[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes Kanter
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

5/14/2019  11:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2019  11:07 PM
Looking at what he's done in Portland.
And how well he played the first season with KP.
I wonder if we gave up on him too soon.

I know we're all dreaming about Kyrie/Durant/Zion. Well no more Zion, so maybe Anthony Davis instead.
But I think we sold Kanter a little short. Think we should have considered keeping him at 10MM per. He's a good locker room guy, good leader, great motor and seems to now have a better understanding of his defensive short comings.

He was a good player for us, we may have given up on him too soon.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/14/2019  11:19 PM
Might not have been a good fit in NY, but at least Kanter put an end to the caca about not belonging in the NBA. That was weak.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

5/14/2019  11:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2019  11:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Might not have been a good fit in NY, but at least Kanter put an end to the caca about not belonging in the NBA. That was weak.

Before KP got hurt, the Knicks with KP/Kanter were doing really well. They had almost no talent around KP/Kanter, but the two of them were beasting. I just think we gave up way too fast on an asset we initially valued plenty. It wasn't like Kanter was asking to leave, like KP. He wanted to stay and play. Considering the plan is to get sign veteran free agents anyway in the offseason, having Kanter would not have been a bad thing.

Anyway it is what it is. Just thought he is a good player in the league. I would easily argue he was past season's best player. And now he's shown he can be a starter on a contender.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/15/2019  2:30 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Looking at what he's done in Portland.

I know we're all dreaming about Kyrie/Durant/Zion. Well no more Zion, so maybe Anthony Davis instead.
But I think we sold Kanter a little short. Think we should have considered keeping him at 10MM per. He's a good locker room guy, good leader, great motor and seems to now have a better understanding of his defensive short comings.

No- I valued giving the time to Mitch instead. If you want Kanter back you can sign him in the offseason. Do you really want that? If we end up signing two max FAs, then you couldn't have kept Kanter anyways so what would have been the point of playing him over Mitch?

Clean
Member: #743
5/15/2019  3:13 AM
Finally a team smart enough to target Kanter in PNRs. I am surprised it took this long for it to happen. I guess that is why the other teams are at home watching like the rest of us.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/15/2019  7:24 AM

It comes down to money. In Portland he is playing on a good team for the league min. If Kanter played here for the league min I would love to have him back.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Sambakick
Member: #5646

5/15/2019  4:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  4:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:

No- I valued giving the time to Mitch instead. If you want Kanter back you can sign him in the offseason. Do you really want that? If we end up signing two max FAs, then you couldn't have kept Kanter anyways so what would have been the point of playing him over Mitch?

Yes. Kanter wasn't here for the team he was here for the All Star team. He didn't want Mitch getting minutes. DeAndre came in and says its Mitch's team now and Mitch with the playing time and the positive veteran influence BLOSSOMED.

Remember that.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/15/2019  11:21 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
But I think we sold Kanter a little short.

Fuck Kanter

When he first got here, he played really hard. He wanted a new contract.

When it was clear he wasn't getting a new contract, he stopped giving a ****.

He's playing for a new contract now, so he's playing really hard again. Big surprise.

If Portland gives him a long term deal, what do you think he will do? (He pulled the same **** in OKC and Utah)

No one sold him short. He didn't get what he wanted, and he stopped giving a ****.

You put on that beloved Knicks jersey and stop giving a **** - Then that player can go **** himself. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on and all that.

You don't want guys like Kanter, you want guys like Patrick Beverley. He makes 10 bucks an hour or 10 million a year, he's coming at you hard. Relentless. All the time. Healthy. Hurt. Mental anguish. Depressed. Worst day of his life. Best day of his life. He's coming for you. That's the kind of guy you bet on, not a ****head like Kanter.

Enes Kanter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy