Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/16/2019  4:51 PM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:I would trade the 3rd pick and the two Dallas picks for the number one pick.

I don't think anyone would object to that at all.
In fact, I'd even throw in Frank!

If needed I would throw in Knox or Dotson. Knicks have to want what they want and make the necessary sacrifices to get it.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2019  4:57 PM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:I would trade the 3rd pick and the two Dallas picks for the number one pick.

If needed I would throw in Knox or Dotson. Knicks have to want what they want and make the necessary sacrifices to get it.

The sarcasm was lost on you. Even the Rainman Knicks1248 picked it up!

anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
5/16/2019  5:14 PM
barret does not look smooth or quick to me. wilson chandler is his upside.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/16/2019  5:41 PM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I sense no sarcasm in what you wrote. I only sensed agreement in my thought process of trading picks for a top pick.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/16/2019  5:59 PM
From the home page.
https://nypost.com/2019/05/16/rj-barrett-is-nba-draft-godsend-knicks-fans-didnt-want-shades-of-wade/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

5/17/2019  10:34 PM
blkexec wrote:I watched this game live. Somebody who can't shoot, doesn't get that lucky and hit 5 straight 3's. He clearly has a jumper, so lets stop that rumor.

Happens all the time.

Literally happens all the time. I think back in the day, the Cubs had a fringe CF, Tuffy Rhodes, who hit three homers in a game against the Mets IIRC. We are talking fringe.

Barrett has legit mechanical flaws in his shot. It's not a rumor. He's not an NBA ready long range shooter at this point. One small snippet in one game does not redefine trends across a players timeline.

What Barrett does do well is does have a killer instinct and he's gotten better every year. Also he has a size/speed profile that translate into a real role at the NBA level. Morant and Zion still create questions on their role ( Morant may not profile well as an Attack Guard)

Nalod
USA
5/18/2019  7:51 AM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I sense no sarcasm in what you wrote. I only sensed agreement in my thought process of trading picks for a top pick.

“I’d even throw in Frank”........I am a Frank Fan my man, I would never “Throw in “ a player I Like!
I’m not a GM or make decisions, I’m unobjective!

wargames
Member: #6053

5/18/2019  10:45 AM
fishmike wrote:Barret is a gem. This reminds me of a Lebron/Wade/Melo type draft. So we arent getting Lebron but we are getting a blue chip player plain and simple. RJ checks every box. High level athlete, high IQ, 2 way player who has accomplished great things and won every where at every level. Clutch player also.

I hope we never have to tank again, but if you do its so you can be in a position to pick Zion/Ja/RJ and we are. RJ is going to be great. He's going to make us better immediately and he's a good kid. There is nothing not to love about this prospect. This is an easy one for the Knicks. Really easy. The only thing that gets complicated is if RJ goes 2, Barrett falls to us and we actually do have a KD/Kyrie promise. I think you take the BPA and go from there.

I agree 100% I think you take Ja and trade either him or DSJ for other assets immediately.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/18/2019  11:10 AM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:

“I’d even throw in Frank”........I am a Frank Fan my man, I would never “Throw in “ a player I Like!

If frank wasn't a knick you would be trashing him and you certainly wouldn't be advocating a trade for him...
I don't dislike frank I actually feel sorry for him because NY is not the right environment for him, and the style of play fizdale runs is not helping him. So I think trading him is the best thing the knicks can do

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/18/2019  11:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2019  11:55 AM
Hmm, due to the news about his suspension, I just thought- is RJ quite similar to Tyreke Evans? (game wise)- haven't watched him in years, but seem to remember when he came into he league he racked up the assists and was a good rebounder and scorer, though not very efficient.
smackeddog
5/18/2019  11:55 AM
Wish draft express would hurry up and post their RJ scouting video- they said it was coming soon a few day ago!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/18/2019  4:25 PM
anrst wrote:barret does not look smooth or quick to me. wilson chandler is his upside.

Not a good comp. chandler is not a playmaker. Barrett is a very good one. If he’s not smooth or quick , how did he break ACC freshman scoring records this year ?

JoeyBagadonuts
Member: #3161

5/18/2019  5:32 PM
From what I’ve seen of Barrett’s game and heard about his competitive drive, he kinda reminds me of Latrell Sprewell.
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/18/2019  5:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:

If frank wasn't a knick you would be trashing him and you certainly wouldn't be advocating a trade for him...
I don't dislike frank I actually feel sorry for him because NY is not the right environment for him, and the style of play fizdale runs is not helping him. So I think trading him is the best thing the knicks can do

I would love to start next season having Frank, Barrett, Knox, Durant, and DJ as our starters the first 20 games of the season, and having DSJr and Dotson as our 6th man, until Trier proves to be a better 6th man.
As for Fizdale .. his no strategic coaching will be FIRED before the season is over.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/18/2019  7:18 PM
smackeddog wrote:Wish draft express would hurry up and post their RJ scouting video- they said it was coming soon a few day ago!

I thought they stopped doing that.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
smackeddog
5/19/2019  2:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2019  2:47 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Wish draft express would hurry up and post their RJ scouting video- they said it was coming soon a few day ago!

I thought they stopped doing that.

So did I, but they do occasionally release scouting/interview vids on youtube under their 'draft express' name:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DraftExpress/videos

Sometimes they post them as ESPN vids, like this RJ Scouting report from 6 months ago:

and sometimes on their twitter accounts:

So I presume the new scouting report will be on the ESPN youtube tag

Nalod
USA
5/19/2019  9:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:

My absolute on Fiz and his system is he adapted for the season a “system” That promotes a players development before the team. Because still to come roster changes it was designed to mature some faster. We can debate this for more months. Frank had a window this past season and injury held him back. The methodical process MIGHT be to trade him now for a pick which gives us some value in return and cap space. It’s cold but might be smart. WE might lose and he develops but I promote “Make more decisions which creates more opportunities”......Win with Mitch, lose with Frank, draft late first round, perhaps strike gold........Frank might turn into a solid player down the road. It happens.

I root like hell for my rookies to succeed. WE have new picks, new FA’s and we move forward. So I might cry a bit if he leaves, I’ll wish him well. Not so much for KP. He done us dirty.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/20/2019  10:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Trade the pick for Beal

No.

At least Beal can shoot

his contract is bananas , but i would trade for him over AD if kyrie and kD are on board..it makes the most sense, and balances the roster with a real SG, a real pg, and a bona fide sf/pf..it also help that all three are good ball handlers.

You mention a guys contract is "Bananas" but in the next sentence you try to justify it and say you would trade for him?
AD is twice the player Beal is. Has ridiculously more value. You mention balance but fail to see how DEFE?NSE is part of the balance. AD gives you that, not Beal. You also fail to recognize that the $20M+ your paying for Beal has horrible value. You can get a guy that can shoot at SG for much less than your committing to Beal. Probably around $10M You cant get another AD for $10M?

AD is injury prone and is avg 68 games per season, beal has missed 5 games in the last 3 seasons and played 82 the last 2 seasons...(talk about value)you really want 2 guys (KD and AD) who have very similar games, play the same position, damn near the same height, as your 2 best players

The NBA is a primarily a guards game now, a faster pace, and more perimeter base offense and you need shooters like crazy..I know both of them have all around games, but this ERA of the NBA is all about PnR, switch on everything defenses, and run and gun...and I don't know if you can consistently do that with 2 6 11' guys being your go to...

Agree that AD has injury concerns. Disagree that they both play the same position. KD is a stretch 4 and plays the wing. AD skill set is a post player and a 5. But before we go on useless tangents on how the NBA is played and each players height lets stay focused on the main point. Which I feel you are missing. You say you are willing to trade assets for a player that will be making $27M in 2019 and $28M in 2020 ("Bananas contract") who has been basically been a volume shooting sidekick and average shooter? Why? You can pick up several better priced shooters in free agency WITHOUT giving up assets? So you feel most of the NBA see Beal as a better value than AD? Will Boston and the Lakers be forming huge packages for Beal this summer?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
5/20/2019  11:11 AM
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I would love to start next season having Frank, Barrett, Knox, Durant, and DJ as our starters the first 20 games of the season, and having DSJr and Dotson as our 6th man, until Trier proves to be a better 6th man.
As for Fizdale .. his no strategic coaching will be FIRED before the season is over.

If the FO came to a FA meeting with that plan, (surround KD with 21 and younger players with LOW IQ's) they would be fired as well.

ES
knicks1248
5/20/2019  11:25 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Trade the pick for Beal

No.

At least Beal can shoot

his contract is bananas , but i would trade for him over AD if kyrie and kD are on board..it makes the most sense, and balances the roster with a real SG, a real pg, and a bona fide sf/pf..it also help that all three are good ball handlers.

You mention a guys contract is "Bananas" but in the next sentence you try to justify it and say you would trade for him?
AD is twice the player Beal is. Has ridiculously more value. You mention balance but fail to see how DEFE?NSE is part of the balance. AD gives you that, not Beal. You also fail to recognize that the $20M+ your paying for Beal has horrible value. You can get a guy that can shoot at SG for much less than your committing to Beal. Probably around $10M You cant get another AD for $10M?

AD is injury prone and is avg 68 games per season, beal has missed 5 games in the last 3 seasons and played 82 the last 2 seasons...(talk about value)you really want 2 guys (KD and AD) who have very similar games, play the same position, damn near the same height, as your 2 best players

The NBA is a primarily a guards game now, a faster pace, and more perimeter base offense and you need shooters like crazy..I know both of them have all around games, but this ERA of the NBA is all about PnR, switch on everything defenses, and run and gun...and I don't know if you can consistently do that with 2 6 11' guys being your go to...

Agree that AD has injury concerns. Disagree that they both play the same position. KD is a stretch 4 and plays the wing. AD skill set is a post player and a 5. But before we go on useless tangents on how the NBA is played and each players height lets stay focused on the main point. Which I feel you are missing. You say you are willing to trade assets for a player that will be making $27M in 2019 and $28M in 2020 ("Bananas contract") who has been basically been a volume shooting sidekick and average shooter? Why? You can pick up several better priced shooters in free agency WITHOUT giving up assets? So you feel most of the NBA see Beal as a better value than AD? Will Boston and the Lakers be forming huge packages for Beal this summer?

I agree with cheaper option available

Beal isn't demanding to be traded so it's tough to see what kind of packages would get it done.

Also by the time beal is in the last 2 yrs of his contract(especially the last yr) his contract will look like a bargain because the avg all star salary will be somewhere between 35 and 43 mill per.

There is like 20 players already with contracts higher than beals in his final yr, it will probably reach 40 by the time it's all said and done.

But to be honest, Im having a change of heart about trading the pick anyway, I think Barrett is a going to be a really good player, and I just think is a perfect fit for fizdale

ES
Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy