and Lance Thomas.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

5/26/2019  6:08 PM
Very little.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/26/2019  8:28 PM
Kemet wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

All our young-core guards Frank DSJr Dotson Trier we need to keep, plus hire Mark Jackson as the top assistant head-coach in the off-season to mentor the guards into a team-ball system. It would also be great for Perry to pull off a trade to bring Conley to NY for a couple future first round draft picks and Lance Thomas.

Conley is making 66 mil over the next two seasons. Lance is a nice player with a really bad contract. Only one mil is guaranteed so he probably is waived. I would like to see what DSJ can do when healthy and with a training camp under his belt. However, if the Knicks bring in Kyrie or Kemba I think he probably is traded. I don’t think Frank is back if management can make a deal to move him.

J

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/26/2019  10:15 PM
I'd rather trade the cap space for assets/picks than use it on starts quite frankly. We're not ready yet.
Rose is not the answer.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/26/2019  11:56 PM
knickstorrents wrote:I'd rather trade the cap space for assets/picks than use it on starts quite frankly. We're not ready yet.

We aren’t ready but need quality vets to lead the way. Our young guys need to learn how to win. We can’t be bad forever and expect them to learn in the process. Eventually we need vets who can lead the young guys to wins.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/28/2019  9:37 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:I'd rather trade the cap space for assets/picks than use it on starts quite frankly. We're not ready yet.

We aren’t ready but need quality vets to lead the way. Our young guys need to learn how to win. We can’t be bad forever and expect them to learn in the process. Eventually we need vets who can lead the young guys to wins.

That can be achieved by using some of the cap space to add some quality role players in their prime. Contenders have them. If Knox/Barrett(?) Mitch/DSJr are on the roster next season, and show they can be part of a legit contender, it should be easier to bring in an elite player or two down the road. If the Knicks dont make a big splash in free agency this summer. One might be enough if our young core (barring a trade) steps up next season.

Sure, it would be nice to sign some of those big time FAs, but I will be very impressed with the Knicks FO, if they resist the temptation to sign stars just to look busy. Its how some previous regimes have done business, too many.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/28/2019  11:57 AM
Plan A: Sign Durant + other max player (presumably Kyrie). Accelerate rebuild and contend now (for the next 3-4 years). As much as everyone says the superstars will want 4 years max, the contract format du jour is 4 years, with player opt-out clauses.

If KK/DSJ/future picks can get you AD WITHOUT trading Robinson, you do it. Maybe you still do it with Robinson as a key component. I don't know. KK and DSJ are basically beggar's version of KD and Kyrie at this stage of their respective careers. On one hand, you can play the same sets if KK/DSJ are their understudies - and maybe they'll be as effective vs the 2nd units of other teams and can expand their games with less pressure. They're both extremely young. Let's also not forget that Knox was unbelievable in last year's summer league - It was a long season for him, but perhaps he'll remind folks how awesome he was not that long ago.

Plan B: go with the young guys, fill up with more lottery busts/high upside guys in need of development. I wouldn't really mind trying to develop a young core of Robinson/Knox/Barrett/Ntilikina/DSJ/Trier/Dotson/Vonleh/Hezonja. In particular, I'm very interested to see what a summer with our player development gurus can do for DSJ and Knox. For this collection of players, I think RJ Barrett would be a HUGE difference maker.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
5/28/2019  8:21 PM
I like Plan B
What else can Kevin Knox, DSJ, Future Picks get us?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy