[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

#1 Overall for Anthony Davis?
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

5/14/2019  7:09 PM
WTF? Jinx thread? How bout we wait for the lottery before going on #1 pick tangents.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/14/2019  7:21 PM
Some of the Knicks front office's biggest mistakes came from trying to be too cute by half. The Layden draft day trade, Curry trade (with unprotected 1st rounders), giving Melo an NTC and a trade kicker because mgmt was so sure of themselves.

You're gifted a player like Zion on a silver platter, last thing you want to do IMO is to double down on some Hail Mary trade. Dont need to make one with two max slots, two extra first round picks, and some good young players under contract who might not be a long term fit, for whatever reason.

If Perry and Mills cant build a contender with those assests, without possibly trading Zion.
Then maybe Ive been too generous with the compliments. Hope this is a lot of hoopla, to put it nicely.

Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

5/14/2019  7:24 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Tweet doesn't make sense. A) why would the Knicks inform their rivals what their strategic plan is, and B) why would they open themselves up to potential tampering charges, as AD is under contract. Zero logic to this tweet.

So-so true !!!
I thought after 2009. when Dolan open his big mouth bout drafting Curry with the 8th pick the Knicks organization learned to shut-up bout the Knicks plans until draft night. Knicks executives ???

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/14/2019  7:31 PM
Pick 1 through 3?

Nope

Knicks_Fan
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/14/2019  7:32 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:So all the tanking, losing, was for a player who has missed his share of games over his career, and one year left on his deal? Anything but the first pick. Not this draft.

Two fing max slots, and you cant find players to build a team around Zion? Really hope this story is BS.

Yup. If we get the #1 pick then no. #2-#5 then yes. I don't want Mitch going anywhere either.

Mitch should be off the table. Unless its a 1 for 1 deal im not trading for AD. im not gutting the roster

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/14/2019  7:40 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:So all the tanking, losing, was for a player who has missed his share of games over his career, and one year left on his deal? Anything but the first pick. Not this draft.

Two fing max slots, and you cant find players to build a team around Zion? Really hope this story is BS.

Yup. If we get the #1 pick then no. #2-#5 then yes. I don't want Mitch going anywhere either.

Mitch should be off the table. Unless its a 1 for 1 deal im not trading for AD. im not gutting the roster

Agree - no mitch!

Need to hold onto Frank or DSjr too, imo. Frank for his D and LACK of offense or DSj for potential inc ase kyrie gets hurt, wihch he will.

Im ok with keeping Zion too.

Mitch
KD
Zion
Kawhii
DSj

That works pretty nicely too.

so many options...really starts with who is the pick!!

Kemet
Member: #6148

5/14/2019  7:42 PM
Truth be said .. I'm sure one of the top reason AD want out of N.O. are AD does not see a winning future in the Pelicans head coach Gentry. And Gentry's small-ball system are 10 times better than Fizdale's isolation system.
I doubt AD want anything to do with the Knicks organization !!!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/14/2019  7:49 PM
ankurk wrote:In the event that we get number 1 it would be much wiser to keep zion and trade future picks and our youth minus zion and mitch for a veteran on a losing team like jrue holiday or kevin love.
Keeping zion on a rookie deal for years to come is the best asset we would have
How about offering for brad beal? The wizards need a reset badly and it might mean letting go of him.
DSJ, Knox, 2 future firsts + whatever else minus mitch and zion

Kyrie, Beal/Jrue, KD, Zion, Mitch is a lot better than anything else we can put out there

Your plan makes more sense. Trading everything we have for 1 guy would be so frickin stupid and a typical Knicks move. I don't get that vibe from Perry, I hope im right
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/14/2019  8:36 PM
Wojo just said the Knicks will not trade Zion for AD. I heart Wojo.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/14/2019  9:23 PM
Well, I guess NOLA cut out the middleman
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/14/2019  9:50 PM
Im not a huge supporter of trading for him only because the cost will be astronomical and we dont have the pieces to be able to sacrifice. Our lifeline right now is our top 3 pick and future picks we got from Dallas as well as ours. Also im very nervous about Davis injury history. Knowing our luck we will trade every pick/young asset...then he tears his ACL lol
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/14/2019  10:01 PM
Lakers now have more juice to make trade for AD if he won’t resign with Nola.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/14/2019  10:03 PM
Nalod wrote:Lakers now have more juice to make trade for AD if he won’t resign with Nola.
thats his favorite destination so I think it happens. Honestly even if we score big in FA I want to keep our picks. Especially with the new lottery odds
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/14/2019  10:39 PM
Nalod wrote:Lakers now have more juice to make trade for AD if he won’t resign with Nola.

I don’t see NOLA dealing AD to LA. They had their chance and turned it down. Why give the Lakers AD and then have to face him every year? They can send AD East to the Knicks and still get great value!

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/15/2019  11:09 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:No. This is for basically a 5 year window considering Durant will be entering the twighlite of his career when his next deal is done. Zion will barely at all be entering his prime AND he’ll be a star from year one, most likely. It’s so not worth trading the pick for AD.

Under the hypothetical that the Knicks had won the first overall pick , and the Pelicans wanted it for AD, then you make the deal.

You don't trade for AD to keep him, you trade for him TO RETRADE HIM. His retrade value ( and his BIRD RIGHTS) are worth more in trade than anything that could be garnered for moving the first overall pick.

The Lakers cannot openly and directly trade for AD now without some kind of massive overpay, because of the truly ****ed up tampering that happened there. I mean openly ****ed up. It's not just to satisfy the pride of the NO front office, but the league to say they can look away because the comp was so high in trade.

LBJ and his team ****ed this up royally. What happened with AD is one of the worst cases of bull**** tampering the league has seen in a long ass time.

You trade for AD, you see if he will sign an extension, if not, trade him as soon as possible. The reality is a player of this magnitude will need a 3-4 team mega trade to get the parts working. Too complicated. If the Knicks have what NO wants, then they do the deal, reset, then deal him again. Much easier.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2019  3:20 AM
nixluva wrote:

I don’t see NOLA dealing AD to LA. They had their chance and turned it down. Why give the Lakers AD and then have to face him every year? They can send AD East to the Knicks and still get great value!

I don't think they want to trade him to LA, mainly out of spite. However the problem is that LA helps drive up the price for us, which is why I don't want to trade for him if it's a big package deal. It's shades of the Melo trade all over again, where the Nets drove up the price, and we ended up with a PF and a SF and nothing else. talk about history repeating itself.

#1 Overall for Anthony Davis?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy