Member: #247
USA
5/3/2019  5:06 PM
That’s a good list.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/3/2019  5:32 PM
Gallo is playing great, but Id be worried about the same thing we went through with Camby. Always hurt, traded. Eventually becomes more reliable. Gets traded back to NY, and he's back to being frequently hurt.

Probably cant afford him. If Jordan moves on, I hope they make a pitch to Rolo. Bring him off the bench. Mitch is fast enough to cover PFs. They could be quite a good defensive tandem at times. Kind of player you want in the playoffs, when the game slows down. Probably cant afford him though.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

5/3/2019  10:16 PM
Call me silly but I don't want LeBronna anywhere near the Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/3/2019  11:00 PM
The Knicks can’t mess with their Durant cap space. But if they were in the asset accumulation phase they could clean up if they took on a contract like Crabbe’s. Not interested in helping out the most over hyped 42 win team in history but the Knicks have lots of options with picks and cap space.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/4/2019  9:02 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Call me silly but I don't want LeBronna anywhere near the Knicks.

Ditto

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/5/2019  10:42 AM
If i only land 1 max guy this summer (let's say KD), i would work hard to deal for Beal or AD and absorb into space. I would only want stars at age 26 or less assuming we would need to deal assets.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/6/2019  8:46 AM
Vmart wrote:That’s a good list.

lillard and LBJH are probably the biggest pipe dreams on this list..

Lillard isn't chasing rings and loves portland and from everything i have read the feeling are very mutual. The lakers are not trading bron(he probably has a NTC as well)

If i know Kd and Kyrie are a lock, i would focus on Beal and booker..

ES
Vmart
USA
5/6/2019  10:24 AM
I would add Westbrook to that list. I think he will be available.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/6/2019  11:03 AM
This thread should be renamed into "Ultimate starpunching".
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/6/2019  4:42 PM
Vmart wrote:I would add Westbrook to that list. I think he will be available.

Westbrook and Durant back together. Really? Might want to think that one thru.
Also, if we sign two max players, how does one go about paying the salary of this Rainmanian wet dream?

Vmart
USA
5/6/2019  5:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/6/2019  5:27 PM
Nalod wrote:

Westbrook and Durant back together. Really? Might want to think that one thru.
Also, if we sign two max players, how does one go about paying the salary of this Rainmanian wet dream?

This about trading cap space. Who knows it could be something totally different. Westbrook and AD, How about Westbrook and Kawhi, it could be anything not necessarily Westbrook and KD.

I am not a Westbrook fan by the way. I think he is more into personal statistics than winning.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
5/6/2019  8:51 PM
Totally against trading our assets for another star player - especially if we land a Durant and/or Kyrie! To me, it only makes sense to go "all in" when you're a seasoned/stable team needing that one player to get you from the conference semifinals to the finals... We're clearly not that team so maybe it's okay with build incrementally and improve each year. If we land Durant and a Kyrie - we should make the playoffs. If Mitch and/or Knox and/or DSJr develops - we take another step. If we land Zion then our capacity is greater but still good to leave some talent and not drain the cupboard.

If we strike out on Durant, Kawhi, etc this summer = then keep compiling assets and save the money as you never know when another quality player becomes available. Basically, keep the team in a position of power and flexibility so we're not always saving short-term to go "all in" due to impatience. We're so bad at it anyways - look at our history for evidence

knicks1248
5/7/2019  8:34 AM
jskinny35 wrote:Totally against trading our assets for another star player - especially if we land a Durant and/or Kyrie! To me, it only makes sense to go "all in" when you're a seasoned/stable team needing that one player to get you from the conference semifinals to the finals... We're clearly not that team so maybe it's okay with build incrementally and improve each year. If we land Durant and a Kyrie - we should make the playoffs. If Mitch and/or Knox and/or DSJr develops - we take another step. If we land Zion then our capacity is greater but still good to leave some talent and not drain the cupboard.

If we strike out on Durant, Kawhi, etc this summer = then keep compiling assets and save the money as you never know when another quality player becomes available. Basically, keep the team in a position of power and flexibility so we're not always saving short-term to go "all in" due to impatience. We're so bad at it anyways - look at our history for evidence

TWO stars will not cut it..when LBJ came back to cleveland to join Kyrie, they were slightly above avg until they got Love in a trade for (no other than) the #1 pick Wiggins. They won a title coming off one of the worst records in the NBA the previous season.

When the Knicks traded KP they swung for the fences on a 0-2 pitch

ES
Nalod
USA
5/7/2019  10:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/7/2019  10:19 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Totally against trading our assets for another star player - especially if we land a Durant and/or Kyrie! To me, it only makes sense to go "all in" when you're a seasoned/stable team needing that one player to get you from the conference semifinals to the finals... We're clearly not that team so maybe it's okay with build incrementally and improve each year. If we land Durant and a Kyrie - we should make the playoffs. If Mitch and/or Knox and/or DSJr develops - we take another step. If we land Zion then our capacity is greater but still good to leave some talent and not drain the cupboard.

TWO stars will not cut it..when LBJ came back to cleveland to join Kyrie, they were slightly above avg until they got Love in a trade for (no other than) the #1 pick Wiggins. They won a title coming off one of the worst records in the NBA the previous season.

You sort of right. Two stars with a balanced squad with a few very good players can get it done. Today that's called the Houston Rockets. In the past it was the Spurs. GSW pre Durant won 73 games with Klay/Steph and a very good team around them. Draymond Green is not a star. He is a very very good glue guy. Knicks third spoke has to be in grown. The Heatles were valid because they had Wade already. If you bring in two "stars" (my fingers hurt typing that) the dynamic changes. There is a lot more air and sun for Knox, Frank, DSjr and whom ever we draft. I would expect a trade if we land Durant and another but that's for another day.

In Boston the trio of Horford/Kyrie/Haywood is not conducive to growing Tatum/Brown/Rozier. What happens in the past on Cle and BOS is not automatic going forward.

If Durant does not want to grow the youth then FO has to either accommodate him or take a pass. Durant will pick his "robin" and the vision of what he wants. Knicks either accommodate or not. So yeah, two won't get it done but how you get to the third and when is wide open. It need not be year one.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/7/2019  12:59 PM

I would stay away from Westbrook. His age given his skillset and salary are tough.

knicks1248
5/7/2019  2:04 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You sort of right. Two stars with a balanced squad with a few very good players can get it done. Today that's called the Houston Rockets. In the past it was the Spurs. GSW pre Durant won 73 games with Klay/Steph and a very good team around them. Draymond Green is not a star. He is a very very good glue guy. Knicks third spoke has to be in grown. The Heatles were valid because they had Wade already. If you bring in two "stars" (my fingers hurt typing that) the dynamic changes. There is a lot more air and sun for Knox, Frank, DSjr and whom ever we draft. I would expect a trade if we land Durant and another but that's for another day.

In Boston the trio of Horford/Kyrie/Haywood is not conducive to growing Tatum/Brown/Rozier. What happens in the past on Cle and BOS is not automatic going forward.

If Durant does not want to grow the youth then FO has to either accommodate him or take a pass. Durant will pick his "robin" and the vision of what he wants. Knicks either accommodate or not. So yeah, two won't get it done but how you get to the third and when is wide open. It need not be year one.

If this was any other FA, i would agree about KD growing with the youth, but he is 32 yrs, kyrie (is having a hard time already with bostons youth) is not coming to NY to do the same.

I'm almost certain that Mils and Perry's pitch will have nothing to do with youth and growing, it will be about Branding and and bringing a title in the greatest sports city on earth within 1 to 3 yrs...

Those are the only 2 things that KD cares about, and I'm sure Dolan is going to be in that meeting offering him everything except lead singer in his band

ES
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
5/7/2019  2:15 PM
If that's true then it's a lousy plan. Only team that successfully went "all in" and recovered/rebuilt in reasonable time period was the 2008-10 Boston team with KG, Pierce and R.Allen. They were lucky to find suckers (Nets) to take the old guys and have a genius GM in Ainge. Up until this point, we have been the suckers and should feel lucky Ainge called NJ and not us.

As bad as we have been for so long, it's hard to get behind a plan to poach 2 stars from another team, gut the roster and young talent collected - for a 2-3 win now period. After that what are we left with? 2 Past their prime max free agents and no young talent left to start over? Really hope we can believe the new FO with everything they are saying b/c they are communicating a desire to not make short-sighted moves...

Nalod
USA
5/7/2019  2:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

If this was any other FA, i would agree about KD growing with the youth, but he is 32 yrs, kyrie (is having a hard time already with bostons youth) is not coming to NY to do the same.

I'm almost certain that Mils and Perry's pitch will have nothing to do with youth and growing, it will be about Branding and and bringing a title in the greatest sports city on earth within 1 to 3 yrs...

Those are the only 2 things that KD cares about, and I'm sure Dolan is going to be in that meeting offering him everything except lead singer in his band

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2019/05/05/new-yorks-pitch-to-free-agents-were-not-the-same-old-knicks/amp/

Your making shyt up again. Durant will be 31 in September.
You transpose the past into the future. The dynamic would be very different here. I don't want Kyrie as the alpha here. He might not want to be the alpha here. He is on record to appreciation what Lebron did. While you don't love Fiz he is different than Brad Stevens. Might be good way, might not. I can say its not the same.
Your really sure dolan will be there? Even if so, why is that a bad thing? Besides Oak, what player has said bad things about him? Spree? his beef was 18 years ago.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/7/2019  2:33 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2019/05/05/new-yorks-pitch-to-free-agents-were-not-the-same-old-knicks/amp/

Your making shyt up again. Durant will be 31 in September.
You transpose the past into the future. The dynamic would be very different here. I don't want Kyrie as the alpha here. He might not want to be the alpha here. He is on record to appreciation what Lebron did. While you don't love Fiz he is different than Brad Stevens. Might be good way, might not. I can say its not the same.
Your really sure dolan will be there? Even if so, why is that a bad thing? Besides Oak, what player has said bad things about him? Spree? his beef was 18 years ago.

Not to mention they appeared to put their problems with each other aside. Spree comes to games often enough suddenly, seemingly.

I don’t really love Irving and I have choices I’d rather take. I don’t think he’d be the arshole he’s perceived as though, if he came with KD, even if you use the “perception is reality argument. Nothing has happened yet though. It’s entirely possible we come up empty handed and the 5th pick. I feel like that is sadly, our most likely outcome.

I personally would love Ja or Zion, Kawhi and Klay.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
If you could use our cap space to trade for a player who are your top 5

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy