[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Grizzlies declare they will select JA MORANT.
Author Thread
NYStateOfMind
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5741
USA
5/15/2019  9:04 PM
Member made it know to others at the Chicago draft, they intent to take Morant with their #2 pick. So, that makes RJ Barrett the Knicks selection or trade bait to NO for AD. No need to stress on Morant or RJ til the draft. Our minds can be at peace. RJ or AD without a gut are both fine with me. Go NY go NY go!
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  9:19 PM
Post in the draft thread about Garland maybe getting a commitment from a team to draft him. If the Pelicans plan on letting Holiday go, or know they wont be able to extend him, Garland might be the kind of pick they would want to make in a deal for Davis. Dont know if they're allowed to talk.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

5/15/2019  10:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Post in the draft thread about Garland maybe getting a commitment from a team to draft him. If the Pelicans plan on letting Holiday go, or know they wont be able to extend him, Garland might be the kind of pick they would want to make in a deal for Davis. Dont know if they're allowed to talk.

Holiday is locked up for a couple more years

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  10:38 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Post in the draft thread about Garland maybe getting a commitment from a team to draft him. If the Pelicans plan on letting Holiday go, or know they wont be able to extend him, Garland might be the kind of pick they would want to make in a deal for Davis. Dont know if they're allowed to talk.

Holiday is locked up for a couple more years

Believe I remember reading something about Holiday wanting to leave as well. Dont know how accurate it is though. If Griffin wanted to go for a youth movement, put his own stamp on the team, this would be the way to do it. Move Davis and Holiday, bring in a PG of the future to play with Zion, maybe a little less pressure on Zion to deliver. The pressure will be enormous, regardless.

Might be too soon after the lotto to put a deal together so quickly. Not so sure they would want to pair Barrett with Zion again.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  10:57 PM
Fukkkkk
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2019  2:51 AM

a few months before he became their GM, Griffin did some ESPN gigs in which he said what he would do if he was Pelicans GM- in one of those he said when Holiday played alongside another PG who handled primary duties the team was way better. So likely if they did want another PG it would be to go alongside Holiday rather than replace him. If that were the case we'd be screwed as the Griz are taking Ja Morant. We'd only have a shot at a trade for AD if they actually really wanted RJ to keep Zion sweet and maybe attract Duke viewers/fans.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/16/2019  6:35 AM
Stay the course with RJ Barrett. I don’t understand why some of you cry for Ja Morant because:

1. Many of you want KD and Kyrie. Barrer would be the best pick to complement that.

2. If it’s about talent, the jury is so split on Morant and Barrett being the second best prospect. Many even suggest that in the future when we look back at this draft, Barrett could end up being the best player.

3. You just love Morant? Cool, but Barrett IS still one of the three best prospects in the draft. Be happy we have the 3rd pick.

4. Just as many people have pointed out, every time Morant is asked about NY he acts like he wouldn’t love the prospect of being picked here. Meanwhile, Zion once suggested the Knicks were his team and he had a meeting with our management set after the lottery.

What matters is we get the best possible talent we can get at 3. So happens he would fill a position of need even in our best case scenario where we would sign two big stars in free agency. I’m thrilled!

Knicks_Fan
NYStateOfMind
USA
5/16/2019  10:46 AM
Because Morant is Westbrookesque. But the biggest advantage of getting him, is we wouldn't have to go after headcase Kyrie and a max contract slot nor overpay Kemba. Instead we could focus on KD, maybe Kawhi with those 2 max slots. Morant is an assists guy on top of the dunks most only know him for. That helps KD, while Kyrie is ball dominant. I'd rather KD, Kawhi and Morant/RJ. I doubt the AD move happens now that we lost leverage if we had gotten Zion, but maybe they want to pair RJ with Zion as a new core. If the Grizzlies change their mind and go with RJ, I think the AD trade is near impossible without a team gut, been there, done that, no thanks. I don't mind losing out on Zion, but the 2nd pick was the next ideal. Now we rely on others. I also wish free agency occurred before the draft, so people could know what their needs were. Say we signed Kyrie and RJ went second, then the Knicks would know to trade down. The lottery and free agency timing need a better plan. I hate tanking, not sure this was a great solution, but maybe better than it was. Timing was terrible for our Knicks.

Knicksfan wrote:Stay the course with RJ Barrett. I don’t understand why some of you cry for Ja Morant because:

1. Many of you want KD and Kyrie. Barrer would be the best pick to complement that.

2. If it’s about talent, the jury is so split on Morant and Barrett being the second best prospect. Many even suggest that in the future when we look back at this draft, Barrett could end up being the best player.

3. You just love Morant? Cool, but Barrett IS still one of the three best prospects in the draft. Be happy we have the 3rd pick.

4. Just as many people have pointed out, every time Morant is asked about NY he acts like he wouldn’t love the prospect of being picked here. Meanwhile, Zion once suggested the Knicks were his team and he had a meeting with our management set after the lottery.

What matters is we get the best possible talent we can get at 3. So happens he would fill a position of need even in our best case scenario where we would sign two big stars in free agency. I’m thrilled!

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/16/2019  11:07 AM
Tanking still doesn't guarantee results. There's quite a bit of luck involved.

I read this article yesterday. Since the inception of the lottery, the Knicks have been the 3rd worst performing team in the lottery, losing a NET 10 positions in the draft lottery. That's after initially winning big with Ewing. (we added -2 this year)

https://hoopshype.com/2019/05/14/draft-lottery-odds-minnesota-timberwolves-dallas-mavericks/

According to our research department, the two teams who have received the least help from projected lottery scenarios to the actual results have been the Minnesota Timberwolves and Dallas Mavericks. Dallas has moved down six times, finished in the same spot eight times and have yet to move up and get a higher pick than expected.

Minnesota has moved down in the lottery 11 times, finished in the same spot as their projections nine times and have also never moved up. That gives them a league-worst net movement score of 17 spots lower than what the straight math would have given them. Even when they landed a franchise-changing star in Karl-Anthony Towns, they had the best odds at nabbing the top pick.

On the flip side, teams like Philly (+19), OKC (+11), Charlotte (+10), and LA (+10). Philly is absurdly lucky at improving position via the lottery.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/16/2019  11:10 AM
well if they really want JA, can't we send DSJ and our pick to move up?
ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/16/2019  11:19 AM
NYStateOfMind wrote:Because Morant is Westbrookesque. But the biggest advantage of getting him, is we wouldn't have to go after headcase Kyrie and a max contract slot nor overpay Kemba. Instead we could focus on KD, maybe Kawhi with those 2 max slots. Morant is an assists guy on top of the dunks most only know him for. That helps KD, while Kyrie is ball dominant. I'd rather KD, Kawhi and Morant/RJ. I doubt the AD move happens now that we lost leverage if we had gotten Zion, but maybe they want to pair RJ with Zion as a new core. If the Grizzlies change their mind and go with RJ, I think the AD trade is near impossible without a team gut, been there, done that, no thanks. I don't mind losing out on Zion, but the 2nd pick was the next ideal. Now we rely on others. I also wish free agency occurred before the draft, so people could know what their needs were. Say we signed Kyrie and RJ went second, then the Knicks would know to trade down. The lottery and free agency timing need a better plan. I hate tanking, not sure this was a great solution, but maybe better than it was. Timing was terrible for our Knicks.

Knicksfan wrote:Stay the course with RJ Barrett. I don’t understand why some of you cry for Ja Morant because:

My dream scenario is go after and sign KD/Kawhi, draft RJ.

Kameem, RJ, Kawhi, KD, Mitch. Bench.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2019  12:08 PM
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:Because Morant is Westbrookesque. But the biggest advantage of getting him, is we wouldn't have to go after headcase Kyrie and a max contract slot nor overpay Kemba. Instead we could focus on KD, maybe Kawhi with those 2 max slots. Morant is an assists guy on top of the dunks most only know him for. That helps KD, while Kyrie is ball dominant. I'd rather KD, Kawhi and Morant/RJ. I doubt the AD move happens now that we lost leverage if we had gotten Zion, but maybe they want to pair RJ with Zion as a new core. If the Grizzlies change their mind and go with RJ, I think the AD trade is near impossible without a team gut, been there, done that, no thanks. I don't mind losing out on Zion, but the 2nd pick was the next ideal. Now we rely on others. I also wish free agency occurred before the draft, so people could know what their needs were. Say we signed Kyrie and RJ went second, then the Knicks would know to trade down. The lottery and free agency timing need a better plan. I hate tanking, not sure this was a great solution, but maybe better than it was. Timing was terrible for our Knicks.

My worry with that is we need a PG- don’t want a repeat of the Amare Melo years. Maybe you could get Rubio on the room exemption? Or draft Garland instead of RJ in that scenario

NYStateOfMind
USA
5/16/2019  12:20 PM
I'd be cool with that.

knicks1248 wrote:well if they really want JA, can't we send DSJ and our pick to move up?
NYStateOfMind
USA
5/16/2019  12:30 PM
I'd be more than fine with Kawhi, KD, RJ, Mitchell starting lineup. Not sure on any of our PGs at this point. Maybe DSJ improves during the off-season.

martin wrote:

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2019  2:39 PM
Curry as execpton......., but how many teams win chips when the PG is the best player on the team?
No to just Kyrie. I take Ja if he falls to us at the three but im not paying big time to move one spot to get him.
Knicksfan
USA
5/16/2019  4:54 PM

Hey, if he falls to us somehow, cool. But why acting like the sky is falling and suddenly seeing this as a two-man draft when it’s obviously not the case? The more you study Barrett, the more you can be thankful we made it to the Top 3 and might catch a break with Barrett falling to us.

If Morant is compared to Westbrook in some ways, Barrett can be compared to Wade or Harden in some ways. Getting that kind of talent on this young team would be a coup!

Knicks_Fan
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/16/2019  6:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2019  6:11 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

Hey, if he falls to us somehow, cool. But why acting like the sky is falling and suddenly seeing this as a two-man draft when it’s obviously not the case? The more you study Barrett, the more you can be thankful we made it to the Top 3 and might catch a break with Barrett falling to us.

If Morant is compared to Westbrook in some ways, Barrett can be compared to Wade or Harden in some ways. Getting that kind of talent on this young team would be a coup!

+10000

Barrett is the goods...he has a shot to be just as good if not better than Morant. RJ put up 22 7 and 6!!! Those numbers are ridiculous for a freshman let alone a senior... RJ is a dawg, not scared of the moment, is aggressive going to the rack, and he is a lefty. I'm more than happy to grab RJ @3

Knicksfan
USA
5/16/2019  7:58 PM
martin wrote:

That would definitely be a dream come true. Signing Kawhi AND Durant would be a total game changer in the NBA, and I’m not your typical “we sign this guy and we are going to the finals” guy. Being a Knicks fan has made me skeptical. But here we are talking about possibly two of the Top 3 players in the league (Giannis is really amazing).

But unless everybody has been reading things wrong, the expected landing spot for Leonard, if he bolts Toronto, is the Clippers. I still don’t buy the media hype on Durant, and he has a history of changing his mind at last second, but if there is any real chance with anyone it’s him.

If Kyrie is a package deal, and I’m no Kyrie fan as your PG, then you have to sign up for that package. It WILL be interesting, though, if that actually happens, then what do we do with Smith Jr., Ntilikina and Mudiay.

Knicks_Fan
NYStateOfMind
USA
5/16/2019  8:34 PM
Maybe inquire about a DSJ & #3 trade for the #2, if Morant is the guy the Knicks want over RJ. We can also offer him in a bigger trade of Jrue & AD or only Jrue. Frank, not sure what to do with him if he doesn't improve. I like his def, be he isn't a killer and moving him to SG doesn't seem a good fit, though that would protect the backcourt if we got a Kyrie type. Mudiay will not be resigned IMO and will get paid elsewhere.
NYStateOfMind
USA
5/16/2019  8:52 PM
I hope we don't go for Conley, despite the Fiz connection. I prefer Jrue's salary and he is under contract for 4 years not 3. When healthy, I like Conley, but he is getting too much $$$. I'd rather Rubio over Conley.
Grizzlies declare they will select JA MORANT.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy