[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Avengers - What is the Knicks End Game?
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
5/5/2019  9:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2019  10:03 AM
In an alternate universe, Scott Perry dispatches his scouting staff to every continent on the planet. The recommendations they return with are not Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving, but the next Giannis Antetokounmpo and Anthony Davis. The next CJ McCollum, please.

They are not the usual suspects. Except for Kawhi Leonard of course. Leonard is the ONLY max deal that should be under consideration, unless Anthony Davis suddenly develops a taste for NY style pizza.

Our next batch of before-prime signees is NOT fully matured, nor are they the most recognizable names... but these assets are in the early stages of their development. None should be older than 27.
None. We are young and crazy. Let’s stay that way.

No time for saviors. The next batch of babies blends seamlessly with Mitchell Robinson, Mario Hezonja, Alonzo Trier, Dennis Smith Jr and Kevin Knox, all who have a lot of growing up on their collective plate. If that includes Zion, cool. If not, we move on without hesitation, or falling back on the failed strategies of the past.

Set the Way Forward Machine to 2021 and lets enjoy the ride.

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/5/2019  1:06 PM
Well said.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/5/2019  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2019  1:41 PM
Durant is not a choice - it is happening.
If he will wont it any FO including Knicks will take it.
His presence is team changing in many ways beyond him being the best player in NBA at this moment.
Without him GS will be bounced out of first round.
But after him deciding to stay or move to another sure win now roster I am with you 100%.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/5/2019  4:05 PM
if the knicks want to win, it sKD and KL..that is the only way to go.

Robinson
KD
Knox
KL
Smith

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/5/2019  4:33 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:if the knicks want to win, it sKD and KL..that is the only way to go.

Robinson
KD
Knox
KL
Smith

Yeah, but Leonard and to the Clippers is nearly as done of a deal KD to the Knicks. I'd like Middleton because of his versatility, especially on defense. But his salary is too much of a deterrent. But I wouldn't be upset if they didn't sign anyway not named KD, Kyrie or Kawhi. Sometimes you gotta punt and wait for the next opportunity.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
misterearl
USA
5/5/2019  8:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2019  8:32 PM
Anthony Davis is only 26 years old

Kawhi was born in LA

Does Durant really want to wear the cloak of “savior” in New York?

misterearl
USA
5/5/2019  8:34 PM
arkrud wrote:Durant is not a choice - it is happening.
His presence is team changing in many ways beyond him being the best player in NBA at this moment.
But after him deciding to stay or move to another sure win now roster I am with you 100%.

Durant is happening?
Based on what exactly?

Rumors?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/6/2019  9:03 AM
misterearl wrote:

Durant is happening?
Based on what exactly?

Rumors?

yes... Rumors. Now you can play the salty card like Vmart, or you can play the I'm smarter than everyone else card and be the guy "who never believed he was coming" just in case he doesnt... or you can just sit tight and see how this plays out as every GM, player and agent all thinks he's coming to the Knicks.

Its cute to be different sometimes... but this is the time to just wait. He's the best player in the league right now. He's likely to be joined to Kyrie who's departure is making less noise but almost as likely.

Superman? Cape?

KD comes the only thing that will derail NY's love for him will be injuries. If he's healthy he will be at worst the guy we love and respect for having the balls to come. At best he's a king of the city and a NY icon for decades to go along with being an NBA icon.

If you are lucky enough to land KD then enjoy being lucky enough.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/6/2019  10:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/6/2019  10:08 AM
fishmike wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Durant is happening?
Based on what exactly?

Rumors?

yes... Rumors. Now you can play the salty card like Vmart, or you can play the I'm smarter than everyone else card and be the guy "who never believed he was coming" just in case he doesnt... or you can just sit tight and see how this plays out as every GM, player and agent all thinks he's coming to the Knicks.

Its cute to be different sometimes... but this is the time to just wait. He's the best player in the league right now. He's likely to be joined to Kyrie who's departure is making less noise but almost as likely.

Superman? Cape?

KD comes the only thing that will derail NY's love for him will be injuries. If he's healthy he will be at worst the guy we love and respect for having the balls to come. At best he's a king of the city and a NY icon for decades to go along with being an NBA icon.

Or you can be an excessive optimist like fish, and look for clues like he is putting pieces to a puzzle together which give what he wants to happen. If you say wait and see then wait and see. Comments need not happen.

By the way Avengers end game left me very salty. Movie making at it worst.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/6/2019  11:09 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Durant is happening?
Based on what exactly?

Rumors?

Superman? Cape?

Or you can be an excessive optimist like fish, and look for clues like he is putting pieces to a puzzle together which give what he wants to happen. If you say wait and see then wait and see. Comments need not happen.

What I meant under "happening" is something which is independent from Knicks fans, owner, and FO desires and actions.
It is exclusively up to KD. This is "Act of good" from Knicks perspective not a choice.
That's why it does not make any sense to bother.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/6/2019  11:54 AM
fishmike wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Durant is happening?
Based on what exactly?

Rumors?

Superman? Cape?

Well Said!!!

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/6/2019  11:55 AM
misterearl wrote:Anthony Davis is only 26 years old

Kawhi was born in LA

We shall see....Durant is averaging near 40 pts per vs the Rockets...Why wouldn't we want him in the Blue n Orange??

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/6/2019  12:23 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
5/6/2019  1:38 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Durant is happening?
Based on what exactly?

Rumors?

Superman? Cape?

I can see why you would have hated it lol
fishmike
USA
5/6/2019  2:50 PM
Uptown wrote:
misterearl wrote:Anthony Davis is only 26 years old

Kawhi was born in LA

We shall see....Durant is averaging near 40 pts per vs the Rockets...Why wouldn't we want him in the Blue n Orange??

They will find a reason. You and I will enjoy everything about it. Fingers crossed.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/6/2019  3:00 PM
I was away on a biz trip so Nalod sat his grown man ass at Avengers Movie.
It was everything I hoped it would be. I don't eat movie popcorn because its too Salty.
It was too long, over the top, not as good as the last one, blah blah.
I had a nice night out. Its about expectations. The last one was actually pretty good. This one finished it. Im not a big fan of this genre as I did not grow up reading comic books. I think Superman can woop Batmans ass and the DC movies suck. I actually didn't realize until year ago there was a difference between DC and Marvel.
What ever.
Faith and Fandom. If you want to be "that guy" and not believe Durant is coming, have at it. Why ruin the fun for others? You really want to protect Fishmike and others from hurt feelings? Perhaps most of us find it a bonus even still if he does. We understand math, and we understand the tank and being a "Zionist" is low probability.

Me, I do hope we get Durant, and Kawahi but first luck into Zion. Why? Three timelines and culture building. I don't pretend to know if Kawhi is down for that. I know what everyone else does that he likes So. Cal, will helicopter from San Diego in and enjoy his autistic brilliance in the sunshine.
Or not.

Im not drawing any lines, not looking for magical endings where nobody is hurt and we have to have a path to contention by second week in July or Mills/Perry are no better than any other buffoon we had here before.

For now, im a fan with hope. reality is incremental improvement each year and maybe lady luck takes us for a ride.

Vmart
USA
5/6/2019  3:12 PM
Nalod wrote:I was away on a biz trip so Nalod sat his grown man ass at Avengers Movie.
It was everything I hoped it would be. I don't eat movie popcorn because its too Salty.
I had a nice night out. Its about expectations. The last one was actually pretty good. This one finished it. Im not a big fan of this genre as I did not grow up reading comic books. I think Superman can woop Batmans ass and the DC movies suck. I actually didn't realize until year ago there was a difference between DC and Marvel.
What ever.
Faith and Fandom. If you want to be "that guy" and not believe Durant is coming, have at it. Why ruin the fun for others? You really want to protect Fishmike and others from hurt feelings? Perhaps most of us find it a bonus even still if he does. We understand math, and we understand the tank and being a "Zionist" is low probability.

Me, I do hope we get Durant, and Kawahi but first luck into Zion. Why? Three timelines and culture building. I don't pretend to know if Kawhi is down for that. I know what everyone else does that he likes So. Cal, will helicopter from San Diego in and enjoy his autistic brilliance in the sunshine.
Or not.

Im not drawing any lines, not looking for magical endings where nobody is hurt and we have to have a path to contention by second week in July or Mills/Perry are no better than any other buffoon we had here before.

For now, im a fan with hope. reality is incremental improvement each year and maybe lady luck takes us for a ride.

I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade. But the reality stone says the odds are not in our favor. Due more to the Knicks losing ways as opposed to cap space. The lack of talent or unproven talent makes this a destination which is not desirable. If KD comes to the Knicks I will root for his success and root for my fellow Knicks fans happiness.

Nalod
USA
5/6/2019  4:19 PM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:I was away on a biz trip so Nalod sat his grown man ass at Avengers Movie.
What ever.

Or not.

I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade. But the reality stone says the odds are not in our favor. Due more to the Knicks losing ways as opposed to cap space. The lack of talent or unproven talent makes this a destination which is not desirable. If KD comes to the Knicks I will root for his success and root for my fellow Knicks fans happiness.

Pehraps not pissing on anyones corflakes but most by all appearences its seels like you enjoy pouring salt on some posters frosted flakes and like to see the look on their faces!

We all know understand the math of Zion and the low probability. The fact is Winning is not always the prerequisite to signing a free agent or a player wanting to be in a certain city. Its about the future of the team. If a player cannot see his way here then its not a good fit.
We been over this hundreds of times and we all know the record of the team and what happened, Riley tanked the Heat something bad then signed Lebron and Bosh. It happens. We don't have a Wade, or a unicorn for that matter. All we have are the rumors. We have a roster full of youth, some epic cap space and a top 5 pick. No knick team has ever been able to say this. None.

I don't know how this all shakes out. In fact im good just drafting players. Lots of holes in that I understand. Opportunities arise. Have to be prepared.

Vmart
USA
5/6/2019  5:53 PM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
What ever.

Or not.

Pehraps not pissing on anyones corflakes but most by all appearences its seels like you enjoy pouring salt on some posters frosted flakes and like to see the look on their faces!

We all know understand the math of Zion and the low probability. The fact is Winning is not always the prerequisite to signing a free agent or a player wanting to be in a certain city. Its about the future of the team. If a player cannot see his way here then its not a good fit.
We been over this hundreds of times and we all know the record of the team and what happened, Riley tanked the Heat something bad then signed Lebron and Bosh. It happens. We don't have a Wade, or a unicorn for that matter. All we have are the rumors. We have a roster full of youth, some epic cap space and a top 5 pick. No knick team has ever been able to say this. None.

I don't know how this all shakes out. In fact im good just drafting players. Lots of holes in that I understand. Opportunities arise. Have to be prepared.

Nalod piss and **** on people all the time. What make you so high and might dude you single handily ran people off the board.

Nalod
USA
5/7/2019  6:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/7/2019  7:10 AM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
What ever.

Or not.

Nalod piss and **** on people all the time. What make you so high and might dude you single handily ran people off the board.

1. I usually know what I don’t know.
2. When I’m wrong, I have no problem admitting it. We make mistakes. Knicks make mistakes, all teams make mistakes. It’s part of the process.
3. I try to look things up, provide facts. Make a point to decifer opinion vs. facts.
4. Nalod rarely makes shyt up. When I do its easy to see the sarcasm or fiction.
5. I don’t run people off, they make a decision to not adhere to the forum. The Admin is fair to offer them the choice.

6. This:

. This is a common trait to the guys who have a hard time conversing. When called out you “deflect”. Some dudes just go “man, I’m grumpy about this team”, or somehow relent. Among friends its not a hard thing to do. Not everything is an arguement or open to debate.

If this comes off high and mighty then I appreciate the compliment.

The Avengers - What is the Knicks End Game?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy