[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Please don't trade Mitchell Robinson!
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/15/2019  11:01 AM
Pelicans are gonna want that Barrett and Robinson combination as well as another asset or 2 depending on the asset. Barrett will keep Zion comfortable coming to New Orleans. Robinson is from N.O and as we know sky is the limit for his potential. Pelicans are gonna want that Robinson, Zion, Barrett, Trier? Holiday combination. Setting up a lineup in year one that can grow together post A.D.

Celtics can offer Tatum, Brown who are more proven, #14 & #20 where they can target Fernando & Herro.
Lakers can offer #4(Bol Bol?), Ingram & Kuzma.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

5/15/2019  11:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  11:15 AM
Agreed, he is probably my favorite knick. Im not a fan of the Davis sweepstakes. From the looks of it it, we would have to trade the 3rd overall pick, Mitch, Knox, Frank , and maybe 3 first rounders. Even if we get KD and Irving we have no assets left. I mean KD is getting older, Irving and Davis are both injury prone. So I don't see that going well lol
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2019  1:52 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Pelicans are gonna want that Barrett and Robinson combination as well as another asset or 2 depending on the asset. Barrett will keep Zion comfortable coming to New Orleans. Robinson is from N.O and as we know sky is the limit for his potential. Pelicans are gonna want that Robinson, Zion, Barrett, Trier? Holiday combination. Setting up a lineup in year one that can grow together post A.D.

Celtics can offer Tatum, Brown who are more proven, #14 & #20 where they can target Fernando & Herro.
Lakers can offer #4(Bol Bol?), Ingram & Kuzma.

Knicks offer with Barrett is an interesting angle. Im not opposed so much for a trade to get him as much as the cap space to get him. Im under the assumption KD is packaged with another player as rumored. You give up the "free" second player. Kyrie or Kawhi for example.

I think to round out the roster with some balance we do have to make some trades, but not that massive. Good take!

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/15/2019  1:56 PM
What about Barrett, Robinson and picks for Zion?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/15/2019  4:36 PM
No starphuchs
Rose is not the answer.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/15/2019  6:04 PM
Trading Mitchell is inevitable.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/15/2019  6:25 PM
I hope they understand that mitchell is untouchable
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  6:45 PM
I would rather keep Mitch. My problem with trading for Davis is gutting the team to get him. Mitch, the third pick, and bench players to make the deal happen, I could live with, even though Id rather keep Robinson in NY. Dont want to give up the 3rd pick, Mitch, Knox, DSjr, Trier, for Davis, that kind of deal. Thats what it would likely take.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

5/15/2019  7:27 PM
Zion will go up to dunk, Mitchell will stuff it through his neck. Zion will miss 4-6 weeks with a broken ego. E-book it.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

5/15/2019  7:29 PM
Vmart wrote:Trading Mitchell is inevitable.

What? Why?

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/15/2019  7:40 PM
An AD trade would be so frickin stupid and typical Knicks. We can not trade every piece we have. Let someone else gut their entire roster. Id rather sign no one than make that move. No way Id trade Mitch. The guy is one of the best contracts in the NBA. The guy will be an All Star
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/16/2019  7:12 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:What about Barrett, Robinson and picks for Zion?

I'd like to dream. And this passes the would you do it test.

If I am NO, and resetting the franchise. Zion is great - but, what if they trade AD for #4 and some young assets, and then we offer them #3, Trier, Dotson, DSjr, Frank & the two picks from Dallas?

That accomplishes what Philly took years to do in one summer, and if I am NO, then I might well do that trade.

We have to shed some guys anyway for cap purposes. What is the point of having DSjr and Frank if Kyrie is here?

Zion, Durant and Kyrie should be enough to get us to the playoffs this year. And there is such a nice spread in their ages, that you will always have a star in their prime for the next 10+ years.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
5/16/2019  11:58 AM
Mitchell is untouchable. You don't trade the future defensive player of the year. As I said in another thread, Barrett, two first round picks, and Frank and Knox or Trier is all I would give up. We have some good young players who will grow into solid starters. The Knicks will be fine if we do nothing, so trading everything for AD would be a mistake.
Trust the Process
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/16/2019  12:27 PM
I'm torn with Mitchell. I certainly hope he'll be a Knick a long, long time. He's everything Ewing was expected to be out of college - a real defensive stalwart. Of course, Ewing surprised all by teaching the world that centers can shoot too, and in a way, helped pave the way for big men down the road.

He has the best value contract in the NBA - in that sense, he's an even better trade commodity than the #1 overall pick - Zion over the next 3 seasons will earn in the neighborhood of $27m to Robinson's $5m.

Now compare that to AD's 2019-2020 salary of $27m by itself vs Robinson's ~$1.6m. That's $25+m of salary that could be distributed across a bunch of role players.

It's an interesting question for the Knicks. I mean, if all is true with Durant and Kyrie coming to the Knicks, is Robinson an ideal complementary player for them - he sucks in the defense to protect against lobs; he doesn't demand a lot of touches - a good thing with 2 ball dominant players. AD, for all his talents (he's a legit #1 scorer and strong distributor) needs the ball in his hands to maximize his value. Much like with guys like Kevin Love and Chris Bosh, when playing on championship level squads with 3 stars, someone has to defer. Wouldn't it be ironic to merely see AD playing a Mitchell Robinson-like role (or Al Horford-type role) rather that showing his full skill set?

From a straight up comparison standpoint, Robinson does appear to do a few things better than AD - run the floor, block shots on the perimeter, and finish (and that's even considering AD as elite at those same things as well). Mitch is a legit DPOTY candidate moving forward - a bit of a young Dwight Howard on D and emerging on offense.

On the flip side of the argument, acquiring Anthony Davis gives you elite talent to spare. If Durant or Kyrie miss some games, Davis would have the capacity to step. Robinson may have more to his game, but the Knicks haven't unleashed it - it'd be hard to count on him as a go-to player at this phase of his development.

In addition, Davis is only 26. He's still a pretty young player - just entering the prime of his career. He'll be able to keep going and be the face of the franchise when Durant moves to the next phase of his career.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/16/2019  3:25 PM
Sambakick wrote:

What? Why?

because it would be perceived as bad which is the only tune VMart sings. Also whoever we draft he can promise we wont develop properly. And we will over pay FAs. And if we do sign KD he will get hurt and Vmart will talk about signing guys past their prime... you can pretty much pretty predict every direction he'll go. Just think worst possible scenario and multiply that by 6
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/16/2019  3:26 PM
TheGame wrote:Mitchell is untouchable. You don't trade the future defensive player of the year. As I said in another thread, Barrett, two first round picks, and Frank and Knox or Trier is all I would give up. We have some good young players who will grow into solid starters. The Knicks will be fine if we do nothing, so trading everything for AD would be a mistake.
I actually agree and see him as our Ben Wallace. What he brings can not be taught
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/16/2019  4:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
TheGame wrote:Mitchell is untouchable. You don't trade the future defensive player of the year. As I said in another thread, Barrett, two first round picks, and Frank and Knox or Trier is all I would give up. We have some good young players who will grow into solid starters. The Knicks will be fine if we do nothing, so trading everything for AD would be a mistake.
I actually agree and see him as our Ben Wallace. What he brings can not be taught

I don’t even want to go for AD to be honest. I get he’s a completely different player but I look back and see where giving up everything for Marbury, Curry and Melo took us and I just don’t see it as worth it. Even if he’s 100x better than those individual assets, it’s not worth it. Having a combo of Barrett and Mitch in their prime works. Letting them develop under Durant and Irving (God willing) has super nice benefits. How dare I say we can be contenders with that group and it would be fun to watch.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/16/2019  4:25 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I don’t even want to go for AD to be honest. I get he’s a completely different player but I look back and see where giving up everything for Marbury, Curry and Melo took us and I just don’t see it as worth it. Even if he’s 100x better than those individual assets, it’s not worth it. Having a combo of Barrett and Mitch in their prime works. Letting them develop under Durant and Irving (God willing) has super nice benefits. How dare I say we can be contenders with that group and it would be fun to watch.

Agreed. No more starphucks. It never works out for us. Plus we would literally have to give every asset away.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/16/2019  4:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

What? Why?

because it would be perceived as bad which is the only tune VMart sings. Also whoever we draft he can promise we wont develop properly. And we will over pay FAs. And if we do sign KD he will get hurt and Vmart will talk about signing guys past their prime... you can pretty much pretty predict every direction he'll go. Just think worst possible scenario and multiply that by 6
I think it is getting worse. The Knicks had an 86% chance of not getting the number one pick. Vmart called not getting the number one pick strike one on the offseason.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/16/2019  4:39 PM
co-signed

I think Mitch is almost certainly going to be Camby 2.0 and if he adds offensive polish, then what? I hate throwing out names like David Robinson after one year but that's the exact type of block impact he had as a rookie

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Please don't trade Mitchell Robinson!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy