[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kyrie Vs Kemba
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/10/2019  3:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2019  3:30 AM
Obviously, if KD is willing to come he decided which one he wants to bring with him (if they are willing), but assuming he's okay with either and both want to be here (which isn't a given), which do you ant to sign?

Kyrie:

Stats for this season: 23.8pts FG: 48.7% 3Pt: 40.1% Assists: 6.9

He's the better shooter and has playoff experience and has shown he can be great next to another star. He's also younger. however his injury history and attitude scare me. Also Boston fans said he's lost a step with all the knee surgeries. If he was unhappy with the young guns in Boston, is he really going to be happy with Knox, Trier and DSJ?

Kemba:

Stats for this season: 25.6pts FG: 43.4% 3Pt: 35.6% Assists: 5.9

He's older and that's my main concern. Also not a great shooter, which again worries me as we're short of shooters. Also can he play next to KD or will KD feel he's hogging the ball? However attitude wise, Kemba seems much more likeable- just comes across as a nice guy in interviews.

Hmm... I'm really not sure. I don't want Marbury Mk 2, and if Kyrie goes into sulk mode, it's going to be a long 4 years. However maybe just the situation in Boston brought out the worst in him. Plus I like the idea of having two great 3pt shooters in the lineup (Kyrie and KD) and they seem to have become friends, so maybe that will help with the chemistry.

AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/10/2019  8:01 AM
I don't watch hardly any college basketball, but when Kemba was getting ready to come out, I watched him play, and I saw a heady gamer.

Now, he certainly did not show that his first few years. But what steady improvement he has made.

I'm in the same boat. I like that Kyrie is younger. But, his small sample of performance from the just concluded play off series, both on and off the court, are not great.

I haven't seen either play much later, but I would go Kemba as he probably brings less drama, and can be a better PG for the team. It can't all be KD & whomever, it has to be Robinson, Knox, Trier and whoever we pick in the draft. The supporting cast has to develop and we need star level impact to come from some of them.

My final answer- Kemba.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/10/2019  8:16 AM
Kemba has never been to the places Kyrie has both succeeded at and struggled in.
Kyrie was a wing man and did not like. He has been a leading alpha, and might find that its not as easy as advertised. Fans assume once a problem, always a problem. I surmise experience can be a teacher too.
Its not that Kemba lacks, he just has not been to the playoffs. Its not on him, but we don't know if melts down. Kyrie rose with Lebron, and "failed" with this Boston team. So did Ainge, so did Haywood, so did Tatum, so did Rozier, and others.
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't. Kemba has not been in the spotlight and outwardly seems very chill. I have seen him play in person many times in Charlotte and I would not say he is a max player.
My preference is neither unless you pair one with Durant or Kawhi.

Speaking of which, lets no forget this is the dude that bailed on his team in San Antonio and labeled a head case. If he "learned and grew" from the experience, then why can't Kyrie? Perhaps Kemba too? To be fair, we need to know our draft position then go after Durant/Kawhi and then I sign my PG.

Maybe we draft Morant and........

If No Durant/Kawhi then I make strong move for D'angelo or kick the can down the road and keep developing the youth. Not the scenario most want given the pain fans endured but I do think Knox/Mitch/Frank/DSjr make for an interesting core. All are under 22 years old.

Knicks can take on salary for picks also. We go philly process style and then make trades to bolster roster.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/10/2019  9:43 AM
Nalod wrote:Kemba has never been to the places Kyrie has both succeeded at and struggled in.
Kyrie was a wing man and did not like. He has been a leading alpha, and might find that its not as easy as advertised. Fans assume once a problem, always a problem. I surmise experience can be a teacher too.
Its not that Kemba lacks, he just has not been to the playoffs. Its not on him, but we don't know if melts down. Kyrie rose with Lebron, and "failed" with this Boston team. So did Ainge, so did Haywood, so did Tatum, so did Rozier, and others.
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't. Kemba has not been in the spotlight and outwardly seems very chill. I have seen him play in person many times in Charlotte and I would not say he is a max player.

Speaking of which, lets no forget this is the dude that bailed on his team in San Antonio and labeled a head case. If he "learned and grew" from the experience, then why can't Kyrie? Perhaps Kemba too? To be fair, we need to know our draft position then go after Durant/Kawhi and then I sign my PG.

If No Durant/Kawhi then I make strong move for D'angelo or kick the can down the road and keep developing the youth. Not the scenario most want given the pain fans endured but I do think Knox/Mitch/Frank/DSjr make for an interesting core. All are under 22 years old.

Knicks can take on salary for picks also. We go philly process style and then make trades to bolster roster.

What’s unfortunate is that it’s very possible that we don’t get jack squad this Summer. I’ve said that before but I’m kind of mentally preparing myself for that and I think others should too. Expecting Zion, Durant and Kawhi and suddenly getting no big-name free agents while falling to the fifth pick is a huge mental let-down.

FYI, if the Nets end up signing Irving, I would love to sign Russell, as long as we don’t draft Morant. That would be a really nice move, whether we get Durant or Kawhi or not.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/10/2019  10:12 AM
Resumé is important. Where you started and where you are today is important. Shot making ability is important. Why would anyone pick Kemba?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/10/2019  10:22 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Resumé is important. Where you started and where you are today is important. Shot making ability is important. Why would anyone pick Kemba?

If it were simply a matter of choosing between the 2 then of course you take Irving. I’d rather have none of them if we don’t land Durant though.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
5/10/2019  10:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2019  11:10 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:[quote=."Cartman718"]
Resumé is important. Where you started and where you are today is important. Shot making ability is important. Why would anyone pick Kemba?

If it were simply a matter of choosing between the 2 then of course you take Irving. I’d rather have none of them if we don’t land Durant though.

My opinion is Kyrie is a consideration when the prerequisite Draft position is known, then executed and then after Durant/Kawhi. If Zion is our fate then the conversation changes but Kyrie has to demonstrate what he has learned or has to do better with regarding leading a young team. He would have to sell me if I were mills/Perry. As I have mentioned NBA "Word Salad" can mean you say the right things but don't act on it.
Melo and Joakim sold Phil a pretty hefty line of bullshyt. Once the contract is signed accountability is not really a tangable quality.

Officially Im skeptical on Kyrie with Zion. Without him we should just take a pass. And yes, we need to temper our expectations but that won't happen. We know many fans will pitch a fit that we were somehow hoodwinked. Really, winning 10-15 more games would not have made much impact on the franchise. If we did, the kids would have been exceptional and it would be wonderful. Shame what became of KP. What I had hoped would happen with him I now fear: He fulfills his "unicorness"!!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/10/2019  10:51 AM
The argument for Kemba is he is more likable and the more durable player. However Kyrie is younger and a little better, so he's the obvious choice for me. But i like Kemba and would gladly take either.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/10/2019  11:27 AM
Kyrie or Kemba.... hmmmmmmmmmmm... Uh, Kyrie every single time.

That said, I would be happy with Kemba. He's balled out of his mind in MSG somewhat regularly. Certain guys always show up for MSG. I would be satisfied with having our floor general be one of those guys

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Welpee
Member: #6239

5/10/2019  10:09 PM
Totally unlikely hypothetical question:

1)Kyrie at the full max money and years.
2)Kemba if he agrees to a three year deal at a little less money per year and it helps us acquire a higher quality role player than we would have access to if we signed Kyrie.

Which player you going with?

Kemet
Member: #6148

5/10/2019  11:00 PM
Kyrie & Kemba has no team-leadership skills to improve their teammates performance !!!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/11/2019  12:00 AM
Welpee wrote:Totally unlikely hypothetical question:

2)Kemba if he agrees to a three year deal at a little less money per year and it helps us acquire a higher quality role player than we would have access to if we signed Kyrie.

Kemba absolutely.

Kemet

5/11/2019  12:43 AM
Welpee wrote:Totally unlikely hypothetical question:

None of the above !!!

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/11/2019  1:41 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kemba has never been to the places Kyrie has both succeeded at and struggled in.

What’s unfortunate is that it’s very possible that we don’t get jack squad this Summer. I’ve said that before but I’m kind of mentally preparing myself for that and I think others should too. Expecting Zion, Durant and Kawhi and suddenly getting no big-name free agents while falling to the fifth pick is a huge mental let-down.

FYI, if the Nets end up signing Irving, I would love to sign Russell, as long as we don’t draft Morant. That would be a really nice move, whether we get Durant or Kawhi or not.

If we can't get one of K.Durant or K.Leonard then i say we don't sign anyone to anything longer then a one year deal and keep developing the young guys. IMO we have to get one of those two and i don't care which one it is. I love both of them and have them both as top options. We get one of them then we let him sit in on the meetings on who he wants to play with whether it be Kyrie or Kemba or we draft Morant or Garland and let them decide on what SG they want out of Klay (i unfortunately don't think we have a chance at him cause he wants west coast) J.Butler or K.Middleton. It starts with KD or KL for me.

Kemet

5/11/2019  5:29 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

If we can't get one of K.Durant or K.Leonard then i say we don't sign anyone to anything longer then a one year deal and keep developing the young guys. IMO we have to get one of those two and i don't care which one it is. I love both of them and have them both as top options. We get one of them then we let him sit in on the meetings on who he wants to play with whether it be Kyrie or Kemba or we draft Morant or Garland and let them decide on what SG they want out of Klay (i unfortunately don't think we have a chance at him cause he wants west coast) J.Butler or K.Middleton. It starts with KD or KL for me.

Kyrie & Kemba are not 2-Way complimentary PG their weak team leadership performance are equal .. Kyrie was lucky to have the best player in the NBA (Lebron) as a teammate, then being traded to a postseason team (Celtics) who have strong team leadership from Horford to make it to the ECF consecutively.
I don't believe either Kyrie or Kemba performance could help the Knicks become a winning team.

The Knicks first priority should be hiring a new head-coach for next season (Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd) to tutor a decent system into the Knicks young guard-rotation to perform team-ball on both sides of the court.

Depending on the Knicks draft pick .. Anthony Davis should be on the Knicks first agenda on draft night for a trade under the Low salary-cap rule.
A winning head-coach Mark Jackson and AD should get the Knicks a winning star FA on July 1st.
A) Klay
B) Kawhi
C) Durant
D) Butler
E) ???

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/12/2019  9:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2019  9:18 AM
Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Kyrie & Kemba are not 2-Way complimentary PG their weak team leadership performance are equal .. Kyrie was lucky to have the best player in the NBA (Lebron) as a teammate, then being traded to a postseason team (Celtics) who have strong team leadership from Horford to make it to the ECF consecutively.
I don't believe either Kyrie or Kemba performance could help the Knicks become a winning team.

The Knicks first priority should be hiring a new head-coach for next season (Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd) to tutor a decent system into the Knicks young guard-rotation to perform team-ball on both sides of the court.

Depending on the Knicks draft pick .. Anthony Davis should be on the Knicks first agenda on draft night for a trade under the Low salary-cap rule.
A winning head-coach Mark Jackson and AD should get the Knicks a winning star FA on July 1st.
A) Klay
B) Kawhi
C) Durant
D) Butler
E) ???

The Problem is you need to gut the entire team to trade for Davis. Pelicans won't do the deal without 3 First ROund Picks, Knox, Mitch, Dennis SMith Jr, Dotson. So we get Davis we might get Durant than what. We won't be any good with zero assets and zero bench we will be walled in. I'm not trading for anyone. Trading will remove to many assets. Our best chance to win is using free agency, and keeping our draft picks. By keeping our draft picks we protect against injury. At least if things go South we won't fall into another 10 years of darkness. Your plan we don't win anything and we leave the franchise with zero assets and no way to get better. You created the Melo Knicks again.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/12/2019  4:08 PM
Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

A) Klay
B) Kawhi
C) Durant
D) Butler
E) ???

Not sure why you're replying to my post in which i said i'd have to have one of K.Durant or K.Leonard to move ahead with signing any other big name in free agency when you're talking about Kyrie and Kemba? Hmmmmmmm.

Welpee
Member: #6239

5/13/2019  5:54 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

A) Klay
B) Kawhi
C) Durant
D) Butler
E) ???

The Problem is you need to gut the entire team to trade for Davis. Pelicans won't do the deal without 3 First ROund Picks, Knox, Mitch, Dennis SMith Jr, Dotson. So we get Davis we might get Durant than what. We won't be any good with zero assets and zero bench we will be walled in. I'm not trading for anyone. Trading will remove to many assets. Our best chance to win is using free agency, and keeping our draft picks. By keeping our draft picks we protect against injury. At least if things go South we won't fall into another 10 years of darkness. Your plan we don't win anything and we leave the franchise with zero assets and no way to get better. You created the Melo Knicks again.

But it's not like the Pelicans are dealing from a position of strength. Everybody knows Davis is leaving. I think that's going to have a major impact on their leverage in any trade negotiations.
Nalod
USA
5/14/2019  11:32 AM
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

A) Klay
B) Kawhi
C) Durant
D) Butler
E) ???

But it's not like the Pelicans are dealing from a position of strength. Everybody knows Davis is leaving. I think that's going to have a major impact on their leverage in any trade negotiations.

Depends on how stern AD is about resigning with another team. Melo played that card. KP pulled it out and it did not work. I would respect KP a bit if he actually takes it to be unrestricted.

If AD sticks to it and he tells for example Boston "I won't resign with you".....Then the price goes down and the remaining teams have to then compete. But I agree I'd rather have KI then trade major depth and potential for AD.

MY perfect scenario outside of Zion is KD an KL and we make just one trade to weave the time line together for a long sustained run.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/14/2019  8:01 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

A) Klay
B) Kawhi
C) Durant
D) Butler
E) ???

Trading for AD could be another Melo move if it guts the team. I'd rather see them work int he 3 ne wplayers with what they have. Their players may not be stars but they just need a little hlep. KD, Zion and a good guard would be that help,

A trade cannot gut the team and cannot include MITCH!

Kyrie Vs Kemba

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy